Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews

Found 1,466 reviews matching the search
Administrative
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2017
The best Job, the greatest culture enjoyed everything about this job the hours were great. My peers were easy to work with, training was easy loved this assignment.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
No Cons
Good Company.
Branch Managers's Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAMarch 23, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Morgan Stanley . I liked the pace. I liked working with Financial Advisors and all office personnel . I liked working with outside wholesalers. I enjoyed planning corporate events, including outreaching to the community.
Pros
Events
Great place to work, learned so much
Regulatory Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2017
Throughout my years here, I've learned so much and made great professional relationship. Always busy and lots of work to manage however a great learning experience.
Pros
Work life balance, company culture
Cons
compensation and benefits
Great entry level
Regulatory Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 21, 2017
A great place to get your feet wet. Salary was not so great, but I did learn a lot. Management was great, a lot of opportunities given to learn management material. Not too much overtime.
Cons
salary
Diversity
Account reconciliation expert (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 21, 2017
Company has much diversity and a lot of job opportunities, they get involved in a lot of community activities. Company had many areas of job growth.
Pros
community involvement.
Cons
short breaks
Excellent Workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 20, 2017
Typical day of work would include printing out financial reports for my supervisor, updating existing financial client data, organizing client portfolios, and mailing out financial reports.

The workplace culture was very professional and friendly. Management was very clear and direct with what they expected of me.

Hardest part of the job had to be getting acquainted with Morgan Stanley's filing system. There were many client portfolios that had to be reorganized and it was difficult navigating through the sheer number of portfolios. Once I figured out what goes where, it was quite easy, just tedious.

I learned what it was like to work in a professional work environment, and what is expected of you. This was my first internship working in the corporate world and it gave me a great glimpse of what that life is like.
Fun productive environment with hard working employees
Associate/Account Administration (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2017
Work can be fun and productive during the day. The culture there is alright but can be better. Management is good teaching us new things. Have to solve discrepancies for branches through service portal requests.
Pros
Free lunches, great work environment for hard working employees
Cons
Low compensation, no work/life balance, room for advancement very low
Laid back work environment
AML Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  1633 Broadway, New York, NYMarch 19, 2017
Low pressure yet task heavy environment which is ideal for employees to gain a great deal of practical compliance experience. Management is generally approachable and easy to work with.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Healthcare, retirement
Internship
Financial Planning Intern (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMarch 15, 2017
This was just an internship and there was no salary at all. They required a lot of work and it was good to get experience but that was it. Other than work experience, working there as an intern has no pay.
Pros
College credits and experience
Cons
No Pay
Positive work environment
Transaction MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 13, 2017
Working for Morgan Stanley was one of the best jobs I ever had. Management and co-workers were all great. I felt respected in my decisions and actions. I was given responsibility with very little oversight. I would work for them again.
Pros
Cons
Unstable market
Morgan Stanley brand is important to clients
MD (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2017
The Morgan Stanley culture puts the client first and always emphasizes on doing the right thing. My job is very client focused to originate new business.
Productive and Professional workplace
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stanley, NYMarch 12, 2017
● Completed a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
● Planned and coordinated and ensured the CEO's schedule is followed and respected. Provided "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's time and office.
Great Leadership and Management
Client Coverage Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2017
Great work culture. Management is dedicated to your success. Great work life balance. Big company so there is opportunity for growth. Encouraged to seek out people and opportunities to advance career growth.
Premier Firm
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 9, 2017
Morgan Stanley deserves every accolade it receives. It is a first class organization with first class leadership. I would recommend to any young and aspiring college grad to explore the vast array of opportunities offered at MS.
Pros
Culture, Resources, Training
Cons
Promotion Structure, Salary Structure
Registered Client Associate (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMarch 8, 2017
Benefits overall are good.They have a good health insurance plan.

Also MS have a partnership with an website where you can buy things and gain points to use towards other purchases

I worked at MS in Coral Gables and people there were like family to me. I love the work environment
Great when you are established
Senior Vice President, Family Wealth Advisor (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 6, 2017
Morgan Stanley is very similar to most other wirehouses where they still believe in mahogany furniture. They offer little assistance to those who are starting, but when you get going they treat you well. The support for you and clients can be hit or miss, while MS is not a horrible place to work, it does not stand out either.
Pros
Pay scale, IT, benefits
Cons
Standard, compliance driven
Goal oriented environment, great management
Vice President & Senior Trust Officer (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 5, 2017
Meeting weekly deadlines and management goals, prioritize and satisfy the OCC regulators, very long hours but great people and management.
Pros
free lunches, flexible hours, work from home
Cons
worked long hours and many deadlines
Great place to work, not enough communication
BU QC UNDERWRITER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2017
I was a contract worker there, and the job was great. Management didn't really speak with each other as to the typical day to day duties, but they were positive and easy to talk to if you had a problem. They seemed to have great benefits, they love to volunteer, and there are a lot of ways to move within the company. Unfortunately, they did not have enough work to keep me on, but I would work there again if possible.
Pros
pay, volunteering, life/work balance
Cons
communication, direction of company
Driven top performing investment banking firm
office manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2017
Diverse assignments and distributed teams create a lively and creative environment. Fast paced, outcome-based projects allow for learning and transition opportunities.
Great career opportunity
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NC 27707March 3, 2017
This by far was a great place to work. I had to leave it after a short year because I had to move to New York for personal/family reason. I have nothing negative to say about this place of employment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Stanley. Our community is ready to answer.

88%