Morgan State University Employee Reviews in United States

A check when I needed one
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 12, 2016
I work very hard and although I have two degrees advancement is not possible and the pay is weak, especially since I wear more than one hat.
Fast paced workplace with hard working managers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 4, 2016
The day was usually busty with fast paced workers. I learned to work faster and manage the cashier while assisting customers. I learned to count the registers and keep track of the labor percentage in the store. The managers where very kind and hardworking. The co-workers were polite. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers who didn't like the prices of the food or wanted to be rude to the employees and managers. The most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying customers and creating a pleasant experience for them at Popeye's.
Pros
free lunches friendly managers
Cons
sometimes rude customers
Taught me my first Administrative Skills
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  1700 Coldspring LnMay 26, 2016
Since it was a school it was a diverse working environment and I got to meet all kinds of new people. It was like a family I learned a lot.
Pros
Met new people
Cons
the pay
Progressive HBCU institution and professional workplace environment
Special Assistant to the V.P. for Finance (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 13, 2016
It is an enjoyable place to be employed. It provides a great living learning experience and a premiere education to students so that they can ultimately lead the world.
I love working at my current job but there is no growth.
Student Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandMay 4, 2016
Morgan State University afforded me the opportunity to work with students, staff and faculty. First position is to the students. I am responsible for logging in the student accountable mail and packages. I get to met students from outstate as well as out of the country. I've learned how to work with co-workers with different
personality and opinions as well as different nationality.

I hardest part of my job is having to tell a student "we have not received your mail or package". The most enjoyable part of the job is the smile on a students face when they received a check, package or mail from home.
Cons
Salary
Productive and fun-loving work environment that places premium on employee development
Morgan State University (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDApril 28, 2016
Managing a process improvement project that updates the standard operating procedures by collaborating with sectional heads, unit supervisors, and information technology department. Sending and responding to management reports about status of current projects. Sitting on a team that identifies process improvement initiatives in the department to increase performance targets.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Fast paced, yet fun environment
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 21, 2016
I learned complex algorithms which required me to think beyond my limit and cause me to achieve more. My mentor was very engaging always showing how to approach my tasks in a different way.
A place of continuous growth
Project Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 1, 2016
I will always be proud as a future alumni to say "I am a Bear".
It was my beginning on my path to success.
It was a learning environment that allows one to grow if they know how to reach out for new opportunities. It is a vibrant campus and the work varied project to project.
Pros
Time management
Just a regular tutoring job with a lot of fun
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 15, 2016
Typical day will consist on helping students grasp some class concepts. Students will make appointment and you have to teach them using different way of teaching. You can only teach what you can teach, and also help new coming employee to understand their jobs.
Fun Place
Office Assistant & Print Shop Pressman (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 11, 2016
typical work day was to help people
I learned how to operate a printing press
management sucks
co-workers were cool
hardest part of the job was the boss
Great Place to work
Professor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 9, 2016
Great place to learn
Fun, engaging, clean campus
Polite co workers
Multiple parking areas
handicap accessible
The buildings are very new
Cafe has variety of options
Graduate Assistantship (Research) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 8, 2016
fun place to work, I recommend Morgan state university for anyone. co-workers are very friendly, the hardest part of the job was fun
Productive and fun place to work and advance.
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 28, 2016
A good and fun place to work. You are treated like a family. Employees are provided with opportunities for training and career advancement.
Pros
Good job culture
Cons
Unattractive Compensation
Fun, Exciting and Hands On
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 28, 2015
Once I arrive to my work desk I immediately observe the work area and tools. It is very interesting working with students and helping them create projects and objects. I learned to find solutions to every problem and to work fast on my feet. The management is great in every aspect. The hardest part of the job is when trying to help solve problems for our customers/students. The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to work with students and peers.
Morgan State University, an important part of the higher education system in Baltimore City, the State of Maryland, and the nation.
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 11, 2015
Customer Relations Specialist

As a Customer Relations Specialist, I am an information and resource area for all visiting, students, parents, internal staff and faculty members. I have a vast knowledge of all things campus related such as: Campus Life and Activities, Campus Directions and Maps, Directory Assistance, Package Delivery and Pick up, as well as other Academic School and Administrative office Information.

My duties include, assisting with questions regarding:

•Financial Aid,
•Bursar,
•Records & Registration,
•Admissions
•Residence Life
What I learned
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 9, 2015
I learned alot about office dynamics from this jobs. I was able to received the needed guidance in order to me to gains skills in working with people.
Very Prodctive
Business Department Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 2, 2015
This Business Department really had the best workers ever. The workers was nice and educational. They helped their students and they provided all the support possible. We all worked together to get the job done and with everybody pulling their weigh we always got the job done
Always Busy
Public Safety Aide (Security Officer) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 23, 2015
Your days won't be dull, working at a college campus with give you the best experience and opportunity for to take with you for life.
Pros
Full Benefit Jobs
Cons
Short Breaks, Minimum Pay.
Cyber security summer internship
Summer Lab Researcher (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 18, 2015
learning about LAN network on cyber test bed. malware and other virus signatures . presented a paper in cyber security in October that year based on the research done in the summer .
Pros
no fixed time
Cons
parking
Great Place for a Carrer and Higher Education
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 15, 2015
Excellent University and a great fit for anyone that wants to help undergrad to grad level student become successful in the present and future endeavors
Pros
Growing and Expanding
Cons
N/a

Morgan State University Reviews by Location