Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews

Found 1,438 reviews matching the search
Ok Place
TAX MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYJanuary 26, 2017
When the economy tanked in 2008 - Huge lay Offs. Every company has three essential elements, Good IT system, Good Processes, and Helpful Management. The latter was a problem
Loved the Work Environment and Free Daily Lunch
Wealth Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 25, 2017
I really enjoyed working here! It was pretty fast paced which I liked and was expecting. The overall morale of some of the older FAs was down because of a lot of the new government changes in how Firms would do business in regards to retirement planning etc. etc. Sometimes you got the feeling that some FAs had no interest in the Firm or their roles.
Still that was no bother. I loved it until I failed the 7, then job over. Unfortunately those are the breaks in this industry.
Pros
Free Lunch, Networking, Salary
Cons
Study for the Series 7 day and night so you can keep your job!!!
Not my cup of tea.
Registered Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 25, 2017
I was kept busy, at times supporting 7 Financial Advisors, but I didn't have to work a lot of overtime. I was only as good as my last mistake, meaning, none of my contributions were recognized verbally or otherwise. I received no raises, no advancements and no share of the revenue for the Financial Advisors I supported. I felt like many of the support staff, that I was totally expendable and replaceable. Some people seemed to thrive in that environment. If you want the same job forever, at the same pay this might work for you. If you are ok with being treated like a second class citizen because you happen to be female, than this might be the company for you. If you value the quality of your work, want to advance into management, and feel like you should be able to afford to retire someday, I would keep looking.
Pros
good benefits, good time off, not much overtime.
Cons
very little advancement potential, very little income growth potential
Diversity is well represented.
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYJanuary 24, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of staff/project meetings.
The ability to manage multiple projects sucessfully.
Very diverse workplace.
Pros
MS offers a multitude of programs to assist with the elevation of employees from all levels.
Cons
Most female employees didn't receive/earn the same income levels as their male counterparts.
Excellent environment
Financial Training Program Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 23, 2017
Learned how to perform financial analysis and valuations. Also learned how to identify undervalued companies and implement investment strategies. The most enjoyable part of the job was managing and leading interns.
Great experience working within Asset Management
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2017
Great company to work for. Learned about the Asset Management business. I was very hands on as an IT Developer at the time. I worked to with multiple languages (Java, perl, shell, JSP) and had a great team which allowed me to grow and learn
Very professional place to work
Sr. Registered Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 22, 2017
I met many long lasting friends at Morgan Stanley. In my 10 years with Morgan Stanley there were many updated improvements to make things easier to assist our clients and to do our jobs. We had fun with pot lucks, Halloween and Christmas parties.
Pros
Making life long friends, great healthcare
Cons
Keeping up with all the changes
Great work from home experience and flexibility with my work hours.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 21, 2017
Great working environment with flexibility to work from home. The hardest part of the job is being on call especially on weekends. Great place to grow within the firm.
Isg tsg ld/otc
Associate Ops Specialist- Listed Derivative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 20, 2017
You develop at a fast pace, but pay does not match merit compared to industry. Really enjoy the ideas and the culture of giving back. I would recommend the job to anyone who feels bored in what they do
productive
SalesforceDeveloper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2017
good things
Great pay, full time positions, opportunity to advance in your career, management are very friendly, great work environment, friendly employees.
The challenges
Depending on what job youre doing, every job has its challenges but awards you with a job well done at the end of the day, either by a supervisor telling yo.
watch your back
Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2017
very political place.as with any large organization need to be working to please numerous bosses. competitive and cut throat culture (especially as you get closer to more senior level)
high pace, high energy
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 17, 2017
Supported a team of three Financial Advisors including the top producing Financial Advisor in the Tulsa branch.  Monitored and reconciled trades and transactions for multiple third party money managers.  Consolidated monthly statements for third party asset managers and employee benefit plan record keepers.  Prepared performance reports for employee benefit plan committees of corporate clients using spreadsheets, charts, graphs, and indices.  Maintained client and prospective client contact system.  Monitored and reconciled security transfers, restricted stock transactions, cash transfers, and third party distributions.
Wall Street Company
DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 14, 2017
Morgan Stanley offers opportunity for employment but doesn't necessarily pay to scale. Promotions and bonuses are based on click relations rather than effort
Pros
a place to work and learn
Challenging and tremendous learning opportunity
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2017
No work life balance and very competitive role. Everyone work very hard and don't take much vacation. The salary will decrease after first year by 10% a quarter until it's 100% commission after 36 months.
Pros
Ample of resources
Cons
100% commission after 3 years
Great company
Client Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Morgan Stanley. I learned a lot of things that I continue to use in my day to day life and for all future endeavors.
Just like any other job
Lead Data Architect / Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2017
Did not find anything special. They interviewed me in Sybase but I ended up doing DB2 and Teradata along with some Sybase. Laid off as a contractor in one day. Gave good severance when employed full time for only 11 months. Little job security..
Pros
Learn multiple tecnplogy.
Cons
No job security
Very Prodcutive and Great Hands on Experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 8, 2017
Performed typical intern duties along with researching companies to invest in and competitors with. My c0-workers were awesome and helped me with any task I had diffuclty in performing.
Good Company
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2017
This is a strong company with good leadership and comfortable work spaces. There are good benefits and salaries. There is also room for growth and advancement.
overall good experience
Ops Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2017
the work was challenging. which kept you engaged. no to much room for advancement in this field and especially at Morgan Stanley, which is the reason I left.
Fast pace and agile work environment
Director of FX Middle Office (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2017
This is a very well structured organization with the ability to pool resources to rapidly address any exposure to the integrity of the firm. The Morgan Stanley brand has long been synonymous with the Goldman Sachs and has separated itself as a leader in the financial services space.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Stanley. Our community is ready to answer.