Morgan Stanley

Morgan Stanley Employer Reviews

Great place to further your career in financial industry.
Service Professional, Registered Representative (Current Employee), South Jordan, UTJuly 27, 2014
Had the opportunity to get Series 7 and 63 licenses. Great benefits.
First job - great place to start
Fixed Income Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJuly 27, 2014
I was in a back office role which was a great place to cut my teeth. Stayed for 18 months before moving on for better opportunities. Love the brand, still own the stock.
Morgan Stanley is a leader in the financial industry.
Vice President of Curriculum and Communications (Former Employee), South Jordan, UtahJuly 25, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities, good pay
Cons: none listed
Morgan Stanley is a leader in the financial industry. It provides employees many opportunities in a fast-paced and dynamic industry.
Severe lack of work life balance
Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 24, 2014
Pros: thorough training programs.
Cons: lots of hours, severe lack of work-life balance, poor compensation
Daily Responsibilities:

Perform trade capture, trade enrichment, trade confirmation, and position reconciliation: manage processes in the life cycle of a trade from deal capture to the final settlement, and identify and resolving trading breaks from discrepancies dealing with security information such as, trading date and settlement date, executed – more... quantity, taxes, commission, prices and settlement locations.

Initiate data mining, business analysis, modeling/reporting and documentation: prepare and compile daily/weekly/monthly metric dashboards, to ensure that thorough business analysis is performed and that accurate business requirements are documented in accordance with banking regulation and internal policy.

Test technology systems, use systems effectively and efficiently to mitigate risk, and develop strong relationships with IT colleagues to design, develop and test/implement technology platforms to deliver solutions to business requirements.

Collaborate with team members of all levels and departments to complete discrepencies; share market and systems knowledge; develop best practice methodologies and approaches for business analysis; and issue follow up and escalation.

Develope relationships with clients (i.e., Counterparties, Traders, Organization, Legal, Credit, IT and Controllers): while understanding the priorities of stakeholders to ensure that business needs are met, while protecting client confidentiality, as well as addressing ad-hoc requests in a timely fashion. – less
Morgan Stanley Financial Training Program
Intern - Morgan Stanley Financial Training Program (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 24, 2014
I have been very pleased with my experience as a Finance Intern at the Morgan Stanley Financial Training Program. I enjoyed learning finance fundamentals from the Senior VP of Global Wealth.
Learned the basis of investing in the stock market
Finanncial Training Program Intern (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: the vice president is super nice and is great to network
Cons: lots of assignments
Everyday we learned different stock market techniques from our Vice President of Global Wealth and then we had workshops that delved into those. We had several side projects in conjunction with our stock market assignments to understand the workings of the economy and the stock market. The hardest part of the job was the late hours after a long day – more... of class. The most enjoyable was learning about the stock market while making new friends! – less
Worst Career Decision
Executive Compensation Trader (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 23, 2014
Poor culture, no advancement, poor leadership......
The list could go on and on and on
Great Learning pool, warm and friendly work environment
Mutual Fund Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 21, 2014
Pros: free coffee and incentive awards
Cons: outsourcing entire areas offshore
A typical day log into call center or if reconciling uploading your fund descrepancies for the day.
I learned how to utilize a variety of new system applications, also had the capabilities to cross train into new areas.
Overall co-workers were friendly made some life long friends.
Hardest part of the job when working in the call center is the large – more... call volume.
The most enjoyable part was being able to resolve a huge issue for a financial advisor and/or client – less
okay but there is a chance you may get fired at anytime
Client Service Center Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 20, 2014
this job is all about who you know! the turnover rate is pretty high. chance for promotion is not based on merit but who you know.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Toms River, NJJuly 20, 2014
good day of work, good people, management is weak
co workers are awesome, goals are a bit crazy
Really did enjoy my job.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Boise, Idaho 83702July 19, 2014
Pros: great company and personnel.
Cons: i was laid off.
I really enjoyed working at Morgan Stanley and I wish I was still employed there.
Great company
Client Services Associate (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLJuly 16, 2014
Compensation is not great
culture have to get use to
Great company
Great place to learn and push your limits
Regional Credit Transaction Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 15, 2014
Pros: great place to push yourself
Cons: no place for growth
Working at Morgan gave me the ability to push my limits and learn new ways of to look at non conforming loans. I was the top underwriting producer and ran the largest pipeline MS had in the nation.
Overal "Fair " Company
Divisional / Regional Assistant to Directors (Current Employee), Short Hills, NJJuly 14, 2014
Pros: variations of projects
Cons: unstability
A typical day is never the same as the job consists of various hats, from on-boarding, budgeting, event planning, processing expense and travel to project management.
Ok
Client Portfolio Analyst (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 10, 2014
White shoe firm, good pay, bennies. Cool to tell girls you work @ MS.
Productive and competitive place to work.
Analyst, Institutional Securities Group (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2014
Morgan Stanley has a great culture and incredible people to work with. In two years I have been given opportunities to advance and learn from extremely intelligent people who are always willing and receptive to help.
Good Work/Life Balance
GWM Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2014
Being a part of a large firm allowed me to explore and learn different areas of the business. Management has been great with every group. Overall, the firm is a great place to build your professional career while meeting some great people along the way.
Great Starting Job, Tough for Real Advancement
Senior Service Representative (Current Employee), South Jordan, UTJuly 7, 2014
Pros: good work environment, good compensation for this type of job.
Cons: no real raises and very hard to get real advancements that pays more.
The section I worked at was the call in Service Center. It is a good pay for a starting job. People call in for help with information, logging on to the site, help with cards and checks as wells as many other general items.

I gained skills and responsibility in the hopes of job security, advancement, and better pay, such as Series 63 and series 7 licencing – more... as well as worked tax questions. There were not any real significant pay raises even after taking on these responsibilities. Any "advancement" to another department was a "lateral move" and didn't really increase pay. The only way to make more funds was to either switch to the night team, as I did, or to work over time, if it ever was available.

Expect it to be a good call center job with all that entails from that. – less
great place
Financial Advisor Intern (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 7, 2014
Pros: fun environment
Cons: no pay (internship)
had a lot of fun learning the basics of financial services, very short hours, pretty simple for an entry level internship
professional working experience
Financial Training Internship (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: nice building
Cons: not really a work
If this is how much you can learn from an internship, you should apply now. First of all, training is the most important part in this internship. Learn stocks, market, bonds and SSN.

About Morgan Stanley

One of the world's top investment banks, Morgan Stanley serves up a smorgasbord of financial services. The company operates in three primary – Read more

Morgan Stanley Photos