Moreno Valley Unified School District Employee Reviews

Large School District can almost get a job daily as a sub
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJanuary 23, 2017
Some very nice school, some have discipline problems. Good teachers, but admin. seems a bit disconnected from students. They don't always connect with students one-on-one. Seems to be all about the numbers instead of the students. They do have some good reading programs that seem beneficial like Read-180.
Pros
Large School District, can get a job almost daily.
Cons
Large school district, it is hard for a sub to get noticed.
Watch your back, you may find something stuck in it!
M&o (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CANovember 3, 2016
Too many political agendas for management. Every time management changes at the top, new rules, new directives. Management has favorites that can get away with nearly anything and they do. Rules can change for how you fit in with the crowd. Not a place I would recommend for anyone who wants to keep their sanity or their principles.
Pros
Pay is alright, but substandard to other nearby districts
Cons
Two faced management, if you're not a favorite, you can become a target.
Work in Progress
Clinical Therapist Intern (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CASeptember 17, 2016
Six hour work days (so no benefits), clinical hours don't pile up (light caseload - approx 8-10 plus run 2-3 skills groups per week), so approximately 10-12 face-to-face hours per week. Supervisors are hit and miss. I've been working here for approx 9 months and my first supervisor was a micromanagement nightmare, but my current supervisor is a great teacher and allows me to do my work. You will learn how to understand and create goals for IEPs, create skills group lessons, and we have a wonderful PLAY therapy room.
Pros
Fairly easy caseload
Cons
Low pay, no paid holidays or any other district perks. Supervisors are hit or miss. some great, some awful
Great Summer Job
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chico, CANovember 27, 2016
The company is a good place to work if you are looking for a job the fits in the summer months if you have a school schedule. You get to work with children and teach them how to swim.
Pros
summer months, good pay
Cons
high school employers
Employer / Employee relationship is excellent
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAOctober 23, 2016
Pay is reasonable
Work instructions are well defined
Do & Don'ts are written
Enjoyable work atmosphere
Schools admin staff support substitutes well
Pricipal keeps in touch with substitues
Class teachers respect subs well
excellent job working for the community
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Coachella Valley, CADecember 29, 2016
Wonderful local job in the inland empire. Warm and inviting environment, yet professional and inviting. Nice working with the public.
Pros
holiday pay
Cons
short bathroom breaks
my job is very rewarding and fast paced
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAApril 2, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job I spend it with my students
when I see their faces light up with joy when a greet them and give me hugs and tell me they have missed me.

My typical day at work is non-stopping and very
very active keeping up with little ones is not an easy task.

The hardest part of my job is when administrators are not supportive
Fun Job
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Good job. It helped me realize whether or not I wanted to become a teacher or not. I enjoyed working for this company. If I had some other things to do I would definitely go back to this job.
fun way to get job experience
A.S.T.E.R.I.S.K. Summer Internship Program (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMarch 4, 2016
When doing the internship for Moreno Valley Unified School District I gained a lot more out of it then just money. In my case I got placed at Walgreens located by Perris and Alessandro. The time I spend there I improved my communication skills as well as my listening skills. It also taught me how to manage my time by making me a more punctual person. As time went on I learned how to interact with costumers (costumer service) when they needed help and to show them where it was located. Another thing I learned was how to stock their merchandise by having my in the cosmetics, candy, and pharmacy section to put the merchandise where they belonged.
Over all my experience was great. My co-workers were all every helpful when I asked for assistance and always made sure I understood what had to be done.
The hardest part of this experience would have to be remembering where everything was located at and knowing the names of tools or the supplies we had.
At the end of this internship I would have to say that the most enjoyable part was gaining the work experience by actually getting involved with hand-on-hand training in the real world.
Pros
fun environment
MVUSD = Excellance on purpose
Secretary III (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CASeptember 1, 2014
A few years ago our Superintendent decided that our schools caption is Excellance on purpose. I work in the Information Systems department at the District office, changes happen daily in IT. Throughout the years I have learn to have the ability to just roll with the technology changes in a positive way so that are staff stays positive. Due to individuals being adverse to change at times it is crucial to be able to keep a positive attitude, ensuring that they will fill good the changes and not let it affect their ability to continue to teach our students.
The school district continues to improve through experience.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 24, 2014
The day brings different events every day. There are no typical days with 31 students and all they bring to the classroom. There are wonderful days when all students come to class with enthusiasm and the love of learning. But, that doesn't always happen as often as would like..
The hardest part is the interruptions, inconsistent schedules and frequent curriculum changes. The most enjoyable part is the students themselves. They come with the most interesting and enjoyable personalities.
My colleagues are exceptional and very professional and a pleasure to work with each and everyday.
Cons
Lack of supplies
Day and life of a subsititue instructinal aid
Instructional Aide (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMarch 30, 2014
Typical day is going to different class rooms with a student of either special needs or aid. Learned school work and how to work with disabled children. There is really not a chance to move up. Co-workers ... you work by yourself. Hardest part is learning how to work with some of these children who have disabilities. Most enjoyable is working with children who have a disability because they have their own personalities.
Pros
open shedule
Cons
no benefits if your a sub instructional aid
Enjoyed working for Moreno Valley Unified School District
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAOctober 30, 2012
A typical day at work would be to answer phones, greet parents/students that entered the front office. Filing of student records and emergency cards, working on mail distribution.

