Moreno Valley Unified School District Employee Reviews

Rewarding yet stressful career
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CANovember 7, 2017
Some days are easier than others depending on the teacher and how well their classroom management is. Easy days consist of organized teachers leaving detailed lesson plans and students being on task. Hard days consist of unorganized teachers not leaving lesson plans and having a mismanaged classroom where the students are not held accountable for their actions so they feel free to do as they wish.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Mismanaged classrooms
Moreno Valley Unified School District
Staff (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJuly 19, 2017
It's been over 25 years since I worked for Moreno Valley Unified School District. It was a good working environment. Had a variety of positions while there and there were chances for advancement.
Benefits
Cons
Not working in summer
fun experience
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJuly 6, 2017
It was a blast being a sub and going to different schools and experiencing that all schools are so welcoming and friendly. It is a great feeling knowing im there and making a change in the kids life.
Pros
friendly staff
Coaching progress
Head Track & Field/Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJune 30, 2017
MVUSD provided me time to mentor and coach student atheletes for 6 years. The Council has given me the support and tools to succeed in the sports I coached.
Pros
Support
Cons
Re-applying for posistion every 4 years.
A fun place to work!
Instructional Assistant SDS (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJune 10, 2017
If you enjoy working with special needs students then this would be the place to work. The staff cares that the students meet their goals and the students are constantly engaged in activities.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
No advancement in position
Advancement Opportunities are Extraordinary
ASSOCIATE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJune 5, 2017
One of the best places to work and one of the higher paying school districts of the inland empire. Great retirement benefits. Downfall are the summer months, very competitive and hard to get summer school positions.
Pros
pay, advancement, retirement benefits
Cons
summer break.
Fun
Subtitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMay 31, 2017
Great company to work for. Fun days. You can easily make your own schedule and work the desired days. All of the holidays are off days, plus the summer and winter vacations.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
not guaranteed work
Great job with great flexibility.
Substitue Teacher (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMay 30, 2017
I found working as a substitute teacher fun and rewarding. MVUSD has a very flexible job assignment system that is accessable by phone and online. It's very easy to review and accept assignments.
Pros
Very flexible.
Cons
No health care benefits.
School district job
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMay 23, 2017
Working for a school district is a very secure position. There are many opportunities of promotion. It is a viable source of income if willing to use the opportunity for growth.
Great job for college students
AVID TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMay 17, 2017
As an AVID tutor, I am able to juggle work and school because of their flexible hours! It's also really nice to work with other college students. The staff is great and there is a lot of support when it comes to working with difficult students. The training is paid!
Pros
Long breaks, great pay, flexible hours, great staff
Too much drama
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAApril 26, 2017
It felt like high school all over again. Everyone has a clique, and they don't easily let new people in. Everyone will act nice to your face, but won't think twice about stabbing each other in the back.
Good job, changing people
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMarch 18, 2017
There are a lot of different changes in environment as I do different classes with different students. The teachers and staff are kind and helpful. There are some difficult students which get annoying but it isn't too bad.
Pros
Good job
Cons
Some students are difficult
Large School District can almost get a job daily as a sub
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJanuary 23, 2017
Some very nice school, some have discipline problems. Good teachers, but admin. seems a bit disconnected from students. They don't always connect with students one-on-one. Seems to be all about the numbers instead of the students. They do have some good reading programs that seem beneficial like Read-180.
Pros
Large School District, can get a job almost daily.
Cons
Large school district, it is hard for a sub to get noticed.
excellent job working for the community
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Coachella Valley, CADecember 29, 2016
Wonderful local job in the inland empire. Warm and inviting environment, yet professional and inviting. Nice working with the public.
Pros
holiday pay
Cons
short bathroom breaks
Great Summer Job
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chico, CANovember 27, 2016
The company is a good place to work if you are looking for a job the fits in the summer months if you have a school schedule. You get to work with children and teach them how to swim.
Pros
summer months, good pay
Cons
high school employers
Watch your back, you may find something stuck in it!
M&o (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CANovember 3, 2016
Too many political agendas for management. Every time management changes at the top, new rules, new directives. Management has favorites that can get away with nearly anything and they do. Rules can change for how you fit in with the crowd. Not a place I would recommend for anyone who wants to keep their sanity or their principles.
Pros
Pay is alright, but substandard to other nearby districts
Cons
Two faced management, if you're not a favorite, you can become a target.
Employer / Employee relationship is excellent
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAOctober 23, 2016
Pay is reasonable
Work instructions are well defined
Do & Don'ts are written
Enjoyable work atmosphere
Schools admin staff support substitutes well
Pricipal keeps in touch with substitues
Class teachers respect subs well
Work in Progress
Clinical Therapist Intern (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CASeptember 17, 2016
Six hour work days (so no benefits), clinical hours don't pile up (light caseload - approx 8-10 plus run 2-3 skills groups per week), so approximately 10-12 face-to-face hours per week. Supervisors are hit and miss. I've been working here for approx 9 months and my first supervisor was a micromanagement nightmare, but my current supervisor is a great teacher and allows me to do my work. You will learn how to understand and create goals for IEPs, create skills group lessons, and we have a wonderful PLAY therapy room.
Pros
Fairly easy caseload
Cons
Low pay, no paid holidays or any other district perks. Supervisors are hit or miss. some great, some awful
my job is very rewarding and fast paced
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAApril 2, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job I spend it with my students
when I see their faces light up with joy when a greet them and give me hugs and tell me they have missed me.

My typical day at work is non-stopping and very
very active keeping up with little ones is not an easy task.

The hardest part of my job is when administrators are not supportive
fun way to get job experience
A.S.T.E.R.I.S.K. Summer Internship Program (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMarch 4, 2016
When doing the internship for Moreno Valley Unified School District I gained a lot more out of it then just money. In my case I got placed at Walgreens located by Perris and Alessandro. The time I spend there I improved my communication skills as well as my listening skills. It also taught me how to manage my time by making me a more punctual person. As time went on I learned how to interact with costumers (costumer service) when they needed help and to show them where it was located. Another thing I learned was how to stock their merchandise by having my in the cosmetics, candy, and pharmacy section to put the merchandise where they belonged.
Over all my experience was great. My co-workers were all every helpful when I asked for assistance and always made sure I understood what had to be done.
The hardest part of this experience would have to be remembering where everything was located at and knowing the names of tools or the supplies we had.
At the end of this internship I would have to say that the most enjoyable part was gaining the work experience by actually getting involved with hand-on-hand training in the real world.
Pros
fun environment