Morgan State University Employee Reviews

It helps the students with funding for school
Welcome/Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 21, 2017
fun work place, however, need more employees for that position. The amount of call overpower the call center personal. the enjoyable part of the job, is helping the students with their problems
Pros
the hours
Cons
short breaks
Resplendent Legacy
Senior Media Specialist and Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 11, 2017
As one of the oldest HBCUs in the United States, Morgan State University continues the tradition of giving their best effort in providing education that is competitive and significant for all their students. Being an integral part of their expansion and upgrade process during the 2003 through 2008 renaissance, I have witness first hand Morgan State's commitment to forward thinking and state of the art technologies.
Pros
Helping Students learn and seeing their receptiveness
Cons
Poor Mangement
Great environment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 10, 2017
Pros

easy place to work at.
Friendly co-workers
Living arrangement is fully furnished

Cons
management not as supportive
Training is not adequate to deal
Hands on plenty of room for growth
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 9, 2017
I liked working here. I was able to go beyond just my basic title. I learned a lot at MSU. Very hands on and allows you to be very involved with the University.
cool
LABORATORY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 2, 2017
working at Morgan State University was a fun experience. My manager was very understanding. the working environment was very friendly. it was truly a memorable experience
Awesome place to work. Learned so much
Assistant (Former Employee) –  EVRL Lab Shaffer School of EngineeringJune 23, 2017
I really enjoyed working here. Morgan is a great environment to work, learn, and grow in. I highly recommend it to other students looking to grow their resumes.
Great place to work i just need more monwy
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  1700 coldspring laneJune 22, 2017
Very nice place to work people are friendly just looking to better myself with a better opportunity the work not hard I been doing floors here for the last 12 years and I enjoy it but just looking for a part time job for more cash stability
Pros
Flexible
Cons
I really have nothing bad to say about morgan state
average
Lab Manager/Research Assistant/Lab Instructor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 16, 2017
average on the scale of 1-10
Not too much to say
it is a job
Working with students is rewarding bot other than that there are infrastructure and administrative issues that are frustrating.
Teaching
Advice and counsel students (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 14, 2017
This is a part-time job. I was giving few classes to teach. I taught Advance Accounting, Federal Tax and Advance Accounting. The students were in their senior years ready to graduate.
Pros
learning
ok
Lab Technician Assistant/ Lab Clerk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 8, 2017
ok, cool, great learning experience. Taught me more about my major and enhanced one's knowledge in the biology career field. I would def recommend it to any bio major.

Want to know more about Morgan State University?

Ask a question
A Good place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 7, 2017
I enjoy working at Morgan State University. I have a very encouraging boss who values my opinion and uses my suggestions and allowed to contribute.
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 26, 2017
I had an amazing career at Morgan and miss the employees because the environment that was created was unmatched. Having an effect on the lives of youth was quite rewarding.
Life of a Part Time Coach
Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 26, 2017
A typical work day includes getting to work before practice time, and ensuring that all my equipment are in place before my athletes arrive for training. I have learned that management of a group affects the performance of that group. At Morgan the workplace culture is to not always dress and look like a coach, but to present oneself in a professional manner off the field. The hardest part of the job is investing time and effort into an athlete who does not see their potential and treat practice flippantly.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being at a track meet and seeing my athlete progress from the knowledge I impart to them.
Research and Learning
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 19, 2017
This opportunity gave me the ability to understand academia from a professors perspective and it also gave me the ability to express everything that I learned!
Pros
Fun, Leadership position
Cons
Hours of grading
Productive, relaxing
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 13, 2017
Working at Morgan state for work study was interesting, I got to see what really goes on in my department of study. Also, I liked being able to help students in my same department.
absolute fun place to be
Telecommunications assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 10, 2017
Easy to work in environment
Mangers handle pressuring situations with composer
Always fun interacting with customers and meeting their needs
I would recommend this job to anyone looking for work study jobs in college. It was very informal and an overall good experience.
productive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 3, 2017
office environment with heavy phone calls. A lot of paper work and filing was involved with this position. Personnel assistant to the manager of the office
Pros
lunch on campus
Cons
location
Growing university that strives to help develop young people.
Director of Equipment Operations (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 2, 2017
Great place to work. Committed to the growth of the young person and the development of them as a total person not just a college student. Would refer other professionals to work here.
Student Athletic Advisory Committee (SAAC) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 5, 2017
typrical workday was calm
I learned essentially how to delegate responsibilities
Management was very understanding to my needs
Hardest part of the job was learning how to make people want to follow me
A challenging and changing culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 30, 2017
There are many things about Morgan that work for the individual and the institution- modernization and systems processes are going on at a fast and productive pace, innovative ideas in the sciences and technology are welcomed, and the campus is a beautiful and friendly environment.

The down-side is the cronyism and lack of accountability/transparency that allows lots of things to fall through the cracks or protects bad players while hard workers carry the load.
Pros
Good benefit package
Cons
Most new positions are contracted

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan State University. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval