Morgan State University

Morgan State University Employer Reviews

Fun place
Groundskeeper (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 31, 2014
The people was great workers and I learn many skills from my co-worker.
Good Place for students
Help Desk/Technical Support (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 12, 2014
They offer numerous jobs that are available to students. They are a all around good place to work.
I deem it a great opportunity to work with nursing students as they prepare to become professional nurses
Nursing Clinical Instructor (Current Employee), Sinai HospitalMarch 11, 2014
The clinical day with the students is a day that I look forward to as a nurse. The students I work with are very eager to learn and they take advantage of any opportunity to learn something new. Even as an experienced nurse, I have also increased my knowledge with regard to the new and innovative ways of working and taking care of patients in an acute – more... setting. The most enjoyable part of my job is when the students ask me a question and I am able to share information with them that they can use as they transition and become professionals. – less
Productive workplace
Office of General Counsel (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 7, 2014
Morgan State provides an innovative and unique working environment that strives and encourages individuals to do their best.
Fun and interesting place to work.
Data Clerk (Former Employee), Baltimore, MdJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch, help with tuition.
Cons: over worked.
I assisted incoming students with their application process, and took incoming students on tours of the college campus. The most enjoyable part of my job was the diversity I encountered. The hardest part of my job was turning some students down to the University. Overall I really enjoyed my job and the people I encountered there.
great HBCU
Digital Media Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: support
Cons: non if you work hard
I love Morgan it prepared me for the future. You have the support you need in order to succeed in life.
Productive and team oriented workplace
Construction Procurement Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: meeting a lot of new people; seeing the finished product in its entirety.
Cons: contractual
-To add paperwork to existing project folder; call clients to set up any meetings concerning the existing project. Create correspondence concerning the project such as contracts, meeting minutes, agenda, etc.
-Its always something new and exciting to learn in the business world of procurement.
-Assigns projects and assignments that she needs assistance – more... with.
-My coworkers and I work as a team on a daily basis to see that every clients needs are met.
-There is really nothing hard or difficult about my job.
-I love learning different things about the university, each project has something new and exciting that comes with it. Overall, I love learning new things and challenging my mind. Most importantly, I love seeing the finished product once the project is complete. – less
Learning experience
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 6, 2014
I worked in the motor pool and my job was to log all info in to the computer system about Msu motor fleet. That consisted of there shuttles, police cars, personal vehicles for certain staff. Once that was done I had to transport different Msu vip's to different locations through out the state of Maryland.
Assistantship
Assistantship (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: the job paid for most of my tuition
Cons: along with school work and outside work it added another 20 hours to my schedule every week.
Worked in fabrication lab helping educate and supervise students with tools, design, laser cutting, and materials.

Worked with designing the student handbook using publisher.

Using large open scanner and portable drive, I began digitally archiving all the work left and produced for the landscape architect department and upload in onto the school server.
It is an institution that makes teaching a pleasurable task. I enjoyed my interaction with staff, colleagues and students.
Lecturer, Department of Chemistry (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 4, 2013
I learned a lot about different cultures because Morgan is like an international institution where people from different countries can work in a peaceful atmosphere, cohabiting with no pressure. The staff cooperate well with faculty and the students also make teaching stress free. Many of them are willing to learn and will do everything to achieve their – more... desired goals. Like any job, there is always the down size of teaching and it is not limited to Morgan, and that has to do with not been rewarded for your hard-work as a teacher. Your students are better paid than you when they graduate and work in other spheres of life. – less
Importance of Communication
Case-study (2013) (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 27, 2013
Pros: it was hard to understand each other at the begining
Cons: we got the best result
Communication has become one of the most important factor these days. One of my experiences from school project set a good example of it. Eventhough, we were unable to meet each other, we communicated through skype and work through our project, which was great.
Good job...unorganized at times
Sports Director/News Anchor (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 11, 2013
Management was poor but people were nice. This is only good for a starting point not a career.
Productive and Fun
Library Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 16, 2013
Pros: on campus
Cons: not many hours
I tutored students, and was the newspaper boy, as well as responsible for all editorials and books in the library being stacked and organized into alphabetical order.
Fun and exciting, plenty to learn
Volunteer (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 14, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: nothing comes to mind
This was only a month long community service job. I got to work in the Dean's office doing whatever it is they needed me to do. This was a good way to spend my summer. This was also my introduction to the business world.
Assisting military personnel with academic and career goals.
Tutor (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 12, 2013
Pros: much freedom in how to get the job done.
Cons: little feedback on job performance.
Morgan State contracts this position and otherwise is not involved in the daily operations. This is disheartening when work reviews are made.
Ambition
Administrative Assistant / Football Office (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 9, 2013
college coaches assistant answer phones taking reservation talking to HS students of how great the school is and how wonderful it is to play a sport for Morgan state whats the benefits of schooling with Morgan state Explaing study hall explaining the schedules and etc
Resident Assitant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: busy
Cons: healthcare
Always working with people and resolving conflict with individuals makes me happy!
Great Place to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 25, 2013
I truly enjoyed working as a research assistant for the Department of Sociology and Anthropology!
I was a good experience working and studying at Morgan
Research Assistant (Former Employee), BaltimoreSeptember 23, 2013
Can't be at campus forever. Its time to look for a real job. I learned a lot of programming skills at Morgan and since it is a small university, the teacher to student ration is very good. I was personally trained by well qualified professors at Morgan.
It is ok.
Employee (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 1, 2013
Good place to work. Learned a lot about higher education. Co-workers are great and really helpful for students. Some days can be challenging but you must endure through those days for the students.

1 2 3