Morgan State University Employee Reviews

Fun, Exciting and Hands On
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 28, 2015
Once I arrive to my work desk I immediately observe the work area and tools. It is very interesting working with students and helping them create projects and objects. I learned to find solutions to every problem and to work fast on my feet. The management is great in every aspect. The hardest part of the job is when trying to help solve problems for our customers/students. The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to work with students and peers.
Morgan State University, an important part of the higher education system in Baltimore City, the State of Maryland, and the nation.
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 11, 2015
Customer Relations Specialist

As a Customer Relations Specialist, I am an information and resource area for all visiting, students, parents, internal staff and faculty members. I have a vast knowledge of all things campus related such as: Campus Life and Activities, Campus Directions and Maps, Directory Assistance, Package Delivery and Pick up, as well as other Academic School and Administrative office Information.

My duties include, assisting with questions regarding:

•Financial Aid,
•Bursar,
•Records & Registration,
•Admissions
•Residence Life
What I learned
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 9, 2015
I learned alot about office dynamics from this jobs. I was able to received the needed guidance in order to me to gains skills in working with people.
Very Prodctive
Business Department Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 2, 2015
This Business Department really had the best workers ever. The workers was nice and educational. They helped their students and they provided all the support possible. We all worked together to get the job done and with everybody pulling their weigh we always got the job done
Always Busy
Public Safety Aide (Security Officer) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 23, 2015
Your days won't be dull, working at a college campus with give you the best experience and opportunity for to take with you for life.
Pros
Full Benefit Jobs
Cons
Short Breaks, Minimum Pay.
Cyber security summer internship
Summer Lab Researcher (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 18, 2015
learning about LAN network on cyber test bed. malware and other virus signatures . presented a paper in cyber security in October that year based on the research done in the summer .
Pros
no fixed time
Cons
parking
Great Place for a Carrer and Higher Education
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 15, 2015
Excellent University and a great fit for anyone that wants to help undergrad to grad level student become successful in the present and future endeavors
Pros
Growing and Expanding
Cons
N/a
Flexible work environment
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 10, 2015
Great work environment. Competent co-workers and management,
Various design related duties. Logos, brochures, fliers, video editing, photography.... good times.
Pros
Telecommute, flexible schedules
Cons
Contractual.
A lot of work for close to nothing.
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 5, 2015
you are expected to finish work that is above your pay-grade. Underfunded labs and uncomfortable environment. However, I learned a lot being their; especially team work.
Productive at times
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Baltimore MdAugust 31, 2015
Nice and easy work days not very long or tedious work and nice work environment. Great job if your just getting into working
Pros
Simple Job
Cons
Not many benifits unless your a state worker
Ok place to work but no opportunities for growth
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 27, 2015
Work is ok but culture is very bias. Especially if your not an alumni and have great strengths to advance. Be prepared to come, get experience and leave.
Pros
Technology Savy
Cons
Glass Cieling
Productive and fun place to work with intelligent people
Student Researcher (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 15, 2015
We started every day by a meeting telling what we have done, what need to be done. I learned time management and efficient way to do research in a particular subject. The hardest part of the job was to narrow the subject and to allow it to fit our goals. My co-workers were ready to help and to explain what was not clear. We won a $100,000.00 Maryland Innovation Award.
Pros
decent work place
Cons
interrupted sometime by classes lab
Good place
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee) –  U.S.A.July 29, 2015
Good place to work as a student. Provided good work experience and an income while studying. Nurturing environment. Nothing much else to say.
Morgan State was one of the best jobs I ever had
Development Assistant - Office of Development (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 14, 2015
Morgan State University was a great place to work. I learned a lot about higher education and the people I worked with became a family to me. I enjoyed working with the students and being able to assist them with scholarships.
Pros
two weeks off for the Christmas holiday
Cons
some staff didn't have a pleasant attitude
Very organized and great working conditions
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 7, 2015
Really enjoyed working at Morgan State University. Had the chance to use all my great office skills. Learned a lot of clerical skills, especially Excel.
Fun school to attend
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 1, 2015
Morgan State University is a good school. I did there my graduate education and can say that their education equip students with average skills for the job market. However if you add an extra mile on your own by more readings and internships you become more equipped for job market competition. Working as a research assistant was a good experience for me. We were able to get some grants and publish a few works. The hard part of research assistant-ship is to get grants and academically acceptable work to publish.
transitional experience
Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore MDMay 14, 2015
Check the other Morgan State review. It is exactly the same review. I love working here for different reasons. Company culture is one and the work I do will help me transition to another company when I graduate.
Life as a Program Coordinator
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  baltimore,mdApril 19, 2015
• Oversee assigned daily program operations for students.
• Coordinate monitors and/or supervise the activities of assigned to Resident Assistants and Desk Attendants.
• Develop and schedule program activities in accordance with specifications and funding limitation.
• Administrate duties related to planning, directing, and coordinating both the academic and operational activities of the residency programs.
Good, however, the pay could be better
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 25, 2015
Could be better... The atmosphere is great for students to learn, however, there is room for imporvemnt when it comes to the professors. A need for updated curriculum as well as young professors are sorely needed.
Pros
great atmosphere for students to learn
Cons
the building i work in is old, however, improvements have been made.
Finance and Management
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 20, 2015
* A typical day at work is getting the job completed.
* I've learned how to manage an office and staying calm.
* Always remember FFC (Firm, Fair, and Consistent)
* Co-Workers enjoy my work ethics.
* Getting employees to adapt to new changes
* Upper authority smiling
Pros
1-hr break for lunch
Cons
everyone is not on the same page