Morneau Shepell

Morneau Shepell Employer Reviews

Lack of Management, Direction and Employee Security
Client Services (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2015
Lack of Management, Direction and Employee Security. Lack of Advancement Opportunities.
Ok place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Dunwoody GeorgiaDecember 12, 2014
The job was a temporary job and I was not really able to access most of the company.There could have been more recognition for employees, and more assistance. The company is fairly new to the United States and their were some growing pains, and processed the were not in place.
Outsourcing
BENEFITS ANALYST (Current Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaDecember 2, 2014
Great outsourcing company. They are embarking and excelling on the Health Republic Entity. Morneau Shepell takes care of their employees and take pride in their product.
Difficult workplace
CALL CENTER COACH (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 15, 2014
Cons: benefits, salary
Hardest part of the job is to keep up with changes in upper management. No consistency.
Friendly but frustrating
Business Operations Administrator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 22, 2014
As a customer service representative, I hoped to help people solve their insurance problems and issues. It was frustrating that the only thing I could do was take their information and pass it along. Customers were frequently displeased with the lack of response, and I was unable to push for more assistance.
More work given than can be reasonably handled
CSR (Former Employee), Greentree, PAAugust 27, 2013
Pros: free healthcare
Cons: no advancement, rotating schedule makes it hard to plan anything outside of work (doctors appts, etc)
I was a Customer Service Representative doing medical and pension benefits for a fluctuating number of clients but the number was always 10+. The company seemed as though it was going to move it's US base to Atlanta, Ga when they opened a call center down there. A significant number of upper level client directors and processing analysts took more secure employment opportunities. The company has only hired a few people here and there to replace the lost directors and analysts. As a result, an unreasonable amount of work is circulated to everyone who is left. A typical day for a CSR is answering 30-50+ phone calls, managing client email boxes (and responding to emails asap), keeping detailed notes of each call, handling emergency updates by sending password encrypted emails to carrier contacts, working to resolve ongoing issues, and keeping track of everything you do because it's very important that you be able to account for 90% of what you do all day if asked to produce such a record. It's an "everything needed to be done yesterday but don't worry you might get a $0.20cents/hour raise next year if you continue to work yourself into the dirt" kind of attitude/atmosphere and not a company I would recommend to anyone. They have promoted CSR's twice in the few years I've been there but really promotions seem to be half based on nepotism and half on talent.
Lack of training, poor management,employees and management use drugs
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2013
Pros: the office is located in a nice building
Cons: management is horrible, breaks are short sometimes cancelled, people in the office aren't friendly, favoritism shown to certain employees
This is by far one of the worse call centers I ever had the pleasure of working in, the call center manager has no benefits knowledge and is quick to tell you that "this is not his job", it is very apparent he uses drugs along with several other employees including HR. The so called training consists of a powerpoint (if your so lucky), a few handouts and sitting with other employees for a few days. Benefits analysts were constantly complaining about their jobs as if they did anything to begin with. Other people in the office are not friendly and acted as if we were invading their space. If you are looking for a position where you won't be happy and will dread coming to work everyday...this company is for you...if not, don't waste your brain cells.
Too much work and no OT pay
Disability Case Manager (Former Employee), Don Mills, OnFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: telecommute
Cons: workload unreasonable
The job was tele commute which has some benefits. However; the expectations were far too much. the compensation seems great but you put in a lot of hours. The hours you work are not paid for. You need to complete the work or it could become a performance issue. Everyone is in the same boat and struggling to keep up. I have previously done this type of work and never had or since then had any difficulty keeping up.
Great product, great people
Director of Business Development, U.S. Region (Current Employee), Lafayette, CAJanuary 3, 2013
Great opportunity, bad timing for me. Not yet fully committed to U.S. Market
Many opportunities to grow
Processing Analyst (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 11, 2012
Pros: free parking
Cons: parkway traffic
I enjoyed working at Morneau, the people were great and there were always opportunities to grow and expand your knowledge.
Very friendly atmosphere, management easy to work for
Telephone Operator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, Pa.August 6, 2012
Pros: gives you a better understanding of medical benefits.
Cons: not enough work hours
* A typical day at work is answering calls from insured customers wanting to know more about thier benefits.

