Morgan Memorial Goodwill Industries

Morgan Memorial Goodwill Industries Employer Reviews

A busy productive day
Sales Associate Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 21, 2015
We had to do inventory on all donations and organize clothing. I also had hang them on racks and bring them to the floor. I had to interact with customers answering questions comments and concerns. I enjoyed serving others. The hardest part was dealing with a customer that wasn't happy about the pricing.
Hard work with no recognition
Office Employee (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: no recognition, poor pay, antiquated raise structure
Worked in the main offices for quite a few years. The upper management ruled by intimidation; with an always over-riding fear and threat of losing your job. Saw too many co-workers walked out of the building by security. As soon as you disagreed your neck went onto the chopping block.
my perpective
Maintenance Crewman (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: loved the experience
Cons: wages
Harvard Side was a nice enviroment met a lot of new people.
The customer service was great,
A productive, fast paced and fun work environment.
Production Associate (Former Employee), Roxbury, MAFebruary 10, 2014
Working at Morgan Memorial Goodwill was fun and fast paced. Its a place where there's never not anything to do.. My co- workers also made it fun. They were very friendly and helpful.. It wouldn't say there was anything hard about working at Goodwill.. Its really repetitive. Once i got going, i was ok. And if i needed help, my co-workers were there to assist me with anything. the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know my co-workers. Very fun place.
There was no room for Advacement in my job for me.
Sale associate (Former Employee), Attleboro, MASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: i didnt have to work saturday and also fit my childrens school and daycare times.
Cons: (benifit's) flexable spending account, if u didnt use it u loose it.
I worked for goodwill for 3 years. I seen more then one manger. I don't feel that retail was best for me. I was tired of little pay and not moving up. I worked so hard and it didn't help me move up in to team management. I know I worked hard and also the customers seen it to, after I left customers were still asking about me.
productive place,peaceful where I can meet people from all walks of life
ADC attendant (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 29, 2013
Pros: meeting people, peaceful enviroment
Cons: no air conditioning on the hot days
Accept donations throughout the day, meet and greet donors, educate them on the donations that are accepted.
Sometimes i deal with irate donors but remain calm and explain to them why we don't accept certain donations.
Very helpful resourse
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 10, 2013
Everyone played a role in some sort of job placement for me and this happen to be one of the jobs Goodwill inc. Helpecd me get after I completed my first- step program for single mothers. They helped me a lot, and still are.