Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews

Found 1,438 reviews matching the search
Professional Environment
Senior Portfolio Manager, CRPC, Man. Bch (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 26, 2017
Good Place to work overall. They are flexible and well located. The office is run down and the compensation is below industry norms.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Compensation
Good company
Financial Training Intern (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 25, 2017
The company definitely expects a lot out of you. Work is demanding and challenging but you get what you put into it. Great place to build a career and make good money if you work for it.
Classic example of a once world-class firm in its decline
Project Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2017
I work harder now than ever, with less compensation. The only perk is that my team is stellar and bright and a joy to work with; but unfortunately, I still need to pay the bills...
Pros
Integrated Infrastructure; flexible working hours
Cons
I work many hours with no substantial bonuses for too many years.
When I first arrived I loved the Managers/employees
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77002February 24, 2017
Fast pace business. I slowly ended up covering 7 Financial Advisor's at the end which was the hardest part of the job, leaving little time for going to lunch or going to the ladies room. Processing of new accounts, journals from one account to another, checks, federal funds wires. Established new accounts for new Financial advisors coming in from other locations, including sending out proper documentation, getting to know the new Financail Advisors in order to better service there needs while servicing other Financial Advisors with orders, meeting clients, closing on Morgtagae loans. I enjoyed working with different types of Financial Advisors however it was just a little to much toward the end and Managament had completely changed. I requested assists, however was not given it became just a little to much toward the end.
Pros
Always had Vendors with free food or coffee cart, health care was good
Cons
Financial Advisors understood the over load, however Management didn't
Great Place to Learn
Settlements (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2017
While at MS i had a great time learning from others. Great place to learn about technology and finance. Would stay there as long as possible.
NIce place to work
New Accounts Specialist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAFebruary 22, 2017
I provided customer service and all other office duties. Everyone was very friendly and all employees were treated with respect.
very cutthroat
Financial Crimes Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2017
management is terrible and they are no effective communicators. Most employees are afraid to be away from their desk for more than 15 minutes
A serious workplace but was laid-back on fridays
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2017
Was responsible for calling fortune 500 clients about joining our retirement investment team. Not only had to persuade them to join us but give them any information that they asked of.
Pros
Was very good work experience
Cons
Wasn't very exciting
Morgan Stanley summary
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLFebruary 20, 2017
The goal of this position is to prospect and acquire clients through many different means. Using cold calling, seminars, mailers, and many more. There are strict sales goals that need to be met. I enjoy the freedom that you have to create your own hours. I also enjoy meeting many new people in this role.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no job security
Good place to start your career
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 19, 2017
Morgan Stanley provides a good environment for individuals who have just graduated to begin their career. Analysts are encouraged to get involved in projects that will help them progress within the company.
Productive Workplace
AML Compliance - Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2017
Morgan Stanley has a great work environment with down to earth people. Departments are set up with team leaders which makes it easy to communicate. Managers tend to be busy and it may be difficult to obtain time to speak with them.
Excellent office atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 15, 2017
Office moral was very high. Everyone helped each other. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the clients. I learned how the stock market operates and to buy and sell stocks.
Pros
Working with clients
Cons
No cons
Productive, friendly, people driven workplace
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 15, 2017
I really enjoyed interning at Morgan Stanley. The people you are surrounded with come from all backgrounds but they all are professional and put people first, whether that may be their clients, potential prospects, or other employees at the branch. Management held meetings every week and although their was a lot of new legislation in regards to financial advisors, clear communication was evident between the managers and financial advisors / brokers.
Pros
friendly and rather focused environment, great people, free lunches on occasion, professional workplace
Cons
Unnecessary meetings held from time to time
no review
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2017
I do not have a review for this firm. If someone wants my overview of this job or my role, they can contact me. In other cases, I have nothing to add other than it was an investment and risk management firm.
very structured workplace. No margin for error. Tremendous responsibility.
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTFebruary 13, 2017
Great learning experience but very high stakes responsibility. Working with very high dollar accounts and folks who cannot afford for you to make any mistakes. Also constant requirement to update training and certifications.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no health care.
Good first time internship opportunity
Business Development Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 13, 2017
I worked for a private wealth management team in San Francisco. Lots of cold calling and calendar management. Good to have on the resume buy could have had a more productive internship.
Not a pleasant place to work
Manager/Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2017
Company does not care about their employees. Concerned with decreasing costs by offshoring functions or by sending jobs to other companies. Not a place I would recommend anyone to work for
Great learning experience
Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  New YorkFebruary 13, 2017
For the better part of my career time there, I enjoyed my job. I learned so much and was challenged everyday. My job entailed being busy and working diligently from the morning to end of day. I worked endless hours, but had fun doing it because I got to work in a team environment and made great relationships with my colleagues.
Pros
Great learning experiences
Cons
In the long term, work life balance became nearly impossible
Emphasis on friendly clientele interaction and professional service
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTFebruary 11, 2017
Morgan Stanley encourages friendly clientele interaction allowing sufficient time to take of of client's needs.

Extensive knowledge of inhouse computer system and navigation is required to adequately resolve client concerns.

Morgan Stanley is a challenging place to increase various client related skills.
Pros
Overtime lunches catered
Cons
Temp to Hire position
Work/Life Balance is very good
Market Data - Inventory Management, Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2017
Morgan Stanley has a good work/life Balance program. where you can work from home once a week. Management is also very willing to work with you with any personal issues you may have.
Pros
Cons
Long hrs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Stanley. Our community is ready to answer.

88%