Morgan Stanley Wealth Management

Morgan Stanley Wealth Management Employer Reviews

Incredible options
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 5, 2014
Provides best in class open architecture platform in which to build a wealth management practice.
Very Competitive and Challenging Workplace
Financial Advisor Associate (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: unlimited income, free lunches, flexible schedule
Cons: not enough time to build business
Acquired Series 7, Series 66, and Virginia Life, Health, and Annuity License
• Gather and strategically invest client assets based on risk tolerances and individual needs
• Assist clients in reaching their financial goals, protecting their assets, and creating lifetime income
• Specialize in educating individuals by demonstrating complex ideas and situations – more... and presenting them in a clear and compelling manner
• Utilize product knowledge to analyze fund managers, stocks, and bonds to provide clients with the best solutions possible – less
Fun place to work
Intern (Former Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 17, 2013
Pros: work environment
Cons: rude people while cold calling
Was just an intern at the Hamilton Retirement Planning Group at Morgan Stanley but they made me feel as if I was a member of the team and had been working there for many years.
Great firm
SVP (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 12, 2013
Pros: terrific personnel
Cons: not in nyc
MS WM is a great place with huge resources. The downside is that most of the back office and HQ gigs are NOT in NYC.
Great workplace with great people
Wealth Advisory Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 4, 2013
Pros: great enviroment
I have learned a lot from working with MS in just a few months. Everyone in the office is friendly and very helpful.
Productive work environment
Intern-Wealth Manager (Former Employee), Paramus, NJOctober 28, 2013
Pros: free lunches 2-3 times a day, you work around your schedule
Cons: independence, no sense of a lively culture
Productive work environment, yet culture is very independent. Everyone tends to work alone and stay to themselves. On the other hand, whenever there was a birthday most of the employees would come and celebrate. All in all, there were a bunch of great people that worked there, but you seem to be on your own.
Good company
Registered Client Service Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 18, 2013
The team i work with has been in the business for many year and i get the opportunity to learn from each person different aspects of the business.
A positive learning environment
Financial Planning Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 21, 2013
I have been able to develop my knowledge of the financial services industry while at Morgan Stanley. They service an array of clients and various needs, so each day brings its own challenges and rewards. The managers encourage growth by reimbursing for securities licenses and maintenance as well as professional designations (CFP, CFA, CIMA, etc.). Its – more... a positive working environment, where you can establish many close relationships with your co-workers and leverage those relationships when necessary. – less
It was very hard time because of 24/7 conversion, but I was happy there.
member of the conversion team and participated (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 10, 2013
First of all I was checking the new e-mails, participated with the users on conference calls, working on current projects.
I learned some new functionality of new system - Mutual Funds at Morgan Stanley.
I was lucky to work with highly professional team of co-workers and management.
The hardest part of the jos was that it was not only the new system – more... for me, but it was supporting of the old system, and
conversion processing during weekends, so we were working very hard 24/7.
The joy was that I still was working with my team I knew for many years since we started together at Salomon Smith Barney. – less
Very relaxed atmosphere with great job security.
Advisor-Middle Office Consulting Group (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEJune 26, 2013
Pros: my coworkers and management are always entertaining making days go along nicely
Cons: there is a very little mobility, dealings of upper management are very shady and make rash decisions based on limited information
The culture at MS middle office is pretty laid back. We work long hours but a friendly environment. Management leads the culture, so for different departments the culture may be different. My coworkers are great, there are some very talented people and we all got along very well.
great company
Financial advisor (Former Employee), Paramus, NJJune 26, 2013
great company. Company has turned it self around. stopped with cost cutting. good environment to work at
Passionate to take new challenges
Global Advisory Operations - Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 6, 2013
A typical day at work could be related different projects I work on. All my responsibilities include communicating and interacting with senior management including Executive Director & Managing Director. I learned about managing different projects, improved communication skills, interpersonal skills and multitasking.
bottom line grubbers
Data & Office Operations Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 20, 2013
Does not appreciate it's employees and views everyone as an expense. Takes measures to cut vital employees in order to show quarterly profits, then hires cheaper replacements the following quarter.
Daily Focus
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Garden City, NYApril 10, 2013
Pros: excellent tools and training
Cons: poor onboarding process
My typical day consists of reviewing FA actions, completing financial plans, scheduling quarterly and annual reviews, scheduling appointments for new business.

I have learned a host of information on the various managed money platforms and models ensuring my clients are in the best one based on their risk tolerance.

Management does its best to educate – more... the team on the latest offering for clients to receive better yields on their investments.

The hardest part of my job is to convert existing clients to managed money.

I enjoy working with people and guiding them with their wealth planning needs. – less
Entrepenurial Position
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), San Mateo, CAApril 3, 2013
Pros: unlimited earning potential. schedule flexibility.
Cons: management was never there to coach new hires.
At the beginning of the day, I would start by servicing my current clients. Later, I would do research and analysis of the current financial market state and would try to relate it to my clients goals and needs. Later, I would cold call to try to meet potential clients. Afternoons, I would meet with potential clients from cold calling and networking.
Great place to work.
Web support, Banking, and Account Representative. (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 3, 2013
Pros: corporate perks, free lunch for working through your break.
Typical day consists of helping customers with Web support issues, Banking issues, Tax questions, and questions on Brokerage accounts. I have had training in Web-support, FDR Banking system, Tax reporting, and training in securities such as IRA's,Active Asset accounts, 529 savings accounts, and general investment accounts. The most difficult part of – more... my job is the tax reporting which requires me to explain how different securities report of 1099's. I really enjoy the client interaction and the fact that everyday I am learning something new! – less
Professional Environment
Administrative Assistant, Client Service Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2013
At Morgan Stanley, you can expect a professional environment and people that care. Most employees work in teams, and the balance of work is divided and assigned to optimize productivity. Occasionally there are deadlines that require longer hours or more focused attention, but usually the work is reasonable and co-workers cooperate in maintaining good – more... client service and operational efficiency. – less
Good people, poor compensation
Securities-Based Lending, Senior Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 21, 2013
Hour works are pretty flexible. Management is understanding when personal situations arise. Co-Workers are driven and ambitious - best part of the job.
Good experience, Great People
Vice President - Solutions Architect (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 13, 2013
Great role interacting with bright and hardworking team members
Productive Work Environment
Senior Branch Examiner (Audit) (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJFebruary 4, 2013
-A typical day ususally consists of preparing for an upcoming assignment out on the road or following up on issues from past assignments after returning home from the road, back in the home office.

-I've learned time managment, communications, the ability to work with management teams of all levels and all walks of life. Have interacted and worked – more... with teams from small town Texas to big city NYC.

-My co-workers are very easy to get along with, we work as a team, and help each other at all times.

-Sometimes the hardest part of the job is simply the fact that each and every audit conducted is a surprise. I find that often the first half hour on a Monday morning when arriving on site at a location which is going to be audited for the week surprising a Management team is sometimes a challenge. Other than that preparing for and completing very large offices of 80+ Finanical Advisors is also a challenge.

-Traveling and interacting with different people all over the country is the most enjoyable part of the job. – less