Morgan Stanley Wealth Management

Morgan Stanley Wealth Management Employer Reviews

Fast- paced, demanding high technology environment
Client Service Associate (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 9, 2014
Responsibilities required extensive interpersonal and organizational skills while working with a number of client relationship managers in a fast-paced, client-service oriented professional environment in a highly competitive financial services organization.

My co-workers and management team were very professional but caring and I enjoyed working with – more... them very much. – less
Supportive work culture with opportunities for advancement
Client Service Associate (Current Employee), Beverly Hills, CAMay 28, 2014
Pros: work/life balance, growth opportunites
Cons: management can be hit or miss, hard to earn more money
Great work/life balance, very supportive environment, some issues with management (they can make life very hard for support staff by not communicating correctly and/or lacking knowledge within their roles).
Great Opportunity
Financial Advisor & Partner (Current Employee), Providence, RIMay 10, 2014
Great position with an entrepreneurial vibe.

•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Laid back and fun
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAMay 6, 2014
Great company to work for with great reputation. Learned a lot about investment management.
interns are assigned are very applicable
Financial Industry Modeling Associate (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 5, 2014
The projects that interns are assigned are very applicable to what you would be doing as a full time employee. The skills and knowledge I acquired in school were refined at Morgan Stanley. I became very well versed in analyzing data and conducting market research.
Fun and great life balance
Intern (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 5, 2014
Cons: no guarantee advancement
-People are very willing to help out.
-Managements are easy the approach.
-I definitely learned a lot
It requires hard work to establish a decent asset base.
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee), Manhasset, NYApril 9, 2014
In 2008, it was a different environment that what I imagine it to be today. It was a wealth management office that was growing its business. I met with a lot of prospective clients and saw some of the challenges of being a financial advisor.
Incredible options
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 5, 2014
Provides best in class open architecture platform in which to build a wealth management practice.
Very Competitive and Challenging Workplace
Financial Advisor Associate (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: unlimited income, free lunches, flexible schedule
Cons: not enough time to build business
Acquired Series 7, Series 66, and Virginia Life, Health, and Annuity License
• Gather and strategically invest client assets based on risk tolerances and individual needs
• Assist clients in reaching their financial goals, protecting their assets, and creating lifetime income
• Specialize in educating individuals by demonstrating complex ideas and situations – more... and presenting them in a clear and compelling manner
• Utilize product knowledge to analyze fund managers, stocks, and bonds to provide clients with the best solutions possible – less
Fun place to work
Intern (Former Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 17, 2013
Pros: work environment
Cons: rude people while cold calling
Was just an intern at the Hamilton Retirement Planning Group at Morgan Stanley but they made me feel as if I was a member of the team and had been working there for many years.
Great firm
SVP (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 12, 2013
Pros: terrific personnel
Cons: not in nyc
MS WM is a great place with huge resources. The downside is that most of the back office and HQ gigs are NOT in NYC.
Great workplace with great people
Wealth Advisory Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 4, 2013
Pros: great enviroment
I have learned a lot from working with MS in just a few months. Everyone in the office is friendly and very helpful.
Productive work environment
Intern-Wealth Manager (Former Employee), Paramus, NJOctober 28, 2013
Pros: free lunches 2-3 times a day, you work around your schedule
Cons: independence, no sense of a lively culture
Productive work environment, yet culture is very independent. Everyone tends to work alone and stay to themselves. On the other hand, whenever there was a birthday most of the employees would come and celebrate. All in all, there were a bunch of great people that worked there, but you seem to be on your own.
Good company
Registered Client Service Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 18, 2013
The team i work with has been in the business for many year and i get the opportunity to learn from each person different aspects of the business.
A positive learning environment
Financial Planning Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 21, 2013
I have been able to develop my knowledge of the financial services industry while at Morgan Stanley. They service an array of clients and various needs, so each day brings its own challenges and rewards. The managers encourage growth by reimbursing for securities licenses and maintenance as well as professional designations (CFP, CFA, CIMA, etc.). Its – more... a positive working environment, where you can establish many close relationships with your co-workers and leverage those relationships when necessary. – less
It was very hard time because of 24/7 conversion, but I was happy there.
member of the conversion team and participated (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 10, 2013
First of all I was checking the new e-mails, participated with the users on conference calls, working on current projects.
I learned some new functionality of new system - Mutual Funds at Morgan Stanley.
I was lucky to work with highly professional team of co-workers and management.
The hardest part of the jos was that it was not only the new system – more... for me, but it was supporting of the old system, and
conversion processing during weekends, so we were working very hard 24/7.
The joy was that I still was working with my team I knew for many years since we started together at Salomon Smith Barney. – less
Very relaxed atmosphere with great job security.
Advisor-Middle Office Consulting Group (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEJune 26, 2013
Pros: my coworkers and management are always entertaining making days go along nicely
Cons: there is a very little mobility, dealings of upper management are very shady and make rash decisions based on limited information
The culture at MS middle office is pretty laid back. We work long hours but a friendly environment. Management leads the culture, so for different departments the culture may be different. My coworkers are great, there are some very talented people and we all got along very well.
great company
Financial advisor (Former Employee), Paramus, NJJune 26, 2013
great company. Company has turned it self around. stopped with cost cutting. good environment to work at
Passionate to take new challenges
Global Advisory Operations - Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 6, 2013
A typical day at work could be related different projects I work on. All my responsibilities include communicating and interacting with senior management including Executive Director & Managing Director. I learned about managing different projects, improved communication skills, interpersonal skills and multitasking.
bottom line grubbers
Data & Office Operations Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 20, 2013
Does not appreciate it's employees and views everyone as an expense. Takes measures to cut vital employees in order to show quarterly profits, then hires cheaper replacements the following quarter.