Morongo Band of Mission Indians Employee Reviews

Worst place I have ever worked in my life
Security Tribal Police management (Former Employee) –  Cabazon CaliforniaAugust 12, 2016
One of the worst jobs I have ever held in my entire life including a teenager. The tribe treats all employees like dirt so political each day you think you're going to lose your job weathet your management executive management or hourly it's not worth the stress the games the politics and the horrible work environment. Probably the most hostile work environment I have ever encountered no matter what position you have. Why do you think the turnover rate are so great at these casinos. The tribal members walk around like they are God's gift it's all about who you know who you politic up to and in the end you could lose your job no matter what if you sneeze the wrong way you're gone. I'd rather be homeless under a bridge then work for this tribe and their games ever.
Pros
Cons
Everything I have mentioned above and more that my brain blocks out
Challenging and encouraging time
Scholarship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAJune 30, 2016
I loved working with the Morongo Band of Mission Indian children. The ones excited about their future pursuit were determined and ready to tackle college or trade schools.
Pros
interacting with another tribe, missing my tribe in Oregon
Cons
tribal government was a challenge to interact with
Being involved in the Law Enforcement community.
Supervisor Law Enforcement Division (Current Employee) –  Banning, CAJuly 26, 2014
A typical day of work involves responding to calls for service, supervising, sensitive calls, reviewing reports, keeping sergeants appraised of active situations and patrolling the community and businesses. I have learned the skills of community oriented policing, and also how to manage and supervise the officers under my command. The hardest part of being a police officer is working with parents of young children and witnessing the tragedies that occur within the family unit. The best part of my job is seeing that when I think that I have not made a difference I am shown that I have.
Pros
my job is never mundane and monotonous.
Cons
being restricted to doing more in some situations.
Upper managment is horrible
Facilities Maintenance/Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Banning, CANovember 7, 2014
I was employed on the Morongo reservation for two years and everyday was a struggle. Upper management made it very apparent that their “power” within their positions was not to be questioned. I believe that the Tribe should reevaluate whom they have in these positions. I felt that my position as a supervisor was overstretched. I had all the responsibilities as a manager, without the title.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
constant feeling that you could lose your job on a day to day basis

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morongo Band of Mission Indians. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6