Morgans Hotel Group Employee Reviews in United States

The worst
security specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLNovember 10, 2015
The HR department was corrupt and biased. I went through 3 directors of my department in a year and a half because the HR department kept choosing horrible candidates for the director's position and laid off or overlooked the best ones. Morgan's hotel group doesn't know what they are doing and that is why they are doing so poorly financally. If you don't believe me, just look at their stocks right now. What they pay their employees is also very behind the new hotels opening on south beach, but they're so cheap and broke that they refuse to give raises. For the time I worked there, I never saw a single raise. Don't trust the Delano hotel especially. The corruption however comes all the way up from the NY corporate office. I do not recommend anyone working at the Delano hotel especially.
Pros
Free lunches, benefits
Cons
Biased and corrupt HR, bad wages, incompetent executives
Easy going fun place to work
Jr. Assistant Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLFebruary 9, 2015
Laid back work environment, yet everyone is on the ball...good guest relationship. Not stuffy like other places, you can be yourself!
Pros
free lunches, parking lottery, incentives, gift cards for jobs well done
Cool, collective atmosphere which enables you to complete your duties under your own discretion.
Guest experience (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 22, 2015
I've worked within guest experience for Morgan's for the past 9 years and I have to say it's been a great experience. Flexible hours, the means to make descent money and a good managerial staff.
Great Company
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, Los Angeles and San FranciscoJuly 12, 2014
Great company
friendly staff
Great GM
Demanding position
Learned a lot and had many opportunities to grow
Quality Properies
Catering Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2014
Great hotels and good people to work with. Competent staff, and a good life work balance.
Growing Company
Regional Group Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2014
Selling the Morgans Hotel Group was difficult due to the lack of meeting space and the high goals. Over all it is a good company and as I was leaving my last position there, they were going through some positive change within the organization.
Pros
supportive peers
Cons
turnover- job security
Learn
Night Manager/AFOM (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 19, 2014
I learned a lot from Morgans. Some good, some bad. All in all it was a great experience.
Cons
401k not provided
IT Manager/Support Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2013
Challenging and rewarding environment. Great and supportive team of people.
Fast pace, fun work place
mini-bar attendant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 10, 2013
I enjoy my job greatly because i see so many people from all over the world. I like a challenge that any day might presnt to me if it is prepping 80% of the hotel for incomming Guest or Setting up Room service for a party being held at the hotel. A typical day at work for me has a routine of paperwork to prepare myself to enter guest rooms, prepare my inventory and have enought items in my cart to replenish all 309 rooms in the hotel. I have learned hot to communicate among the great variety of cultures i see very day. Unfortunaly the only down side of my job is that it is a corporation that very rarely allows for internal growth of employees, they do recognize the great work done but no room to move up.
Pros
free lunch, great co-workers, great enviroment, great benefits.
Cons
no oportunities to grow within the company
Poor executive staff that only trickles down the ladder
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2013
Typical day at work was twiddling your thumbs. Literally. In order to add some value to your day, you have to be a go-getter and make things happen. If you're looking to advance your career, this is not the place. They will create new job titles for "advancement" but with zero compensation. Human Resources is a terrible resource. Execs at this company fear the union workers and allow them to run the show while middle management are subjected to useless SOPs with zero accountability. Most enjoyable part is the people and the employee room rates. They hire some great talent but sadly do not know how to retain the good and keep the bad.
Pros
people
Cons
zero opportunity for advancement, high turnover
Not a Place to work for Talented Minority
Accouting (Former Employee) –  New YorkMarch 2, 2013
This company promotes people who they like, and same ethnic background. Hiring policy is not fair. Minority don't get chance.
Cons
no job security, stressfull, make you work for 2 position to save money.
Fun employees
Accounts Paybale Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLFebruary 1, 2013
Great company mission.
More room for growth and learning is needed.
Better upper management support.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Fun employees
Great company value.
More room for growth and learning was missing.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
disrespectful management
operations (Former Employee) –  delanoJanuary 20, 2013
In bullet points and simple :
*fake environment
*disrespectful upper management
*unorganized systems
*the only employees that last have been there for over 20 years...
Pros
nothing
Cons
horrible management
Working for Morgans Hotel Group allowed me to grow in so many ways and you certainly can learn a whole lot working there especially working with union
overnight housekeeping manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2013
It's a very fun place to work with a lot going on. I learned a whole lot working there, about different cultures, different people and how to deal with people on different levels. Management is somewhat tense at times since this is a union working place. Co- workers pretty good, there were ups and down at times, but that we never could handle. Working when the communication was at it's lowest point. Been able to help whenever needed to, no matter what. I love to see things done right.
Good people, Stressful environment
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2012
There are great people that work for MHG. Co workers become friends. Lots of people work very hard to make their hotels run smoothly. Unfortunately they underpay and over work their employees.
Top management are the worst, employees are great
Guest Service Associate, Shore Club (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLAugust 17, 2012
Get ready to deal with alot of customer complaints. The hotel is a South Beach fixture but the building is falling apart.
Pros
employees are hard working and willing to help. lower managers are usually hard working.
Cons
gm is a difficult person to work for.
Circus lounge
Counter Clerk Associate/Lobby Greeter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 11, 2012
The Morgans Hotel is definately the place to be. A company with such a great reputation, it reflects in every property it is affiated to. Unique designs, the place to be events, and a place you never know who you'll bump into. It is a brilliant reflection of its boldness and the place of style.
Pros
discounted rooms, disounts to the kitchen
Cons
short breaks