Morgan Stanley

Morgan Stanley United States Employee Reviews

Great place to grow your knowledge
Client Reporting Analyst (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: great work environment
Morgan Stanley was a fantastic place to work and had better benefits. The unlimited investment information was more educational than any degree you could obtain. Overall my experience was great but upper level management had no consideration for lower level employees.
Morgan Stanley
Finance Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 5, 2015
Morgan Stanley is a very good place to intern with friendly employees who will not hesitate to help you out, especially if you're an intern.
Productive and a great learning exprerience.
Wealth Management Internship (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TexasFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: long lunch, free lunch, meeting nice clients
Cons: no healthcare
My one year internship at Morgan Stanley was very beneficial to me in learning the finance culture along with how a corporate office environment works. My co-workers were very helpful in teaching me all the in and outs of the finance industry. The Vice President I interned for has been very helpful and supportive.
Productive group of fun, young professionals!
Stock Plans Administrator (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: managements open door policy
Cons: lack of training and/or knowledge
*Arrive early before others to get a head-start on assignments
*Learned about stock transactions, domestic & foreign
*Managers were always hands on
*Co-workers were all team players
*Hardest part of the job was not having answers for our clients
*Most enjoyable part of the job was receiving an e-mail from our clients telling us how much they appreciate all our hard work
Very good intern experience
Intern (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: very diverse company
Great experience with the internship while gaining valuable insight into financial markets. Managers and co-workers took an interest in growth and development.
Agency Loan Administrator
Agency Loan Administrator (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 1, 2015
Provide administrative and operaional support for lenders, borrowers, investors, and participants of syndicated loans.
very fast paced environment with good breaks in between.
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: monthly metrocard, health insurance and sometimes with free food.
Cons: fellow employees not doing their fair share of work.
It was a very fast paced environment. We were always very busy. But we got breaks to make sure that we were relaxed. Mailing packages with a inventory of what's in them and dealing with customers about the status of their packages was the main part of it. We did Morgan Stanley mailings both domestic and international as well. A lot of heavy typing was involved.
Great Job if requirements are met
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Salisbury, MDJanuary 27, 2015
Tough performance goals for the first 3 years, but if those are met then your success is in your hands. Requires alot of prospecting and generating own leads, no sales assistance is given. Good compensation, commission percentage increases with growth.
Productive and relaxed workplace
Financial Controller (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 27, 2015
At Morgan Stanley my daily responsibilities include producing reports reflecting the profit and loss of different traders in the foreign exchange market. I also provide other metrics and analysis based on requests from regulatory bodies and other management in Morgan Stanley. I have learned many different things about the market and different financial products and how the traders use these products to manage risk and generate a profit.
Good opportunities in Risk
Vice President (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: professional work colleagues
Cons: should seek more opportunities to increase work life balance
Good opportunities in Risk, and other cross functional areas.
good
consultant (Former Employee), new york, nyJanuary 26, 2015
      Support critical low latency trading applications used by equity DMA division, and external buyside clients, i.e. Morgan Stanley PASSPORT
•       Install PASSPORT UI component on external client servers and help troubleshoot UI functionality errors
•       Proactively monitor real-time processes, connections, and trade flows via FIX gateway, Algos and SORs
•      Work with OMS and EMS to trace child orders and find missing fills
•       Notifying the business unit of system issues or failures, and also for documenting wikipages for team knowledge base
•       Develop SQL queries on demand for troubleshooting and trade reporting purposes on sybase
•       In-depth research of FIX reject messages with understanding of equity and derivative trading concepts for cash equities, futures, swaps, and options
•       Create UNIX shell scripts and Perl scripts to improve system monitoring and business functionalities.
•       Liaise with external vendors/clients to resolve trading problems with FIX protocol rejects
•       Work with business users to for order management system usability
•      Gather exchange requirements for connectivity setup with updated FIX versions
Strong Wealth Management Platform
EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 25, 2015
Typical work day is 7:30-5PM
Engage daily with some of the top wealth managers in the industry
Create cross asset class solutions for clients
Aggressive revenue targets
Firm has gone through a real transition post the financial crisis. After a series of layoffs, merger with Smith Barney etc, the culture has suffered. Management has not done a great job repairing it though employees amongst themselves are attempting to change it.
Great Place to Work
Registered Associate (Current Employee), Roseville, CAJanuary 25, 2015
My typical day consists of greeting and communicating with clients and prospects and assisting my Financial Advisor with tasks she needs completed, including: paperwork and inputting of information, portfolio/account analysis and review, coordination of events, and placing of trades as requested. I thoroughly enjoy my time here because of all the opportunities I have had to learn and grow in the financial industry. Also, the colleagues I get to interact with on a daily basis are great; they are always working together to assist and teach each other those things which they may be more sufficient at.
Good learning
Senior Developer - Mainframe (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Had experience on wealth management and had couple of certifications.
Unlucky Timing
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: beautiful office location
Cons: lack of leadership
I joined the advisor training program at Morgan Stanley in January of 2007. I chose Morgan Stanley because of the mentor that would train me. My mentor left the firm the week I passed my series 7, followed by my branch manager. Circumstances led to no leadership/guidance as a new advisor.
Good company, great co-workers, excellent salary/benefits
Field Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Purchase, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: salary, co-workers, onsite amenities
Good company, great co-workers, excellent salary/benefits
EXCELLENT COMPANY AND WELL RESPECTED
INTERN (Former Employee), Great Neck, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Everyone seems to enjoy it here and has the right balance between fun and productivity. If you want to enjoy your life, working here is a good place to start. I quickly learned how to adapt in a results-driven environment. Every single employee is willing to help and extend their expertise. Even as the company expands rapidly, the atmosphere is fun and exciting.
Morgan Stanley was a great opportunity for advancement.
Manager - Processing & Document Control (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great work environment
Cons: turnover for operations team
I was with Morgan Stanley for 25 years and enjoyed the culture and the opportunities for advancement. I started as a Receptionist and left as an Operations Manager.
Good place to start your career
Associate/Section Head (Former Employee), Jersey City, New JerseyJanuary 16, 2015
Overall enjoyable place to work, and was a good place to enter into the financial world. The benefits were surprisingly great, I did not expect to be able to start with 4 weeks vacation.
Good company to work
Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 13, 2015
Great work culture. Good team to work and learn . Great work life balance.

About Morgan Stanley

One of the world's top investment banks, Morgan Stanley serves up a smorgasbord of financial services. The company operates in three primary – Read more

Morgan Stanley Salaries

$220,000 per year
Executive Assistant
$65,000 per year

Morgan Stanley Photos

The Morgan Stanley Grad Training Program (via Abhishek_Kumar on Flickr)