Morgan Stanley

Morgan Stanley Employer Reviews

Very good env
Technology & Communication Project - Manager (Former Employee), new yorkNovember 30, 2014
Technology & Communication Project - Manager
• Managed and administered Field services group technology
• Worked directly with Sales force developers and enhanced system according to needs
• Worked with entitlement department ensuring entire desk had proper entitlements
• Performed checkout to ensure integrity of complete environment and troubleshot servers
• Worked with network groups to resolve complex connectivity issues involving multiple VLANs
• Worked directly with Avaya vendors and implemented changes to current platform
• Worked on UNIX platform to maintain and secure current infrastructure
• Worked on SQL database to input Avaya speech database
• Maintained and secured speech recognizer server and supported AVP
• Performed the Data Migration from regular desktop environment to Virtual machine
Summer Financial Intern
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 23, 2014
Pros: helpful people in the workplace always willing to answer your questions.
Cons: due to status as an intern, there was a limit as to how much you can contribute
As a financial intern I was able to report to professionals in the industry who have experience dealing with high net individuals. Most of the days involved building vast amounts of spreadsheets that helped communicate key metrics in terms of leverage and other classifications. An eagerness to learn is appreciated here and it leads to harder projects which ultimately builds your own skills.
Many intelligent and hard working people
Basel III Reporting, Senior PM - Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 22, 2014
Many intelligent and hard working people working towards a common goal. Good teamwork across the board. A typical workday includes team meetings, reviews along with some time to focus on analysis.
Accounting Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 19, 2014
The firm has continually broken new ground in advising our clients on strategic transactions, in pioneering the global expansion of finance and capital markets, and in providing new opportunities for individual and institutional investors. Click below to see a timeline of Morgan Stanley's growth, which parallels the history of modern finance.
Vauable Training available
Corporate Finance Analyst (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 17, 2014
Great environment with training opportunity for individuals within the company.
Not a good place for college graduate
Sourcing Analyst (Full-Time) (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 16, 2014
Pros: many versions of milk in their pantry
Morgan Stanley doesn't foster a culture of innovation. Their policies are traditional, and management is allergic to change.
Professional, friendly and fast paced environment
Receptionist (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 15, 2014
A typical day at work was getting in ahead of the crowd and beginning the tasks which were most time sensitive for that day. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. I appreciated the support and contact I had with them. The hardest part of my job was when an unplanned assignment came up and time was short. It would be then that I realized how important it was to plan for the time sensitive tasks for that day. Though, the unplanned assignment was always completed and well done, it became a bigger challenge in a short time frame. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with and meeting other employees from different departments. I enjoyed learning new skills which I could incorporate into my position.
good place to work at
Jr Project Manager -PMO - Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 13, 2014
A Qualified IT graduate with comprehensive knowledge of Product lifecycles, Analysis, MS Excel, Access, Project, Crystal reports, SQL, Powerpoint,etc . I am a quick learner with excellent team work abilities and can meet tight deadlines. Possess excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving and team management skills. Possess excellent eye for design, creative and very eager to learn. In all my previous jobs I have worked as a Business Analyst whereby my main role was to act as a liaison between Business and technology, providing solutions to business/technology teams, reporting on the progress of the projects, escalating at risk milestones to senior management, collecting and documenting requirements for various projects.
Good Place to work.
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VANovember 10, 2014
Was only an intern there for a summer. Great location downtown, good people to work with. Highly Flexible schedule.
QAPM Engineering Support
Quality Assurance Project management(QAPM) (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 10, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: lack of people level communication from management
Morgan Stanley is a global company. Support teams are located all over the world. The firm has created a technical infrastructure that is solely specific to their environment requiring new employees to undergo specific technical training to be functional in their technical roles. This is a good thing for in the long term for employees but for consultants the time required to be functional in their jobs usually is 6 months or greater and they typically go off contract within a year or more and have not really gained transferable skills to their next assignment.
Enjoyed years working in one of the world's premier IT shops.
Associate (Former Employee), Oakbrook Terrace, ILNovember 7, 2014
Pros: latest technology, enthusiastic workers, good pay
Cons: burn-out is optional. not encouraged, but achievable if your'e not careful.
Morgan Stanley is the "Premier global financial services firm dedicated to being investors’ first choice," and everything about the organization reflects this ethic, and the challenges faced.

I was privileged to work for many years with the best and brightest in Information Technology, and the skills I learned allowed me to establish my own company, Results Matter, Inc.
Excellent environment, Smart people
Senior Developer, Order Management System (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 6, 2014
Excellent environment, Smart people
-------------------------------
Love the company and people
Global Wealth Management Operations Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 6, 2014
Great company to work for. Amazing corporate culture. Challenging projects. Very intellectual colleagues.
Developed Project Manaement experience while at Morgan Stanley
PROJECT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 2, 2014
Pros: good opportunity for me to develope as a project manager
Cons: positon required lots of late night and weekend support
As part of PMO, I participated in many projects and day to day service delivery. Projects included , training the trainer for the account along with upgrades, and roll outs. I got lots of experience in Vendor Management and Client relations . The PMO provided support for U.S. , including Alaska , Hawaii and Puerto Rico
Excellent Management
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 30, 2014
Furthered career in financial planning under excellent leadership and guidance. Learned the essentials of asset allocation and diversification in order to produce sound and structured financial plans for individual clients.
Brokerage
Client Associate (Former Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 30, 2014
Morgan Stanley was a good company to work for with great people.
Very enjoyable
FAA (Former Employee), Palm BeachOctober 30, 2014
Big company with benefits.....employee friendly.

Structure and compensation very similar to competitors.
NA
Intern / Part time Job (Former Employee), Livonia, MIOctober 29, 2014
Not much to say, I was glad when I left. Very high turn over in the office.
Controller Analyst consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 29, 2014
Pros: challenging place
Cons: long hour work
Good place to work. Dynamic and challenging. Time management skill must needed. Co-workers are great. Strong management.
Unbelievable Work Experience
Summer Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 28, 2014
Learned about the investment process and sales side of wealth management.

About Morgan Stanley

One of the world's top investment banks, Morgan Stanley serves up a smorgasbord of financial services. The company operates in three primary – Read more

Morgan Stanley Photos