Morgan Stanley

Morgan Stanley Employer Reviews

Great professional experience and fun place to work
IT consultant (contract) (Former Employee), New YorkJune 3, 2014
Pros: good relationships with co-workers
Cons: deployment/project delivery overhead
Overall Morgan Stanley is a good place to work. learned a lot about working with our business partners and management. had excellent relationship with managers and co-workers. hardest part of the job is administrative work around the project, spending a good amount of time working on non-developmental issue regarding project delivery and release management – more... and enterprise services. most enjoyable part of the job was the location - I have worked the same building for nearly 20 years in 3 different companies – less
Overall, MS is a great place to launch a career in financial services!
Vice President, Business Risk Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 2, 2014
Overall, MS is a great place to launch a career in financial services!
Very professional and well respected
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 30, 2014
The team setting was really great. I got to know my direct co-workers well and develop good relationships
Fun place to work
VP/HR Manager Operations (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 29, 2014
Morgan Stanley is a good place to work. Its forever changing, but a very warm and friend place (in HR that is).
Please are very nice, and have a family like environment.
Wonderful Experience
Financial Advisor Associate (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIMay 27, 2014
Pros: great training
Cons: long hours
Great training program and support for obtaining securities licenses
Excellent talent and sharp group of individuals.
Associate Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 27, 2014
Pros: lateral and vertical movement plausible
Cons: long hours
A great team and a good solid staff. You will learn more about the firm and general corporate culture.
Excellent Company
Executive Director (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 24, 2014
Requires hard work and dedication but will be reworded with advancement and monetarily if deserved. The hardest part of the job is the hours and stress that comes with the dedication.
Great environment
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAMay 23, 2014
Pros: job compensation, good pay increases
Cons: no complaints
I really enjoyed working at this job always things to do which were not very repetitive. I like helping clients and resolving their issues. I was well compensated by my Financial Advisors for the job I did for them. It was a very pleasant environment.
Behemoth of a company with little personal touch
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 22, 2014
It was a decent transitional period job, but the work environment was not to my liking. Constantly felt like I was just another numbered cog and had little personal touch.
Very busy work schedule with long hours.
Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 19, 2014
Pros: good experience.
Cons: growth.
A typical day would be manage and assigning approximately 250-500 incoming emails to various team members. Liaise with claims team located in Glasgow regarding risk global risk. Supervise the Hybrid products process consisting of continually increasing number of products. Create various reports including BD trade failures, Baltimore account balancing – more... and email activity.Perform various ad hoc projects including validating failing trades and dividend reinvestment and train new analyst and temporary employees various dividend processes. I have learned to multitask at a very high pace, work efficiently under pressure, use time management and importance to organize task throughout the day and to lead by and teach by example. My co- workers are learning and becoming stronger members of the team daily. We work as a team to bring down risk and keep clients happy by close of business each day. The hardest part of the job is the hours spent as I begin work at 8AM and close at 6PM. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning an existing process and modifying the process to make it easier and less time consuming for future employees. – less
Very professional Culture
Professional Training Consultant (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYMay 19, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Excellent firm to work for as well as a professional environment and great working culture.
Amazing company to work for
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee), Northbrook, ILMay 18, 2014
In my years at Morgan Stanley i learned so much and had a wonderful working experience.
Senior Programmer Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 16, 2014
The days were productive and; I enjoyed working with my counterparts. The teams I worked with were cohesive and professional.
Productive place to work
Desktop Support/Desktop Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 15, 2014
I learned new skills and great place to work. Worked with a great team that is filled with talented people that are ready and willing to share knowledge.
Family like culture
Senior Account Representative (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 14, 2014
Great company to work for! The environment was easy going and management treated us like family.
typical large corporation
Business Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 14, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: 9 hour days at least
Large company with very good benefits. Year to Year compensation increases not so good.
Overall not bad if you like the large company atmosphere.
Professional Work Environment
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Northfield, NJMay 14, 2014
The administrative staff is very helpful and attentive. Helping clients achieve their goals is rewarding.
A very professional atmosphere
Client Tax/Cost Basis Analyst (contract) (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 8, 2014
Pros: coffee
Cons: heathcare
A very professional atmosphere for anyone entering the finance industry
Developed & created Test Cases & helped in manual testing .
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILMay 6, 2014
Responsible for tested loan approvals for compliance with company policies and guidelines; evaluated credit risk. Conduct required underwriting procedures for all secured loan applications.
Great place to learn and develop skills
Financial Analyst-Legal and Compliance Division (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 5, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: job insecurity
Good place to learn and develop skills. Co workers were nice and very helpful. Unfortunately, the company has poor job-security. I survived two layoffs.

About Morgan Stanley

One of the world's top investment banks, Morgan Stanley serves up a smorgasbord of financial services. The company operates in¬†three¬†primary – Read more