Morgan State University Employee Reviews

Great Experience
Research Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 8, 2017
I was working this positon while I was still at the University. I would work the university software to monitor and create updates for the ECE department. I also worked on the departments calendar. Management was great, always provided hours when needed as well as provide a space for me to focus on my studies doing my senior year.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low pay
Cardinal Health
Student Accountant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 31, 2016
Great job! Started with the company in an entry-level position and gain great transferable skills. In addition, the company continuously surpass each goal set each quarter.
Pros
Paid holiday, no weekends, and courtesy lunches
Cons
Promotions
Very Fast Pace
Campus Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 4, 2016
Overall, this shall be a stepping stone for advancement
Good for someone's first time job; High School Graduates.......................
Pros
Cons
Mandatory 4 hour overtime if relief doesn't show
Great team
Grants Assistant, Restricted Funds Accounting (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 17, 2016
My colleagues were very friendly, always looked forward to going to work - they were like family. Great benefits package too e.g. tuition and health cover.
Pros
Benefits - tuition
Welcome
Msu Tutoring Corps. (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 21, 2016
I enjoyed fixing up the various programs so they could run more smoothly then before. It had room for advancement but not much change in pay.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Pay hours minimal
Overall there is improvement
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 16, 2017
When I first started there, it was not a pleasant experience professionally. The students were great, but the administration was a headache. After a few years, things are getting better with the administration. It's actually a pleasure to work there now. It's good to see improvement year to year.
I love working at my current job but there is no growth.
Student Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandMay 4, 2016
Morgan State University afforded me the opportunity to work with students, staff and faculty. First position is to the students. I am responsible for logging in the student accountable mail and packages. I get to met students from outstate as well as out of the country. I've learned how to work with co-workers with different
personality and opinions as well as different nationality.

I hardest part of my job is having to tell a student "we have not received your mail or package". The most enjoyable part of the job is the smile on a students face when they received a check, package or mail from home.
Cons
Salary
productive work place working with incomming freshmen
CASA MENTOR (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 2, 2017
• Greeted and mentored new incoming freshmen
• Conducted campus tours to prospective students and their families
• Tutored existing students with various subjects.
• Worked with various departments and committees to assist with developing retention/recruiting programs for high school students
This is a good place to work in
Lab Instructor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 5, 2017
Job Places are supposed to be fun places , where there is a constant transfer of information from one mind to the other. The Experience was wonderful, and was able to transmit and receive info to people I was working with
Pros
time flexibility
Cons
short period
Hard Work
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 18, 2017
I learned how to put together computer hardware. My manager was very nice and was a great teacher. The company was a big fan of expanding your learning. I learned a lot about hard from this company

Want to know more about Morgan State University?

Ask a question
Higher Education work place
Head of Department (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 12, 2017
Come to work and do your job and you will be fine. no nonsense when it comes to missing work. but does allow for family to stop in and allows children to be at work with you.
Productive and fun place to work and advance.
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 28, 2016
A good and fun place to work. You are treated like a family. Employees are provided with opportunities for training and career advancement.
Pros
Good job culture
Cons
Unattractive Compensation
Helpful place for matriculating students
CETACT Student Researcher (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 23, 2017
The main tasks I have are aimed towards my graduation. While currently working on my thesis, my adviser helps with my academia as well as giving me lessons on what is expected of me in the work force.
Productive and fun-loving work environment that places premium on employee development
Morgan State University (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDApril 28, 2016
Managing a process improvement project that updates the standard operating procedures by collaborating with sectional heads, unit supervisors, and information technology department. Sending and responding to management reports about status of current projects. Sitting on a team that identifies process improvement initiatives in the department to increase performance targets.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Loved this Job
Accounting Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 20, 2017
Everything about working here I loved. I worked with some awesome people and had an awesome supportive supervisor. I would go back to this in a minute if the opportunity was given.
Loved it!
Lead Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 21, 2016
Working as an RA is bittersweet. Trying to balance campus life and have fun while being watched because you're a "role model' on campus was hard. But it also kept me in check and allowed me to grow as a person.
A check when I needed one
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 12, 2016
I work very hard and although I have two degrees advancement is not possible and the pay is weak, especially since I wear more than one hat.
Morgan State is a good university, HR is terrible
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Human ResourcesJuly 30, 2016
I loved the students and other departments that serve the students. I worked in HR and the department is horrible. The HR department need restructuring starting with the leadership. The department policies are old and not effective. The HR department should be the face of the organization, however its a disgrace of MSU.
Pros
Students, free tuition
Cons
Unorganized, poor leadership
Simple but Productive.
IT Computer Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 6, 2016
I go in, go to my supervisor's office to get my badge, and I go to computer lab after computer lab to check and inspect the equipment
such as the computers and printers until the end of my shift.
Fast paced environment
Contractual Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21251November 9, 2016
It is always a day on. There is always something that needs to be done to ensure the employees are taken care of. Providing the best customer service possible is top priority.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan State University. Our community is ready to answer.

Morgan State University Reviews by Location