Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews

Found 1,614 reviews matching the search
No Work Life Balance
Project Manager - Fixed Term Contractor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2017
Difficult management with zero job stability. Office was in a great location and lots of nice people; however, my boss would fail to show up to critical meetings.
Family-Oriented and great workplace
Summer Retail Financial Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJune 28, 2017
Throughout this experience I have learned how to assess a client's personal finances through their Morgan Stanley profile and the benchmarks we compared them to (S&P500, MSCI World, etc.). Additionally I used my excel skills to help the team with 401K termination dates, Global large cap earnings estimates and much more. Everyday I was learning and it shaped what I wanted to be heavily. The culture was amazing. We were one big family and were able to take risks and be aggressive with our own ideas.
take care of employees
College Intern (Former Employee) –  West Conshohocken, PAJune 26, 2017
great company to work for. they really take care of employees. i learned a lot from everyone who worked there. definitely would recommend working for this company.
T and E reports
Data Entry/ Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 26, 2017
I would communicate with they employees eemail .. and request their expense report.

I would first separate the report by regions, I would then would have to code them correctly to charge the proper dept.. and finally enter the info on the report into the system.. so the employees would be reinbursed
Pros
was a friendly atmosphere
good people to work with
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 23, 2017
good people working there..very nice..supportive..nice to work for..But they merge with another Financial group, and some employee's were let go.. I would have liked to work there just a little longer with the good people..
Pros
good people to work for
Cons
I would've liked to work for another 2-3 yrs..
Good Learning Experience
Regional Risk and Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 21, 2017
MS is great at developing talent, I am an example of this and also took part in the process of developing my peers. The company culture is great, not sure if it's because I'm now located in the South vs NYC, but I enjoy their work/life balance.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Benefits are not as good as Blackstone Group
Operations
Risk Management Specialist- Outgoing Transfers (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 21, 2017
Finance operations is always looking to outsource all jobs. Job security is scarce. Mngt is always hiring temps over full time employees. Training is just shadowing.
Pros
standard benefits
Cons
underpaid, overtime
internship in gwm
Intern in wealth mngt. (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2017
great place to work. structured training that is result driven. no backoffice stuff here. you will learn about the wealth management business and get a great name on your resume
Pros
all
Productive and Friendly
Security Settlements Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 19, 2017
Morgan Stanley offers a very welcoming environment consisting of a friendly, collaborative staff. Together we are productive and energetic. We can go from being immersed in our work one minute to joking around the next.
Wealth Management
Wealth Management Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2017
Make sure you do research on the team you work for before you take the position. Do not take a position without agreeing on compensation because its tough to get after the fact.
Pros
Working for well known company
Great family atmosphere and meeting clients and assisting them with their financial needs.
Senior Service Associate and Lead Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 18, 2017
Spending time with your work family is a meaningful feeling.
Assisting the Business Service Manager in all operational functions and supporting services on a daily basis.
The atmosphere of the office is a very happy place and it is a great feeling to be apart of the team.
A good place to work.
Vice President/Senior Technical Lead/ Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2017
I enjoyed working at Morgan Stanley during my career. However, the last few years were the most stressful. Overall I had a good time at Morgan Stanley, the work was enjoyable and challenging.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Wellesley Hills, MAJune 16, 2017
A typical day at work included filing and labeling old client files into better organized systems, which entailed learning what all the files meant (for example, the difference between a 401k and a 529). If there was more urgent business, including birthday cards to address, affiliated companies to call and check in with, or client information to update on the computer, I would perform those tasks when given to me.
While the hardest part of the job was the endless files that were physically a mess and, many times, filled with information that was unnecessary, the warm environment of my coworkers, with their kindness and jokes, made every second of my work fun and entertaining.
nice and friendly working environment
Senior Manager - Listed Derivative Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2017
Management encourage cross training and team work. Team member will each other when some one in team is super busy.
We get along very well with all stakeholders that allow us resolved issue quicker and easier.
Pros
Free tea and coffee in the office
Professional and productive place to work with great coworkers.
Paralegal/ Junior Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2017
A typical day working for Legal and Compliance would start off with going over important documents and contracts that is pivotal to Morgan Stanley. The department is very professional where meetings take place often to go over progress and operations to keep employees updated and informed. Friendly culture from employees where you really have freedom to get the task done in your own professional workspace. Morgan Stanley employees have their own cafeteria, with many choices of food to choose from and great people who prepare/serve the food out for us.
Pros
Free coffee/tea, free lunches on certain occassions, birthday cupcakes
Cons
Many temporary projects and contracted workers
Really enjoyed working there for so many years, it was a great experience.
Senior Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 15, 2017
I learned alot about the financial business and it was wonderful. Worked very hard to please both financial advisor and client. Had to multi-task and was stressful at times. But I loved my job.
The FAA program doesn't work
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJune 15, 2017
I've been a Financial Advisor there for more than a year. The hurdles are very difficult to reach if you're not part of a team, but you get your licenses and learn a lot
Pros
Free lunchs, good research
Cons
The FAA program doesn't work
Best of the best.
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 15, 2017
I was very privileged to have the opportunity to work here. There is a reason why Morgan Stanley is one of the best investment banks in the world. All of the advisers and analysts are professional and willing to develop the assistants.
Typical corporate environment
Valuation Review Group Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2017
Typical day is to go into work, sit at my computer and work independently (potentially reach out to our counterpart abroad) or use the Bloomberg terminal to do research, attend some meetings, and then go home.
Pros
Many events with free lunch
Great culture for a major investment bank
ISDA Negotiator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2017
The people are not just intelligent (the norm for Wall Street), but grounded and kind-hearted, as a rule. The company culture is excellent and people really value the "Always give back" (one of the four core values on the sign in the lobby). They actually live what's in the manual. That said, the hours and pressure are fairly high (it is a top investment bank) to some people, but I enjoyed my time there immensely and would definitely return on a project or permanently.
Pros
Culture, people, pay
Cons
Always cost-cutting, hours (to some people)