Morgan State University Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun place to work and advance.
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 28, 2016
A good and fun place to work. You are treated like a family. Employees are provided with opportunities for training and career advancement.
Pros
Good job culture
Cons
Unattractive Compensation
I love working at my current job but there is no growth.
Student Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandMay 4, 2016
Morgan State University afforded me the opportunity to work with students, staff and faculty. First position is to the students. I am responsible for logging in the student accountable mail and packages. I get to met students from outstate as well as out of the country. I've learned how to work with co-workers with different
personality and opinions as well as different nationality.

I hardest part of my job is having to tell a student "we have not received your mail or package". The most enjoyable part of the job is the smile on a students face when they received a check, package or mail from home.
Cons
Salary
Productive at times
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Baltimore MdAugust 31, 2015
Nice and easy work days not very long or tedious work and nice work environment. Great job if your just getting into working
Pros
Simple Job
Cons
Not many benifits unless your a state worker
Productive and fun-loving work environment that places premium on employee development
Morgan State University (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDApril 28, 2016
Managing a process improvement project that updates the standard operating procedures by collaborating with sectional heads, unit supervisors, and information technology department. Sending and responding to management reports about status of current projects. Sitting on a team that identifies process improvement initiatives in the department to increase performance targets.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Fun, Exciting and Hands On
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 28, 2015
Once I arrive to my work desk I immediately observe the work area and tools. It is very interesting working with students and helping them create projects and objects. I learned to find solutions to every problem and to work fast on my feet. The management is great in every aspect. The hardest part of the job is when trying to help solve problems for our customers/students. The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to work with students and peers.
A place of continuous growth
Project Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 1, 2016
I will always be proud as a future alumni to say "I am a Bear".
It was my beginning on my path to success.
It was a learning environment that allows one to grow if they know how to reach out for new opportunities. It is a vibrant campus and the work varied project to project.
Pros
Time management
Morgan State University, an important part of the higher education system in Baltimore City, the State of Maryland, and the nation.
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 11, 2015
Customer Relations Specialist

As a Customer Relations Specialist, I am an information and resource area for all visiting, students, parents, internal staff and faculty members. I have a vast knowledge of all things campus related such as: Campus Life and Activities, Campus Directions and Maps, Directory Assistance, Package Delivery and Pick up, as well as other Academic School and Administrative office Information.

My duties include, assisting with questions regarding:

•Financial Aid,
•Bursar,
•Records & Registration,
•Admissions
•Residence Life
Fun Place
Office Assistant & Print Shop Pressman (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 11, 2016
typical work day was to help people
I learned how to operate a printing press
management sucks
co-workers were cool
hardest part of the job was the boss
Just a regular tutoring job with a lot of fun
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 15, 2016
Typical day will consist on helping students grasp some class concepts. Students will make appointment and you have to teach them using different way of teaching. You can only teach what you can teach, and also help new coming employee to understand their jobs.
Fast paced, yet fun environment
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 21, 2016
I learned complex algorithms which required me to think beyond my limit and cause me to achieve more. My mentor was very engaging always showing how to approach my tasks in a different way.
Always Busy
Public Safety Aide (Security Officer) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 23, 2015
Your days won't be dull, working at a college campus with give you the best experience and opportunity for to take with you for life.
Pros
Full Benefit Jobs
Cons
Short Breaks, Minimum Pay.
Graduate Assistantship (Research) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 8, 2016
fun place to work, I recommend Morgan state university for anyone. co-workers are very friendly, the hardest part of the job was fun
Great Place to work
Professor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 9, 2016
Great place to learn
Fun, engaging, clean campus
Polite co workers
Multiple parking areas
handicap accessible
The buildings are very new
Cafe has variety of options
Very Prodctive
Business Department Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 2, 2015
This Business Department really had the best workers ever. The workers was nice and educational. They helped their students and they provided all the support possible. We all worked together to get the job done and with everybody pulling their weigh we always got the job done
Productive and fun place to work with intelligent people
Student Researcher (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 15, 2015
We started every day by a meeting telling what we have done, what need to be done. I learned time management and efficient way to do research in a particular subject. The hardest part of the job was to narrow the subject and to allow it to fit our goals. My co-workers were ready to help and to explain what was not clear. We won a $100,000.00 Maryland Innovation Award.
Pros
decent work place
Cons
interrupted sometime by classes lab
Recreation Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 2, 2012
Typical work day includes helping students in a game room by providing them with equpment such as pool sticks and balls, board games, video games, tokens for arcade games etc. Ive learned to pay close attention to detail and always help customers. Management is always avaiable and ready to help in any situation. Co-workers are other students that take their job seriosuly. The hardest part of the job is muitl-tasking and being aware of everything going on in the rec room. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing other students and customer having a good time and enjoying themselves.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
hourly salary
What I learned
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 9, 2015
I learned alot about office dynamics from this jobs. I was able to received the needed guidance in order to me to gains skills in working with people.
Productive Work Place
Customer Service Operator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 27, 2013
Typical Day at work...Constant calls of concerned students or parents involving finacial aid , admissions, record registration, busar, and finally residents life. I would solve each callers concern to the best of my ability.
Mangment... My department is not closely monitored because we mange ouselves unless their something we cant handle he or she will handle the call
Enjoyable Part of mY day... When a student or parent is no longer upset or concern after i handled their concerns hear with school
Pros
tuition and university fee discount
Cons
benifits for contractual employees
Flexible work environment
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 10, 2015
Great work environment. Competent co-workers and management,
Various design related duties. Logos, brochures, fliers, video editing, photography.... good times.
Pros
Telecommute, flexible schedules
Cons
Contractual.
Ok place to work but no opportunities for growth
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 27, 2015
Work is ok but culture is very bias. Especially if your not an alumni and have great strengths to advance. Be prepared to come, get experience and leave.
Pros
Technology Savy
Cons
Glass Cieling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan State University. Our community is ready to answer.