Morgan Corporation Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Ephrata, PASeptember 7, 2016
By far the best job I've ever had in my life, the day went by quick great co-workers, great team work. Rewarding feeling of accomplishment when work was done! I miss it.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Wages
Build truck bodies to order.
Spray Painter (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIAugust 17, 2016
I painted under truck bodies. the work was dirty and hard.I had to stoop. Climb ladders, sand and clean welds that where attached lifts and end plates. You are constantly pushed to work faster.
Pros
Did offer catered lunches often. Donuts on Saturday.
Cons
9 hour work days plus alot og saturdays.
Workplace is terrible
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, PAJuly 27, 2016
I have never seen anything like this. Supervisors are 2nd rate, Lead people are worst yet (don't know how to teach or give instructions), good onboarding process, after that it goes all down hill. No floor instruction, safety goes down hill (they honestly don't care, put on a good show). Pay is poor, hours are long, environment is un-human, facilities are filthy, security worthless. How do I get in touch with an organizer. Encounters with VP of Safety and the VP of HR were jokes, where do they get these people, they lack communication skills, they do not know how to interact with the hourly people, think they are above everyone else. No HR presence in the facility or in the shop, no one to go to that will listen about issues. Have let go too many people that cared about the employees. Supervisor even says that these people Suck. Corp office let the ship sink last year and has know put a floaties on the ship. Once again how do we get organized. Guess I will soon have to contact some locals to start soliciting for organizing.
Pros
Cons
Pay, environment, management
Sad work place
Paint Prepper (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PAJuly 7, 2016
I was humiliated and harassed by the way I dressed and my religion at the Morgantown plant. I drove a brand new sports car, and I would typically take a shower after work in their showers since I worked in the Paint and Prep plant, and I would dress in a suit after work and was laughed at and insulted several times. I was raised with respect and honor, and I had to leave this place for that reason. Worse place I ever worked at.
Cons
Short Breaks, No Cafeteria for the plant I worked in.
Morgantown, PA
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PAApril 25, 2016
Worst ran company that I have ever been part of or witnessed. Slave or slave master, can't believe that a union has gotten into this facility, no structure.. Corporate safety has no real concern for employees well being, will not correct issues, satisfied with high amount of injuries, cannot be believe that OSHA has not paid this facility a visit, it would be shut down. No quality or work standards for employees to work from or to be trained by.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no respect, no concern for employees
Dishonest Mangagement- No room to advance
Welder (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIApril 12, 2016
Management is unprofessional and dishonest about pay grades and their attainability. They hold no accountability for their own actions and will often blame employees for issues employees can't fix. There are a lot of good coworkers, which makes the days go by faster. Not the highest paying job, but if you like to just go to work and come home with no desire to move up, this is the place for you.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Horrible benefits, dishonest management
Industry Leading - Pride in work
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIMarch 21, 2016
While working for Morgan Corporation the last 3 years I have learned many skills that could be transferred to other companies or applied here at Morgan for internal advancement. For some odd reason the turnover rate is high so there are always openings for Group Leaders and Supervisors. Morgan has taught me something called 5S and if you have never heard of it you need to. It is basically a system where everything you need to do you job is always right where you need sometimes even within arms reach. It is pretty cool and I use it in my personal life like in my kitchen and bathroom.
Pros
Management seems invested in you
Cons
Sometimes kind of boring doing repetative jobs
fun productive day
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PAMarch 14, 2016
the day always went smoove here everyone got along well you know you always have the select few who didn't but on an average fun an productive place wen busy
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Not the best place in the least.
Lead Painter /Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, PADecember 12, 2015
Morgan gave an annual 2% raise but then a week later raised their insurance by 3%! The plant managers and supervisors are never trained to know all aspects of the positions they are in charge of.
Pros
overtime is plentiful
Cons
no advancement and poor management.
