Morley Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Poor Management, unfair and unappreciative
Customer Service Representative-Bilingual (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 15, 2017
I worked for Morley back in the late 90's, I can see nothing has changed in relation to the culture of the atmosphere and its management. The co workers were very clickish and very unfriendly. Management was always breathing down your neck and no warm fuzzies. I got blamed for many mistakes there were committed by the other employees, eventually was fired. I was not given an opportunity to defend myself or prove them wrong. The supervisor commented that I came with high recommendations. No one should have to stay under bondage in that type of work environment. I agree with the others, it is not worth the stress. There are other better places to work at who will appreciate its employees and value their hard work.
Pros
Big boss gives you a cake for your birthday
Cons
Poor management, unfairness, negative environment, low morale
Good Job Bad Employees
GM Escalations Agent (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 15, 2017
Morley is a decent job. Full-Time, and Benefits. Would Be better without childish co-workers. Micro-Management is a problem. Overall the job is ok if you want steady pay.
Pros
2 Breaks and 1 Lunch, Benefits, Promised 40 hour
Cons
Poor Co-Workers, Micro-Management
Good for first time work experience. That's it.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 11, 2017
Have never worked for a company who so under-values its employees. You are viewed and treated as replaceable. Very little chance of advancement. Got one .25 cent raise after 3 years of working there making barely more than minimum wage. Take the job if you want a resume builder but don't expect this to be a forever employer!
Pros
Good first job, decent but expensive heath care
Cons
Management, wages, environment/culture, no advancement opportunities
What was I thinking?
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 3, 2017
I had read the various reviews, both good and bad and thought I would give it a try as everyone has their own opinions. Training was intense at 12 weeks for the BCBSM department. There were so many different websites that had to be used to look up information and it was very confusing and time consuming. Plus all the information that was given to you on a daily basis just made my head hurt, there was so much to try to retain. The pay and benefits to me, isn't worth the hassle, headaches, and stress. I wouldn't recommend working here, just not worth the stress.
Good if you don't have a social life
Roadside Agent (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 28, 2017
before i worked there, I heard bad things about the company. It took me to work there to understand where they were coming from. The company does not appreciate their employees.
Pros
having a job, helping others
Cons
not being able to use the restroom when you want
dont care to do this
Web Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 28, 2017
if you work anywhere make sure it is in a blue cross department. pretty much everything else is no good. I don't know the worst department to work in but any bcbs is great
turn over rate high for a reason
Roadside Assistance Agent (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 27, 2017
two 15 min breaks 1 30 min break. when there's no team members there its hard to get the job done if you need searches. most enjoyable part is probably being able to eat at the desk.
Pros
free key chain
Cons
the job
Don't Do It
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 24, 2017
Morley as a company cracks me up. Supposed to be so family oriented but do not care about the people making them their money. Some of the management makes you feel like you are back in high school. Can't trust some of the team leaders because they will gossip about your business. They do not enforce the rules for everyone. If they do not like you, they will find something petty to throw at you and eventually fire you. It's crazy how many people come and go from Morley. The stuff the employees have to take on thee phones from these customers is ridiculous, it just gets to be too much.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
The company
Poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 22, 2017
Few supervisors possesed the appropriate leadership skills to lead a team of their own. Lack of experience and knowledge of the job unimpressed team members causing turmoil on the production floor. Lack of willingness to help those around. Inappropriate relationships between supervisors and coworkers. Overall majority of the supervisors are unqualified, lazy, and have terrible attitudes.
Pros
Fair breaks and lunches. Overtime availability.
Cons
Poor management.
Very High Expectations - Low Compensation
Roadside Agent (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 22, 2017
In the Call Centers:
Many of Morley's employees are very nice people. It is a good place for older computer literate people to work because they may not be as mobile as the younger crowd.
The call centers are high priority and high expectations. The company expects a lot, the members/customers/supervision also expect a lot from individual. The money is okay, but by the time you loose $150 a week in insurance for benefits it starts to be difficult to justify as a good income.
As mentioned, if you are older and wish to have a job that does not require a great deal of physical stamina it is ok; however it will take a lot out of you mentally since you are multi-tasking almost constantly.
