Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews

Energetic , enjoyable environment
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAFebruary 8, 2016
At Saxon, I assisted one of the top account executives in the company. The job entailed, dealing with brokers, and coordinating closings of Loans and underwriting the clients files. Unfortunately, the company closed.
Pros
The Daily Challenge of meeting goals.
Cons
The company closed
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2016
What I'll remember most is the team I work with. They're an outstanding team and I'm proud to have been a member. We've achieved an awful lot together. There's a great sense of cohesion and, while we all have our individual characters, we work very well together. I really enjoy the team spirit.
Pros
Great interesting project
Cons
Excessive business travel
 9 years of IT experience out of which 8 years of experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Maintenance and Testing BI and Data warehousing Projec
ETL/ Informatica Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Stanley, NYFebruary 5, 2016
9 years of IT experience out of which 8 years of experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Maintenance and Testing BI and Data warehousing Projects.
Great culture - excellent work life balance
Fixed Income Derivative Client Processing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 3, 2016
Morgan Stanley is a very great place to start out of college. You delve into the financial industry and gain exposure with different lines of business, asset classes, and people. The learning curve in the beginning is steep while you learn about the process, product, and systems but quickly adapt by the 6 month mark. There are plenty of sessions to interact with senior management and gain a higher level understanding of the firm. Once you familiarize yourself with your role, the day-to-day becomes very simple. The hardest part of the job is trying to look for ways to bring valuable change because the organization is so large.
Pros
PTO, work life balance, culture
Cons
Monotonous work
Book keeping
Assistant VP of Possession and Control (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2016
This was my first job from college. I enjoyed working here and learned a lot about importing and exporting Italian food products. It was good first job experience.
Pros
Family & friendly environment
Cons
Job growth
Morgan Stanley - Financial Advisor
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKFebruary 2, 2016
Challenging high energy environment in which they paid me while I was studying for my exams. I passed all, being a Series 3, 6, 7, and insurance exam. After I passed my exams I believed I was going to be able to offer the best possible solutions for my clients needs. But actually it is more like a flea market where you have a quota of products that you must sell each day whether they fit you clients needs or not, and whether they are performing well or not. It seemed a little unethical. But to be fair it was right before 9/11 and thee was not many products performing well then.
Pros
The education
Cons
The Ethics
An ok company to work
VP, Quantitative Research (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2016
Good work life balance. But management needs to improve on advance careers for workers. It'll be better if there is bigger room to grow careers.
Daily Work Schedule
Wealth Management Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2016
On a regular day at the office I would print out stock reports and prep my boss for meetings. Constant communication with clients and Daily stock evaluations.
The industry leader
Business Analyst / Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2016
Very professional and result driven work environment.
Excellent support from the management team. Latest technology and project management tools.
Cons
No full time positions
Great company.Focuses on growing employees. Work life balance is
Vice President, Shared Services Banking Operation (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 25, 2016
Both the Baltimore and New York environments are similar in that the energy levels are high. The company encourages that employees act like owners.
Good place to start your career
Sr. Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2016
It is a good place to start your career, get exposed to a plethora of network technologies. Bad work life balance, and company is slow to adopt new technologies in the market compared to competitors
Good working environment and great team!
Advanced Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2016
I worked there as an IT consultant therefore, I do not have much of a compensation/benefits. It was a great working experience and everyone I've worked with were willing to teach and help.
Great Firm
Senior Registered Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2016
Great environment and company but I need to expand my horizons and be more challenged. The people are nice and everyone has an open door policy and we get along well. I need more work to do and need to be stimulated.
Good Place
Web Application Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2016
Good Company to work with,
Provides Nice work culture with no worries about your salary,
Good management
nice ambience
Good place to start your career
Computer Data Systems Architect (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYJanuary 19, 2016
Pros
Good compensation, good place to gain experiences

Cons
Long hours,
Stressful project delivery date,
Using our of update technology
Competitive Work Culture
Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2016
Lot of learning and lot of opportunities. The system I work is very complex and has a good amount of learning curve. The system architecture is very good and provides excellent insights to right design in financial world
Morgan Stanley it is a great place to work.
Associate in Global Wealth Management Operations (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 16, 2016
I started prioritizating was needed to be done first, then communicate and delegate with the team. I learned that been a team player is a key for successful. the hardest part is get coworkers focused..
Pros
Leadership
Cons
management need to delegate more.
Service Professional
Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 16, 2016
On a daily basis I work in a high volume call center, where we service our clients with World Class Service everyday. With my job there is a life work balance that I appreciate.
A great company to work for
senior analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 14, 2016
Morgan Stanley is a great firm, with great people.
Management depends on the department, but is generally good.
Co-workers are very competent and professional.
Great workplace with many talended people.
VP, Complex Business Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 14, 2016
This was a great place to work leading a team of registered personnel striving to meet service levels while providing an exceptional level of customer service. I managed two sites, Salt Lake City and Tampa. The people I worked with were great.