Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews

I loved working at Morgan Stanley as it was both fulfilling and challenging
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 20, 2017
covered multi billion dollar institutional accounts. Provided markets and relative value to current and prospective accounts to facilitate trades and foster relationships. Learned how to communicate with clients on a daily basis and develop long term relationships with all existing clients. Environment at Morgan Stanley was competitive and rewarding. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the frustrations of having losing on new deals that were bought by one of my competitors that I encountered on a daily basis . The most enjoyable part of my job was working on situations with clients and having them come to fruition which resulted in trades getting finalized to the benefit of my firm and myself.
Pros
Building long lasting relationships with both my accounts and traders
Cons
Being on 100% commission and never knowing how much I would make on a daily basis
Nothing to share
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York StateOctober 19, 2017
No Comment. There is nothing that I need to share to Indeed about Morgan Stanley
Great teamwork and excellent management
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 18, 2017
My work at Morgan Stanley has given me a much-needed perspective on the financial services industry. Because I am also a full-time student, I'm grateful that I can manage a flexible work schedule with Morgan Stanley, which accommodates my school schedule. Additionally, my colleagues are friendly and cordial, which makes me look forward to working with them.
Depends on the team honestly
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 18, 2017
It is an amazing place to work, so many people have been there for over 15 years now. But it all depends on the team as it is said - You work for the manager not the firm and you leave your manager not the firm.
Healthy work environment and great place to grow as a financial representative
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 17, 2017
Working at Morgan Stanley taught me many valuable lessons including how to deal with stressful situations and how to manage to my time wisely. I had a great management staff that was always there for me and set me up for success. This company is not only reputable but will lead you in the right direction if you have not had any experience. I had a great experience at this company and wish I could go back.
Pros
Healthy work environment
Cons
Stress
Computer systems failed on a reqular basis and lost client data.
Corp. Specialist Client Group , Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAOctober 17, 2017
Management had no respect for the client. Computer systems continuely failed. New York management informed me that they had enough clients and would not allow me to access institutional level products for my corporate clients.
Productive and exciting place to work
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NY 11758October 16, 2017
Morgan Stanley was a very rewarding company to work for. They were fair and equitable and supported team work. I would still be there, if my department has not been discontinued.
Professional and Intellectual environment
Project Coordinator/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2017
Morgan Stanley is a very professional and intellectual organization. Everyone there works very hard however, the environment also can be competitive which is a good thing if controlled by management.
Pros
Intellectual environment
Cons
Competitive environment
Great benefits and people
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, OROctober 15, 2017
The location I worked at was small, at the time and we were like family. Everyone seems to care about each other and I enjoyed my environment for the most part. I didn't have enough opportunity to advance in my career and the pay structure changed for the sales assistants, so I ended finding a higher paying job.
Challenging and exciting
Senior Developer/Programmer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2017
Enjoyed the time I spent in the Creative Services Department at Morgan Stanley. I met some longtime friends and colleagues doing that work. We were allowed to be inventive and innovative in our work.
productive workplace, good balance, good salary
Administrative Assistant/Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 14, 2017
My typical day at work was general administrative officer duties with some supervisor duty during the area manager absence. I learn how to create extremely detail spread sheet using excel for my manager in the mailroom area. The workplace culture at Morgan Stanley was pretty slow pace environment with potential learning possibility at all times. The hardest part of the job was keeping in pace with my manager work schedule, very demanding with the time frame his job had to be completed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I work with at the time, everyone took pride on the work they did in the mailroom and learning how to create extremely detail spread sheet in every work tasks I submitted to my manager.
Pros
Benefits, Advancement, Salary
Cons
time punch-in cards (lunch breaks), (beginingof shift) one minutes late is equivalent 15 min.
great place to work.
Financial Advisor Associate Program (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 13, 2017
Morgan Stanley was a great place to work. It was a great working atmosphere and fun. The job was close to my house and convenient for commuting. Overall great
Lots of volunteer oportunity
Billing Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2017
Processed fees and heavy phone calls .
Interactions with Traders.
We had the best team.
completing emails .
Staff and management got long beautifully.
Pros
Occasionally free lunch
Cons
Great Health Benefits
Productive and enjoyable place to work at
Sourcing Manager - Design & Construction (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2017
Gained vast amount of experience and knowledge from the best this company has to offer. Fast-paced, competitive, but also a friendly work environment.
Great Place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2017
Very good place to work. High volume of paperwork to process.
Managers and supervisors were great and worked well with each other. Truly enjoyed my short time there.
Pros
Beautiful office space.
Cons
Wanted to work longer with them.
Productive, busy environment
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2017
Important to manage your time efficiently and think ahead of what your manager is requesting. It was stressful at times but I'm organized and efficient and was able to multi-task various appointments.
Great Talent but a little too much of NIH (Not invented here)
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2017
Morgan Stanley hires a lot of talented people. Every technologist could suggest a solution to any problem presented. My time at Morgan Stanley helped me improve a lot as a technologist.
One complaint was the lack of trust for outside tools leading to a tendency to build in-house products that often ended up orphaned. Over the course of a few years, internal products frequently fell behind ones available in the market.
I do believe Morgan Stanley has become more open to third party products since I left.
Good compensation with a lot of responsibilities
Quantitative Researcher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2017
The compensation of the company is really good, but it is expected to work really long hours everyday and sometimes weekends. Very high work intensity, and very strong problem solving skills are required
Pros
Compensation
Great Place to Work
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 9, 2017
As an intern, I was able to learn not only about the wonderful investment opportunities, I was able to establish real working relationships with clients.
Fast Paced and Good Mentorship
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 9, 2017
Morgan Stanley was a fun and intense internship. I got to work alongside the financial advisors of the Stanek Group and aid their clients in whatever they might need. I learned more in this internship than I did in many of my classes in University. The real life application of my finance and accounting knowledge allowed me to see the practical uses of many of my learned skills. My manager was very generous and fair - he was a wonderful mentor to me and treated me as one of the team members rather than simply an intern. The team did not ask me to run coffee for them or just copy papers - instead, I was able to work with clients, create portfolios, screen stocks, help with investment planning, and even work on trusts and funds with the advisors. I deeply enjoyed working with the Stanek Group at Morgan Stanley and I would highly recommend the Chicago location to anyone else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Stanley. Our community is ready to answer.