Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews

Found 1,388 reviews matching the search
Great Team Atmosphere
Manager, Compliance Officer/Anti-Money Laundering (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 15, 2016
I worked with a great team and a wonderful manager. We accomplished a lot with respect to the compliance of new products and built some really great relationships. I would have happily stayed with the company if it wasn't for the commute into the city.
good company
Receptionist -Administrative Operations Support (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 14, 2016
solid company to work for benefits are great. promotions are possible, nice working conditions. sometimes too much of a separation between management and staff
Great company to grow with
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 14, 2016
As an Intern I learned a lot about the financial industry and the everyday workings of a financial advisor. Management offered to train me and help me begin a career as a broker.
Not much of a culture
Senior Vice President (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 13, 2016
You must make it known that you want to get ahead to get ahead. I have not witnessed where managers step forward to help a career. They will do things for the benefit of the shareholder, nit necessarily for client or employee. Communication is limited. It is a standard kind of existence with very little innovation, it seems like they are just hoping not to get sued.
Friendly work enviroment
Technical Lead/ Sr. Java Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 13, 2016
Pros : Flexible work hours, friendly work environment. Encourage new approach for problem solving.
Cons : Not much of learning curve. Often too Hectic work.
Enjoyable
Personal artist/groomer to James Gorman, CEO (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2016
I have a great appreciation for my position as James Gorman's groomer and makeup artist for corporate videos in New York. The environment is friendly, professional and pleasant.
Best company I ever worked for
Financial Clerk/ Compliance/ Auditor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2016
I worked for them for 10 years and don't have not one bad thing to say about them. Managers were very helpful.... I advanced a lot while I were there. I hate my position moved to Baltimore :(
Pros
A lot of room for advancement
Cons
Nkne
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2016
Great place to work with very intelligent colleagues and at the forefront of the financial markets. You receive the best training and exposure to senior management and CEOs and CFOs all over the world.
Experience
Disbursement Associate & Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 7, 2016
While I enjoyed working for this company there weren't much opportunity to move up. Great place to start your career in the financial industry.
Worked Midnights
Senior Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 7, 2016
We were outsourced to another company owned buy MS and had to train them on how to do our jobs. Then we were out of a job. Worked Sunday nights alone not a good environment to work solo.
Pros
Not many.
Cons
Too many to list.
fun but serious
Financial Advisor Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 5, 2016
Everyone is hungry to make money and willing to help those that are hungry as well. Consist of great locations, great people and flexible work hours. Hardest part is studying a passing the series 7 and 66 test under pressure and with one chance.
A good company in all aspect
Senior Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2016
A good company, pretty formal, not bad in almost every aspect.
A big company, so what you feel depends on where you work and who you work for.
Good Employment
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 2, 2016
Morgan Stanley was a good work experience. The team there was supportive and good support staff. I have no complaints for the people there or the work environment as a whole.
Pros
Nice people and a positive work experience
Cons
Busy environment, challenging day to day work.
no business like the money business
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 1, 2016
The training program at Morgan Stanley is bar none. Going to the training facility in NJ provides a level of understanding of the business that you will not get any where else.
Stressful
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 29, 2016
The team was amazing very welcoming easy to work for. Everyone greatly appreciated all your hard work and dedication towards the company.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Short term internship
Great Place, Intellectual Organization
CA - Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brea, CANovember 29, 2016
A diverse set of employee interactions. The mood with environment lends a positive drive to work ethic. In the beginning, like anything, it was filled with uncertainty, but quickly inviting to build skills of growth.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
growth depends on personal ability
Good starting point for experience
Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 29, 2016
Very easy to get stuck within a team. Bonuses and raises are becoming less frequent. It is a good place to get some good experience to put on your resume as a young person.
Great company
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 29, 2016
I worked extremely hard at Morgan Stanley. I put in very long hours to get my department in good shape and was kindly rewarded for doing an excellent job
Great supportive environment
Complex Risk Officer/Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 28, 2016
Good place to work. Enjoy many people I work with. Still learning the job. Do not like working early morning hours though.
turnover is high
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2016
fast paced, touch environment to stay in, a lot of people leave
work hours are 9-6
The most enjoyable is to make some good friends over there
Pros
can learn a lot
Cons
too much layof

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Stanley. Our community is ready to answer.