Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews

Found 1,393 reviews matching the search
Salesforce Developer/Admin (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2016
t was an excellent exp working for MS. Good workplace, complete motivation and support, perfect work culture. I worked for this organisation as a management trainee but was never treated like a trainee. I was always considered a part of the team.
Finance Advisor Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJSeptember 13, 2016
Compensation is great how ever leadership and management needs to be more diverse. and FAA could use more guidance.. instead of just throwing you out there to fend for your self
Fixed Income
Fixed Income Regulatory Reporting Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2016
review daily mismatch report, training offshore team in Guadalajara
reporting of CMO securitized items to FINRA.

Daily communication makes work easier and productive

Management allowed me to work independently

Nothing too hard with proper training.

Enjoying my co-workers and being able to help each other
Pros
learning different function
Cons
benefits, salary
It was good while it lasted
Complex Risk Officer (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 9, 2016
It's a good place to work. A good combination of routine and daily changes. Management team was good to work with. Not too much stress.
Very professional and great workplace
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 9, 2016
I would meet new clients and vendors on a daily basis. Worked lots of projects with management. I learned how to handle confidential documents and learned how to process KYC documents. Loved my coworkers. The toughest part was dealing with clients who were very upset, but I would just direct them to management. The most enjoyable part was my coworkers, and meeting with clients and vendors because I like people.
Repetitive tasks
Compliance Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2016
You must have a high attention to detail at all times with cases you cover on a daily basis. It is extremely repetitive as you are assigned a batch of cases every day.
Pros
Once you learn the principal all cases reviewed have the same guidelines
Cons
Extremely repetitive
Not the best place for a career
Registered Client Consultant (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTSeptember 4, 2016
The CAC is where I work and have worked from day one. The culture /moral is poor. Management is unwilling to listen or support anyone but their own. They will even block anyone from moving to another dept. The pay is reasonable until you want a pay increase. They will say no raises department wide and then give them to management.
Excellent place to work amazing co-workers
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 4, 2016
Great management and co-workers that fostered excellent teamwork.
Daily meeting with Senior management on the nightly batch data processing status and what new major changes will be going in during the upcoming Production change windows.
Various other meetings with Business partners and other infrastructure teams for future plans and strategy.
Enjoyed tackling new challenges that came with the job.
productive
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 2, 2016
It was very productive as i learn many things here.
I enhance my profile working there and loved the job culture.
The co workers are also nice and i worked with the best team there.
Morgan Stanley
Senior Registered Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 31, 2016
I have been in the industry for over 34 years and Morgan Stanley has a lot of management overhaul to do. I do like the company, but they need some adjustments.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Bad management
Wealth Management - It's what you can make of it
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2016
It's what you can make of it. If you build a large enough book, have nice clients, and team where everyone gets along, you're golden. If you have a hard time bringing in assets, have difficulty with investment performance, and/or have issues with your partners, it can be soul sucking.
Excellent Bank
Registered Associate - Prestigiacomo Group (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 29, 2016
This is a tremendous bank to work for. A great place to take advantage of all of the resources that this firm offers. There is plenty of opportunity.
Excellent and enjoyable Job Culture
Wealth Management - AML Investigations Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2016
In a typical day, my colleagues and I work as a team to clear great high periods of escalated volume.
I have learned to work as a team, to communicate effectively with management and to be dependable at times of great workload.
I enjoy going out with my colleagues on the weekends after a busy week.
Financial Advisor Associate (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 25, 2016
Great team great place to work, must succeed to keep job but you will have to resources to do so. Training is second to none, pay is great.
Pros
Pay, atmosphere, perks
Cons
12 hour days are mandatory to succeed
Large finacial firm
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2016
Largely what you would expect to find at one of the largest financial firm. Many opportunities to be had with in organization but politics will play a larger role as someone moves up through ranks of organization. This is not to indicate that is the only thing but it will influence decisions. In my overall experience the people in the firm are highly intelligent and great to work with.
Pros
People, vastness of organization
Cons
political
excellent position and work place
Tech Training (Current Employee) –  Easton, OHAugust 22, 2016
I love the people and the environment, and the work is the best part. I enjoy working as tech support and assisting people with their day to day problems. I also enjoy the challenge the position provide on a daily basis, and how I have to do research at times to gain knowledge and teach the users how to use the programs used by the firm, including Microsoft Office.
Medical Billing Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2016
I really loved working at Pediatric Surgery-Children's Hospital of New York Presbyterian. I learned so much during all the years there. The Pediatric Surgeons are great to work with. Management is superb! My co-workers were awesome. We worked as a team all the time. Helped one another, because at the end of the day it was all about making sure the Patient was taken care of. Patients come first.
The hardest part of the job was every end of the month. I had to make sure all the billing was entered. Making sure the Physicians gave me all of the charges for that particular month. That meant working longer hours. Which was perfectly fine as long as all the billing was entered.
The most enjoyable part of the job was every Thursday when the department provided lunch for all the employees. It's a great place to work at:)
Pros
Team work, free lunch on Thursdays
Strong Management, Great Coworkers, yet left things to be desired
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2016
Typical Day of Work is quite intense. Requires you to use your intellectual abilities and most roles require you to work in collaboration with others.

I've learned many different things but due to the focused nature of each role at such a large firm it is probably less than you would encounter at a smaller financial firm.

Management is very focused and goal oriented. Generally a good amount of focus is placed on leadership.

Coworkers are intelligent and personable. Occasionally, some make it into the firm due to relations with management, however those are fewer now then before.

Pay was reasonable, however for such a large firm that has had continued success due to it's people, not enough is paid in comparison to other firms.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Pay is somewhere in the middle of the rest of the street
Enjoyed working for Morgan Stanley for all my years
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2016
Started my day a in the morning greeting guest and answered phone calls and made appointments for conference rooms. I was a team player throughout the years and got a long with my co-workers. I enjoyed my job very much and was treated well in the company.
worse
Client Service Representative, Branch Support (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTAugust 18, 2016
worked for brnach support over all company is good but managment at regional side maked you feel like you are in army and they micro manage everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Stanley. Our community is ready to answer.