Morgan Stanley

Morgan Stanley United States Employee Reviews

Great environment for interns
Financial Analyst Branch Intern (Former Employee), Garden City, NYMarch 23, 2015
Branch analyst program was set up as a learning yet hands-on environment. Proved to be a great opportunity for a finance-driven intern.
great company
Foreign Exchange Regulation W Analyst (Current Employee), new yorkMarch 22, 2015
Great company to learn and grow one's career with great people. Very diverse company that encourages mobility allowing one to diversify and expand their skill set.
Good people, bad culture
Employee (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 15, 2015
Pros: location is nice, office over looks the harbor
Cons: everything from hours, to culture, to technology, to growth within the company
Very educated people work at Morgan Stanley & diversity is huge! They have a tough interview process which does make you feel great when you get the offer, but the happiness ends there. Once you join the company it will take you years to advance, no work-life balance. Leadership is concerned more about protecting them then they are about encouraging employees to grow and develop. Everyday you hear about someone quitting or getting let go. The turn-over rate is insanely high, and once you join the company you will truly understand why. Would highly recommend going with another company, everyone is trying to leave asap.
Average work environment
Associate Trading Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 14, 2015
Working hours are not too long 8-5
Great coworkers
Not many perks
Great benefits
Never have to take work home with you.
Not many opportunities to earn more.
Great company.
QA Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 11, 2015
Great company to work around. Nice professional environment. great team worker and working environment. Fun place to work around
Great work environment to gain experience
Listed Derivatives Margin Control Director ISG (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 10, 2015
Pros: learn corporate life
Cons: hard to maintain work/ life balance
• Provide day to day margin support to Listed Derivatives Client Service Group such as authorization/ releasing of payments in SAFE and Collateral Management Team such as coordination of non-cash substitutions with clients
Great People
Asset Allocation Strategist (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 5, 2015
The people and culture make the firm.

Everyone tries to help further your career and professional knowledge.

Extremely smart and talented people.
Good company
Corporate Paralegal (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2015
I enjoyed my time at MS. However, I only worked as a temp. Once the assignment was over, I moved on. The NYC office dictates the work flow for ATL.
Morgan Stanley
SEC Regulatory and Compliance Attorney (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 4, 2015
Pros: working with groups when needed but being an individual
Cons: lack of potential upward mobility within the company and the benefit and pay structure
Morgan Stanley is a great company to work for and offers many departments for potential employment. On a normal day I will come into work anywhere from 7:00 am - 8:00 am and begin to log into my terminal and start on my projects for the day. The projects consist of reading current SEC regulations, reading current company policy, developing strategies and guidelines for employees to follow and then monitoring a wide range of company operations to ensure no violations put the company at risk.
The hardest part of my job is to make sure that I maintain and understanding of regulations, continue to learn about new regulations and coordinate with multiple departments within the firm in order to make sure that the policies that are being followed are protective the company and the employees.
Margin Trading Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 3, 2015
I like it because of the dynamic work place. It's fun. Prestigious. well paying. Lots of career potential. Not cutthroat at all.
Very good to junior people
Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 3, 2015
I think the bank stumbled well before the financial crisis taking a lemming-like approach to its balance sheet and earnings. I think it is better now but it might still have a "me-too" culture at the top, looking over its shoulder at Goldman and JPMorgan instead of thinking for itself.
Commod Ops Associate
Operations Associate (Current Employee), Purhcase OfficeFebruary 26, 2015
Great place to work when I started. Didn't stay that way the entire time. With the impending sale it is best I look to move on.
The atmosphere great. The enviroment is welcoming, and the employees and staff are wonderful individuals.
Operations Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 25, 2015
Everyday at Morgan Stanley was a learning experience. Each day I learned more and more about the Financial Operations field which I am deeply interested in pursuing a career in. A typical day at Morgan Stanley was busy and fast paced because of high volumes of work. Working their sharpened particular basic skills such as multitasking, completing deadlines, and performing in fast paced environments while making sure work is done accurately. The employees were caring, and willing to help me with anything or teach me anything i did not know no matter what department they were in. The hardest part of the job was completing high volumes of work accurately while meeting certain deadlines. The most enjoyable part was networking and being in the atmosphere of great people.
Worklife Balance
Senior Corporate Trainer/Consultant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: tuition reimbursement
Cons: lack of locations outside of ny
The company supports worklife balance and college assistance. I wish they had larger sites outside of New York. They have financial services offices, but not many other positions exist outside of NY that I'm aware of.
Call Center Environment
Finnancial Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: they provide a very good training period
Cons: starting time, breaks, lunch, and quitting time varies each day and you are expected to follow it exactly
The company requires you to be punctual to the minute and be available to take calls. I learned about the market and it's volatility. The hardest part of the job is your schedule is pre-planned to the minute for your start, break, lunch, and quitting time. You must follow it exactly, any deviance will reflect poorly on your job.
Morgan Stanley Financial Advisor
Financial Advisor Associate (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PaFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: training, management.
Cons: the benchmarks for new advisors
I believe that Morgan Stanley would be a fantastic destination for an active advisor to move a large book of clients. That being said, there is very little opportunity to succeed at Morgan Stanley for those who are building a business from scratch.
Operations
Senior Operations Analyst FX Client Service (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: mandatory two week vacation
Cons: overtime pay only half pay instead of time and a half
Found my career in MS Operations to be monotonous and limiting. Nature of the Ops department, but seemed they wanted mindless hamsters instead of talented go-getters.
Top professionals in the industry
Incident Management (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 22, 2015
Great place to work filled with top professionals in the industry. Many opportunities to learn from seasoned individuals in technology.
Investment Bank
Investment Banking Analyst (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Firm is too large to generalize based on one team. Investment banking teams work standard long hours and lack good culture.
Taking calls daily, fast pace enviroment.
Sr. Client Interaction Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: bad managers
Received inbound calls, provided stocks market priced daily, assist clients processing accounts online, trouble shooting if the online issue persistent to IT department, reset password. Processing debit cards and checks transactions, escalated to upper level if card need to increased balance and mailed card overnight in US or out of country, processing fraud transactions on cards and checks. Provided cost of securities and dated of purchased when 1099 tax issue.

About Morgan Stanley

One of the world's top investment banks, Morgan Stanley serves up a smorgasbord of financial services. The company operates in three primary – Read more

Morgan Stanley Salaries