Great learning experience everyday, productive and fun co-workers
articulated dump truck driver (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCOctober 26, 2015
Safety was always first, had a meeting every morning before starting. Learned how to operate different types of machinery. Co-workers were very supportive and fun. Most enjoyable part of day was operating the dump truck and eating lunch with co-workers.
Pros
Operated different types of machinery, supportive management, safety came first.
Cons
weather determined if working each day.
absolutely miserable
Welder (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PAOctober 17, 2015
hired based on 5- 8 hour day with possible or occasional overtime. in reality it was constant 10-12 hour days mandatory saturdays 8-10 hours 6-7 days a week. stone age pay and benefits. slave driving management that could not care less about their employees.
Pros
leaving
Cons
everything about this place
very claen for a welding factory.
CSX (welder) (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYOctober 13, 2015
My job was to weld and build train liquid cars. Our to repair used train cares that were damanged our out of date. I also had to use a plasma cutter and or a cutting tourch.
Pros
good woork enviroment.
Good company and good people
Production Supervisor, Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Corsicana, TXOctober 12, 2015
I enjoy working here. It is a good company and you learn a lot on the job. New people come in and can build a career here. Having a good working enviroment is needed and you get it here.
great work environment
Welder (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIOctober 5, 2015
On a day to day basis we would weld the rear lift-gates & Bumpers onto box trucks. we also did minor electrical work on the rear lighting as well as the power source for the lift-gates.
Review of Morgan Corporation
Foamer (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PAAugust 4, 2015
I learned how to build a truck from the ground up, which was hard work but it was interesting work. Some the management were more into standing around and barking orders instead of helping get the work done. The most enjoyable part of the job is when all of the guys pulled together to get a truck finished.
Decently productive, but very tiresome.
Cycle Counter (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PAMay 21, 2015
Six day work week (ten hours Monday-Friday, Five to eight on a Saturday).
I spent a lot of my time looking for, and counting parts. A lot of walking, as it was fairly large compound. I spent more time away from my desk than I did in front of it.
Morgan Corporation helped introduce me to the manufacturing world. I learned a lot about manufacturing and assembly processes.
Teamwork was rare, unless one worked in the assembly or fabrication plants. Most of my coworkers preferred to be left to their own devices.
The hardest part of the job were the long hours.
Pros
Good healthcare benefits
Cons
Long hours, high turnover rate, low wages
It is ok
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PAApril 28, 2015
Not a bad place to work for if you do not have a demanding home/family life.
All thou I would really not recommend the entry level pay rate.
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Ehrenberg, AZFebruary 12, 2015
Drove a forklift to unload and load freight trucks cleaned out warhouse when needed, stock assembly floor with needed materials
Dead-end job.
Welder (finish) (Former Employee) –  Rydal, GaDecember 16, 2014
Worked in the finish department as a welder. Very physically demanding job especially to work 12 hours a day 6 days a week. The days were, I'd go in Sunday at 6 pm and my week would end on Saturday morning around 6am. This made for very little time off. Training consists of one week with an experienced finisher then it's a "figure it out on your own" basis. Getting trucks turned is Morgan's only concern. Family time and time off is of no concern to them nor is safety hazards due to fatigue. Morgan has a very high turn over rate in the Rydal. Morgan will hire anybody off the street regardless of background or drug of choice. They're drug testing policy is very lax to say the least so this may appeal to some. Due to the inconsistency of hours (way too many or not even 20), demographic of employees and general work environment, I hated this job. If you are a convicted violent felon or have a drug problem that prevents you from getting a job anywhere else, this is the place for you. If you are a family man with a clean record and not a habitual drug user, I wouldn't recommend this job. Look elsewhere...
Pros
overtime
Cons
pay, way too many hours, training, tools, people, drug testing policy
Morgan
Materials Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Corsicana, TXDecember 1, 2014
Great job for stepping out of the Military. Management lets you run your department.
Pros
great management team
Cons
corsicana, tx

2.7