Morgan Memorial Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews in United States

I love the job and the people i was working with. I just didnt like the hours because it wasn't enough hours to go around.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  1010 Harrison aveMay 24, 2016
I would start my mornings by putting my items in the locker and then I would clock in for the day. I would go to the register and count the amount of money inside and the post myself in. I would kill time by cleaning my area until a customer comes to my register.
Very Good
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 15, 2016
I started working there in 2010 & after that, I left the company in 2016 because of the job changed, so I didn't feel like working there anymore.
Developmental Specialist
Developmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAMay 10, 2016
I worked for this company very briefly. I found out they were not adhering to MassHealth guidelines and regulations. When I brought the matter to the attention of the Program Manager she was rude and dismissive. I told her that I did not believe this role would be a good fit for me. I was left alone in a room with 23 adults with developmental disabilities, seizure disorders, and mental health issues. According to MassHealth which provides them with funding, the ratio should have been 2 developmental specialists to 14 adults. I was approached by the Program Director, Program Manager, and a person from human resources and forced to resign. I later reported them to several state agencies for failing to comply with MassHealth guidelines. I had a bad experience with this company and which they worked harder to keep me as an employee. I have never worked under such awful conditions in my life. I hope this post is helpful to those seeking employment as a developmental specialist.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
30 minute breaks
Great
Developmental Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 30, 2016
Great. I really enjoyed the training program. The instructors were very nice and informative. They genuinely care about your professional goals and push towards helping you fulfill them. They also help you find jobs.
Wonderful company to work for
Job Development Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 18, 2015
I assisted the Director with gathering classes together and prepping materials to be used in class. Through this internship I was given the opportunity to brush up on my public speaking skills and teach some classes.
Both the director and her assistant are my mentors and allotted me much responsibility and freedom for decision making.
The most difficult part of the job was not having enough time to complete new projects (I was less than part time and my hours were very limited due to a very tight budget)
I continue to use the staff as a resource and am available to continue my volunteer work there!
Wonderful company to work for, I absolutley enjoyed the exposure and education I received while working and studying there!
INTERNSHIP/VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 12, 2015
Pros
Excellent learning environment
Cons
No full-time employment at the time
Not a good company to work for.
Retail Store Manager II (Current Employee) –  Hyannis, MAOctober 11, 2015
No longer in business. Owner was not present or interested the majority of the time. No room for advancement at all. Lack of direction from owner but customers were pleasant.
Pros
Customers were nice.
Cons
Lack of interest from owner.
Fun work environment - casual atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 24, 2015
Typical day at Morgan Memorial/Good Will was very busy which made for a quick day! Sorting through donations, merchandising on the floor, assisting customers, cashier, offloading trucks. We enjoyed a fun, casual atmosphere which making sure we all worked together to get the job done. I love assisting customers! Unfortunately, I relocated back to San Antonio, TX or I would not have left that job!
Pros
fun, casual atmosphere
A busy productive day
Sales Associate Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 21, 2015
We had to do inventory on all donations and organize clothing. I also had hang them on racks and bring them to the floor. I had to interact with customers answering questions comments and concerns. I enjoyed serving others. The hardest part was dealing with a customer that wasn't happy about the pricing.
Hard work with no recognition
Office Employee (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 10, 2014
Worked in the main offices for quite a few years. The upper management ruled by intimidation; with an always over-riding fear and threat of losing your job. Saw too many co-workers walked out of the building by security. As soon as you disagreed your neck went onto the chopping block.
Pros
free parking
Cons
no recognition, poor pay, antiquated raise structure
my perpective
Maintenance Crewman (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 5, 2014
Harvard Side was a nice enviroment met a lot of new people.
The customer service was great,
Pros
loved the experience
Cons
wages
There was no room for Advacement in my job for me.
Sale associate (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MASeptember 11, 2013
I worked for goodwill for 3 years. I seen more then one manger. I don't feel that retail was best for me. I was tired of little pay and not moving up. I worked so hard and it didn't help me move up in to team management. I know I worked hard and also the customers seen it to, after I left customers were still asking about me.
Pros
i didnt have to work saturday and also fit my childrens school and daycare times.
Cons
(benifit's) flexable spending account, if u didnt use it u loose it.
productive place,peaceful where I can meet people from all walks of life
ADC attendant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 29, 2013
Accept donations throughout the day, meet and greet donors, educate them on the donations that are accepted.
Sometimes i deal with irate donors but remain calm and explain to them why we don't accept certain donations.
Pros
meeting people, peaceful enviroment
Cons
no air conditioning on the hot days
Very helpful resourse
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 10, 2013
Everyone played a role in some sort of job placement for me and this happen to be one of the jobs Goodwill inc. Helpecd me get after I completed my first- step program for single mothers. They helped me a lot, and still are.