MORNINGSIDE MINISTRIES Employee Reviews

Nurse
nurse at Morningside Manor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2016
Not an ideal long term employment opportunity due to poor work conditions and lack of concern for employee safety. Residents do not receive quality care. It doesn't matter how hard you try things do not get better. The facility seems to constantly operate in crisis mode ie; multiple open positions, new management all the time who always change the rules. Work hours can exceed 70 hours weekly. Staffing coordinator constantly asks for you to pick up extra shifts even if you have far more than 50 hours for that work. You can work 16 hour days everyday and no one cares. This company has no holiday pay.
Cons
No holiday off and no holiday pay, expectations are unrealistic
Your average nursing home
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 31, 2016
Patients were typically friendly although at times I had to calm violent patients. Staff was excellent. Was responsible for providing basic care to patients, as well as assist them in daily activities of life they might have trouble with on their own, such as bathing and feeding. Provided quality, compassionate care with the assistance of LVN’s and RN’s. Assisted in transporting patients to dental, physical therapy or other appointments as necessary. (Worked the 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. shift while in high school under the supervision of that school’s professor).
Pros
Early shifts available, friendly staff and patients
Cons
Occasional belligerent patients, physically draining
Admin. Assistant - Great Place to Be
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 15, 2015
Morningside Ministries is a great organization to be a part of. The work is rewarding because we are there ultimately for the residents, who become like family soon after coming on board.
From administration to nursing staff and then maintenance, there is a great community of people that work together to provide the best care possible for the senior community.
Work life balance for me was on point.
Communication within my department was great and development within my position and then my department was a possibility for me at the time.
I have few complaints about MSM. That doesn't mean I don't have them, but the positives out weigh the negatives.
Pros
Benefits, great community, good pay
Cons
nothing worth mentioning
please avoid
certified nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Boerne, TXNovember 21, 2015
Worst place to work low pay poor management hr is a joke horid co workers if your in boerne you can do better advances towards me and other staff by obese nurses they fired all the heads that matterd and cared
Pros
not working there is fun
Cons
everything
easy work, and strict managers
Server (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 4, 2015
The manager for the food department is rude and very closed minded. she has favorites and disrespects her other employees.
The work is easy and my co workers for the most part are all nice. the hardest part is trying to get through the day without out hearing something negative from my boss. the most enjoyable part is the residents, they always make my job worth going in every day.
Pros
discounted lunches, the residents
Cons
my boss
a great place of employment while assisting residents
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2014
a typical work day is cooking and satisfying the residents by preparing delicious nutritious meals in a timely manor. I try and learn how to maintain and prepare quality foods that meet the needs of the residents and co-workers as well. My co-workers are the most challenging part of the job. A lot of the times they don't want any advise nor quick to receive help from others. And the most enjoyable part is at the end of the day everybody is full, feed and satisfied with the quantity and quality of work that was prepared by myself.
Pros
the pros would be that i get a chance to enhance my skills and abilities
Cons
failure of equipment that causes you to be late with the meals
You're Nursing License Is Too Valuable, Do Not Work Here!!
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chandler Estates, San Antonio, TXDecember 1, 2014
This place has the worst administration!! You can voice your concerns but you're not heard, no matter how legit your concerns are! Nothing changes in regards to how badly employees are treated! You're hard work is not appreciated here! They're always short staffed but they don't care! Too many patients are assigned to one nurse which makes for an overwhelming shift! You're overworked for horrible pay! The benefits are also pretty bad! It's not worth your nursing license or your sanity!!
Cons
everything
Wonderful Management
Senior LVN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boerne, TXAugust 21, 2014
Wonderful Management
Flexible at my location
Busy shifts
Co-workers are great
Great Residents
No incentive to stay at all
Nursing staff (Former Employee) –  San AntonioJune 28, 2014
No yearly evaluations, no bonus, no paid holidays, no raises, no opportunity for advancement, rules change daily and management doesn't communicate them to us. They assume we all know what is going on and when we don't do something that was changed 30 minutes ago we are written up for it. Ridiculous.
Cons
everything.
Always guessing if your job is secure
o RN Wound Care Nurse / Skilled Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2014
Rules change on a daily basis!

Subordinate employees not treated well!

NO Support from staff!

NO team playing!
Working within the HR department was not only fun but educational. The organization has a whole was a bit frustrating.
HR Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 3, 2014
A typical day involved reviewing resumes and applications, returning phone calls, and doing telephone interviews.

I learned many things from my supervisor such as how to conduct investigations, how to have difficult conversations, and how to juggle projects.

Management within the organization worked at different paces.

My co-workers were helpful and friendly and we all pitched in to help out in our different areas.

The hardest part of the job was getting the hiring managers to tell me what type of employee they were actually looking for (beyond skill set) and then changing their minds about what the actual job duties were or changing the job requirements without telling me.

The most enjoyable part of my job was conducting New Employee Orientation and working with my HR team.
Okay
LVN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boerne txJuly 19, 2012
New employees repeatedly never enough hours if PRN very nice facility
A nice place to work
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boerne, TXJune 14, 2012
Everyone I worked with from management on down were very nice, and they really cared about the residents.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
too busy most of the time to take more than a lunch break late in the day

2.9