Morning Star Employee Reviews

workplace
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIAugust 21, 2017
The job was very challenging and rewarding in my particular experience as I was primarily assigned to long term clients. However compensation was lacking, I remained employed there mostly because of relationships forged with clients.
Loved what I did
Allergy Technician (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKAugust 18, 2017
I would do allergy testing on out clients and do the compounding. Once that was done we would injections and some of them would take them home and then some would come to the clinic and I would give them. I would document information and send it to the main office every day They closed their main office here in OKC over medicare.
Fun Environment
Preschool Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 7, 2017
I voulenteered here. The Teachers, and care givers are always on their A game with the kids. They enforce playing nice, sharing, and treating everyone equally. Amazing place to trust your kids, infants, and toddlers with.
Pros
Nice employees, clean environment
Cons
There is not always time for a break
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 19, 2017
Morning Star is a heath care facility that work with the disabled, you can get as many hours as you want and work with as many patients as you want Morning Starv offer you advancement, promotions and getting to know new people.
Excellent place to start off at
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Banos, CAApril 23, 2017
I learned how to make pallets and record data. However the most important things I learned was team work and adjusting to problems. Management treated us great. They would buy us lunch if we went a month without any accidents. The hardest part of the job was lifting the heavy pallets. The most enjoyable part of the job was competing with other shifts to see who do the most pallets.
Pros
plenty of hours to work
great people
Residential services (GL (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAMarch 6, 2017
a good job to work at became certified in many different areas. you learn how to become very patient when dealing with others . wonderful management . I loved it I left because somewhere else was giving me a bigger pay but I wished I would have stayed
Volunteered with professional staff.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 16, 2017
A lot of helpful people for the non-profit women and children. trustworthy and allowed people to have counsel for life issues.
Pros
Convienant location, personable staff, and committed to professionalism.
Horrible
Truck delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Its ok company, ok pay, management need alots of improvement. On your own at all times when on the route. Good coworkers.. different times of starting.
n/a
Driver (Former Employee) –  Williams, CASeptember 25, 2016
good work environment and the pay is reasonable. management id great and very helpful. all equipment is new or like new very well maintained. shifts are long hr.
Sporatic Hours
Floor Crew (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAApril 1, 2016
The hours are very sporadic and the company lacks organization. There is no set schedule and it is very hard to live life when being simply on call.
Not a good work environment
Receptionist/Concierge (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 11, 2015
Work environment was okay, not the best. Most employees got along well. Management was not organized at the time of my employment.
good company or place to work with employer willing to help there worker in the workplace and outside
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 8, 2015
if you understand your work is not hard to work in this place the employer is very nice and willing to work with there worker.
Pros
free lunches you can choose what you want to eat
Cons
no break but you can stop and rest anytime
Ok place to work
Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Williams, CAJune 18, 2015
I would sit in a office and monitor computer screens for 12 hours a day with no lunches or breaks, just restroom breaks. I learned the process of turning tomatoes into tomato paste. the hardest part of the job was working 12 hours a day for 16 days straight before you had a day off and switching from night shift to graveyard shift all the time.
Pros
Great associates to work with
Cons
seasonal, cant ask for any time off
Very rewarding
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 2, 2015
Everyday a different day, different person, different place,things to do, just saw co-workers at end of shift where I gave report for my shift. The hardest part is when they pass, the other is when you make them laugh
Pros
Being there
Cons
Healthcare
Very Challenging
RESEARCHER (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 20, 2015
Out for about a whole day going to different courthouses, waiting in line a lot doing background checks. Very challenging to hold down as a job, to be out all day for little pay.
Pros
covered for gas.
Cons
Not enough pay to be out all day.
Certified Nursing Assistant
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVFebruary 1, 2015
Wheelchair/Bed Transfer
Prepare, Delivery, serve, and bus tables for patients
Incontinence Care
Learned more skills
Healthcare Team
Equipment Not available
Residences
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Inventory Not Maintained
Productive and great co-workers
Mechanic/Machine Operator/Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Los Banos, CANovember 12, 2014
Fast pace work environment and forces you to either sink or swim because of the pace of work. Good learning experience and furthered my education and experience in production with good GMP guideline. Monitored the flow and quality of tomatoes to maximize production rate. Preformed maintenance on several machines including; tomato dicers, conveyors, calcium and chlorine sprayers, Zacmi Seamers, shakers, etc. Responded and Resolved any adjustments needed to make product into specs given by the Quality Control. Need to have great communication with co-workers in order to maximize production but also keeping great quality. The hardest part of the job would be getting sufficient amount of tomatoes without causing the acidification to go overboard. Most enjoyable part of the day is having a great production day having great quality and having no holds on products nor injuries.
Pros
pay rate and job experience
Cons
its seasonal job
Sorter,.Tractor driver, Planter, Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Los Banos, CASeptember 29, 2014
I was a tractor driver, I learned to plant, and I moved up to an Adjuster. At work we had no manager we all work as a team. The one thing that I enjoyed was that we had the chance to move up in our positions, the hardest part was the hours and time aways from home.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Long drives
productive and well respected
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CASeptember 18, 2014
set conveyors and filler heads to run properly, management takes place for the best decision for the workers and for the company.
co workers give you your space since every worker is designated to there machine.
best part of the job is when the machines are running properly, production volume is meeting its goals,
Pros
good healthcare
Cons
N/a
Fun job
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Durand, MIJune 2, 2014
Fast paced, job with lots of variety. Physical work was very welcomed and I loved the schedule flexibility.
Pros
Job variety, physical work, flexible schedule
Cons
lack of growth opportunities