Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews

Found 1,680 reviews matching the search
fun place to work
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2017
Worked closely with my manager in coordinating moves, attended meetings on moves. Answered phone calls, worked with move management teams during large moves, answered emails. there was a lot of different cultures working at Morgan Stanley. I enjoyed all aspects working at this firm.
Pros
benefit package
Cons
n/a
Work Work Work
Mainframe Hardware Engineer (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2017
Love The job but the job culture and management is bad at times. Poor management leads to employees routinely working 7 days a week. pass through vendor means terrible benefits and no paid vacation.
Pros
Good co workers. work remotely 2-3 days a week
Cons
work 6-7 day week, forced night, weekend work you will have no life of your own
Intern
Branch Intern (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJAugust 18, 2017
I worked as a summer intern for Morgan Stanley. I shadowed two financial advisors on a daily basis, one was older and established and one was younger and just getting started
Morgan Stanley
Capital Markets/Middle Office - Purchase & Sales (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 18, 2017
Only good for those coming straight out of college. Too many layoffs and bonus and raises are non existence. Every year a group its moved offshore and it such common practice the upper manager does not even care.
Pros
Current Manager
Cons
salary- culture-
Great place to work but changing for cost savings
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2017
Great place to work however the company is in the process of outsourcing or deploying to cheaper locations from larger metro centers. Really enjoyed my time at the firm but have seen the transformation from a well paid highly engaged workforce to a staff that understands less and less about the business. MS gives you an opportunity to to work on something start to finish if you have the desire. It can be very rewarding. Compensation is becoming a real issue over the long term.
Pros
Culture, ability to see something thru start to finish if you desire
Cons
Compensation losing competitive edge
Overall a good experience
Training Program Coordinator - New Hire Program (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2017
Oriented to providing quality of service in training. Coordination among teams to deliver a great quality training program,

The hardest part was to speculate and prepare for what could go wrong in the training program process.

Long hours to make sure that everything will and continue to go smoothly.

I liked the appreciation from the trainees when the program was over. Getting a standing applause from class was very satisfactory and made me feel good about the service and experience I contributed to providing to the trainees.

I learned about the importance of having a fluid, clear communication with team members, and how to work as a team. I learned not to take things personal.

I also learned about my own value as a person and professional.
Having a classroom of 40 stand up and give me a standing ovation because I was the first person they saw guiding them in the morning and the last person they saw when they went home. It was very valuable, specially when 9/11 hit, I was instrumental in re-organizing and providing emotional and professional support to colleagues who used to work at the towers. That was very satisfying. I also lead and coordinated an International Food Day at the office, in October 2011, which was very healing and well received by all. it was like Soup for the Soul for the staff.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Long hours, did not have much of a personal life
Excellent Company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2017
Even though I was downsized, I found Morgan Stanley to be one of the most professional companies I have worked for. I adored my Manager and always remember him fondly. He taught me so much and he was such a class act.

I do think they could improve on developing Administrative Assistants to their full capacity and/or giving them opportunities to move into other positions.
Pros
Cons
Development for Admin. Asst.
very professional
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 10, 2017
I have not been employed at Morgan Stanley for over 14 years so at this juncture I have no opinion. As I remember it was a good experience, nice co workers.
work place culture
NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 10, 2017
i had many lessons from Morgan Stanley . It is one of the best place to be working with.I would also like to mention the colleges who were the best of all my in my experience
Morgan Stanley
Client Service Associate (CSA) (Current Employee) –  Niskayuna, NYAugust 9, 2017
Very quick-paced makes the day go by fast. Can be stressful at times. I have learned a lot. I also receive many benefits working there such as paid lunches, 401k benefits and time off.
Pros
Lunch, people, time off
Cons
Management, rules
Baltimore Branch
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 9, 2017
It's a great place to start your career but not a great place to end. Don't expect for managers to encourage you to grow in within your profession. Remain positive and you will succeed.
Pros
Learn a lot
Cons
n/a
great place to work, excellent people
Client Service Associate (Current Employee) –  anonymousAugust 9, 2017
Although the employees are a pleasure to work with, the job entails effort throughout the year with benefits highlighted. To actually reach the goal is unattainable. Most advisors do not compensate monthly.
Great place to work.Great People
Service Associate/Front Desk Recption (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAAugust 9, 2017
I have loved working here, getting top know all the good people. The clients were so nice. I learned a lot in the 5 years I have been here. I think the hardest part will to leave it.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Down sizing
This was a long-Term Temp Assignment
Administrative Assistant to Managing Directors (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2017
Typical Work day: As a floater I worked in many departments within Investment Banking.

What did I learn: Powerpoint and how to use American Express to process expense reports.

Management: was excellent, assignments given daily and time sheets were signed and submitted in a timely fashion every week.

Culture: Was friendly and team oriented.

The hardest part: becoming attached to working with a team then moving to another team.

Most enjoyable: Working in various departments.
Pros
Being a long-term temp
Cons
Not being eligible for benefits
No worklife balance
Senior Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 8, 2017
The environment is fact paced and operations are 24/7/365. Call Center associate shifts range from Monday to Friday to offering several 10 hour shifts to cover the weekends.
Typical Financial firm
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GAAugust 8, 2017
worked as a client service associate to a 5 member financial team, spoke with clients daily and took the many classes that were required at Morgan Stanley
Productive and fun office,
Investment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 7, 2017
Productive and fun office,

Learned how to sell the best products and services to client.

Based on quality and production resulted in a higher, more impressive title and office.
Pros
Office, Manager, Staff
Cons
Income
Professional employees and office
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 7, 2017
I've enjoyed working for Morgan Stanley. The office is professional and appealing. The compensation is comparatively better than most for starting in their FA program. It's a difficult business to progress and succeed but I think MS is a quality outfit.
Competitive - fast paced
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2017
Professional firm whose values include its' clients and employees. The company encourages and recognizes growth in its' employees. Opportunities to learn new responsibilities are readily available.
Good Organization
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 7, 2017
A great company to build your career. Lots of different departments to work in within the company. Very professional organization. Good opportunities to learn and obtain experience from others in the organization.
Pros
Great Company / Brand
Cons
Difficult to get hired