Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews

Excellent Company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 20, 2015
Amazing people and terrific capable management have brought this company back from the recent financial market problems. Management with a vision, values and the grit to see them through are at the heart of their success.
big name company to have on your resume
Manager, Global Real Estate (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 18, 2015
Pros: Big name
Cons: support staff compensation is not good
big name company to have on your resume. however, it depends on what group you are working on, hard to say good or bad. support staff compensation is not good
Work Hard
Office Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 17, 2015
Pros: Work Life balance
Work hard, get recognized. Great work life balance. Team player, everyone is always will to help out. Great Company. The draw back is all about business at the end of the day. If you fit that mentality then you will do well.
Good people
Collateral Risk Management, Director (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 15, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: not lucrative
Supportive work- environment with ability to grow and develop. There are opportunities if you take them and good leadership. Unfortunately, unable to retain top talent due to inability to pay.
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 13, 2015
Pros: Not busy enough
Cons: No health care
assisted accounts payable. Managed the vacation/attendance calendar for the whole group.
Coordinate the interview process between management and new hire candidates.
Performed day to day administrative duties such as faxing, copying, typing letters
Very good to employees. Gave us breakfast or lunch 1 time a month
Funds Processing Clerk-Lockbox-For the NW Region. (Former Employee), Riverwoods, ILJune 11, 2015
Pros: We had parties for some holidays.
Cons: Sometimes we had to work holidays.
A very good place to work for.
I worked 8 hours a day, some overtime when needed.
I learned how to answer calls from branches about their
clients.
I got along good with my coworkers. We would get together
once in a while outside of work.
The hardest part of the job was getting outsourced.
I enjoyed getting my job done right.
Efficient and positive workplace
Job Shadow (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILJune 9, 2015
In this professional environment, everyone is very friendly regarding their work and personal lives. Observing their advanced knowledge, skills, and communication regarding finances and the stock market was extremely impressive.
Company gives employees opportunity to cross-train in other departments
Wealth Management Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 8, 2015
I started working for this company as an Administrative Assistant and quickly transferred into different departments and different job functions and was able to master whatever assignment given to me. As a quick learner and a self starter, on entering the office, I would immediately start working on various reports to ensure trades are settled on contract and accounts are reconciled. I quickly moved on to prepare other reports for management. I have learned that being able to work independently is an asset to management. I assisted my co-workers with their daily assignments to ensure issues are resolved in a timely fashion. The hardest part of my job is having to leave a task for the next day. However the most enjoyable part is being able to train new staff and assist where help is needed. I thoroughly enjoyed the work that I did at Morgan Stanley and the opportunities that I have been given to learn new task. My job was deployed to new regions outside the USA and I am now available to assist any corporation that will give me the opportunity to utilize my skills to help grow their business.
MS Short
Executive Director (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 8, 2015
Typical for an investment bank
Need to be able to meet or exceed aggressive business deadlines.
Exciting and challenging place to work.
Learned how to juggle multiple projects and work with multiple stakeholders.
Work can be very tedious
Analyst (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 8, 2015
Pros: Set schedule
Most of the task that you are given are remedial, but very important to the overall big picture but you are not given any credit. Its tough to stay motivated in that type of work enviorment
Summer Associate
Summer Associate, Investment Banking (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 7, 2015
Great experience. Long hours as expected, but learned a lot. Group of very intelligent bankers that help develop the junior staff.
Top Tier
Investment Performance Reporting Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 3, 2015
With over two trillion dollars in assets under management, Morgan Stanley is a top tier financial institution to work for.
Great Company
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Red Bank, NJJune 3, 2015
Pros: Management, training program
Cons: none
Supportive all around great company. Flexible work schedule, great training programs. Nice co-workers. Up to date technology
I have arrived
Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 3, 2015
Pros: life experience was amazing
Cons: Layoffs
This was my first corporate job and I was amazed how structured and organized it was. I was able to sharpen my computer skills. See how meeting are conducted and how the company operates.
Famous bank
Associate VP - Securitized Product Group (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 1, 2015
It is a great place for young people to grow their career. It gets great brand name and lots of things to learn from. In addition, it has great global network.
Results Driven
Product Specialist (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 31, 2015
Typical Day involves answering incoming phone calls from Financial Advisors and Client Service Associates.
Assist Finanical Advisors and Client Serivces Associates with navigating a mutual fund platform included performing maintenance and trading.
Troubleshoot error messages that may occur during the day.
review
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAMay 28, 2015
I was only apart of the training program for a year but overall i was not impressed with the company though over the years they have made many changes.
Busy, satisfied customer
Fax/Copier Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 28, 2015
Pros: Feeling like you were working with your family
Cons: Not being able to find a fax machine or copier
Providing customers with their fax/copier needs, inventory was extremely busy. I've learned to ask for help. Management was very strict and wanted things done a certain way. The coworkers that I worked with were all down to earth and very family oriented. The hardest part of my job was doing inventory where I had to go to all the departments and find all the fax/copier machines. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting my work done on a timely manner.
High Stress
Data Center Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 27, 2015
Pros: Good team work. Good support.
Cons: High stress.
Heavy workload. Great for overtime not great for work/life balance.
Stressful environment. Good checks and balances in place. Constant finger pointing and CYA. Good team work. Good support.
Hardworking and collegial environment
Vice President (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 26, 2015
Pros: Smart people, good benefits, access to very successful people
Cons: Long hours, ambiguous criterias
I am very happy with my experience at Morgan Stanley. I have learned all aspects about what goes into valuing a company. The workforce is very diverse and in general it is a very collaborative environment.