Morehouse School of Medicine

Morehouse School of Medicine Employer Reviews

I reviewed and wrote documents to support Contract Compliance.
Manager of Procurement Processing (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: benefits: stocks, health and education benefits
Cons: lack of advancement
A typical day involved served on a Circular Organization Board (COG) to track needed Change Orders, Waivers, Purchase Orders, etc...

Upper management failed to balance Federal and Commercial Contracts. Thus, a cut in Defense (Federal) Contracts resulted in a company lay-off. Being pro-active in Business Development provides for on-going business success.

The hardest part of my job was a struggle to advance with progressive ideas where Corporate Board Room Politics prevailed.

The opportunity to advance my education and experiences proved to be the most enjoyable.
Chaotic enviroment
manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: limited resources, old equipment, poor compensation
Chaotic environment, Chaotic environment, Chaotic environment.
Great People to work with
Lead Accounts Receivables Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 30, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: no succession plan for my position
I enjoy working for the company. I work with great people. I would like to grow in my position and possibly transition into a position with more responsibility.
Wonderful Environment
PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 26, 2014
The atmosphere at this job is highly motivating. There are many opportunities for advancement and growth. MSM promotes many opportunities for professional development through classes and also FYI sessions from various departments during lunch time.
I've enjoyed being part a of Team that impacts lives for the better.
Metro Atl Carrera Teen Center Component Leader (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 9, 2014
This current position is because of a 5 year Federal Grant. 2015 this grants ends.
Executive Assistant/Department Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2014
Assisted in creating and maintained a strong, proactive culture in Government Relations. Supported the revision of policies and procedures needed to ensure Government Relations department functionality. Oversaw and coordinated complex interactions with legislators, other local and state officials, congressional delegation, federal agency staff and other government officials/staff. Managed the Government Relations Department in the absence of the Director.
Undergraduate Volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 3, 2014
I love volunteering here! Although I did not work with the entire school; my principle investigator and his students were all a great representation of the institution. They taught me a lot of things, including a lot of things that my classroom experience did not offer. I have been volunteering for 2 years, and I am abut to graduate. They all have been awesome with writing letters of recommendation, and even advise on what to do next.
Fun
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: xx
Cons: xx
As an administrative assistant, I consider the company to be a fun place to work. Flexible and enjoyable organization.
Morehouse School of Medicine becoming the leading academic institution in the State of GA
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 12, 2014
Morehouse School of Medicine is an awesome place to work. Being apart of an institution that genuinely care about the students, residents,faculty, and staff' success is very much rewarding.
We can never have enough healthcare workers
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaOctober 7, 2014
Actually considered becoming a nurse. But, I enjoy the administrative side of Healthcare.
An active and team oriented invdividual
Janitor (Former Employee), AtlantaSeptember 12, 2014
Responsible For the sanitation of all areas, carry out any and all additional tasks.
Good intentions, but needs a lot of work.
Executive Director, Marketing and Communications (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: higher than usual salaries
Cons: little or no support from supervisors, opression from colleagues and leadership, workload is overwhelming.
I worked there for four years and it got harder and harder each day. The management is sub par and so is much of the staff. I was hoping and wishing for a better job culture, but it just never got better.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2014
I'm on a temp assignment and I must say it's a great place to work.
Grassroots Training
Application/Report Developer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2014
My experience here was challenging and filled with opportunities to learn and grow.

I built databases, applications and reports from scratch and learned how to more inventive and think outside the box.
Enjoyed my work; great people
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT III (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: grant funding primary source of employee salaries
Great people, flexible hours/days, salary ranges good, good location near downtown Atlanta, access to Marta (public transportation-train).
Not worth the low pay
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), AtlantaJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours, near marta rail and bus lines
Cons: no job security, no room for advancement, you have to pay for parking in the parking garage
Highly unorganized and dysfuntional organization in need of improvements in every aspect. Old computer equipment, not enough office supplies to do the job effectively. No communication between management and lower staff members. In a financial crisis, several vendors have not been paid for services, several staff members have not been reimbursed for travel expenses for several months at a time. Part time employees are expected to do full time work with no assistance. If you are a part time employee do not go over your 20 hours in a work week or you will be reprimanded about it. I would not recommend working here unless you are the type of person who has no drive or aspirations to go further this is a good position for a newly high school graduate as a summer job or a freshman in college.
productive
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 14, 2013
Full time job, very good environment, management and co workers are very cooperative.
Good place learn about higher education administration
Program Manager (Former Employee), AtlantaDecember 3, 2013
Pros: small and family-oriented co-workers
Cons: very little upward growth/ advancement
The environment was productive and ever- changing to the trends of current higher education administration. The organization was small and created a family- oriented atmosphere. The hardest part was to manage several job functions due to limited staff availability. This is very valuable is learning various responsibilities in different departments.
MSM is not staff friendy
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2013
Career will remain stagnant, if your are not a physician or faculty member.
Medical school cafeteria
Intern in cafeteria (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: free food, learning experience
Cons: the new managers attitudes, short lunches
A typical day at work was getting there at eight in the morning and diving headfirst into work. Setting up the line, getting grill material prepared, stocking things that needed to be stocked(gloves, wax paper, plates, cups). I learned how to cook on the grill and work in a fast paced environment. Breakfast started with a hungry crowd and lunch started with an even hungrier. Management was good until the new management came and was very nonchalant and rude about things. My coworkers were easy to get along with, just like I was very cheerful and funny towards them so we all stayed in a comfortable environment. The hardest part of my job was trying to sit down for a break. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the smiles on the customers faces.

Morehouse School of Medicine Salaries