Reporting to the Engineering Manager, and working with other members of the Engineering , manufacturing, and quality departments. The product engineer is part of a technical team responsible for the specification, development and manufacture of ceramic injection molded parts through a consultation approach focusing on customer needs, involving one or a set of products. The product engineers interacts with customers to take product from inception through delivery.
- Computer skills, knowledge of, and the ability to work with, Microsoft Office applications
- Injection molding experience, preferred
- Lean Mfg Experience, preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Ability to interact efficiently with, and listen to, customers
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels in the organization
- Ability to make presentations to groups of people and answer technical questions or concerns they may have.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to multitask.
- Self-started, self-motivated, hands-on
- Strong ability to work independently and under pressure, with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with other product and process engineers.
- Team-working spirit, Creativity, Ability and Drive to create extraordinary solutions for customers
- Must have the ability and willingness to succeed in an environment where creativity, commitment, accountability, customer satisfaction, results orientation and continuous improvement are the core values
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Ceramics experience preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing and design of parts for aerospace environments.
- Six Sigma Black Belt, preferred
Indeed - 17 months ago
Morgan Advanced Materials plays a significant role in the world’s transport industries. The group makes precision-engineered materials...