MORNINGSIDE MINISTRIES Employee Reviews

Intern
Skilled Nursing (Internship) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 20, 2017
Learned a lot, with close supervision. The elderly population have multiple needs and a lot of care, therefore it was important to have strong multi-disciplinary team.
Pros
Learning
Cons
n/a
Fun work place
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 11, 2017
The morningside ministries is a nice place to work especially if you got no no experience because you gonna learn a lot in few days ! But the only problem it far from the place that i live!!!
Pros
A lot of over times
Cons
Expensive inssuarence.
nursing home
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant/Restorative Aide (Former Employee) –  Boerne, TX 78006May 26, 2017
Working as a certified nurses assistant at the nursing home was rewarding. the management was very unfair and were not so nice but it was a privelage to work with the elderly.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 3, 2017
I've enjoyed working for this company. I've learned alot. The managers have been very nice and understanding. I like my coworkers. It has been a great experience for me.
Horrible
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Boerne, TXMarch 14, 2017
Honestly the worst job I've ever had hands down. The lowest quality management I've seen. I was constantly scheduled on my days off, was told I had to stay multiple hours longer right before I clocked out. They frequently scheduled less people than they knew they needed while management sat there and did nothing. In conclusion, horrible place to work, don't do it.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor management, forced to work on days off and overtime without overtime pay
busy workplace fun with staff
GNA (Former Employee) –  Boerne, TXMarch 4, 2017
It wasn't bad working here some days would get hectic and other i could leave early, at the time the management was horrible. The store manager was not very well liked by his staff.

the fact that indeed.com FORCES you to review ANYTHING is bull
Pros
free pizza
Cons
almost no benefits
It's that bad- believe it!
Private (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX-Chandler EstateOctober 4, 2016
Overworked. Short staffed. No support. Miserable residents due to living conditions and lack of staff. False advertisement of services. Inadequate operations, inside and out. Uncomfortable and unsafe working and living conditions. Underpaid. Ratio of 1 caregiver to 10 total assisted patients. Customer service horrible. I team spirit at at. No appreciation or acknowledgement at all. The only good thing is the residents themselves, but without what you need as an employee, how could the residents ever have what they need? They can't, and it's wrong, and it's sad.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Read above. Too many to list.
Nurse
nurse at Morningside Manor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2016
Not an ideal long term employment opportunity due to poor work conditions and lack of concern for employee safety. Residents do not receive quality care. It doesn't matter how hard you try things do not get better. The facility seems to constantly operate in crisis mode ie; multiple open positions, new management all the time who always change the rules. Work hours can exceed 70 hours weekly. Staffing coordinator constantly asks for you to pick up extra shifts even if you have far more than 50 hours for that work. You can work 16 hour days everyday and no one cares. This company has no holiday pay.
Cons
No holiday off and no holiday pay, expectations are unrealistic
Your average nursing home
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 31, 2016
Patients were typically friendly although at times I had to calm violent patients. Staff was excellent. Was responsible for providing basic care to patients, as well as assist them in daily activities of life they might have trouble with on their own, such as bathing and feeding. Provided quality, compassionate care with the assistance of LVN’s and RN’s. Assisted in transporting patients to dental, physical therapy or other appointments as necessary. (Worked the 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. shift while in high school under the supervision of that school’s professor).
Pros
Early shifts available, friendly staff and patients
Cons
Occasional belligerent patients, physically draining
please avoid
certified nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Boerne, TXNovember 21, 2015
Worst place to work low pay poor management hr is a joke horid co workers if your in boerne you can do better advances towards me and other staff by obese nurses they fired all the heads that matterd and cared
Pros
not working there is fun
Cons
everything
LVN - Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 2, 2015
Nice place, pays well. But constant changes in management. Constant changing in scheduling. Not a good place to work if you are going to school or intent on going to school. Management not willing to work with the staff.
easy work, and strict managers
Server (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 4, 2015
The manager for the food department is rude and very closed minded. she has favorites and disrespects her other employees.
The work is easy and my co workers for the most part are all nice. the hardest part is trying to get through the day without out hearing something negative from my boss. the most enjoyable part is the residents, they always make my job worth going in every day.
Pros
discounted lunches, the residents
Cons
my boss
a great place of employment while assisting residents
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2014
a typical work day is cooking and satisfying the residents by preparing delicious nutritious meals in a timely manor. I try and learn how to maintain and prepare quality foods that meet the needs of the residents and co-workers as well. My co-workers are the most challenging part of the job. A lot of the times they don't want any advise nor quick to receive help from others. And the most enjoyable part is at the end of the day everybody is full, feed and satisfied with the quantity and quality of work that was prepared by myself.
Pros
the pros would be that i get a chance to enhance my skills and abilities
Cons
failure of equipment that causes you to be late with the meals
You're Nursing License Is Too Valuable, Do Not Work Here!!
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chandler Estates, San Antonio, TXDecember 1, 2014
This place has the worst administration!! You can voice your concerns but you're not heard, no matter how legit your concerns are! Nothing changes in regards to how badly employees are treated! You're hard work is not appreciated here! They're always short staffed but they don't care! Too many patients are assigned to one nurse which makes for an overwhelming shift! You're overworked for horrible pay! The benefits are also pretty bad! It's not worth your nursing license or your sanity!!
Wonderful Management
Senior LVN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boerne, TXAugust 21, 2014
Wonderful Management
Flexible at my location
Busy shifts
Co-workers are great
Great Residents
No incentive to stay at all
Nursing staff (Former Employee) –  San AntonioJune 28, 2014
No yearly evaluations, no bonus, no paid holidays, no raises, no opportunity for advancement, rules change daily and management doesn't communicate them to us. They assume we all know what is going on and when we don't do something that was changed 30 minutes ago we are written up for it. Ridiculous.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Always guessing if your job is secure
o RN Wound Care Nurse / Skilled Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2014
Rules change on a daily basis!

Subordinate employees not treated well!

NO Support from staff!

NO team playing!
Working within the HR department was not only fun but educational. The organization has a whole was a bit frustrating.
HR Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 3, 2014
A typical day involved reviewing resumes and applications, returning phone calls, and doing telephone interviews.

I learned many things from my supervisor such as how to conduct investigations, how to have difficult conversations, and how to juggle projects.

Management within the organization worked at different paces.

My co-workers were helpful and friendly and we all pitched in to help out in our different areas.

The hardest part of the job was getting the hiring managers to tell me what type of employee they were actually looking for (beyond skill set) and then changing their minds about what the actual job duties were or changing the job requirements without telling me.

The most enjoyable part of my job was conducting New Employee Orientation and working with my HR team.
Okay
LVN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boerne txJuly 19, 2012
New employees repeatedly never enough hours if PRN very nice facility
A nice place to work
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boerne, TXJune 14, 2012
Everyone I worked with from management on down were very nice, and they really cared about the residents.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
too busy most of the time to take more than a lunch break late in the day