Morning Pointe Employee Reviews

Challenging yet rewarding.
CNA/Activities Director (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYOctober 2, 2017
I went in everyday with expectations yet never knowing what to expect. The individuals which were under my care were a blessing to me and kept my eyes fixed on the brighter things in life. The atmosphere was often peaceful. The staff and patients made working for this company super pleasant!
safe and productive workplace
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNAugust 23, 2017
Working at Morning Pointe has taught me more effective communication skills and how to be patience especially working with residents with cognitive impairments.
Potentially fun if management liked employee. Personally stressfu for me.Residents treated welSeveral activities and monthly family night for them.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Russell KyJuly 16, 2017
I loved my residents very much. Enjoyed most of my coworkers. As Aides we were active in all areas with residents.The standard uniforms were depressing. We should have been able to wear scrubs appealing to the residents.
Pros
One free meal and eating with residents.
Cons
Management unfair at times.
Happy and ready to move forward.
CNA (Current Employee) –  Clinton, TNJuly 8, 2017
I have worked here for a couple of months. A new director is starting and she seems to want to make some needed changes. She has talked to several of us and actually asked what we needed or wanted to see done differently and is nice. I've been happy here we just need more staff. If you really care about patients, then I would apply. If not, we don't want you. I rather work short. We get to eat a meal when we work and it is always​ good. Pay is pretty good too.
Pros
Food, patients
Cons
Need more help
Avoid!
Assist residents (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 4, 2017
There's many things I can say about MP. I only received 15 minute lunches and was told it was my fault that I could not take longer ones (we were always short staffed - NOT my fault). They also attempted to force me to do something out of my scope of practice to which I immediately reported to corporate. The management is childish and I do not recommend this place. They were constantly telling us that it was because of us that residents were leaving (residents were leaving because they couldn't stand to see us running around like chickens with our heads cut off). Sad place to work - but I loved the residents.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Everything else
Fun and great place to work.
Resident Assistant/CNA (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNApril 15, 2017
Very rewarding job, with room for advancement. I loved working here. Lots of love from coworkers as well as the residents themselves. Enjoyed serving dinner to residents. Food is excellent. Free lunch.
Pros
Rewarding job duties, love interaction with others.
Cons
Might get breaks cut short if an emergency occurs.
Morning Pointe
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 16, 2017
This facility was a nice place to work. The pay was a little on the low end for a new nurse. The work load is not very hard and they have a very nice facility.
Fun with residents
Receptionist & Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Russell, KYFebruary 8, 2017
spending time with the residents is more enjoyable than the paperwork part and when management is always complaining about that but yet they say that our residents are our top priority
Nice living place for residents.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 24, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know my residents. I like to be able to assist the residents and help them with their every day activities. I feel that I fill an empty place in their hearts while their family is not able to be there for them.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Half of the time you don't get your lunch breaks.
God company
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 30, 2016
I would recommend morning pointe to anyone. Very rewarding job. Don't have anything else to say so I am just writing words
Was Ok place to work, did not stand behind their Directors.
Executive Director/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYNovember 14, 2016
co-workers are good to work with, was very educational for me as far as learning financials, marketing and staffing. Loved my residents,
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Corporate does not back up Direct
Fun and Rewarding Place to Work
Community Relations Director (Current Employee) –  Lexington-Fayette, KYMay 2, 2016
My typical day is working both with internal staff and going out into the community to do outreach and education. I get the opportunity to visit residents and work as a team member with management staff to work on marketing ideas and help improve day-to-day operations and resident enrichment. I'm in and out of the office a lot, but the residents are always so glad to see me and my coworkers are extremely helpful and good at their jobs. My counterpart is so fun to work with and my executive director is very knowledgeable and fair. Corporate has been kind to me in the interactions I've had. I like our benefits and of course the free lunches. I feel like the pay is very competitive for our market. I would definitely recommend our community b/c we put our senior residents health, safety and happiness first. They are our number one priority!