* Learned how to understand medical and dental benefits not just for our clients but for myself also.

* Management and and co-workers were excellent, everyone got along and helped each other.

* The hardest part of the job was learning the different types of benefit coverage.

* The most enjoyable part of the job was help others understand thier medical benefits and getting them enrolled into a plan that met thier needs.
Callous and deceitful
Disability Management (Former Employee), MississaugaDecember 6, 2014
Pros: some flexibility on time
Cons: ruthless management.
I worked for FGI before it merged with shepell.
When it bought out our original company CHC dramatic changes occurred many of them nonsensical. People who had been long time employees were callously terminated. They liked playing the good cop / bad cop game whereby one would be "coaching" and the other terminating without any warning.
Expectations are unrealistic. If you have any compassion or empathy for your clients you are expected to put that aside. If not, you will be forced to quit or be fired. Beware kind folks!
Retirement Consultant
Consultant (Former Employee), TorontoNovember 19, 2014
Pros: my co-workers were nice. free coffee!
Cons: long hours, low pay, management lacks competence.
My job description was nothing close to the role. There is no support for employees. Compensation is lacking and is all over the place from employee to employee. Alan Torrie and Bill Morneau are not competent leaders and the employee engagement reflects this. There's been too much growth through acquisition. I'm surprised they have so much HR consulting for other companies when they lack the policies and processes in house. Every department is short staffed and it appears to be a company strategy to save money. Great for shareholders, bad for employee morale. Senior management thinks it's great that Morneau Shepell employees are huge users of the EFAP. So sad.
Productive and fun workplace
Client Care Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioNovember 17, 2014
Excellent colleagues to work with. Team atmosphere where everybody is willing to go the extra mile.
Average company
Financial Analyst - Bilingual (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 12, 2014
*Average Company
*Low compensation with very little increase
*Management do not treat you like an adult
*The tasks did not match the original job description. I found myself doing call center and being hooked to the phone all day long.
*Do not recommend this company
Productive and fun workplace, with fusball as a great team sport!
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great folks especially in peer groups, friendly, and fun place
Cons: stagnation on roles for years, pick-and-choose style office politics
Good work culture. Colleagues especially peers are better and nice.
Fast working environment
Accounts Receivable and Cash Applications (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 24, 2014
First couple of days was a little tough with a lot of information however I learned a lot from this place with 6 months contract.
Amazing place to help employees in need of support
Employee Assistance Clinical Care /Team Leader (Former Employee), Leader, SKApril 28, 2014
Pros: assisting people in crisis providing them with support
Cons: managment
 Initially respond to crisis calls and ensure a Client Care Counselor assists client until resolution.
 Connect clients with services and referrals within their area that provides support for immediate needs.
 Manage Call Center coverage and scheduling
 Collect and analyze client eligibility based on employment contract with company.
 Detailed record keeping
 Provide information on Shepell•fgi programs and services
 Manage client/Provider escalations and resolutions
Excellent Working Atmosphere
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 24, 2014
Excellent work atmosphere
Life/ Work Balance is easy to maintain.
Management provides support and gives you time to adapt and learn.
Professional environment, great learning experience
Actuarial Analyst (Former Employee), Halifax, NSApril 23, 2014
I worked at Morneau Shepell for a 4 month co-op placement. It was a full time job where I learned a lot of computer skills including Microsoft Office and how to work well in a professional office environment. My co-workers varied in age, back-ground, and roles in the office, so I learned to appreciate everything that each individual contributed. I really enjoyed working in Microsoft office designing spreadsheets and drafting reports.

1 2 3

About Morneau Shepell

Morneau Shepell helps organizations reduce costs and improve their competitive positions by supporting the financial security – Read more