Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP

Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP Employer Reviews

Great place to work.
Attorney Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 26, 2013
Quiet work environment. I learned a lot about recruiting. I enjoyed interacting with the attorneys.
Overall good place to work
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 9, 2013
Enjoyed my time working at MorganLewis. Management needs to be looked at with a fresh set of eyes.
Could have been a much better experience
Assistant (Former Employee), San FranciscoJuly 29, 2012
Pros: cash-balance plan, 401k, vacation time, sick time, recently renovated office space, fancy holiday party, prestigious firm
Cons: coworker(s) with extreme behavioral issues, headquarters in philadelphia, small bonuses, no long-term job security
It is a good idea to have an exit strategy in place from the day you arrive. Before the recession, turnover was kind of high, but during the recession, people just quietly disappeared one by one. Sometimes new people would come in to replace them at a lower salary.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with the behavioral problems of my manager(s) – more... and coworker(s). The immature, unprofessional behavior of those in my department was an unbelievable waste of time and energy.
There are a lot of nice people who work for Morgan Lewis, however. Don't let the bad ones ruin it for you. – less
Snow White and the Huntsman Revisted ...
Secretary (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 29, 2012
Pros: gorgeous southern view of the empire state building.
Cons: 'snow white’ is banished to the badlands … oh my!
While I have worked at other larger and more pulchritudinously pleasing firms ... what drew me to this position was the anticipated challenge of working with high-end professionals and having the firm-provided tools to produce excellent work product. While the New York office is a satellite office (tethered to their main office in Philadelphia, PA) – more... working within the procedural perimeters was more bothersome to the Firm’s Attorneys than to its Staff (which may explain the higher 'War-Pay' Staff salaries).

In hindsight the patrolling supervisory staff (coupled with an ever watchful HR staff) were primary concerned more towards self-preservation as opposed working within the job description of their illustrious job titles. My hat goes off to the veteran support staff that preceded my tenure at the Firm. Since my association with the Firm I have become aware of many a support staff person who replaced the amply supplied Listerine (which is openly if not freely supplied in every Rest Room) for purportedly heavy doses of Prozac.

While Morgan Lewis may appear glossy and shiny upon first approach one should have a very well thought out exit plan from the onset. Your 'expiration date' is assuredly set before the position is offered. – less
PROFESSIONA LAW FIRM
Legal Secretary (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 20, 2012
Pros: 4 weeks vacation, holidays, sick days, 401-k, pension, healthcare.
Cons: as mentioned above annoying, incompetent co-workers.
I was employed at above firm for almost 25 years assisting a B&F partner for duration. He was for 2 years Managing Partner of NY office and my duties included liaison between NYO and main office in Phila. I liked this assignment as it gave me opportunity to meet and interact with employees on all levels. I worked for many associates in real estate, – more... bankruptcy, litigation, finance for duration. Hardest part of job was dealing with coworkers and associates who were not in my level, either professionally or intellectually but you find this in almost any workplace. The most enjoyable part of my position was working with nice, competent secretaries and attorneys who would show their appreciation, – less
Separation between attorneys and staff support
Proposal Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 27, 2012
Pros: prestigious firm
Cons: hierarchical system, creativity is not honored
This is a very hierarchical firm. Nothing gets done without the approval of a committee. Staff support work in silos and separate from attorneys. Silos tend to create a clickish environment and management has no idea how staff are treated.
Morgan Lewis Best work place
HR Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 25, 2012
Offer excellent benefits. excellent working enviorment.

About Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP

Morgan Lewis provides comprehensive transactional, litigation, labor and employment, and intellectual property legal services – Read more