Morgan Stanley Wealth Management

Morgan Stanley Wealth Management Employer Reviews

Great company
Client Service Associate (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 16, 2014
MS is a great company to work for. The management is really supportive. THey are also very understading of women leaving for maternity leave.
Excellent Support and Education in a tough Industry
Financial Advisor Associate (Current Employee), Melville, NYDecember 4, 2014
Pros: excellent support, friendly environment, amazing learning experience
Cons: entrepreneurial jobs can be difficult because you are responsible to bring all your own clients in
Morgan Stanley has an excellent program for training new and upcoming financial advisors, however the industry at this time is very hard to enter into if a prior career and network has not already been established. The support that Morgan Stanley offers is impeccable and I highly recommend them if looking to enter into the Financial Advising industry.
Morgan Stanley Internship
Internship (Former Employee), South Burlington, VTDecember 1, 2014
Assisted a team of Financial Advisors who invest for various foundations, companies and individuals. During this time I acquired valuable professional experience where I developed several important business skills such as, client contact management, customer service, organizational and time management. I also gained the ability to learn and complete – more... new tasks with accuracy while assisting with financial projects, conducting investment research, and writing plan reviews. – less
An overall good stepping stone for getting your foot in the world of finance
Operations (Current Employee), South Jordan, UTNovember 25, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: management does not hold anyone accountable and does not lead by example
An overall good stepping stone for getting your foot in the world of finance. But jobs in Utah usually come with little to no advancement.
Great Experience for Internship
Financial Planning Intern (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJNovember 12, 2014
The job was a fantastic learning experience. Tedious work, but needs to be to progress. Great bosses.
Building from the ground up.
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 11, 2014
Pros: great brand
Cons: extreme time constraints
My experience with Morgan Stanley was good overall. This position requires gut wrenching work in the beggining to build and very little time to produce results. There are many ways to go about building a career as an advisor, Morgan Stanley is good place to do so.
Productive and fun working place
Summer Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 19, 2014
I has an exceptional experience working for Morgan Stanley. I learned so much about retirement planning and the financial industry as a whole. The most important things I learned was how to stay organized and manage clients.
Great company, but is a hard place to start fresh out of college
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 2, 2014
Great company filled with great people, but due to a higher account minimum makes it difficult to find prospects and open accounts if you're younger and don't have a wealthy network.
Branch Operations Manager
Executive Director (Current Employee), Providence, RI and Los Angeles, CAAugust 26, 2014
Great learning experience and high level of exposure to all aspects of the business. Invaluable.
Corporate office with relaxed feel
Client Service Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 18, 2014
This was my first position in such a corporate environment, but everyone was so nice it didn't feel like a boring corporate job. I was challenged on a daily basis by the work that I did, which I enjoyed.
Great Company
VIP Event Manager - National Recruiting (Current Employee), Purchase, NYJuly 31, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: its a bank - sometimes it feels like only the bottom line matters.
Morgan Stanley is a wonderful place to work. The people are nice, serious and caring. The work is challenging and exciting.
Good
Certified Financial Planner(TM) (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 28, 2014
Pros: good
Cons: good
I am a financial planner. I work hard to teach our clients about financial planning
Large company decent benefits, decent compensation.
Wealth Advisory Associate (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 12, 2014
Large company good training program for the FA role in the beginning, after production begins very limited support.
Fast- paced, demanding high technology environment
Client Service Associate (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 9, 2014
Responsibilities required extensive interpersonal and organizational skills while working with a number of client relationship managers in a fast-paced, client-service oriented professional environment in a highly competitive financial services organization.

My co-workers and management team were very professional but caring and I enjoyed working with – more... them very much. – less
Supportive work culture with opportunities for advancement
Client Service Associate (Current Employee), Beverly Hills, CAMay 28, 2014
Pros: work/life balance, growth opportunites
Cons: management can be hit or miss, hard to earn more money
Great work/life balance, very supportive environment, some issues with management (they can make life very hard for support staff by not communicating correctly and/or lacking knowledge within their roles).
Great Opportunity
Financial Advisor & Partner (Current Employee), Providence, RIMay 10, 2014
Great position with an entrepreneurial vibe.

•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
interns are assigned are very applicable
Financial Industry Modeling Associate (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 5, 2014
The projects that interns are assigned are very applicable to what you would be doing as a full time employee. The skills and knowledge I acquired in school were refined at Morgan Stanley. I became very well versed in analyzing data and conducting market research.
Fun and great life balance
Intern (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 5, 2014
Cons: no guarantee advancement
-People are very willing to help out.
-Managements are easy the approach.
-I definitely learned a lot
It requires hard work to establish a decent asset base.
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee), Manhasset, NYApril 9, 2014
In 2008, it was a different environment that what I imagine it to be today. It was a wealth management office that was growing its business. I met with a lot of prospective clients and saw some of the challenges of being a financial advisor.
Incredible options
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 5, 2014
Provides best in class open architecture platform in which to build a wealth management practice.

1 2 3