Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews

Difficult environment, work/life balance unbalanced
VP Vendor Management (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 15, 2015
Long hours, intrusive culture, expect calls on weekends and vacation time regardless of what you have scheduled

Co-workers are outstanding, intelligent people. Fun to be with. Cooperative and willing to lend a hand whenever possible
Solid brand, solid people
Vice President (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 14, 2015
Strong brand, intelligent people, and open to innovation. A business dedicated to hearing new ideas to grow P&L further. One of the best places I've worked.
Great atmosphere and good opportunity
Research Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 11, 2015
I really enjoyed working here. The people were wonderful. The management gave you excellent opportunities, allowed you to learn various jobs.
Fun work environment, Good learning experience.
Business Analyst, Cash - AML Remediation (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 6, 2015
- Busy,
- I improved my customer's service skills, I learned a lot about time management in a fast pace company.
- The management was great,
- My co-workers were excellent,
- Gather the documents needed for AML approval from the customers.
- It was the interaction with the customers.
Dry workplace
Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 6, 2015
Pros: Nice people
Cons: expensive healthcare, very little vacation days
No growth and noone willing to help you, no work life/balance, boring, long hours, little vacation days, bad healthcare
good name, ok benefits, not the best choice if you want to excel in life
Account Manager- Fund Services (Former Employee), Purchase, NYMay 5, 2015
Pros: gym, work life balance
Cons: lack of growth potential
Not much room for growth potential, but good for someone who is looking for work life balance. Seems like a place where accountants go to die. No one will bother you unless, you mess something up pretty bad. On the other side no one will know who you are, even if you spend good few years of your life in this group. The campus has gym, for which you certainly be able to find time.
Depends a lot on the team
Business Analyst - Infrastructure Development (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 5, 2015
Like working in any other big companies, the good or bad of the job depends a lot on the team you are on. The company is willing to invest in its IT infrastructure to ensure that client services are being provided efficiently and to a high quality
Great if you like a more conservative company
Business Analyst & Consultant (Current Employee), Purchase, NYMay 5, 2015
Its been a long time and I worked in Canada. Recommend if you like banking. Never worked in the US but have a good reputation in Canada.
enjoyed the people, great culture
Client Service Rep (Former Employee), White Plains, NYMay 4, 2015
Pros: people
I was able to cut my teeth in the Prime Brokerage space @ Morgan Stanley, absorbing a wealth of knowledge from some temaneted peers and managers.
It was a good place to work with a lot of nice people.
Senior Registered Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charleston, WVApril 29, 2015
Pros: Excellent Benefits
Cons: Life revolved around the job and had to be planned accordingly.
I enjoyed working for this company and the people that I worked with. It was very stressful but self-rewarding at the same time.
Worked as a intern
Intern (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 27, 2015
Looks very good on a resume, especially if you plan on working in the financial sector, although, all businesses will see this as a good addition to your resume.
Morgan Stanley was a great place to work i learned a lot and enjoyed going to work
Operations clerk (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAApril 27, 2015
The people that worked at Morgan Stanley were very sweet and very patient with me. the hardest part of the job was knowing it was a temporary job, because i really enjoyed it there.
Poor Compensation, great networking opportunities
Vice President \Program Manager - ISG Finance (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 27, 2015
Poor Compensation, great networking opportunities, flexible work from home arrangements, and flexible desk arrangements, a lot of layoffs each year, well after the recession.
doing event and relaxing on a good days work after completion
Office Manager (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 25, 2015
working at this company was a good experience that I will bring with me everywhere I go. a typical day at this job was a smooth and full of energy kind of work flow management did there port through out the day to ensure that the work flow went as expected, the coworkers at this job works as a unit to ensure that the job got done on time.the hardest part of the day was making sure nothing got left behind and if did got taken cure of immediately to ensure positive reaction for the days to come
Great
Foreign Exchange Client Service Group (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2015
Morgan Stanley is great! I really enjoy working there. Great environment. Great people. Great employees. The hours of business can be a little better.
Very professional environment
Intern (Former Employee), Seattle, WAApril 21, 2015
Everyone was nice and helpful.

They were all willing to get to know you and answer any of your questions.

Hardest part was the gorgeous view from the 52 floor.

I spent most of my day making books for advisers to show their clients.
Previously employed by Dean Witter
Processing Support Representative (Former Employee), NYC and Jersey City, NJApril 17, 2015
After the merger of Dean Witter and Morgan Stanley, the Dean Witter Employees were treated as second tier employees. We had separate HR and separate pay scales. In the the past we were the lowest paid, but had job security from your 20's to retirement. After the merger we were not only the lowest paid, but treated as trash. Even with employee outings the MS employees acted as if we were freeloading on the air they were breathing.
Good place to start
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), New YorkApril 16, 2015
I've spent the first part of my career at Morgan Stanley and while I've been able to move internally and received several promotions, unfortunately, I feel the company values time served more than performance when evaluating its employees.
Good company and great manager
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Edison, NJApril 15, 2015
Pros: Good company. Great managers.
Cons: Hard having to work through a bad market
This was an overall good company to work for. The management was great. The market was not good at the time I started working there though. They do invest in the people that work for them.
Great internship to learn about the business
Intern (Current Employee), NJApril 14, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: asset minimum quotas difficult to obtain without a large group wealthy friends
I worked for a group that manages 250MM in assets, mostly wealthy individuals, corporations, foundations, and charitable organizations. This is a great business, however starting out on your own as an FAA fresh out of college is a daunting task to many.