Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews

Found 1,679 reviews matching the search
Incredible place to work
Compliance Analyst - (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 5, 2017
In the typical day I was working in the review for the files in accounts during the transition Credit Suisse--> Morgan Stanley, reviewing all the documentation needed to migrate accounts.
Pros
Excellent people
Cons
Contract Position
good environment
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 5, 2017
Entrepreneurial environment. Good management.
Compensation is fee based and commissions. FAA program was very rigorous and very low rate of success.
Not a lot of collaboration.
Pros
people
Cons
compensation
No comment
Policies and Procedures Compliance Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 2, 2017
I met and worked with some cool people; others were a bit more awkward. It was a flexible working environment for me as I worked as a temp, but it did not seem so flexible for the permanent workers. I think that was the culture; they seemed to prefer for people to actually work in the office. Overall, I'd say it was an interesting work experience.
Pros
Flexible work schedule when needed
Cons
As a temp worker there were no affordable healh benefits
Fast-pace work life
Sales & Trading (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 30, 2017
Luck to be part of sales and trading winter analyst program and get to know the capital markets, particularly on the equity and cater to institutional equity division.
Developed knowledge and insights of the investment world.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 29, 2017
Developed knowledge and insights of the investment world. Competed in a three-month long stock market competition where we developed our knowledge of market orders, options strategy, and ETFs.
Pros
Great learning experience
No Work Life Balance
Project Manager - Fixed Term Contractor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2017
Difficult management with zero job stability. Office was in a great location and lots of nice people; however, my boss would fail to show up to critical meetings.
Family-Oriented and great workplace
Summer Retail Financial Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJune 28, 2017
Throughout this experience I have learned how to assess a client's personal finances through their Morgan Stanley profile and the benchmarks we compared them to (S&P500, MSCI World, etc.). Additionally I used my excel skills to help the team with 401K termination dates, Global large cap earnings estimates and much more. Everyday I was learning and it shaped what I wanted to be heavily. The culture was amazing. We were one big family and were able to take risks and be aggressive with our own ideas.
take care of employees
College Intern (Former Employee) –  West Conshohocken, PAJune 26, 2017
great company to work for. they really take care of employees. i learned a lot from everyone who worked there. definitely would recommend working for this company.
T and E reports
Data Entry/ Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 26, 2017
I would communicate with they employees eemail .. and request their expense report.

I would first separate the report by regions, I would then would have to code them correctly to charge the proper dept.. and finally enter the info on the report into the system.. so the employees would be reinbursed
Pros
was a friendly atmosphere
good people to work with
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 23, 2017
good people working there..very nice..supportive..nice to work for..But they merge with another Financial group, and some employee's were let go.. I would have liked to work there just a little longer with the good people..
Pros
good people to work for
Cons
I would've liked to work for another 2-3 yrs..
Good Learning Experience
Regional Risk and Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 21, 2017
MS is great at developing talent, I am an example of this and also took part in the process of developing my peers. The company culture is great, not sure if it's because I'm now located in the South vs NYC, but I enjoy their work/life balance.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Benefits are not as good as Blackstone Group
Operations
Risk Management Specialist- Outgoing Transfers (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 21, 2017
Finance operations is always looking to outsource all jobs. Job security is scarce. Mngt is always hiring temps over full time employees. Training is just shadowing.
Pros
standard benefits
Cons
underpaid, overtime
internship in gwm
Intern in wealth mngt. (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2017
great place to work. structured training that is result driven. no backoffice stuff here. you will learn about the wealth management business and get a great name on your resume
Pros
all
Productive and Friendly
Security Settlements Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 19, 2017
Morgan Stanley offers a very welcoming environment consisting of a friendly, collaborative staff. Together we are productive and energetic. We can go from being immersed in our work one minute to joking around the next.
Wealth Management
Wealth Management Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2017
Make sure you do research on the team you work for before you take the position. Do not take a position without agreeing on compensation because its tough to get after the fact.
Pros
Working for well known company
Great family atmosphere and meeting clients and assisting them with their financial needs.
Senior Service Associate and Lead Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 18, 2017
Spending time with your work family is a meaningful feeling.
Assisting the Business Service Manager in all operational functions and supporting services on a daily basis.
The atmosphere of the office is a very happy place and it is a great feeling to be apart of the team.
A good place to work.
Vice President/Senior Technical Lead/ Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2017
I enjoyed working at Morgan Stanley during my career. However, the last few years were the most stressful. Overall I had a good time at Morgan Stanley, the work was enjoyable and challenging.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Wellesley Hills, MAJune 16, 2017
A typical day at work included filing and labeling old client files into better organized systems, which entailed learning what all the files meant (for example, the difference between a 401k and a 529). If there was more urgent business, including birthday cards to address, affiliated companies to call and check in with, or client information to update on the computer, I would perform those tasks when given to me.
While the hardest part of the job was the endless files that were physically a mess and, many times, filled with information that was unnecessary, the warm environment of my coworkers, with their kindness and jokes, made every second of my work fun and entertaining.
nice and friendly working environment
Senior Manager - Listed Derivative Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2017
Management encourage cross training and team work. Team member will each other when some one in team is super busy.
We get along very well with all stakeholders that allow us resolved issue quicker and easier.
Pros
Free tea and coffee in the office
Professional and productive place to work with great coworkers.
Paralegal/ Junior Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2017
A typical day working for Legal and Compliance would start off with going over important documents and contracts that is pivotal to Morgan Stanley. The department is very professional where meetings take place often to go over progress and operations to keep employees updated and informed. Friendly culture from employees where you really have freedom to get the task done in your own professional workspace. Morgan Stanley employees have their own cafeteria, with many choices of food to choose from and great people who prepare/serve the food out for us.
Pros
Free coffee/tea, free lunches on certain occassions, birthday cupcakes
Cons
Many temporary projects and contracted workers