Morning Pointe Employee Reviews

First job when I came to Indiana
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Franklin,indianaJuly 8, 2015
Direct care, little to no charting. It was not a challenging job. I did not feel fulfilled. I loved working closely to the residents and families. This facility was not Medicare licensed and staff was not able to do much as far as first aide and medical interventions.
Pros
Patient and family satisfaction.
Productive work place
CNA (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KYMarch 5, 2015
A typical night at work consist of cleaning, laundry, setting dinning room for breakfast, 2 hour checks, and answering call buttons. Morning Pointe was my first job working as a CNA and it has helped me practice a lot of skills I learned about in class. we had a really GREAT ED until she was in my opinion unfairly fired now we have an ED that has no medical background so a majority of time she has no idea what were talking about, and she does not respect her employees. Being that I work third shift I really only deal with one other coworker and we get along fine she cares about the residents as much as I do. The hardest part of my job is watching residents decline in health. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to interact with the residents an hear how much they appreciate my work and how sweet I am to me. Making them happy is my main concern.
Pros
improving my skills as a cna and interacting with the residents
Cons
managment
Taking care of patients
Assist residents (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAMarch 1, 2015
We would start off by serving breakfast then we would do showers get people dressed then do laundry. After all the cleaning is done we would serve lunch then lay people down fro naps and clean up from lunch and get ready for the next shift to come in.
Great people to be around. Very fun atmosphere
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYFebruary 3, 2015
Helped the elderly with what they needed. Feed them, shower and bed.

Woke them up some mornings, Dressed and had them ready for breakfast.
Pros
free food
Cons
bad management
Think twice before you work here!!
RA (Former Employee) –  Lenoir CityNovember 10, 2014
The management is Horrible!! The ED is spineless and the other ones are lacking in management skills! You would think if you were the manager and 80% of your staff has quit and the other 20% won't pick shifts up for you....YOU must be the problem. It's a shame that they are only there for a paycheck not the residents!! This is the residents home....you should respect their home and treat them with respect!! It has to be a horrible feeling for a residents not wanting some of the management team in their home but yet their say doesn't matter!! They spend $3000 ~ $6000 a month to live there....guess That's why they are looking for other places to live!! How would you feel if this was your home and you have say?!?
Pros
residents
Cons
too many to list!!
Smoke and Mirrors
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 27, 2014
It is based on a great concept but all about appearance. Behind the scenes the caregivers work like dogs with no help and unrealistic expectations. No support for the Director and they only want them to keep beds full, in any way possible. Regional managers say they are focused on the residents but sit and do nothing. They just want PR opportunities to keep the beds full. Regional managers are unprofessional and do nothing but always travel together and sit in the buildings at a table eating and playing on their computers all day. They just make appearances for a few hours and talk about how busy they are even though they sit and play on the computer all day. They make it a hostile work environment. If you do go to them they lie to appease you and turn against you making it impossible to succeed in the job. You are retaliated against if you address issues with staff or ask for help. They do it all behind the scenes and turn the main office against you, slowly pushing you out by making things hard on you and not responding to questions you have to ask them. If this company wants to fulfill its written mission, get did of the Regional managers, human resources and start fresh. There's good staff in your buildings, trust them and support them. Don't just focus on appearance of the buildings by spending money on fancy furniture. Invest in the staff and people they are caring for.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
poor staffing, turnover, no support, unprofessional regional staff
Great Place really great co-workers and very clean.
Maintenance Director (Former Employee) –  Russell, KYAugust 21, 2014
A typical day at work consist of prioritizing monthly task and completing them. I perfected my time management skills along with budgeting. Great co-workers and enjoyed helping the residents.
Pros
free lunches and great co-workers
Cons
na
Horrible Place that does not care about you
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Russell, KYJune 24, 2014
The Management doesn't care about your life. They pay you barely above minimum wage and if someone quits they take it out on everyone else. If you do choose to work there and you end up leaving I wouldn't give a notice because they will just fire you. Beware of management they will spring stuff on you all the time. If someone doesn't show for their shift they will make you stay or threaten your job.
Pros
great residents
Cons
everything else
Productive and caring environment
Housekeeping Director- I (Current Employee) –  Russell, KYJanuary 1, 2014
I'm the housekeeping director I typically clean resident's rooms and various areas of the building. I also assign two rooms per day per department for the resident assistants to clean. I manage my inventory and maintain a budget. I've learned how to work independently, manage my time, and work with my team members. The management team and co-workers are all very caring and wonderful to work with. The hardest part of my job is the physical aspect of constantly moving and having to lift heavy equipment. The most enjoyable part of my job is to work among the residents whom I enjoy engaging in conversation and learning about them.
Pros
free lunches, compensation, benefits
Cons
short breaks
Unprofessional
Resident Assisant (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNNovember 29, 2013
Ill get started on what was expected as a resident assistant. Basic housekeeping, setting up the dining room, laundry and non stop running. This was a very interesting job. It is made for someone that has plenty of time and can cover all shifts. My first impression was that Morning Pointe had a professional atmosphere to it. Which I was completely wrong about when it had came to management. Management on a daily basis were very un professional. I had experienced watching it happen. Example one of the residents "we're pushing the button too much". Which they honestly do not care about the residents. The residents are the best part of the job. I loved being around them and I cared about them. It was very frustrating to see how they were treated. The food is over processed to the point it is harmful. This is the most disappointing place I have ever worked. I would suggest if you take this job as a resident assistant, you have a strong heart. Also the ability to stand up for your self as well as, these poor residents..
Pros
the residents
Cons
management, short breaks, and unprofessional work place
Great working environment.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNNovember 27, 2013
I love my job. I have learned patience. I love getting to know the residents and their families. I love to help out and be apart of something. I plan to pursue a career in health care.
Laid Back enviorment with a Take Charge Crew
Cook (Current Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNNovember 20, 2013
I would come in the morning starting at 6 am
Cook breakfast for up to 30 people
Do Dishes
Make Lunch for 60 people by 12 pm
Pros
i love the fact you have your own personal influence over the meals
Cons
short breaks, short staffed, and tough work enviorment
Not Worth Your Time
Cook (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNNovember 16, 2013
Your morals will be tested here. All staff except for upper management are underpaid and understaffed. They should install a revolving door for RA's. They put on a big show to get people to become residents, talk about how much everyone is loved and falsely give the impression that fine dining is in order. What a joke!! Most foods are pre-cooked, over-processed and full of junk! If they want residents to have longevity and good health, it needs to start with good nutrition. The food budget is lower (about 68% lower) than standards set for assisted living over 6 years ago. These poor residents are being ripped off!! All kitchen staff have no time to take breaks or a proper lunch break and same for RA's. RA's are left to work alone many shifts and responsible for 30+ people at a time. Residents realize what is going on there; they can see that the place is understaffed; they must know there is a problem with new staff coming and going at a rate of about 5 people per month. Until this place realizes what big mistakes they are making, it will never be a fit place to work. Communication is a big problem and there is no standard of training for new hires. Upper management does not care about who YOU are....they will act like they do and talk about you behind your back or worse. You absolutely have to be an a** licker to stay and be willing to work very hard for very little. I sure learned a lot about Corporate Greed!!
Pros
free lunch for 6 hours or more of work
Cons
little to no breaks or lunch. constant stress and demands.
Run as fast as you can!!!!!!!!
Previous employee (Former Employee) –  Lenoir City, TnOctober 4, 2013
I turned down several better paying jobs to take a job at Morning Pointe. They are one of the lowest paying assisted living facility around. If you want a secure feeling in your job you will RUN from this place. Management doesn't have a clue of what to do or how to treat their employees.If you worship management then you will be fine for a little while. But the minute you have an opinion of your own, you can forget it. The employee turnover is so high you don't know if you will be working with the same person two days in a row or not. They are not there for the residents, thats plain to see. One minute they are giving you an outstandng review, and the next minute they are giving you the boot. This place has very serious problems in management.
Pros
there is none
Cons
to many to list..
Big problems with Regional/Home Office management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lenoir City TNSeptember 6, 2013
Regioal and corporate employees are vendictive and petty. Turn over in management positions is very high because of them. It is not about caring for the elderly residents, it is about worshiping the regional and corporate staff. That is the only way you make it at this company.

