Morgan Stanley Wealth Management Employee Reviews

Sink or swim
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Autonomy, uncapped earning
Cons: Extremely difficult to make it
Wealth management at Morgan Stanley, particularly for FAAs (trainees) is a difficult existence. Managers essentially leave you to sink or swim. Advisors are happy to help you close business and then keep the clients when you fail out of the program. Very few are successful without a team or having family in the business/family money.
Good Foundations and Managers
Business Analyst I / Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers, great opportunity to learn
Cons: lack of communication, lack of opportunity to grow vertically
Immediate directors are open and willing to engage in learning opportunities. They understand that a full understanding will lead to more efficiency. Work/Life balance was more than sufficient - leaning almost too much on Life side. Upper management does not do a good job at funneling down objectives from their direct reports so agendas can get lost in translation. Overall a great opportunity and learning experience.
Job with good benefits
Regional Leader (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 4, 2015
The company is great and and can lead to may opportunities. There are not a lot of options unless you live in a bigger city or metropolitan area.
Cut throat
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Purchase, NYJuly 29, 2015
Not the best place to work in the world for sure. Revolving door for new hires. Your not meant to succeed, just bring in your friends and family then they can you and keep the assets...
Positive experience
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Purchase, NYJuly 26, 2015
Very different experience than the institutional side of the business. Learned a lot about overall financial planning. Organization came out of the financial crisis and is on good footing. People here are first class.
Productive workplace with personable employees
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Portland, MEJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Morgan Stanley was a great learning experience for me. It provided with knowledge of different investment products, industries and investment strategies. Many of my tasks I had to learn how to do on my own, but my advisors were always willing to help if I had questions. As an intern I worked under two different financial advisors with whom I interacted with on a daily basis. My tasks varied depending on my advisors needs. A typical day for me consisted of producing client reports, generating client lists and creating marketing materials to be sent to potential clients.
Productive and challenging work environment
Summer Analyst, The Maddalena Group (Former Employee), Purchase, NYMay 28, 2015
Morgan Stanley makes great efforts to be competitive with all the other top banks in terms work environment and compensation. This is a results driven culture, where you are encouraged to work long hours but are paid well for your time.
Financial Industry Operations and Administration
Client Service Associate (Former Employee), Newport Beach,CAMay 27, 2015
Great work environment, High Level Executives and Ultra- High Net Worth clients.Truly appreciated the mentorship I received from my employers
NATIONAL NEW ACCOUNTS SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Columbus, OhioMay 21, 2015
Professional work environment, a typical work day is extremely productive. Good company, nice people, good benefits, great volunteer programs and gives back to the community.
Excellent firm to work for. Great experience and training, they create a challenging and dynamic working environment
Performance Measurement Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 10, 2015
A typical work day is from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, in a fast pace and friendly work environment. Management is very responsive and hands-on. Co-workers are friendly and we all get along in a team spirit environment. The hardest part of the job is meeting deadlines which are usually expected so becomes a part of you. The most enjoyable part is the flexible work style where we get to work one day in a week from home and the work gets done.
Good Company
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 14, 2015
Good company but the industry is in constant flux because of 2008. It is difficult to stay on the right side of the company and the law. It is not like I've heard it use to be just 10 years ago.
I enjoyed working at Morgan Stanley
Senior Registered Client Service Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 25, 2015
My co-workers were friendly and my Team members were great. the hardest part of the job was being "just a CSA". They really don't appreciate CSAs with extensive knowledge. Seems like they tend to group us all together as "the help".
Low morale, lack of management and communication
Operations Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: maternity leave is 4 months
Cons: overworked at a low salary
In short, true definition of Corporate Slavery. Because of mergers and joint ventures, there is plenty of favoritism and bias.
Great company
Client Service Associate (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 16, 2014
MS is a great company to work for. The management is really supportive. THey are also very understading of women leaving for maternity leave.
Excellent Support and Education in a tough Industry
Financial Advisor Associate (Current Employee), Melville, NYDecember 4, 2014
Pros: excellent support, friendly environment, amazing learning experience
Cons: entrepreneurial jobs can be difficult because you are responsible to bring all your own clients in
Morgan Stanley has an excellent program for training new and upcoming financial advisors, however the industry at this time is very hard to enter into if a prior career and network has not already been established. The support that Morgan Stanley offers is impeccable and I highly recommend them if looking to enter into the Financial Advising industry.
Morgan Stanley Internship
Internship (Former Employee), South Burlington, VTDecember 1, 2014
Assisted a team of Financial Advisors who invest for various foundations, companies and individuals. During this time I acquired valuable professional experience where I developed several important business skills such as, client contact management, customer service, organizational and time management. I also gained the ability to learn and complete new tasks with accuracy while assisting with financial projects, conducting investment research, and writing plan reviews.
An overall good stepping stone for getting your foot in the world of finance
Operations (Current Employee), South Jordan, UTNovember 25, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: management does not hold anyone accountable and does not lead by example
An overall good stepping stone for getting your foot in the world of finance. But jobs in Utah usually come with little to no advancement.
Great Experience for Internship
Financial Planning Intern (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJNovember 12, 2014
The job was a fantastic learning experience. Tedious work, but needs to be to progress. Great bosses.
Building from the ground up.
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 11, 2014
Pros: great brand
Cons: extreme time constraints
My experience with Morgan Stanley was good overall. This position requires gut wrenching work in the beggining to build and very little time to produce results. There are many ways to go about building a career as an advisor, Morgan Stanley is good place to do so.
Productive and fun working place
Summer Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 19, 2014
I has an exceptional experience working for Morgan Stanley. I learned so much about retirement planning and the financial industry as a whole. The most important things I learned was how to stay organized and manage clients.