Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa Employee Reviews

Fully of negativity and favoritism.
Cash Operation Cage/Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJune 6, 2017
Company keeps staffing lower then what's need to meet business needs. Advasment is based on favoritism not work ethic and skills. Little to no support or communication from upper managemet. Work motto is just do it or we will replace you.
Pros
Bennifits
Cons
Long hours, no support, pay is below industry standards
good money
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAMay 12, 2017
hard to maintain your job here whether you do an outstanding job or not. seven individuals that worked in my department quit within a six month time period some being employed for a good amount of years before quitting just because they couldn't take it anymore.. making it clear that human resources nor the company doesn't really care about the importance of their employees and the turnover in people doesn't matter to them either. management was the worst I've ever experienced in the six years that I've been in the hospitality industry. no manners or professionalism was shown and no amount of money is worth being belittled every day.
Pros
good money
Cons
mentioned above
Not what it used to be
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cash OperationsApril 11, 2017
The environment has changed there. They care less about employees and more about how much money they can make. The higher up you go the easier it is for you to lose your job.
They do not communicate good or bad, they do not train, they lie to keep themselves from being in trouble. The Cash operations department is falling apart from allowing 1 person to dictate their likes and dislikes of employees. If you become a target there is no escaping it. You can do your job and still be targeted. There is no team allowed in that department, if you became a team with your coworkers then you are said to show favoritism.
Pros
Great benefits, 401K, free lunch.
Cons
Staffing, training, lack of communication, segregation, too many people out for themselves.
Fun place to work
Entertainment Technician (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAApril 6, 2017
Working at morongo was a fun time, Job security is not always present, There have been many mass firings in the past and they are known to close down problematic parts of the casino such as the Night club.
Great Company/a lot of growth potential / 4 Diamond Resort / GoodBenefits/ Company is increasing revenue and upgrading image on a consistent basis.
Hotel Manager (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAFebruary 22, 2017
Morongo is a fair company with good employee guidelines. Good benefits and a lot of opportunity for advancement. You must be willing to work weekends and holidays. Must have good hospitality skills. AAA 4 diamond operation with good pay and company image.
Pros
great pay/benefits/free lunch/good employee guidelines/ policy & procedures.
Cons
Not close to big city / smoke environment / must work holidays
It's a great job
Steward (Current Employee) –  Banning, CADecember 29, 2016
Morongo is a good place to start off at and you work your way up at Morongo. Yu have to be full time to get the full benefits but part time get good hours
Pros
Free one meal
Cons
Gotta be full time to get good benefits
Pyramid
food runner and assistant server (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAAugust 29, 2016
The chain of command at mcrs is like a pyramid. The higher up you go, the less people know about what is going on. The minimum wage employees seem to know everything about everything, while management positions know little to nothing about their jobs. This is because the management gets transfered every so often to a new department, which leaves them clueless to what their job means and who they are currently "in charge" of.
Pros
Amazing staff members
Cons
Non flexible schedule no job security
AVID Tutor is a perfect opportunity for educating the future generations
Receptionist / Spa Attendant / Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJuly 1, 2016
Children are great and very open to learning. In my opinion, i enjoyed teaching my knowledge of the mathematics and science degree.
One of the worst places I have ever worked in my life
Security Management (Former Employee) –  Cabazon CaliforniaJune 28, 2016
The tribe treatso non Indians like a piece of trash they look down at you there's constant threats of you losing your job because" this one's tribal or that'one is tribal total nonsence. Sol very very political no matter what job you have. Management walks around in fear of losing their jobs if they make the right decision and if they do make it the wrong decision they will be terminated you can be terminated at any moment reverse discrimination big time they're a Sovereign Nation they can get away with anything they want .
Pleaae don't waste your time stress or energy to work for these people why do you think the turnover rate is so high they must go through a general manager every six months . Morongo is probably the worst of all casinos to work for. I rather work at In-N-Out Burger. To me it was one of the most stressful political discriminatory places I have ever worked in my entire life I never step foot back in or near Seminole drive again then I left. By the way I am not a disgruntled employee I'm just telling you the way it is the truth hurts.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Work environment, toxic work environment, outright discrimination comma hostile work environment
good company
Reservations and Guest Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJune 24, 2016
if you are a part time employee it is a good job to work for, 3 days out of your life to work. Great benefits for part time people. Work with alot of people spending alot of money. However particular departments management is poor is certain areas.
Pros
benefits, employee perks, and events
Cons
management and consistent scheduling
Excellent organization-positive workplace environment
Freelance Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CANovember 5, 2015
Morongo has been an excellent place of employment. Management listens to your concerns and encourages you to learn. Lots of on the job training. The best part of the job is seeing your ideas and concerns being addressed, while meeting and working with other inter-department associates. Lots of recognition for hard work. Upper management has an "open door" policy. Promotions are acquired by employee reviews.
Pros
Lots of opportunities for advancement, the cost of living in the area is affordable
Cons
Traffic can be bad if you commute, second hand smoke can be an issue if you work on the casino floor.
currently employed
Steward (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAOctober 25, 2015
good work atmosphere, the management has improved and the hours are part time under 32 hours a week, finding a better job is necessary
Pros
scheduled breaks
Cons
not offered full healthcare benefits until 90 day probation period, meals are deducted from paycheck
They are terms workers.
Asian cuisine Specialty Chef (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CAOctober 14, 2015
I been here for almost six months, the co-workers are friendly and nice. I mostly enjoyable to share my cook skills to train the line cooks,and they are also behave and enjoy it.
Massage Therapist
therapist (Former Employee) –  spaOctober 12, 2015
The casino itself was incredible, but they lacked mature management that understands the diversity of people. They do not have a strong support team as far as the Human Resource management and anyone who does not like you can say anything they want and your are not given a chance to defend yourself and people were entirely too quick to judge.
Hotel was nice to work for.
Hotel Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  To far location wise.June 23, 2015
It was good to work for this company as an intern the summer of 2010. I had learned a lot of information and skills. I am glad I had the experience and necessary training I needed.
Pros
great experiences
Cons
the pay was not that good
Morongo was a great company to work for. I started my HR Career at Morongo.
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAOctober 26, 2012
Working for Morongo was great. My management team at the time was great. My co-workers were amazing. The hardest part of the job was simply the volume of work. Way understaffed for the amount of employees.
Pros
free lunch, vacation benefits, free medical for my entire family.