Morgan Corporation Employee Reviews

great place to work
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 7, 2017
management and staff are very knowledgable and helpful work schedule is busy if you want to make some money its a good place to start. weekends are mandatory
Hard work and a good start for people with a criminal background
General Laborer/Production (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PAJune 26, 2017
I personally think it is a great start and a new beginning for people with criminal backgrounds. They help give a fresh start to people who feel they are being rejected. We need more companies like this one. These people have either done there time or are walking g off probation and parole. We need a chance to better ourselves​.
Pros
Free perscription safety glasses
Cons
Alot of mandatory overtime. This could be good and bad
great place
Truck engineer (Former Employee) –  Ehrenberg, AZJune 26, 2017
really good place to work i loved the hours and the over time they offer. its quick to learn and good leadership inside the company. they teach as you go but you can learn fast
productive workplace
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Ehrenberg, AZJune 25, 2017
the culture of the workplace was really good. I learned how to weld chassises and prep the chassises. Management is on top of everything to make sure the job gets done
Have to work fast and safely to get trucks out
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PAJune 21, 2017
Their main goal is to get trucks out. They want you to do a great job as safely as you can be, they provide you with tools and safety gear (that you must wear at all times while inside the building).
Pros
Fair pay
I love everything
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Florida LakelandJune 20, 2017
I loved every minute of it. I wanted to make it my home at a point. I just wish it was closer to my home go for better ride situations. Building truck bodies I love it.
Pros
Cons
Some of the workers don't know how to associate with others
Average
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 16, 2017
* High management turn over
* decentralized organization
* very little communication
* not much room for advancement
* benefits were less than average
Pros
Average
Awful environment to work in.
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PAMay 13, 2017
Not a friendly environment. always changing your work schedule. forget you personal life, you don't have one. The pay is worse than working at a fast food place. Not safe for anyone. Management only cares about profit not you.
Management team does not work together
Finishing Welder (Former Employee) –  Denver, PA 17517May 12, 2017
High turn over of employees due to workplace culture.
Skill Tests for higher wages not given when passed. ( 90 day wait)
Management does not work together.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Don't sleep on Morgan
Talent Acquisition Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, PAApril 24, 2017
Everyone knows about Car-Tech, East Penn/Deka, Penske and Reading Hospital. But there's another large employer headquartered in Berks that is flying under the radar.
Morgan Corporation has come a long way in the past few years. We're over half a billion dollars in annual revenue, and we have 11 manufacturing sites in the US and Canada, with two more on the way.
Under the guidance of a world-class leadership team, we've made significant advances in workplace culture within the past year. We are working to improve every day, and won't rest until we are showing up on everyone's "best places to work" lists.
If you're looking for a place to grow, for a place to be challenged, and for a place to belong, take a look at Morgan Corporation.
Pros
Growth Opportunities, Challenges, Benefits, Holidays/PTO
Steady work
Fabricator/Welder (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PAApril 22, 2017
The management was okay most of the time if they weren"t stressed out. But you really need to watch out for the other workers here. I worked with people who were untrustworthy, some drug addicts, and even one who liked to draw SS Schutzstaffel Bolts everywhere.
Not a bad place to work
Welder/ Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIApril 17, 2017
This corporation is not a bad place to work. It can teach you everyday skills hands on and social. The pay however can be a little higher. everyday life in work is mostly the same, but just like any other company, it does have its problems.
Pros
Work place can be flexibal with your hours and choosing the right shift for you
Cons
It is a hard enviroment to move up in positions from levels 1 through 4
Poor work conditions, poor pay and demanding supervisors
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIApril 6, 2017
I worked here much longer than I should have. Poor pay, management/ Supervisors are very demanding and expect even new employees to perform at a high capacity almost immediately. Management plays favorites with certain people they like or are friends with. No room to advance. Seasonal work for most people, only a core group will stay full time permanently. Expensive healthcare that is not very good.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Pay, healthcare, management
Good environment
Fabricator/Welder (Former Employee) –  Fab shopMarch 21, 2017
Good place to work, co workers are willing to teach and listen. I loved working there and if ever in the area again I would apply to work there again.
Pros
Over time
Cons
Need new equipment
Assembly Line Work
Assembler I (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIMarch 20, 2017
Assembly line work above all else. Most people there are expendable as you will see during the busy times. Many people are hired and then layed off in the same year.
Productive place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, PAFebruary 16, 2017
Team members there are productive and fun. Management on the other hand has no clue what they are doing and they micro manage a lot . Somebody is always rushing
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Slow work speed but quailty at its finest
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJanuary 29, 2017
It a good place to get work experience. Work hours aren't long so you don't get lots of aches and pains. They do want faster work and efficient work.
Productive, clean work company
Roofer/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PAJanuary 25, 2017
The management at Morgan Corporation was excellent. They made sure I was comfortable with what I was doing and also gave me tips to do better at my job. I was also known to do great work with anything I work on. I got two pay raises with in one month due to my work and my attendance. I enjoyed the line I worked on. We all worked as a team and anyone who needed help with anything they were always there to assist you. I learned to use a lot of different power tools, different forklifts, and also cranes. Overall it was a good company. If it was an option, I wouldn't mind going back in the near future.
Like the work but some of the lead people need to learn communication skills with the workers. Some of them are very arrogant and disrespectful.
Side build (Current Employee) –  Plant #1January 15, 2017
Good place to work and many different areas to work in. Overall Morgan is a good job opportunity. Most of the bosses are easy to talk to and understanding of each ones skills and ability for each job.
Pros
Decent pay, holidays off, most weekends off, profit sharing, health, vision and dental coverage.
Cons
Some of the leads are disrespectful, and pick favorites.
Immature leadership.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PAJanuary 7, 2017
Upper management leads using the threat of a verbal assault as a motivational tool. I found this leadership style to be somewhat childish and immature. (Give me what I want or I will throw a temper tantrum.) Inevitably this creates discord in communication and breaks down any type of team work

Doing what you can to stay off the radar is probably the best course of action.

Because of this leadership style process improvement suggestions were only discussed between equals in the hierarchy if they were discussed at all. The lack of a vertically integrated continuous improvement program made it difficult for me to become engaged in the work and goals of the organization.

In my opinion the best the Morgantown facility has to offer is a job to hold while you look for another job.
Pros
Pay is slightly above average.
Cons
Chaotic, disorganized.

Comment – January 8, 2017

Working conditions leave much to be desired. Bitterly cold in the winter, brutally hot in the summer. Bathroom facilities and break room do not meet the barest of needs for the amount of people with in the building. Taking care of customers begins with taking care of employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8