I really can't think of any hard parts of the job. It was a easy job and I enjoyed working with all of the teachers and the office staff, we all got along well and that was very enjoyable. It is nice and important when everyone can get along with each other.
Pros
having the same time off as my kids, winter break, spring break, summer break
Cons
health benefits, and good people
A sense of fullfillment and a reward in itself
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAApril 18, 2013
A typical day at work consists of assisting teachers and students on class assignments and projects. keeping students on task and assisting with clarifing assignments. I learned that this postion takes lots of patients and varies techniques to keeps students motivated to complete assignments. The hardest part of the job is being able to deal with different attitudes and subjects. the most enjoyable part of my job is helping and seeing students accomplish things that they normally struggle with. seeing the light bulb light up in their heads when they understand a concept that is being taught.
A+
Certificated Substitute (Current Employee) –  All Schools in MVNovember 21, 2013
Work is routine. I learn how people enjoy learning at School. I manage the class in a conclusive setting with 100% participation at all times. Co-Workers are supportive and reachable.
The most difficult part of the job being a substitute teacher is mapping the route to a new location when it's a school I haven't visited for work previously. The most enjoyable part of the job is implementing the attendance and conversing with the students about the salient events of the day.
Pros
Ample Restrooms
Cons
Not being able to follow up on the students completed work.
mvusd experience
Substitute Custodian (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMay 14, 2012
been a custodian is not that bad people seem is the worst job to have but its not its really easy and simple to do and you work alone in your own route one of the things that i love about this job i dont have to worry about anyone else but my on section of the school the co workers are nice and some are jerks that dont do anything hardest part of the job is when the kids are on vacations thats when we do triple the amount of work and have the school ready and clean for the kids when they return i enjoy working nights and by my self no stress from anyone your only allow to work 195 days of the school year which kind of sucks
Pros
all holidays off, all saturday and sunday off
Cons
night time, rainy days, hot days, no pay vacation, no sick days
School district, tough in a tough economy!
bus driver (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CANovember 7, 2012
I think at one time school bus driving was a nice job . It has suffered many set backs due to cuts. However, it does provide an opportunity to interact with many people. Everyday is different and the kids can be challenging. I like to try and be a positive example in their lives and encourage them to be their best.
Pros
its a good mom job because it allows a person time .
Cons
sometimes the kids are difficult and school cuts.
Productive place to work.
Chapter President (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAAugust 5, 2014
Enjoyed working for Moreno Valley Unified School District. Very challenging yet rewarding. Learned something new every day. Co-workers were interesting! The hardest part of the job was making sure everything and everyone was accounted for and treated fairly. The most enjoyable part of the job was when everything came together and benefited all.
Pros
Educational
Cons
Making everybody happy.
A passionate place to work for.
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAAugust 12, 2013
Everyday come to work and assisting in the learning of students. Whether it was reading or making sure they stayed on track or helping by grading and assisting with days activities.
The teachers I worked with were awesome. They appreciatedd the help and were very organized.
Pros
Schedule, advancement in the company, benefits, understanding managers.
Cons
Paarents that would not listen.
Friendly, fun
Substitute Bilingual Categorical Clerk (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMay 15, 2015
I am happy with Moreno Valley Unified, I have met and became friends with lots of lovely and caring people. My only reason of transferring is out is the commuting. I live in Temecula since 2011 and the drive is not fun.
Pros
get lots of time off, holidays...
Cons
pay a high cost on insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moreno Valley Unified School District. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3