Pros
Environment, Free Lunches, Benefits
Cons
Waiting period for certain benefits
productive
Tech-Resident Care Assistance (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 12, 2016
high turn over rate for resident assistance always short staff, but you can get many hours as you want. knskjcbsdcvshdbhcjbsdhcvdsdbshbdshcjvcjvbsdjhdvbsjbhdshcbsbchcdbhbcjhjdbfyhjdsbchdsbchdbscjhdsbndsbcdbcsbcjscbdiucbdsncbiuebbdeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Pros
hours
Cons
short staff
Cook/Dietary Aide
Cook (Former Employee) –  Hixson, TNFebruary 9, 2016
The kitchen was dirty, steam tables/mats never cleaned.
The employees ate before the residents did leaving no food for residents that arrived late. Seemed like even some management just turned their heads to this.
Some food was reheated (sausage patties and bacon) and was so dry and tough to eat for residents. I asked to make fresh as I was ashamed to feed them this, it fell on dead ears, they said they can chew it for a bit.
The online menu was nothing like what they served each day. I tried to substitute items or give residents something to eat and was told no because it was not part of the menu. Even when the items were open and just sitting in the refrigerator. The portions were very small.
Looked like a great place overall but once you started to look behind the main areas, not a very good place for our elderly people.
Pros
Nice Residents
Cons
Low pay, not much respect for employees.
Worst place to work for.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Powell, TNJanuary 19, 2016
Very high turnover, Very under staffed, management is stuck up & fake, nice to family & friends of residents but unkind to the resident, This company could care less about you, the 90 contract you have to sign is a big red flag they can't keep employees. Horrible staff
Pros
free lunch
Cons
everything
First job when I came to Indiana
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Franklin,indianaJuly 8, 2015
Direct care, little to no charting. It was not a challenging job. I did not feel fulfilled. I loved working closely to the residents and families. This facility was not Medicare licensed and staff was not able to do much as far as first aide and medical interventions.
Pros
Patient and family satisfaction.
Productive work place
CNA (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KYMarch 5, 2015
A typical night at work consist of cleaning, laundry, setting dinning room for breakfast, 2 hour checks, and answering call buttons. Morning Pointe was my first job working as a CNA and it has helped me practice a lot of skills I learned about in class. we had a really GREAT ED until she was in my opinion unfairly fired now we have an ED that has no medical background so a majority of time she has no idea what were talking about, and she does not respect her employees. Being that I work third shift I really only deal with one other coworker and we get along fine she cares about the residents as much as I do. The hardest part of my job is watching residents decline in health. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to interact with the residents an hear how much they appreciate my work and how sweet I am to me. Making them happy is my main concern.
Pros
improving my skills as a CNA and interacting with the residents
Cons
managment
Taking care of patients
Assist residents (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAMarch 1, 2015
We would start off by serving breakfast then we would do showers get people dressed then do laundry. After all the cleaning is done we would serve lunch then lay people down fro naps and clean up from lunch and get ready for the next shift to come in.
Great people to be around. Very fun atmosphere
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYFebruary 3, 2015
Helped the elderly with what they needed. Feed them, shower and bed.

Woke them up some mornings, Dressed and had them ready for breakfast.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Bad Management
Think twice before you work here!!
RA (Former Employee) –  Lenoir CityNovember 10, 2014
The management is Horrible!! The ED is spineless and the other ones are lacking in management skills! You would think if you were the manager and 80% of your staff has quit and the other 20% won't pick shifts up for you....YOU must be the problem. It's a shame that they are only there for a paycheck not the residents!! This is the residents home....you should respect their home and treat them with respect!! It has to be a horrible feeling for a residents not wanting some of the management team in their home but yet their say doesn't matter!! They spend $3000 ~ $6000 a month to live there....guess That's why they are looking for other places to live!! How would you feel if this was your home and you have say?!?
Pros
Residents
Cons
Too many to list!!