Morgan State University Employee Reviews

Life at Morgan
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 11, 2017
Morgan is a great place that has a lot to offer! A typical day at Morgan consisted of helping students advance to the next level and become the best student that they can be.
Very Productive place
Student Counselor/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 9, 2017
Morgan State University was a great place to work with very wonderful people. They care about their students and really look to help them after graduation in terms of getting jobs.
Pros
Work flexibility
Cons
Pay
i had fun
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 4, 2017
i was there as volunteer it was place in the international office i stayed with them for 3 months and i like it, honestly because it was just volunteering.
Morgan state University
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 2, 2017
Morgan Is a great school. From the teachers to the courses they offer it is becoming a world rekown instituin for learning! The work study jobs are also very rewarding.
Great students make it a fun place to work.
JELMA DIGITIZATION PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 30, 2017
Creative environment. Enjoyed working with the students. Facilities are in great shape. Budget for new equipment is scarce. The hardest part of the job was finding funding.
Pros
Great students!
Cons
Lack of funding
Hbcu; great academic and athletic atmosphere
Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 13, 2017
Morgan always had a reputation for athletics, What I found was a university that helped to bring kids along academically. Some of these students had no other opportunities other than MSU for college. They helped these kids become productive members of society.
Pros
atmosphere, mission, comrarderie
Cons
lack of funding
Fast paced
Desk Attendant - Residence Life and Housing (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 5, 2017
Working in the residence halls takes patients and a cool head. Needs to be able to mediate conflict, understand rules of residence halls. Knowing how to communicate effectively and follow directions.
Pros
very flexible schedule
Great School
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 5, 2017
I only worked here as a student but my experience was great as a student and as an employee. I learned a lot about independence and completing tasks. I recommend.
Was not valued for the tremendous hard work that was done.
Academic Advisor & Full Professor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 31, 2017
It was extremely meaningful work working with the students. Staff issues made the work environment stressful at times. And salaries were low for the amount of course work and student advising.
Pros
Working with students
Cons
Staff that did not want to change to better students.
Nice Adjunct Position
Adjunct Nursing Professor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 18, 2017
Great for a part-time faculty position. I haven't worked there full time (Nursing), but its a nice enviornment, lots of independence in class management. Supportive Dean.
Slow paced and a good college job.
Laboratory Aide II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 8, 2017
The faculty is amazing in the IE department. There is very little work you can actually do without stepping on anyone's toes. They allow you to do school work in your spare time.
Pros
Easy
Cons
It helps the students with funding for school
Welcome/Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 21, 2017
fun work place, however, need more employees for that position. The amount of call overpower the call center personal. the enjoyable part of the job, is helping the students with their problems
Pros
the hours
Cons
short breaks
Resplendent Legacy
Senior Media Specialist and Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 11, 2017
As one of the oldest HBCUs in the United States, Morgan State University continues the tradition of giving their best effort in providing education that is competitive and significant for all their students. Being an integral part of their expansion and upgrade process during the 2003 through 2008 renaissance, I have witness first hand Morgan State's commitment to forward thinking and state of the art technologies.
Pros
Helping Students learn and seeing their receptiveness
Cons
Poor Mangement
Great environment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 10, 2017
Pros

easy place to work at.
Friendly co-workers
Living arrangement is fully furnished

Cons
management not as supportive
Training is not adequate to deal
Hands on plenty of room for growth
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 9, 2017
I liked working here. I was able to go beyond just my basic title. I learned a lot at MSU. Very hands on and allows you to be very involved with the University.
cool
LABORATORY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 2, 2017
working at Morgan State University was a fun experience. My manager was very understanding. the working environment was very friendly. it was truly a memorable experience
Awesome place to work. Learned so much
Assistant (Former Employee) –  EVRL Lab Shaffer School of EngineeringJune 23, 2017
I really enjoyed working here. Morgan is a great environment to work, learn, and grow in. I highly recommend it to other students looking to grow their resumes.
Great place to work i just need more monwy
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  1700 coldspring laneJune 22, 2017
Very nice place to work people are friendly just looking to better myself with a better opportunity the work not hard I been doing floors here for the last 12 years and I enjoy it but just looking for a part time job for more cash stability
Pros
Flexible
Cons
I really have nothing bad to say about morgan state
average
Lab Manager/Research Assistant/Lab Instructor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 16, 2017
average on the scale of 1-10
Not too much to say
it is a job
Working with students is rewarding bot other than that there are infrastructure and administrative issues that are frustrating.
Teaching
Advice and counsel students (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 14, 2017
This is a part-time job. I was giving few classes to teach. I taught Advance Accounting, Federal Tax and Advance Accounting. The students were in their senior years ready to graduate.
Pros
learning
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan State University. Our community is ready to answer.

Morgan State University Reviews by Location