The owners of the company are ultra religious, but those values do not trickle down to the regional staff. Very hypocritical.
Pros
decent pay, but not worth the environment
Cons
upper managment
I gained alot of experience from Morning Pointe and I hope to take that experience with me to my new job
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNSeptember 5, 2013
My hardest part of this job was I served as receptionist, answering phones, greeting visitors and being Business Office Manager. My most enjoyable part was the residents that lived ther and meeting their families. I also loved the work of Business Office Manager, but it hard to do all the jobs efficiently with all the interruptions. I also loved my co-workers.
Pros
one free meal
Cons
having enough hours in the day to completer all assignments
It's all about the $$$$$$ and the Administrator is a joke! Employees always work short handed.
RA (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNAugust 12, 2013
The Administrator is so fake around resident family members, all smiles and as soon as they're hooked, talks about them like trash behind their back. She does not care about the residents and certainly does not care about the employees. Her main focus is keeping costs cut to the bare minimum so she can get her big bonus at the end of the year, regardless of the resident needs...not to mention the employees. Upper management is non-supportive to employees and the owner could care less about how his buildings are being handled. It's all about the $$$$$.
Pros
nice building to work in. wonderful residents and family members.
Cons
terrible administrative support. it's all about the $$$$
Don't do it!!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNJuly 25, 2013
There is something really wrong here. Massive turnover in management since it opened. Front line staff are treated decently, but if you are thinking about a management position with this company, forget it!
Cons
lack of support from upper management, and total inconsistency in policy, constant fear of being fired with no warning, overall feeling of distrust
job summary
Cook/Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Hixson, TNJune 30, 2013
prep and prepare food for residents. clean food prep area and dinning area.
managegment seems to care about no one. work is hard and always short handed
R A (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNJune 20, 2013
co-works are the best, The hardest part of the job is being short handed and lots to do. The menus where not always easy. The residents where never happy with the food. They would always order something not on the menu. I was part time and they took one day a week from me.
Pros
free lunches

2.5