Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,277 reviews matching the search
Great environment to work
Operations Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 25, 2016
Great environment to work in and it is very easy to gain a lot of knowledge in finance. Access to help is always accessible.
great company for big producers
International Client advising (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2016
I manage a portfolio for Latin America countries:
Venezuela, Mexico and Argentina, Morgan Stanley is a great company, however as a small producer I not longer fit on the company financial advisors culture
Good if you are entry level
Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 22, 2016
Decent starting place for entry level but not geared towards seasoned professionals - for seasons pros you need to be in New York or London only. The culture of Baltimore office feels more like launch pad for offshoring work.
Financial Services
Wealth Adviser (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 22, 2016
You have meaningful goals. Our Financial Advisors can help you reach them. For nearly 80 years, we have worked with individuals, families, businesses and institutions—to deliver services and solutions that help build, preserve and manage wealth. We understand our clients’ aspirations, and we’re as devoted to their goals as they are
Morgan Stanley Review
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2016
Great company that put clients first and fostered the development of its employees. Providing quality training and rotational programs to get the best from their employees.
Lots of learning opportunities
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJuly 21, 2016
A typical day at work can feel somewhat slow paced but this is a productive workplace. The opportunities to learn more about finance here are endless if you are willing to put in the effort. These opportunities don't easily present themselves to you though, you must make the effort to become involved to gain any valuable knowledge. I feel this company provided a positive experience for anyone interested in the field of finance/investments.
Productive with a variety of projects.
SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 20, 2016
Start with checking inbox for orders to process first thing in the morning. Pull and sort Wire transfers to appropriate Financial Advisors. Then pulling faxes and sorting to appropriate employees. Getting mail, sorting correspondence, making copies, and slotting to employees mailbox. Back up assistance to Receptionist, Funds Received Clerk, and New Accounts Clerk. Responsible for all client files. Assisted Compliance Manager with his filing and other projects as needed.
Got along with my manager.
Enjoyed my co-workers.
The hardest part of the job, was time sensitive on paperwork and orders.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you completed all your work on a daily basis.
Pros
During Broker meeting, we had free lunches too.
Cons
Always feeling rushed and not having enough time.
Good
Legal Entity Controller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2016
There is no economic data Wednesday, but a recent string of reports, including June retail sales, ISM manufacturing and the June employment report all were much better than expected. June's retail sales jumped 0.6 percent, while just a 0.1 percent increase was expected, and June's 287,000 payrolls were much stronger than projected after a shockingly weak May report. Citigroup's economic surprise index had been negative until recently, popping into positive territory, with the increase in upside surprises.
Solid Company
Trading Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 19, 2016
Approved of buying power for all online trades for Morgan Stanley Dean Witter. Determined margin buying power in order to facilitate trading activity in those accounts.
Stressful
Clinical Nurse I Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2016
Management needs to be more supportive of their nurses. Tough and stressful work environment. 12 hour shifts.
Ho-hum corporate job
Stockplan Operations Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAJuly 11, 2016
Management is inexperienced and it shows. Not a terrible place to work, but nothing special here, no reason to really invest yourself.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Typical corporate work environment
Temporary to Hire Positions
Operations Support (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 7, 2016
Morgan Stanley is good place to work. Most hires are temporary to hire. The culture is business professional. The dress is business casual. They main charity to community and world at large is volunteering and is promoted monthly and calculated for great incentives.Morgan Stanley is very well know for their volunteerism and community contributions.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Temporary Hire positions
Overall i love working here
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 7, 2016
A typical day at work can be starting off with a case load of 4 patients and having to discharge 2-4 and ending up with all new patient. Management can be helpful at times on a floor level. MY coworkers are my second family. we work together as a team to get the work done in a timely and effective manner. The hardest part of this job at time is working under short staff. The most rewarding part of this job is having to go home and knowing that i gave it all my best and i actually made a difference in my patient's lives.
Cons
Healcare benefits
Unsastisfactory
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 7, 2016
The work days are fast paced and stressful. Overtime and weekend, including overnight, work is expected on short or no notification. The priorities of upper management do not align with priorities of back office professionals. Very little resources are dedicated to improving and streamlining processes. The commitment to automation of manual processes is non existent while the focus is on the reduction of staff.
Pros
Lower levels of management are dedicated individuals
Cons
The commitment to imrovesment / automation is non existent.
High Income Potential
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 6, 2016
Advisors have the potential to make strong income if they bring in $500k to $1.0 million in net new assets monthly. You must have a strong network of high income or high net worth individuals and the ability to build trust with them.
Very productive place to work
Operations Batch Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2016
Excellent place to work. They are not hiring full time employees. Heve been a contractor at Morgan Stanley for 5 years .bJust re-built command center from the bottom up. Used to be outsourced to IBM but pulled everything back in house.
Experience
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  newyork city, NYJuly 1, 2016
Working in Morgan Stanley have exposure to Financial knowledge. Gave me an opportunity to migrate all flash applications to AngularJS Application using RESTFUL webservices.
Enjoyed my Project Management job
Sr. Project Manager/ Branch Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 28, 2016
Our days were dedicated to our projects and clients. You learn to work with many changes, personalities & management requirements. The coworkers were all supportive and helpful.
Pros
The coworkers
Cons
Many hours
Great opportunities
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2016
Fast paced environment, good opportunities if you are willing to work hard and put your carrier first. There are also options for mobility, both geographically and across different business areas.
Wonderful staff
Consulting Group Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 28, 2016
I enjoyed my 16 year career at Morgan Stanley. I started as an entry person and have had opportunities to advance, which I took advantage of. I worked with 2 teams and clients to develop asset allocation plans. I found myself good at and enjoying the research part of my job.
Pros
Opportunities to learn