Morehouse School of Medicine Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2016
I have gained a wealth of experience in being a team player. I have great co-workers. The most enjoyable thing about my job is the feeling that I make a difference and help researchers to fulfill their duties.
Pros
Relaxed, yet professional atmosphere, lot of community and campus-wide activities
Cons
Does not offer tuition reimbursement to staff
pleasant work environment;cafeteria on site.
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2016
A typical day included confirming appts for current day and next day.
coordinating visits with nurses, lab workers; the hardest part of the job was retention of research participants. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting participants with different health issues and educating them on the disease and options for health care.
Pros
workshops, opportunities to meet research investigators, physicians and other medical staff
Cons
documentation of one visit in more than 5 databases
Great Place to Work
Events Administrator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 1, 2016
Great place to work and the people work together for the mission of the school. The leadership ensures the faculty, staff and students are treated fairly and are appreciated.
Productive. innovative health equity based
Mobile Unit. Community Outreach Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2016
An energetic, academic environment that has multiple educational programs. Morehouse School of Medicine is the number one school producing primary care physicians. Other programs include but are not limited to Masters of Public Health, Masters of Clinical Research, PhD programs in the basic sciences. I enjoy riding the Mobile Research Center throughout Georgia participating in the clinical trails interacting with diverse people. I also do community outreach, health fairs and some community health education. Management is supportive and provides guidance in optimizing outcomes. Coworkers have different roles in more of the day to day clinical operations of the Clinical Research Center. My position is part time which at time challenges me to maintain deadlines, although I have not missed any.
Pros
Meeting and working with diverse people
Cons
part time status
Great work atmosphere
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2016
Great work environment, great staff, great opportunities, high-tech research, helping staff, fundings from various agencies
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Great work environment
If you need a job take it; move on and keep looking. There is no career advancement for administrative employees. Physicians are disrespected.
Former Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 5, 2016
Excellent people in this institution; however, leadership is hiring and paying incoming employees more than current employees with experience and knowledge. If you are not on the institutional leadership team, expect no self respect. Employees from physicians to cleaning staff unappreciated.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
Leadership is disrespectful
Great place
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 8, 2016
Great place but under staffed and needs new technology for all officers and staff. Otherwise safe environment. Some staff can be challenging.
All in all it is a good place to work.
Mailroom/Shipping/Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 9, 2016
Good place to work. People are pleasant to work with Recieve mail in the morning sort it and distribute it throughout the campus..
The overall goal.
Professor of Pediatric, Series II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 31, 2016
Morehouse School of Medicine is only one of three Historically Black Medical Schools committed to training clinicians for careers in primary healthcare. This is their charge and have excelled in their commitment.
Under the direction of the new president, they will be expanding their
class size to increase primary care providers into the community.
This community is Global. They are also accomplished in providing well trained physicians to the CDC, as well and many specialties.

It is a relatively young school,exceeding its own expectations and while training clinicians also collaborations in scholarly activities with local, national highly quality institutions in cardiovascular, hematologic research.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 29, 2016
I worked in the research lab with a great group of intelligent people. It was a great place to entry level position. Hours were flexible.
Not so good!
Billing coding (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2016
Leadership is a joke and a revolving door. Employees are treated poorly and spoken to as if they are less than human, if your opinion is contrary to leadership you are targeted. The Board is also a joke, they are aware of the complaints that are made against leadership team but nothing is done. Employees have no confidential way of reporting issues they have in fear of being terminated. Surely the Legacy won't end well!!
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule
Cons
Leadership
Great enviroment for learning new skills
it specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2016
Work load can be burdensome if you lack organizational and time management skills. The Institution provides a vast amount of learning opportunity for those willing to go above and beyond
Billing Department Revenue Cycle
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 5, 2015
Enjoy working with people in any environment medical or business. I am a quick learner, and don't mind stepping in to assit others.
Not Good to Students
Medical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2015
Administration does not have the students' best interest in mind. Only creating a good image for themselves and the school at the expense of the students' resources and support. They create a rift between students of different programs instead of fostering a friendly environment.
The circus came to town and put down roots.
Computer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 1, 2015
Where do I begin?

If you have the right friends in the right department, you may have a career at this institution. If not, you're out of there as soon as your boss begins to feel threatened by your skills and their lack of skills. I've seen more degreed professionals in positions of leadership here that have no leadership, vision, or people skills than in any other place. It's an "urban jungle" whereby few do anything to uplift their own "people", unless you have the right friends and connections. If you don't have the right connections, your days are numbered. And I'm just going to come out and say that since the place is mostly run by women of color, if you are a man of color, you're a doorstep for their boot heels. This isn't perception. It's reality. Don't expect to get anywhere in the system at this joke of a medical school. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy, much less a friend or family member.
Pros
None.
Cons
Silos, management lacking leadership ability, the place is run mostly by women who hate men of color, no work life balance.
Retirement Program is AWESOME!
Office of the Controller (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2015
The organization provides a wonderful retirement package; that's extend to all employees on their first day. The program is wonderful and the organization that runs the retirement program is awesome.
Pros
Great Retirement Program
Cons
Lack of Career Path/Growth
I reviewed and wrote documents to support Contract Compliance.
Manager of Procurement Processing (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 9, 2015
A typical day involved served on a Circular Organization Board (COG) to track needed Change Orders, Waivers, Purchase Orders, etc...

Upper management failed to balance Federal and Commercial Contracts. Thus, a cut in Defense (Federal) Contracts resulted in a company lay-off. Being pro-active in Business Development provides for on-going business success.

The hardest part of my job was a struggle to advance with progressive ideas where Corporate Board Room Politics prevailed.

The opportunity to advance my education and experiences proved to be the most enjoyable.
Pros
benefits: stocks, health and education benefits
Cons
lack of advancement
Great People to work with
Lead Accounts Receivables Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 30, 2014
I enjoy working for the company. I work with great people. I would like to grow in my position and possibly transition into a position with more responsibility.
Pros
great people
Cons
no succession plan for my position
Wonderful Environment
PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 26, 2014
The atmosphere at this job is highly motivating. There are many opportunities for advancement and growth. MSM promotes many opportunities for professional development through classes and also FYI sessions from various departments during lunch time.
I've enjoyed being part a of Team that impacts lives for the better.
Metro Atl Carrera Teen Center Component Leader (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 9, 2014
This current position is because of a 5 year Federal Grant. 2015 this grants ends.

Morehouse School of Medicine Reviews by Location