Morehouse School of Medicine

Morehouse School of Medicine Employer Reviews

Morehouse School of Medicine becoming the leading academic institution in the State of GA
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 12, 2014
Morehouse School of Medicine is an awesome place to work. Being apart of an institution that genuinely care about the students, residents,faculty, and staff' success is very much rewarding.
We can never have enough healthcare workers
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaOctober 7, 2014
Actually considered becoming a nurse. But, I enjoy the administrative side of Healthcare.
An active and team oriented invdividual
Janitor (Former Employee), AtlantaSeptember 12, 2014
Responsible For the sanitation of all areas, carry out any and all additional tasks.
Good intentions, but needs a lot of work.
Executive Director, Marketing and Communications (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: higher than usual salaries
Cons: little or no support from supervisors, opression from colleagues and leadership, workload is overwhelming.
I worked there for four years and it got harder and harder each day. The management is sub par and so is much of the staff. I was hoping and wishing for a better job culture, but it just never got better.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2014
I'm on a temp assignment and I must say it's a great place to work.
Grassroots Training
Application/Report Developer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2014
My experience here was challenging and filled with opportunities to learn and grow.

I built databases, applications and reports from scratch and learned how to more inventive and think outside the box.
Enjoyed my work; great people
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT III (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: grant funding primary source of employee salaries
Great people, flexible hours/days, salary ranges good, good location near downtown Atlanta, access to Marta (public transportation-train).
Not worth the low pay
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), AtlantaJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours, near marta rail and bus lines
Cons: no job security, no room for advancement, you have to pay for parking in the parking garage
Highly unorganized and dysfuntional organization in need of improvements in every aspect. Old computer equipment, not enough office supplies to do the job effectively. No communication between management and lower staff members. In a financial crisis, several vendors have not been paid for services, several staff members have not been reimbursed for – more... travel expenses for several months at a time. Part time employees are expected to do full time work with no assistance. If you are a part time employee do not go over your 20 hours in a work week or you will be reprimanded about it. I would not recommend working here unless you are the type of person who has no drive or aspirations to go further this is a good position for a newly high school graduate as a summer job or a freshman in college. – less
productive
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 14, 2013
Full time job, very good environment, management and co workers are very cooperative.
Good place learn about higher education administration
Program Manager (Former Employee), AtlantaDecember 3, 2013
Pros: small and family-oriented co-workers
Cons: very little upward growth/ advancement
The environment was productive and ever- changing to the trends of current higher education administration. The organization was small and created a family- oriented atmosphere. The hardest part was to manage several job functions due to limited staff availability. This is very valuable is learning various responsibilities in different departments.
MSM is not staff friendy
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2013
Career will remain stagnant, if your are not a physician or faculty member.
Medical school cafeteria
Intern in cafeteria (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: free food, learning experience
Cons: the new managers attitudes, short lunches
A typical day at work was getting there at eight in the morning and diving headfirst into work. Setting up the line, getting grill material prepared, stocking things that needed to be stocked(gloves, wax paper, plates, cups). I learned how to cook on the grill and work in a fast paced environment. Breakfast started with a hungry crowd and lunch started – more... with an even hungrier. Management was good until the new management came and was very nonchalant and rude about things. My coworkers were easy to get along with, just like I was very cheerful and funny towards them so we all stayed in a comfortable environment. The hardest part of my job was trying to sit down for a break. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the smiles on the customers faces. – less
Positive and professional atmosphere.
MANAGER OF FACULTY RECORDS (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2013
One enjoyable part of my job is overseeing the different databases that house the faculty's data. Not only am I able to manage their material on campus, but the national databases as well. We have instituted another web based data system that will capture the faculty's activities called Digital Measures. With the new web program, new training has been – more... facilitated which allows greater interaction with the faculty.

A typical day at work involves data input, Organizing faculty files, overseeing the recruitment of new faculty, and committee meetings.

There are three other people that make up the office of Faculty Affairs and Development. It is a newly formulated organization which is steadily growing. The faculty depend greatly on this organization for their credentialing, their appointment letters, reappointments, seminars and new appointments. We work very well together as a team.

I have learned the many things being at a medical school. Their process are so different working at an undergrad institution. I have learned about how long it takes the credentialing process, the differences between the ranks, new data bases and much more.

I don't directly supervise anyone.

MSM is a very enjoyable place. – less
Lacks Ethical Standards
Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2013
Cons: nepotism, lack of fiscal management, no pay raises
Nepotism is a large problem at the school. Management hires family members or friends that are not qualified for the positions. Theses individual are managing the finances and the school is in severe financial trouble. Employees have not been given a pay in over 6 years.
it's a small institution so you can learn a lot.
education (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2013
However, it not a place to retire. MSM doesn't provide enough benefits to retain their non-faculty personnel. For example, no education reimbursements, no raises for over 5 years, and etc. It's a good place to learn a lot about graduate education but then take that education to another institute.
Don't Bother Unless You Are Desperate
Finance Department (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2013
Cons: low wages, no raises, hostile environment, high crime area
I worked there for over 5 years as a top notch employee. Never received a raise nor a performance evaluation. Management does not promote from within and they discourage problem solving and critical thinking. Processes and procedures are archaic and involves tons of paper. You have to pay for parking and they feel like the occasional free sandwich from – more... an area restaurant makes up for the low wages and hostile work environment! I have never been so disrespected in my entire life! – less
Exciting academic/health-related environment
E-Learning Developer/LMS Administrator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 30, 2013
My work with the National Center for Primary Care at Morehouse School of Medicine has completely utilized each of my professional skill-sets, from producing creative online training, to management and administration of online learning systems, to effectively communicating with key stakeholders (c-suite execs, directors, etc.). I work with a highly educated, – more... dynamic group of individuals primarily on grant-focused work. It is an exciting environment, as we daily confront the challenges of producing high-quality product for several grants at a time. Success is the minimum, as we are a national resource of people that are underserved in healthcare. – less
Good Company to Work For!
MD and Graduate Programs (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2013
Pros: rewarding; made my own hours
Cons: long drive; location in a high crime area
I loved the people; We worked together and teamwork made the job a lot easier.
Fun campaign working with the executives
Contractor/Six Sigma Black Belt (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2013
Pros: flexible time schedule
Creating a marketing campaign for the executives to broaden their visibility and outreach to community. Evaluated a few of their business processes and provided some leadership in key areas.
morehouse school of medicine
Household Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2012
Pros: to finish a room and step away and see the results
Cons: not enough pay
taking care of the detail cleaning of the professors private offices and the classrooms with maticulous detail cleaning