Morgan Properties Employee Reviews

Overworked and underpaid
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Water Valley, MSJanuary 28, 2018
Too much work for 8.00 an hour. Outside work building and repairing homes.lots of hands-on operation. Framing, plumbing, painting, flooring, cleanup, electrical hookup
Pros
Free lunch and occasional bonuses
Cons
Underpaid employees
Awesome job
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJanuary 26, 2018
Some of the properties they are buying are old... But they are doing the best they can and upgrading everything .. Cool company.. They take care of u as an employee...
Assistant Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Collinswood, NjJanuary 18, 2018
Responsible for getting moved out apartments ready. Inspection of every turned apartment, make a punch list, make work orders. Delegation of maintenance task. Report to senior property manager. Order materials. Emergency response.
Pros
Steady employment
Cons
No monthly bonuses
hardwork
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCDecember 6, 2017
Very fast paced and at times stressful. Most days were spent completing work orders and organizing vendors to complete work on apartments. Maintained the grounds,
Pros
pay
Cons
Long days
great job
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 6, 2017
Great job for aspiring leasing consultants but not for experienced salesman. Very slow paced but very easy to catch on and become familiar with the industry.
Overall Good company to work for
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 4, 2017
a lot of chances for advancement, began as technician and advanced to the position of Supervisor in charge of 4 separate properties within a matter of a couple years.
Decent but confusing poor communicator while working
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJDecember 3, 2017
Management has an amazing Facade filled with pretense. You are welcomed in with much casteism by the maintenance crew members. You'll get a good leer.
Pros
Diverse environment
Cons
Lots
Quiet independent working environment
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NJNovember 16, 2017
I enjoyed working at the company although it cold be stressful at times. Compensated well when you would leased apartments, Co-workers were pleasant to work with
Pros
Independent working
Cons
Getting stuck late if someone were to come in to see an apartment
It's was like working a family business
Head Porter/Assistant Turn Technician (Former Employee) –  Reisterstown, MDNovember 3, 2017
A typical day was completing the work order the residents requested on a daily bases, like a leaking faucet, air condition problems, plumbing, carpentry, grounds and snow removal when necessary. I learned to do the job right the first time and following the directions of my Regional Maintenance Supervisor. This taught me to be very detailed which helped me to produce a good quality Turn to make the apartment satisfying to our future residents. This was very rewarding to me. The staff was very friendly. It was like working a family business. We all helped each other complete tasks and special projects when needed. We were a Team.The hardest part of my job was disappointing the residents when supplies didn't come in as scheduled and the move in had to be delayed. The company benefits such as paid vacations and retirement benefits were a major deal breaker for my family. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing and hearing how pleased the resident are with the quality of service the company and I provided. I often attended company gatherings and webinars to learn more about the industry. The staff members all worked very well together for the common goal which to make the residents and future residents happy with their new home.
Good Company
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westerlee, MDOctober 31, 2017
Morgan Properties is a good company to work for. Their properties are well maintained and they invest in their employees. I would recommend Morgan properties to others who are seeking employment.
Challenging and fun
Assistant Property Manager/Acting Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Absecon, NJOctober 28, 2017
Wonderful people to work with across the corporate structure. Skills constantly upgraded through the implementation of latest financial, legal and marketing trends. Dynamic environment posing daily multi-faceted challenges.
Pros
As listed in the reviews.
Cons
limited advancement opportunities due to geographic make up.
Morgan Properties
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDOctober 26, 2017
I would love to tell you all that my time with Morgan Properties was pleasant, but I can't. I did have the pleasure of working for a fantastic Property Manager before he was promoted; he saw my strength's and weakness' and helped me grow. Unfortunately, the office politics were too much for me.
Great commission, great experience.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Flanders, NJOctober 23, 2017
Morgan Properties provided great compensation and great training. At the time that I was working, Morgan was going through a buyout transition so it wouldn't be completely fair for me to rate their management staff. Other than that, I loved working there. The commission was great, training was awesome, and working as a leasing consultant was fun as interacting with clients was always fun.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Unstable management
Fair company to work for.
Maintenance Technician III (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 13, 2017
Benefits wasn't what i was looking for and company didn't show appreciation until i submitted my resignation, than i was offered a supervisor position. I Respectfully declined.
Pros
Job Security
as an accountant really bad
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 24, 2017
No one was happy there. The manager was horrible to work for and I felt like no one cared. Every year the employees received less from upper management.
great
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 22, 2017
many wonderful people great place to work lots of overtime little organization. many people end up staying for many years. lots of room for advancement
workplace culture
LEASING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Windsor Mill, MDSeptember 11, 2017
Worked well with maintenance to make sure all work was being done. Also worked well with immediate staff to ensure that residents and prospective residents were well taken care of.
Very fast paced but enjoyable
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 29, 2017
There were always deadlines to meet in my particular job, so while it was fast paced it also left you with a feeling of accomplishment. I would have stayed longer if the commute was not so long.

I know the company has grown a lot over the years, I can only wish Morgan Properties success and a thank you for believing I could do the job assigned to me!
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJAugust 9, 2017
Working at Morgan Properties was a real good work experience , I learned a lot of different approaches on tackling technical work orders. Working with the Technician at the Morgan/Vineland Village Properties is awesome!
Pros
Good learning experionce
Cons
Small property
Not where u want to be
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDJuly 22, 2017
I personally don't like this company. they like to cut corners and do things halfway done. That's not my personality. They put a lot of pressure on the workers. when you are on call 90% of the emergency calls you receive are not emergencies, but you have to do them anyways if not they will wright you up.