Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews

productive workplace, good balance, good salary
Administrative Assistant/Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 14, 2017
My typical day at work was general administrative officer duties with some supervisor duty during the area manager absence. I learn how to create extremely detail spread sheet using excel for my manager in the mailroom area. The workplace culture at Morgan Stanley was pretty slow pace environment with potential learning possibility at all times. The hardest part of the job was keeping in pace with my manager work schedule, very demanding with the time frame his job had to be completed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I work with at the time, everyone took pride on the work they did in the mailroom and learning how to create extremely detail spread sheet in every work tasks I submitted to my manager.
Pros
Benefits, Advancement, Salary
Cons
time punch-in cards (lunch breaks), (beginingof shift) one minutes late is equivalent 15 min.
great place to work.
Financial Advisor Associate Program (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 13, 2017
Morgan Stanley was a great place to work. It was a great working atmosphere and fun. The job was close to my house and convenient for commuting. Overall great
Lots of volunteer oportunity
Billing Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2017
Processed fees and heavy phone calls .
Interactions with Traders.
We had the best team.
completing emails .
Staff and management got long beautifully.
Pros
Occasionally free lunch
Cons
Great Health Benefits
Productive and enjoyable place to work at
Sourcing Manager - Design & Construction (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2017
Gained vast amount of experience and knowledge from the best this company has to offer. Fast-paced, competitive, but also a friendly work environment.
Great Place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2017
Very good place to work. High volume of paperwork to process.
Managers and supervisors were great and worked well with each other. Truly enjoyed my short time there.
Pros
Beautiful office space.
Cons
Wanted to work longer with them.
Productive, busy environment
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2017
Important to manage your time efficiently and think ahead of what your manager is requesting. It was stressful at times but I'm organized and efficient and was able to multi-task various appointments.
Great Talent but a little too much of NIH (Not invented here)
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2017
Morgan Stanley hires a lot of talented people. Every technologist could suggest a solution to any problem presented. My time at Morgan Stanley helped me improve a lot as a technologist.
One complaint was the lack of trust for outside tools leading to a tendency to build in-house products that often ended up orphaned. Over the course of a few years, internal products frequently fell behind ones available in the market.
I do believe Morgan Stanley has become more open to third party products since I left.
Good compensation with a lot of responsibilities
Quantitative Researcher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2017
The compensation of the company is really good, but it is expected to work really long hours everyday and sometimes weekends. Very high work intensity, and very strong problem solving skills are required
Pros
Compensation
Great Place to Work
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 9, 2017
As an intern, I was able to learn not only about the wonderful investment opportunities, I was able to establish real working relationships with clients.
Fast Paced and Good Mentorship
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 9, 2017
Morgan Stanley was a fun and intense internship. I got to work alongside the financial advisors of the Stanek Group and aid their clients in whatever they might need. I learned more in this internship than I did in many of my classes in University. The real life application of my finance and accounting knowledge allowed me to see the practical uses of many of my learned skills. My manager was very generous and fair - he was a wonderful mentor to me and treated me as one of the team members rather than simply an intern. The team did not ask me to run coffee for them or just copy papers - instead, I was able to work with clients, create portfolios, screen stocks, help with investment planning, and even work on trusts and funds with the advisors. I deeply enjoyed working with the Stanek Group at Morgan Stanley and I would highly recommend the Chicago location to anyone else.
Work Life Balance, Volunteering events strongly encourages
Director, Legal and Compliance (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 9, 2017
Great place to work.

Looking for a new opportunity closer to home due to the commute and expense of commuting

Lead and Manage the Registration Forms Filing and International Sales Group teams to ensure Registered individuals are properly Registered to conduct business, with current regulatory guidance. Significantly reduced backlog within 2 months and working current cases. Onboarded and trained a new team in Mumbai. Implemented process and metrics efficiencies and peer to peer review. Work with Global counterparts for consistency, assist FA Compensation with account swings, branch opening and closings onboarding of Recruits and responsible for Trainee Programs and Summer Intern Programs.
Cons
Commute
One of the largest brokerage firms.
Financial Advisor Trainee (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 8, 2017
I gave it a shot but you have to love and live the stock market and that wasn't me. It's cut throat with everyone after your customers and you going after someone elses. Again not for me.
Pros
I learned a lot about investing.
Cons
cut throat
not able to answer
Broker 7 & 63 (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 6, 2017
days very busy, sometimes go into office before my original start time just to catch up, most enjoyable, speaking to clients
hardest is dealing with incompetent management
good place to land
Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 5, 2017
It was a great company to start up a career in financial advising. I would recommend them to anybody. Very nice support staff and beautiful office space!
Productive and fun
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTOctober 4, 2017
Fast-pased, exacting, met great people. Company supports and pays for licensing education. Management is great, compassionate.
Busy phones. Catered lunches, nice associates.
Pros
Free lunches, great people, easy access to managers
Cons
Busy
Innovative environment
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2017
Trying to be efficient and effective in use of technology and operational processes. Great infrastructure, good working space and very nice and helpful people.
Work Place Summary
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2017
Lot of good folks still exist here but lately the culture has changed to one of talkers than doers. However i still contend this is one of the good companies to work for
Financial Advisor Associate
Financial Advisor Associate Program (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2017
The commission payout is very low and in favor of the firm compared to other firms on the street. The turnover rate of financial advisor associates is even higher.
Great Environment
Wealth Management Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJOctober 2, 2017
A great place to work with extremely intelligent people. I would highly recommend this company to anyone interested in the financial services industry.
Cons
No Cons
Productive and fun workplace
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2017
It is refreshing to work with so many smart and productive people. Really great culture. Would love to go back there some day. Definitely recommend Morgan Stanley as a company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Stanley. Our community is ready to answer.