Morgan State University Employee Reviews

Work Study
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 9, 2018
Work Study was good for college students who needed a little cash from time to time. It isn't one of those jobs you can build a living from because you are not making that much, but you do learn about working in an office setting.
Pros
On Campus
Cons
No Benefits
Morgan state is a good place to work
Assistant IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 31, 2018
If you are looking for an environment to work and school, Morgan state university is the place. it has great flexibility for you as a student and a staff.
Morgan State
Graduate Assistant/Fabrication Lab Employee (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 26, 2018
Working at Morgan State and earning my Master's here was a great balance between school and work. The balance taught me to work on homework and work in the fabrication lab assisting other students. Thank you for the opportunity Morgan State!
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 17, 2018
Very friendly environment to teach and learn new things. Students are good and office environment is also good. The job is part time to not able to involve in different activities.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
No professional growth oppurtunity
Great
Google Teacher Assistant and Tutor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 16, 2017
As a recent grad, I loved working as undergrad researcher while receiving my Bachelor's in Computer Science. What I was learning in the classroom related to what I needed to accomplish for my research.
Good Job,Perfect Job, Nice Environment, and friend culture
Teaching Assistance (Lecturer) (Current Employee) –  School of EngineeringDecember 9, 2017
Perfect Job, Nice Environment, and friend culture. morgan state university is free of any misconduct
School of Engineering, Baltimore M.D
Electrical And Electronics Engineering and computer
• Supervising Student activities.
• Assisting teacher giving Lesson and grading.
• Good background in Academic and Administrative Support
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
healtcare
fast paced
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 7, 2017
I had the opportunity to learn about the application and admissions process, transcript evaluations, Artsys, articulation agreements and academic advising.
Productive and fun learning atmosphere
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 28, 2017
I enjoyed working with the research team and the supervisor at Morgan State University. It was a great learning environment for me to enhance my scientific knowledge and techniques.
ok
Men's Basketball Coach (Assistant) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 5, 2017
Very stressful environment. Great people!! The campus is fabulous and the president is very supportive and has a great vision for the school and the future.
great university
Assiatant football coach (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 2, 2017
i will recommend working working there. i recommend students attending the school. i enjoy working there. institution is a very friendly environment. great place
Productive and relaxed environment
Athletic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 19, 2017
A typical day at work is quick paced but relaxed. I help to keep my employer organized and up to date. I work rigorously with Word document and Excel. Organizing and filing to keep the work environment relaxed.
Life at Morgan
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 11, 2017
Morgan is a great place that has a lot to offer! A typical day at Morgan consisted of helping students advance to the next level and become the best student that they can be.
Very Productive place
Student Counselor/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 9, 2017
Morgan State University was a great place to work with very wonderful people. They care about their students and really look to help them after graduation in terms of getting jobs.
Pros
Work flexibility
Cons
Pay
i had fun
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 4, 2017
i was there as volunteer it was place in the international office i stayed with them for 3 months and i like it, honestly because it was just volunteering.
Morgan state University
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 2, 2017
Morgan Is a great school. From the teachers to the courses they offer it is becoming a world rekown instituin for learning! The work study jobs are also very rewarding.
Great students make it a fun place to work.
JELMA DIGITIZATION PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 30, 2017
Creative environment. Enjoyed working with the students. Facilities are in great shape. Budget for new equipment is scarce. The hardest part of the job was finding funding.
Pros
Great students!
Cons
Lack of funding
Hbcu; great academic and athletic atmosphere
Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 13, 2017
Morgan always had a reputation for athletics, What I found was a university that helped to bring kids along academically. Some of these students had no other opportunities other than MSU for college. They helped these kids become productive members of society.
Pros
atmosphere, mission, comrarderie
Cons
lack of funding
Fast paced
Desk Attendant - Residence Life and Housing (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 5, 2017
Working in the residence halls takes patients and a cool head. Needs to be able to mediate conflict, understand rules of residence halls. Knowing how to communicate effectively and follow directions.
Pros
very flexible schedule
Great School
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 5, 2017
I only worked here as a student but my experience was great as a student and as an employee. I learned a lot about independence and completing tasks. I recommend.
Was not valued for the tremendous hard work that was done.
Academic Advisor & Full Professor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 31, 2017
It was extremely meaningful work working with the students. Staff issues made the work environment stressful at times. And salaries were low for the amount of course work and student advising.
Pros
Working with students
Cons
Staff that did not want to change to better students.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan State University. Our community is ready to answer.

Morgan State University Reviews by Location