Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews

Great Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2016
-Great company
-Good pay
-Great culture and willing to help. In particular as a back office accountant trying to transition into the front, every IBD, Credit and Research guy I reached out to offered their time and assistance and was very helpful.
-Internal mobility strongly encouraged
-Honest and helpful superiors.

- Hard to move into front office but that's to be expected.
Pros
see above
Cons
see above
Great Mobility Opportunies/ Very Career Focused
Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 6, 2016
Depending on what department you work in, Morgan Stanley can be very high stressed. They have however great mobility opportunities . They are very career focused. At the end of the day, it all boils down to what team you are on. This company is very serious and has very high standards. Each team has a different culture .
Pros
great mobility opportunities
Cons
high stress
Stocks and investments
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 20, 2016
First big job out of college. Thought is was my dream job, however, found out it is pretty cut throat within the office and very high stress. Was a good learning experience for me, just wasn't for me as a career.
Pros
Full of energy and very loud work environment, first hand view of how money makes money
Cons
A very threatening culture, not perfomance based for promotion, Full time means somewhere around 80 hours/week (salery - no overtime)
Assistant
Broker Trainee (Former Employee) –  New YorkOctober 3, 2015
Nice company, trying hard to push to be the best. Quality people and management. There is a good opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Atmosphere
excellent position and work place
Tech Training (Current Employee) –  Easton, OHAugust 22, 2016
I love the people and the environment, and the work is the best part. I enjoy working as tech support and assisting people with their day to day problems. I also enjoy the challenge the position provide on a daily basis, and how I have to do research at times to gain knowledge and teach the users how to use the programs used by the firm, including Microsoft Office.
Director, Private Wealth Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2016
The work life balance is the best out of any company I've ever worked for! MS really cares that you're able to have a life outside of work. The compensation was okay, but the benefits were great. Management has an open door policy and they take great pride in that. The job culture was wonderful and diverse...leaving so many people to learn from.
Pros
Dynamic culture
Cons
Non
Not the best place for a career
Registered Client Consultant (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTSeptember 4, 2016
The CAC is where I work and have worked from day one. The culture /moral is poor. Management is unwilling to listen or support anyone but their own. They will even block anyone from moving to another dept. The pay is reasonable until you want a pay increase. They will say no raises department wide and then give them to management.
Excellent and enjoyable Job Culture
Wealth Management - AML Investigations Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2016
In a typical day, my colleagues and I work as a team to clear great high periods of escalated volume.
I have learned to work as a team, to communicate effectively with management and to be dependable at times of great workload.
I enjoy going out with my colleagues on the weekends after a busy week.
Steady company with deep resources.
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 28, 2016
While there is nothing horribly negative about the company there is also a distinct lack of culture, a fragmented since of camaraderie, and lots of top down inititives that are questionably communicated. It tends to be a vanilla experience that will never truly excite or infuriate you.
Pros
Well established
Cons
Shareholder focused
Productive and Interactive environment
Global Voice Product Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 28, 2016
Interactions with multiple technology groups and businesses. The majority of the business is in New York, but a large amount of peers work in London and Asia Pac offices. Morgan Stanley technology provides many intuitive internally developed applications which provide significant user value and require attention when the user environment changes. There are a lot of good people there who have the same common interests, to provide a quality product.
Learning Experience
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2016
I interned for Morgan Stanley for 10-months. Enjoyed the learning environment and the many supportive employees. Certain employees, however, were unprofessional and unappreciative. Was admired by my team, but unable to acquire full-time position... or even a professional response from the hiring manager.
Pros
Encouraging, fast-paced environment
Cons
Instances of disrespect
Financial Services
Wealth Adviser (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 22, 2016
You have meaningful goals. Our Financial Advisors can help you reach them. For nearly 80 years, we have worked with individuals, families, businesses and institutions—to deliver services and solutions that help build, preserve and manage wealth. We understand our clients’ aspirations, and we’re as devoted to their goals as they are
Enjoyed working for Morgan Stanley for all my years
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2016
Started my day a in the morning greeting guest and answered phone calls and made appointments for conference rooms. I was a team player throughout the years and got a long with my co-workers. I enjoyed my job very much and was treated well in the company.
N/a
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2015
Good company to work for, excellent benefits. The most enjoyable part of my job was working alongside my colleagues. Unfortunately, as a result of a relocation I lost my position with the firm.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Positive Experience
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLApril 27, 2016
Analyzed portfolios with several advisers to gain an understanding of modern portfolio management theory with respect to numerous different strategies ;
Made pitches on potential additions to equities and fixed income portions of team’s portfolios ;
Designed client presentations for new financial advisers to assist in the group’s acquisition of new clients ;
Updated compliance records for satisfactory results of internal office audits
Wealth Management - It's what you can make of it
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2016
It's what you can make of it. If you build a large enough book, have nice clients, and team where everyone gets along, you're golden. If you have a hard time bringing in assets, have difficulty with investment performance, and/or have issues with your partners, it can be soul sucking.
Excellent company, management is very understanding to your needs and they back you up 100% on any issue
Word Processing Operator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 4, 2015
This company was one of the best companies to work for. The learning experience was superb. I was able to use all the office skills and knowledge to do the required work.
Pros
Benefits, Schedules, Mgmt. Support, Gained Knowledge
Cons
Had to commute 40 miles to get to work on public transport due to hardship in parking
Employes are always willing to share their knowlege and resources. Most employees are friendly.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Purchase New YorkJuly 26, 2015
Dedication to the position is key. There are many incenitves offered to enhance your compensation package. Management is supportive and incourages you to reach the next level in your career.
Great Company and Place to Begin and Learn the Fundamentals of Finance
Derivatives Operation Analyst - FX (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 30, 2016
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm that maintains significant market positions in each of its business segments. The Company provides a wide variety of products and services to a large group of clients including corporations, governments, financial institutions and individuals.
Great place to work. Enjoy all the employees.
Client Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAAugust 17, 2016
Assistant to three financial advisors. Backup two sales assistants. On a daily basis I open new accounts and provided maintenance on accounts. Send clients checks, wire, ACH's. Communicate with clients and help with online issues and account inquiries.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Stanley. Our community is ready to answer.