Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews

Proactive and continue to growth
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 30, 2015
I’m an operational specialist with over 10 years of experience at both Commercial & High-Net-Worth Lending units. My Strength as an employee includes constant communication with my team and manager on time sensitive projects. I am thorough in a professional manner when I am presented with an issue, getting the facts and escalating when necessary to have the issue resolved. In addition, my experience allows me to work on multiple desks and my knowledge makes me a strong team player, especially
Great location close to everything
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Location
Cons: Hard to transition from temp to perm.
I loved the work environment but I was reminded daily that I was a temporary employee. No chance for advancement from temp to perm.
Valuable learning experience and real-life excel modeling
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYJuly 28, 2015
In the past few years, I became fascinated by the Wealth Management sector and the complexity and thrive it comes with. The possibility to determine financial strategies at an executive level, finding solutions for financing questions, the art of valuation and the excitement of the new-client process truly passionate me. I welcome taking down these challenges with a motivated and ambitious team in a highly pressured environment and deliver high quality results to the clients at the same time. Furthermore, I appreciate the goal-orientated nature of this sector, as well as the wide range of skills set required for the different phases in the Financial Advisor process.

The long track record and specific industry knowledge have led Morgan Stanley to the top position in the investment banking amongst its peers. Not only has Morgan Stanley been setting the standard for the industry since its founding in 1935, the global network and presence in various industries also reflects an ambitious vision and ability to adapt to the constantly changing environment. Exactly these values attract me to Morgan Stanley.

With Ed Wentzheimer as my mentor this past semester's internship, I had the opportunity to have insight into the FA process and gained a deeper understanding of what it means to be a FA here at Morgan Stanley.Not to mention, be part of the high quality work and time a team puts forth to each one of their clients. This work experience not only taught me how to deal with deadlines and clients, but also pushed me to deliver a high level of work ethic for the team.
Engaging
Retirement Specialist (Current Employee), South Jordan, UTJuly 28, 2015
Pros: good knowledge gained
Cons: poor training
Daily I would speak with various branch personal as I aided with general retirement inquiries and account opening procedure or money movement. I also, took calls fro banking, web support, and national new accounts lines of business. Training was ok, but most every rep goes on the phones for any new line of business uncomfortable and unprepared. Call volumes being satisfied seems much more important to upper management than quality of the calls. they have quality professionals to tell you to say things like "what else can I do" but really quality and lacks due to managers not knowing answers to more complex questions and reps often being left without the know how or resources to do their job or really assist branches. Very stressful at times. The plus side is there is not too much micro managing, benefits are nice, and leaving around 4 is a plus.
Work Experience
Assist branches and vendors (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 27, 2015
Legg Mason was a great work place everyone was treated fairly. The management team was excellent. While working with Legg Mason I have gained the knowledge of the stock and bond market.
Worked at MS as a consultanat
QA Lead Test Engineer (IT Consultant) (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Interesting work environment
Cons: Work culture changed in the 4+ years I worked there.
As a consultant working for Morgan Stanley in IT divisions, I worked with highly knowledgeable and skilled MS managers and MS employees. In each instance all MS employees are highly knowledgeable in their field and willing to share their knowledge at any moment.
Great Environment
High Net Worth Lending Operations Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 26, 2015
It's a great work environment. I learn something new everyday. The building is beautiful and the entire staff is very welcoming.
Employes are always willing to share their knowlege and resources. Most employees are friendly.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Purchase New YorkJuly 26, 2015
Dedication to the position is key. There are many incenitves offered to enhance your compensation package. Management is supportive and incourages you to reach the next level in your career.
Big company to work for.
Senior Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Meeting great co-workers and growing of knowledge
Cons: Not enough advancement and no bonuses.
My time with the company was good to work for over the time I have been there. It did have it's ups and downs. There have been a number of very good co-workers that have come go it were good to work with. Of course they will be missed. I have learned a lot and had a very god re-pore with our branches and also with the contra firms. I turned into one that was reliable. Like a go to person.
Great people
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 22, 2015
The Morgan Stanley Office in South Park, Charlotte was a great place to work. Work objectives were very clear. Training was excellent.
If you like selling insurance
Wealth Management Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 20, 2015
If you would like to be in the insurance company, then by all mean do work for this company, but I won't recommed if you have other options.
It's okay, but as a temp worker is a bit rough
Operations Control Analyst (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Comfortable atmosphere, very smart and welcoming co-workers, flexible hours
Cons: Compensation not great, you have to pay to ark at this building, Rosina Gourmet sucks
A typical day for me involves sitting in front of the computer processing items in various client accounts. I don't have much interaction with other coworkers because I am limited to communicate due to my status as a temp worker. When I started here I was told that this was a temp to permanent position but my manager doesn't even know when a permanent position will open. So i'm kinda in limbo about that. I don't really feel secure so I have been applying to other positions within the firm. I wish the communication was better though.

Other than that, it is a great atmosphere and the people who work here are fantastic and really smart. So you will learn a whole lot.

The compensation isn't great though. So if you're fresh out of college with little to no experience be prepared to start at around $14-$16.
nice place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 17, 2015
good managers very good training program and a good location to get to work. good pay and benefits, wish they had a full size cafe and day care for people who have kids
Morgan Stanley
Credit Analyst (Former Employee), new york, nyJuly 17, 2015
Great place to launch a career. Strong brand name. Supportive of internal hires to move across the company into new opportunities. Great team environment and development opportunities.
Productive and Fun to work
Data architect (VP-Technology) (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Flexible timing, Opportunity to grow
Cons: Health Benefits
I worked here for more than 10 years in different capacity Enjoyed working here and learned different technology and Business. Had opportunity to work with Very Talented people.
Oppressive work environment
Client Services (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Health Benefits, 401K, vacation
Cons: Management, Job Culture, lack of advancement
The Call Center in Columbus OH is an oppressive work environment which is run by a pack of millennial bullies living out their high school dreams of ultimate power. It is easy for mature adults to ignore the juvenile snickers and comments, but being passed over for advancement because of refusing to play silly games was the last straw.
Long hours, great place to learn
Associate, Investment Banking (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 13, 2015
Pros: great learning experience, really smart people, top notch organization
Cons: long hours
financial modeling, drafting memorandums, helping to solve client problems

learned a lot about corporate finance, the chemicals / ag chem industry

really smart people, world class organization

hardest part is the hours

most enjoyable part is the steep learning curve and the ability to work on large / important transaction
Good company to work for.
Loss Mitigation (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 12, 2015
Pros: awards program
Cons: short lunch
The employees were happy to come to work put in 8 hours worth of work because they were not just an employee but family. They had a good training program. You just go through training without knowing the material.
Investment Instution
Office Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 10, 2015
Investment Instution with excellent benefits and an amazing midtown office location. Great company to excel in financial industry
Excellent Company to work for. I am now retired want part time
REGISTERED SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Great team work.
Cons: Systems were updated but not friendly. Company in process of making adjustments
Very productive, always busy, large client base, great desk partners and worked with a good team.

Problem solving was somewhat time consuming when working with our New York Departments. We were unable to contact the departments directly and urgency was not recognized.

Over all I enjoyed my time at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney