Morgan Corporation

Morgan Corporation Employee Reviews

It is ok
Supervisor (Former Employee), Morgantown, PAApril 28, 2015
Not a bad place to work for if you do not have a demanding home/family life.
All thou I would really not recommend the entry level pay rate.
Inventory Manager (Former Employee), Ehrenberg, AZFebruary 12, 2015
Drove a forklift to unload and load freight trucks cleaned out warhouse when needed, stock assembly floor with needed materials
Dead-end job.
Welder (finish) (Former Employee), Rydal, GaDecember 16, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: pay, way too many hours, training, tools, people, drug testing policy
Worked in the finish department as a welder. Very physically demanding job especially to work 12 hours a day 6 days a week. The days were, I'd go in Sunday at 6 pm and my week would end on Saturday morning around 6am. This made for very little time off. Training consists of one week with an experienced finisher then it's a "figure it out on your own" basis. Getting trucks turned is Morgan's only concern. Family time and time off is of no concern to them nor is safety hazards due to fatigue. Morgan has a very high turn over rate in the Rydal. Morgan will hire anybody off the street regardless of background or drug of choice. They're drug testing policy is very lax to say the least so this may appeal to some. Due to the inconsistency of hours (way too many or not even 20), demographic of employees and general work environment, I hated this job. If you are a convicted violent felon or have a drug problem that prevents you from getting a job anywhere else, this is the place for you. If you are a family man with a clean record and not a habitual drug user, I wouldn't recommend this job. Look elsewhere...
Morgan
Materials Supervisor (Current Employee), Corsicana, TXDecember 1, 2014
Pros: great management team
Cons: corsicana, tx
Great job for stepping out of the Military. Management lets you run your department.
Factory
Truck body assembler (Former Employee), Janesville, WISeptember 19, 2014
Good place to work. To me it was a little boring, you go in do your job and go home. No room for advancement turn over rate was high do to hiring a lot of people for short term then laying them off.
reptition work
Assembly/Quality Inspection (Former Employee), Janesville, WIAugust 27, 2014
Pros: benefits if full time overtime also
Cons: seasonal work
had to build truck bodies as well as assemble and foam the inside of finished truck bodies. had to final inspect and put together as well as tighten done any bolts for finished product. Water test finished trucks for leaks . Read blueprints to know how to build truck bodies and inspect finished trucks. Used power tools and tape measurer daily. Assembly each and every day was required in most jobs in the building. Management was very helpful and willing to teach you. ?Hardest part was the heat and hours then being backed up and cant work till the stations in front move first.
Fun Work
Forklift operator/ Welder/Lead man (Former Employee), Riverside CAAugust 22, 2014
I,like the people I worked with but it didn't seem like there was much room for advancement.
PRODUCTIVE FAST PACE
TRUCK BODY ASSEMBLER (Former Employee), Morgantown, PAJuly 23, 2014
CO WORKERS FINE LEARNED HOW TO USER POWER TOOLS AND READ WORK ORDERS
nice place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Morgantown, PAJuly 23, 2014
nice place to work. i learned a lot about the production of truck bodies.
Typical
Hired on through Staff on Site (Former Employee), Janesville, WIJuly 21, 2014
Typical......................................................................
productive workplace too many layoffs
Assembler (Former Employee), Janesville, WIJune 13, 2014
Morgan corporation was a valuable lesson for me in the idea of job security. I enjoyed my time while here, however the nature of this work was seasonal and often led to layoffs
Ok. Place to work
Sidewall Assembler (Current Employee), Janesville, WIJune 8, 2014
Pros: good work to life balance
Cons: low pay for the work
Morgan is an alright place to work. The only thing that is a concern is the job stability.
Fast paced work environment
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Morgantown, PAMay 22, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: no union
Waiting for shipments to arrive and unload truck with forklift as they come in. Also select appropriate parts to assist in completing customer orders.

I have learned the value of team work. Without that it is hard to achieve necessary goals and deadlines.

The most enjoyable part of the job, is the relationship I have with my co-workers.
Same mistakes over and over
Production Associate (Former Employee), Morgantown, PAMarch 23, 2014
Pros: experienced talent is filled with great people to work with
Cons: high turnover in both hourly and salary - high accident rate - no accountability upwards
Experienced talent at the core are some of the best people you will find. Unfortunately there is such a disconnect at the upper management level that the same mistakes are made year after year. Easy to dictate decisions when your not the one who has to deal with the mess. If you like to have your work dictated to you 6 days a week and made to feel you still fail and come up short - then this is the place for you. Too bad as this company could be so much better if they truly valued their employees and listened to what needs to be corrected and held themselves accountable.
Naming and Organizing legal documents for our 11 mfg plants in the US
Records Administrator (Current Employee), Morgantown, PAMarch 14, 2014
I've been with this company nearly 20 years. Work with a great supportive group and a good boss.
I am currently looking for a part time position evenings and weekends.
Enjoyable place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Janesville, WIMarch 4, 2014
Pros: employee friendly
Cons: health care
Management and line workers worked well together.
Everyday different responsibilities.
Hard to please management
Estimator/Account Manager (Former Employee), Denver, ColoradoDecember 11, 2013
Pros: co-workers and support staff at other locations
Cons: lack of management/knowledge of the local market
Thought it would be interesting to work in the trucking business, came from the auto industry. I could not wait to get back into the auto industry. This company has zero managerial support for the service division. It's all about making numbers that cannot be reached. The local management left after 1+ years. Upper management will not responsibility and put full blame to the local staff for the short comings. This is not a good place to work, I would not recomend.
good hours
Assembly technician (Former Employee), Rydal, GANovember 19, 2013
it was a decent place to work when i was there but management could be a little better with there employees
Unprofessional, Stressful environment.
Estimator (Current Employee), Denver, COOctober 27, 2013
Pros: company credit card for taking clients to lunch. company work truck.
Cons: unprofessional co-workers. lack of "can do" attitudes all around.
When I first started working for Morgan, I was really excited. They promised me so much, but have received so little.
First and foremost, there are several different Morgan companies around the US, but none work together. Getting support from corporate was like pulling teeth, and it has affected my work environment greatly. This company is very unprofessional, and it shows in every review of the company online. I do my best to provide customer support in all areas, but the lack of teamwork has left me very unmotivated to stay with the company in the future.
Chaotic
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee), Morgantown, PASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: poor managment of available resourses by upper managment
The day I started at Morgan was also my direct supervisors first day. The out going supervisor had 1 week to train us both. Of those 5 days I received roughly 1.5 days of training.

I was thrust into my position and was mainly self taught. As time went on (2-3 months) I became very good at my job.

However, the down side to my experience at Morgan is that because I take ownership of my area of responsibility I am viewed as the person who can handle more and more. This has put me in a position that adversely effects my ability to perform my primary job functions at a high level.

About Morgan Corporation

Lookin' to jazz up your chassis? J.B. Poindexter (JBPCO) manufactures commercial truck and step-van bodies and installs them on – Read more

Morgan Corporation Salaries