Morehouse School of Medicine Employee Reviews

Day to Day activities
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2017
I work closely with high school and college students to expose them to health professional careers. Specifically, I teach principals centered around professional development.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Na
great people
Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 8, 2017
Flexibility, great faculty and staff to work with. The overall experience was great. Working with the students was a bonus. Small school, ability to walk from each department with ease.
Productive and easy going work place
Neuroscience Institute, Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 8, 2017
I was a student at Morehouse School of Medicine doing graduate research and I enjoyed my time working in my lab. My Advisor was very helpful and hands on with everything in my career and educational development. My project was very interesting and took a lot of time, but was fun completing from doing animal surgeries to behavioral testing.
I had one boss to report, but I had coworker never there when you need him.
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 28, 2017
My boss was very nice, he give you the assignment and he expect you to finish on a deadline without micromanaging you, and I liked to do my job without stress.
Pros
You knew what was expecting from you and do it no pressure, you have all the time you need to complete your task
Cons
It was too difficult to get on hold my coworker, so if I need help will ask someone else in other department to help.
This is the training ground
AV Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 8, 2017
Whatever skills you didn't have you will develop them here. The environment is not for the faint of heart academia is a jungle.Meet a mentor and grow.
Great place to work.
Office / Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 29, 2017
The Morehouse School of Medicine was another job that catapulted me into another area of great networking. This job allowed me to travel the state of Georgia and be apart of various organizations that dealt with health care.
N/a
Associate Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2017
Grant Funded position in which we assist providers in the state to attest to the Medicaid and Medicare Incentive programs. The program is managed by a full team of health IT individuals
Environment was conducive for training and growth.
Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2017
The environment was very conducive for trainig and learning. The upper management was very supportive of the junior staff.
Pros
Access to cme and training in perpetuity
Cons
Decent worke experience but wouldn't go back
AV Tech (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2016
Working here was a decent experience, a warm staff and faculty to work with, but clumsy organization. They try to get a lot out of their workers whilecompensating them the minimal amount
Productive and great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2016
I have gained a wealth of experience in being a team player. I have great co-workers. The most enjoyable thing about my job is the feeling that I make a difference and help researchers to fulfill their duties.
Pros
Relaxed, yet professional atmosphere, lot of community and campus-wide activities
Cons
Does not offer tuition reimbursement to staff
pleasant work environment;cafeteria on site.
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2016
A typical day included confirming appts for current day and next day.
coordinating visits with nurses, lab workers; the hardest part of the job was retention of research participants. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting participants with different health issues and educating them on the disease and options for health care.
Pros
workshops, opportunities to meet research investigators, physicians and other medical staff
Cons
documentation of one visit in more than 5 databases
Great Place to Work
Events Administrator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 1, 2016
Great place to work and the people work together for the mission of the school. The leadership ensures the faculty, staff and students are treated fairly and are appreciated.
Productive. innovative health equity based
Mobile Unit. Community Outreach Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2016
An energetic, academic environment that has multiple educational programs. Morehouse School of Medicine is the number one school producing primary care physicians. Other programs include but are not limited to Masters of Public Health, Masters of Clinical Research, PhD programs in the basic sciences. I enjoy riding the Mobile Research Center throughout Georgia participating in the clinical trails interacting with diverse people. I also do community outreach, health fairs and some community health education. Management is supportive and provides guidance in optimizing outcomes. Coworkers have different roles in more of the day to day clinical operations of the Clinical Research Center. My position is part time which at time challenges me to maintain deadlines, although I have not missed any.
Pros
Meeting and working with diverse people
Cons
part time status
Great work atmosphere
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2016
Great work environment, great staff, great opportunities, high-tech research, helping staff, fundings from various agencies
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Great work environment
If you need a job take it; move on and keep looking. There is no career advancement for administrative employees. Physicians are disrespected.
Former Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 5, 2016
Excellent people in this institution; however, leadership is hiring and paying incoming employees more than current employees with experience and knowledge. If you are not on the institutional leadership team, expect no self respect. Employees from physicians to cleaning staff unappreciated.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
Leadership is disrespectful
Great place
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 8, 2016
Great place but under staffed and needs new technology for all officers and staff. Otherwise safe environment. Some staff can be challenging.
All in all it is a good place to work.
Mailroom/Shipping/Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 9, 2016
Good place to work. People are pleasant to work with Recieve mail in the morning sort it and distribute it throughout the campus..
The overall goal.
Professor of Pediatric, Series II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 31, 2016
Morehouse School of Medicine is only one of three Historically Black Medical Schools committed to training clinicians for careers in primary healthcare. This is their charge and have excelled in their commitment.
Under the direction of the new president, they will be expanding their
class size to increase primary care providers into the community.
This community is Global. They are also accomplished in providing well trained physicians to the CDC, as well and many specialties.

It is a relatively young school,exceeding its own expectations and while training clinicians also collaborations in scholarly activities with local, national highly quality institutions in cardiovascular, hematologic research.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 29, 2016
I worked in the research lab with a great group of intelligent people. It was a great place to entry level position. Hours were flexible.
Not so good!
Billing coding (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2016
Leadership is a joke and a revolving door. Employees are treated poorly and spoken to as if they are less than human, if your opinion is contrary to leadership you are targeted. The Board is also a joke, they are aware of the complaints that are made against leadership team but nothing is done. Employees have no confidential way of reporting issues they have in fear of being terminated. Surely the Legacy won't end well!!
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule
Cons
Leadership