Morgan State University Employee Reviews

Great team
Grants Assistant, Restricted Funds Accounting (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 17, 2016
My colleagues were very friendly, always looked forward to going to work - they were like family. Great benefits package too e.g. tuition and health cover.
Pros
Benefits - tuition
Cons
I love working at my current job but there is no growth.
Student Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandMay 4, 2016
Morgan State University afforded me the opportunity to work with students, staff and faculty. First position is to the students. I am responsible for logging in the student accountable mail and packages. I get to met students from outstate as well as out of the country. I've learned how to work with co-workers with different
personality and opinions as well as different nationality.

I hardest part of my job is having to tell a student "we have not received your mail or package". The most enjoyable part of the job is the smile on a students face when they received a check, package or mail from home.
Cons
Salary
Very Fast Pace
Campus Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 4, 2016
Overall, this shall be a stepping stone for advancement
Good for someone's first time job; High School Graduates.......................
Pros
Cons
Mandatory 4 hour overtime if relief doesn't show
Productive and fun place to work and advance.
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 28, 2016
A good and fun place to work. You are treated like a family. Employees are provided with opportunities for training and career advancement.
Pros
Good job culture
Cons
Unattractive Compensation
Cardinal Health
Student Accountant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 31, 2016
Great job! Started with the company in an entry-level position and gain great transferable skills. In addition, the company continuously surpass each goal set each quarter.
Pros
Paid holiday, no weekends, and courtesy lunches
Cons
Promotions
Welcome
Msu Tutoring Corps. (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 21, 2016
I enjoyed fixing up the various programs so they could run more smoothly then before. It had room for advancement but not much change in pay.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Pay hours minimal
This is a good place to work in
Lab Instructor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 5, 2017
Job Places are supposed to be fun places , where there is a constant transfer of information from one mind to the other. The Experience was wonderful, and was able to transmit and receive info to people I was working with
Pros
time flexibility
Cons
short period
Horriable
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 4, 2016
Terrible job. Did not always have the pay checks on time. Scheduling was very confusing did not put the correct hours in for your pay at times. Supervisors was very unorganized
Morgan State is a good university, HR is terrible
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Human ResourcesJuly 30, 2016
I loved the students and other departments that serve the students. I worked in HR and the department is horrible. The HR department need restructuring starting with the leadership. The department policies are old and not effective. The HR department should be the face of the organization, however its a disgrace of MSU.
Pros
Students, free tuition
Cons
Unorganized, poor leadership
Fast paced workplace with hard working managers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 4, 2016
The day was usually busty with fast paced workers. I learned to work faster and manage the cashier while assisting customers. I learned to count the registers and keep track of the labor percentage in the store. The managers where very kind and hardworking. The co-workers were polite. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers who didn't like the prices of the food or wanted to be rude to the employees and managers. The most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying customers and creating a pleasant experience for them at Popeye's.
Pros
free lunches friendly managers
Cons
sometimes rude customers
Loved it!
Lead Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 21, 2016
Working as an RA is bittersweet. Trying to balance campus life and have fun while being watched because you're a "role model' on campus was hard. But it also kept me in check and allowed me to grow as a person.
Simple but Productive.
IT Computer Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 6, 2016
I go in, go to my supervisor's office to get my badge, and I go to computer lab after computer lab to check and inspect the equipment
such as the computers and printers until the end of my shift.
Fast paced environment
Contractual Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21251November 9, 2016
It is always a day on. There is always something that needs to be done to ensure the employees are taken care of. Providing the best customer service possible is top priority.
Productive and fun-loving work environment that places premium on employee development
Morgan State University (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDApril 28, 2016
Managing a process improvement project that updates the standard operating procedures by collaborating with sectional heads, unit supervisors, and information technology department. Sending and responding to management reports about status of current projects. Sitting on a team that identifies process improvement initiatives in the department to increase performance targets.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
A check when I needed one
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 12, 2016
I work very hard and although I have two degrees advancement is not possible and the pay is weak, especially since I wear more than one hat.
the food was good and healthy
Landscaping Laborer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 25, 2016
morgan univ was a good place to work
ive learned alot working up morgan univ
my co workers were good and cool to get along with
Pros
free lunches
Cons
distractions
Recreation Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 2, 2012
Typical work day includes helping students in a game room by providing them with equpment such as pool sticks and balls, board games, video games, tokens for arcade games etc. Ive learned to pay close attention to detail and always help customers. Management is always avaiable and ready to help in any situation. Co-workers are other students that take their job seriosuly. The hardest part of the job is muitl-tasking and being aware of everything going on in the rec room. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing other students and customer having a good time and enjoying themselves.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
hourly salary
Mundane work, no fun
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 12, 2016
My immediate co-workers are diligient steady workers. In the area I am assigned, we are less than five employed. There is no hard work required, only when coordinating meetings and the intended party does reply in a timely manner.
Productive Work Place
Customer Service Operator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 27, 2013
Typical Day at work...Constant calls of concerned students or parents involving finacial aid , admissions, record registration, busar, and finally residents life. I would solve each callers concern to the best of my ability.
Mangment... My department is not closely monitored because we mange ouselves unless their something we cant handle he or she will handle the call
Enjoyable Part of mY day... When a student or parent is no longer upset or concern after i handled their concerns hear with school
Pros
tuition and university fee discount
Cons
benifits for contractual employees
Productive at times
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Baltimore MdAugust 31, 2015
Nice and easy work days not very long or tedious work and nice work environment. Great job if your just getting into working
Pros
Simple Job
Cons
Not many benifits unless your a state worker

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan State University. Our community is ready to answer.

Morgan State University Reviews by Location