Morgan State University Employee Reviews

Morgan State was one of the best jobs I ever had
Development Assistant - Office of Development (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 14, 2015
Pros: two weeks off for the Christmas holiday
Cons: some staff didn't have a pleasant attitude
Morgan State University was a great place to work. I learned a lot about higher education and the people I worked with became a family to me. I enjoyed working with the students and being able to assist them with scholarships.
Very organized and great working conditions
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 7, 2015
Really enjoyed working at Morgan State University. Had the chance to use all my great office skills. Learned a lot of clerical skills, especially Excel.
Fun school to attend
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 1, 2015
Morgan State University is a good school. I did there my graduate education and can say that their education equip students with average skills for the job market. However if you add an extra mile on your own by more readings and internships you become more equipped for job market competition. Working as a research assistant was a good experience for me. We were able to get some grants and publish a few works. The hard part of research assistant-ship is to get grants and academically acceptable work to publish.
transitional experience
Accounting Analyst (Current Employee), Baltimore MDMay 14, 2015
Check the other Morgan State review. It is exactly the same review. I love working here for different reasons. Company culture is one and the work I do will help me transition to another company when I graduate.
Life as a Program Coordinator
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), baltimore,mdApril 19, 2015
• Oversee assigned daily program operations for students.
• Coordinate monitors and/or supervise the activities of assigned to Resident Assistants and Desk Attendants.
• Develop and schedule program activities in accordance with specifications and funding limitation.
• Administrate duties related to planning, directing, and coordinating both the academic and operational activities of the residency programs.
Good, however, the pay could be better
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere for students to learn
Cons: the building i work in is old, however, improvements have been made.
Could be better... The atmosphere is great for students to learn, however, there is room for imporvemnt when it comes to the professors. A need for updated curriculum as well as young professors are sorely needed.
Finance and Management
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: 1-hr break for lunch
Cons: everyone is not on the same page
* A typical day at work is getting the job completed.
* I've learned how to manage an office and staying calm.
* Always remember FFC (Firm, Fair, and Consistent)
* Co-Workers enjoy my work ethics.
* Getting employees to adapt to new changes
* Upper authority smiling
Productive place to work
Procurement Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 22, 2015
Generate purchase order numbers in Banner system, respond to inquiries, and handle telephone questions and concern
Fun fun fun
Retail Operations/Student Employee (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 14, 2015
Great place to work! i did a co-op program so the hours weren't enough and the benefits were non-existent but as a teenager who cared!
my supervisor was helpful
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: supervisor was helpful to me
Cons: no cons
my supervisor was being helpful to me. By assisting student with ongoing research in the lab, i as able to get knowledge. i learned how to work with people in the lab and i really enjoy working with them. the hardest part of the job is putting the information down
Summer Job
Tutor (Former Employee), Baltimore, marylandJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: hands-on
Cons: late-nights
A typical day at work at Morgan was going to tutoring at night and help students with math courses; pre-algebra, algebra, pre-calculus, and calculus.
leaned alot from working at this job
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 30, 2014
I enjoyed working for this job I leaned that if you work hard you can go far.
My department is probably the best office on campus
Administrative Assistant - Work Study (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 30, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: n/a
Being a student worker in the Department of Political Science at Morgan State University for two and half years was a great experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new students every semester, especially the Freshmen. They will come in a little disoriented about their schedules and academic advisory, but after I talk to them, they are reassured and become confident about the department. I learned from this experience that all dreams do come through when given a chance and also that not all the students that come to the department were born genius but most of them with a little help strive to become one. The hardest part of the job is the end of the semester when some of the students with failing grades come to the office trying to find a way to talk to the professors at the same time. There I had to manage a part of their frustration.
Wonderful Enviornment
Events Staff Coordinator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 29, 2014
Pros: freelanced
Cons: n/a
I really enjoyed the social environment of the school. Being able to meet new people was the part I enjoyed the most.
great experience for college students
Resident Assistant/ Desk Attendant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 29, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: low pay for responsibility
great experience
helped sharpen soft skills
great work life balance
great networking ability
Excellent job
Computer Laboratory Manager (Former Employee), School of BusinessOctober 20, 2014
Able to run system, install hardware and software and maintain the server systems. And designed a network system.
Great working environmrnt
Graduate Research Assistant and Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 14, 2014
I work from home most of the time. Learned to use various design software's.
productive, fun, informative, networking
Sports Medicine Student Assistant (Current Employee), baltimore marylandSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: networking, getting experience, hands on experience
A typical day includes working with athletes using therapeutic modalities, filling paperwork, setting up for football practices, accompanying athletes to x rays. Traveling to games with the football team.
The lack of professionalism and customer service is
Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 27, 2014
Morgan State Financial Aid Office lacks professionalism, customer service and structure.
Productive work office, and suitable for college students schedule
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 4, 2014
Pros: convenient towards college students, and allow to make up time that is missing from calling out, class, or other obstacles
Cons: the payment
The requirements are simple and the tasks are easy, the hardest thing that you may come across would be a system error that can not be replaced with another software or component. Besides that, all other tasks take no more than a hour to do so, and you have the remaining available time to do school assignments, personal work, and works around your schedule. The only part that would set this job from being a perfect place to work is the pay, the most you will receive is 40 hours on each paycheck, and hourly wage is not very high