Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,231 reviews matching the search
Overall a negative environment
Client Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2016
They really work hard to shove their "culture" down your throat. Some of the financial advisors treat their support staff well, but most are arrogant pricks who could not care less about how they treat you. Management is no better. They are either so burned out on the job that they go out of their way to be unhelpful in difficult situations, or they are totally drinking the MS cool-aid and the Firm can do no wrong.
Pros
Learned about investing, some of the other support staff are fun to work with
Cons
Limited choices of expensive benefits, arrogant financial advisors
Awesome Place to Grow
Several (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 13, 2015
I left MS in 2014 due to relocation, but I loved working at MS overall. The work life balance is the best out of any company I've ever worked for...hands down! MS really cares that you're able to have a life outside of work. I really love how active they are in philanthropic acts...everyone is encouraged to participate and it really makes working there worth while even more! The compensation was okay, but the benefits were great! There is plenty room for advancement. I began as a temp, then was hired permanent less than a month out of training. I had several lateral promotions and even crossed over into a branch. Management in the call center was good management has an open door policy and they take great pride in that. Management in the branch was impeccable! They always encouraged me to seek advancement. The job culture was wonderful and diverse...leaving so many people to learn from.
Pros
The greatest environment to learn in.
Cons
Good Company, a few bad people...
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2016
Awesome training and development sessions. Strong work ethic. Very good pay and health benefits, including perks. After the several reorgs, some people became bitter, selfish, and vicious. Volunteer opportunities were the best.
Pros
Salary, work/life balance
Cons
No advancement. Juvenile staff. Discrimination. Ignorant educated fools!
Still a great place ...
Summer Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2016
I still recall the time I was an intern. This was a great opportunity and my entry into the corporate world. The manager was great, the opportunity not so much because it was still in production. But it gave me an idea of what the corporate world was about. The intern program was great. The resources were awesome. And with many giving headaches about their experiences, versus what I saw, I still recommend it!
Pros
Management, work offices, benefits, elegance
Cons
Opportunity
Somewhat quiet floor but interesting work - Purchase
Consultant Regulatory Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYMarch 9, 2016
Great colleagues and interesting work were the best parts of this job, along with the compensation. The hardest part of this job for me was the commute as it was located in Purchase NY and the campus is far away from any thing that you might need to pick up during the day.
Pros
Bright and clean, good compensation
Cons
A bit quiet on the floor, no ability to take a call or eat lunch at your desk and relax.
Great Experiance
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 20, 2016
Great Experiance all around! This is an Ace of an Experience and the knollage I have learded during my time there was undeniable some of the most aplicable knowledge I use in my every day life. I could not have had a better Mentor/ Co worker and happy to call friend at Morgan Stanley.
Pros
Structure, Co workers, Offices, Location, Mentor, Benefits
At Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILApril 4, 2016
Lovely Company very good job with very very nice benefits packages i really enjoyed on this job, and i was very happy to work here nice salary, worked as a loan processor, my experience with the other staff and all the other managers was very good.
Pros
Wonderful salary package at Wells Fargo
Cons
unfortunately they had to close some of their branches in that location
Typcail workday
Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 1, 2016
The typical work day began at 9 AM and ended at 5:30. Hours were very flexible which provided a great work life balance. Compensation was fair for the value added in specific positions.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
ability to add value is limited
Great Culture, Supportive Management
UNIT HEAD-EARLY DISPUTE RESOLUTION GROUP (EDR) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2016
Great place to work. Employees are encouraged to grow and have full management support. Work life balance is a plus. Surrounded by smart, driven colleagues.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Compensation
State of firm
AVP-Regional Diversity Officer (Current Employee) –  125 High Street Boston, MA 02110March 31, 2016
Constant change, with opportunity for advancement. Corporate culture is intense and has no room for doing what is morally correct.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Difficult Culture
Great culture - excellent work life balance
Fixed Income Derivative Client Processing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 3, 2016
Morgan Stanley is a very great place to start out of college. You delve into the financial industry and gain exposure with different lines of business, asset classes, and people. The learning curve in the beginning is steep while you learn about the process, product, and systems but quickly adapt by the 6 month mark. There are plenty of sessions to interact with senior management and gain a higher level understanding of the firm. Once you familiarize yourself with your role, the day-to-day becomes very simple. The hardest part of the job is trying to look for ways to bring valuable change because the organization is so large.
Pros
PTO, work life balance, culture
Cons
Monotonous work
Client focused
Business Service Manager Vice President (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJFebruary 20, 2016
Work in large office with 65 financial advisors and 22 person staff. Supervise support staff and assist financial advisors with trades, expenses, and banking and lending.
Pros
Competitive benefits
Cons
Demanding schedule
See below
consultant conducting due diligence research (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2016
Morgan Stanley is a great place to work, good pay, with smart and caring bosses. The co-workers are exceptional.The hardest part of the job for me was the always changing priorities.
Pros
great salary
Cons
always changing priorities
Great Company to Work For!
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2016
Typical day can vary from slow to extremely fast paced with the ability to deliver accurate results in an instance. Employees have longevity at this firm due to the culture and benefits/offerings. And I've notices long lasting friendships.
Pros
Worklife balance and the Culture
Cons
good company with a diminishing culture
Vice President - Mobile Web Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2016
It was insinuated that work was more important than family and that > 50 hours a week were expected. This isnt just during a busy season, but all year long.
Pros
good salary, strong team members
Cons
hours, flexibility, work-life-balance
Challenging and fun job; great people to work with, which makes all the difference.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 25, 2015
A typical day is anything but typical as tasks can change at any moment, and you have to be prepared to be flexible and roll with the challenges. The people who work there are its greatest asset -- not only in terms of adding to the reputation of the firm but also in providing an environment where everyone is encouraged to grow and learn from each other.
Pros
Excellent benefits, an employer that really values its employees.
Cons
Good place to start your career
Computer Data Systems Architect (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYJanuary 19, 2016
Pros
Good compensation, good place to gain experiences

Cons
Long hours,
Stressful project delivery date,
Using our of update technology
Vice President - Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  1NYPDecember 28, 2015
Morgan Stanley is one of the leading investment banking firm in the securities industry. It is a great place to work alongside some very bright and talented individuals.
Pros
Great benefits, various opportunities to grow and learn.
Cons
At times, it can be very political which leads to ineffective managment
Productive atmosphere
VP Mortgage Backed Securities Trader (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYDecember 15, 2015
Knowledgeable co-workers and good benefits.
It is also a great place to develop a successful career.
The culture is wonderful and employees are encouraged to be innovators in everything they do.
I enjoyed working with various departments
Section Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2016
There has never been a boring day at my job. Sometimes there are many tasks to complete and not enough employees or time to complete. I have a strong work ethic and strive to always do better.
Pros
401k
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Stanley. Our community is ready to answer.