Pros
It is an income with benefits available.
Cons
not worth the income, can be highly stressful
DBC Sales
DBC Sales (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 16, 2017
Never thought about doing a review until working here. First of all, training is a month and a half long for my position at 10 dollars an hour which you can not miss one day during and you have to "graduate" after training to work by yourself or else they will downgrade you to another department. They expect you to learn all of the responses, programs, dates, how to document while talking etc which is entirely too much for the pay. For an example, I talked to someone who said it took them 8 months to learn everything and how to do it right. However, if you need short term employment which was my case its good since you get paid for sitting in a class 40 hours a week. Everyone pretty much gets paid rate the same unless your in the auto parts department and you have experience with car parts so I wouldn't suggest seeking a career with this company cause in reality they don't care about you. And yes you are micromanaged with using the bathrooms. Last but not least, good luck getting time off cause they couldn't care less if the world was ending...oh you're coming to work
Pros
They hire anybody, get paid for sitting in a class for training, You talk with Dealers not customers (with this position)
You Don't Want To Work Here
NA (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 5, 2017
One of the worst places to work. Low pay for what is expected of you, if you are not a favorite you don't matter. Micromanaged - you can't even go to the bathroom when you have to and the management is horrible. I have never seen a business managed so bad and unethical and don't stick to their policies. Don't bother applying - not worth the stress or time.
All around mess
Rescue Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 31, 2017
The team leaders didn't do adequate one on one meetings. No one was paid the same rate even those who had experience were under paid. The management waited almost two weeks before separating employment, then didn't have the call that they claimed got you terminated so you could hear it. Training was much to be desired. Two weeks of initial training then several training sessions after that just made everything confusing.
Pros
Some fun activities
Cons
Poor management, Unorganized
Very selfish company
GM DBC Call Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 26, 2017
Morley hires in any individual despite their ability or lack thereof. They also hire over qualified candidates. They pay terribly low wages. They only promote those with mean attitudes. They have a dress code created in 1940 that they refuse to update. HR will not return your calls once you are separated from the company. They will flat out tell you that they do not care about your children. You will be to work on time, everytime, or you will be fired. Just stay away.
Morley did not come as advertised
Real Time Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 22, 2017
During recruitment the HR reps don't mention the emotional stress that contact centers can bring. I saw many employees cave within their first weeks due to this and then they had to quit.

Also, the facitly I worked in was often dirty and viruses ran amok between employees due to the unsanitary conditions. the parking lots were filthy with trash of all kinds strewn about.
Cons
short breaks, healthcare, pay scale
Professional and easy.
Roadside Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 17, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Morley and would possibly go back in the future. I like how you have your own responsibilities, but there is still someone to fall back on.
Raises are terrible advancement is only given by favoritism
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 16, 2017
This company moves people up based off if you two are cool. I worked there 2 years and got 29 cents in raises. management is not helpful at all. Knowing more than the supervisors was very puzzling to me as they should know as much as i do. the hardest part is dealing with back to back calls due to being shortstaffed. If you dont like change this isnt the job for you. Things change literally every week.
Pros
free life insurance
Cons
Bad Management
Negative work environment
Marketing Chat Advisor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 14, 2017
I would recommend anyone who is interested in Morley to look elsewhere. The benefits are decent, however the pay is not the best and the pay raises are dismal (a yearly raise is less than 50 cents). Higher management is unhelpful and very professional with how they deal with concerns and issues that arise.
Not the best
Rescue Agent (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 2, 2017
The actual job is not hard. Training is spotty. Trainer is very boring but you only have to deal with it for 2 weeks. Management has no experience with common sense. HR can't answer questions on HR issues, they too busy calling ppl in office to find out who sleeping with who in the office. Schedule bid is a joke you have no way of knowing your stats before hand. When you get points for being late or absent they never roll off.
Pros
Job is easy
Cons
Management, schedule
Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 1, 2017
I enjoyed working for Morley the time I was there. I was happy to hear my department was closing. I liked my work schedule and the team I worked with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morley Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8