Morongo Casino Resort & Spa Employee Reviews in United States

Fast-paced workplace
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CASeptember 21, 2015
A typical day consists of multitasking between answering, helping guests and doing computer/cash transactions. The hotel computer system that is used is very complex and can be a little overwhelming;there's always something new to learn from it.. Higher management is not available too often but the supervisor's are very helpful and always around.Coworkers are great and very compatible with one another which is one of the most enjoyable parts of the job. The most difficult task is training the new employees and being held responsible for what they do/don't learn.
Pros
benefits, seniority, paid lunches
Cons
short breaks, the time clock location, long training process
I have great memories of the co-workers
Hotel Housekeeping Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJuly 6, 2015
The co-workers at my level were very nice. Very poor management and HR. After 4 years of service, they gave me two weeks to find a different job because they decided to close my position. I ended up leaving because I couldn't find a new position in that short period of time. I also realized they have strong favoritism features. Over all I had a great learning experience.
Pros
We had benefits and most co-workers were nice
Cons
Bad management skills and old food from the guest buffet
fun
Valet (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJanuary 15, 2015
long easy fun
cool people managment cool and funny
easy work
fun work
Pros
free tips
Cons
bad food
Night life at its finest!
Room Service Order Taker/Server (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAAugust 13, 2014
I got to serve and meet a lot of different people and celebrities.
Entertainment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJuly 1, 2014
 Direct supervisor over on call usher staff. Establish and maintain weekly schedules and employee files.
 Oversee the coordination of all entertainment events.
 Coordinate and carry out all functions of the rider agreement including hospitality requirements, merchandise sales, transportation and hotel room requests.
 Interface with all departments and personnel that participate in the execution of entertainment events.
 Assist Entertainment Manager in preparing budgets, recording expenditures and charging budget variances.
Enjoy
Main Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  CabazonJune 4, 2014
I really enjoyed the pay and the tips. What I like lease was the smoking environment.
Pros
pay& tips
Cons
smoking environment and temporary
Productive Work place in the hotel area
Hotel Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAMay 29, 2014
Well Hotel housekeeping is a fast past job and u have to be able to lift at least 50 lbs or more. It can get busy some days with the guest request and including the job we have to finish during the day. What i learned was to try to keep myself busy even when i was done with the job.. I always got to be doing something until the end of the shift. I got along well with my managers in are department it was just our supervisors who gave us hard times. I got along well with my employees, whenever they/ i run behind on our duties we'll help each other out. The hardest part of the job was when the house ladies is running behind and we have to stop our duties to help them out with there job so they can go home. What i most enjoyed in this job was meeting nice people and being able to build up my work experience.
Pros
we can use our badges to eat in the edr and they take the money out our checks
Cons
30 min lunch breaks
Very busy enviornment and was fun to work at
Buffet Host/Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAApril 9, 2014
A typical day at work would either coming in when it was really busy or coming in at the mornings. During both these times mornings would usually be slow depending on the business and coming in during the day would usually be a more fast paced day. I loved working with the "regulars" because it felt like you made their dinner experience a lot more comfortable. I also loved working the registers when I did, loved working with money and being able to work in a stressful/fast/busy work environment sort of a rush. The management was good some parts and others was really lacking some ability of fairness, a lot of favoritism was being given during my time there. The hardest part of this job was probably just that everything else was good.
Casinos are a differnt breed of work enviorment
Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CASeptember 18, 2013
Clock in and get in gear .constant changes and never do the same thing twice. Very little communication between line staff and management team. Good workers are not appreciated and belittled
on a constant, this place has great health benefits but the best thing about this place is quitting time.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
its not how you grow but who you know.
A casino resort and spa in the greater Palm Springs area.
IT OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CASeptember 6, 2013
• Managed large-scale, property-wide projects and worked with all levels of management. Researched, priced and purchased equipment and software.
• Delegated daily tasks and responsibilities to the appropriate IT Team Members.
• Managed twenty employees. Interviewed applicants and processed all paperwork.
• Administered the VERITAS system.
• Assisted Help Desk team members with daily tasks.
• Managed the Network Administration team and assisted with Routing and Switching, disaster recovery and corporate IT policies
Great Company
Armed Tribal Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAAugust 9, 2013
No complaints, great company to work for. Employees receive great benefits, 401K, company picnics, and christmas bonuses. Great learning environment and work experience.
Pros
pay, benefits, bonuses, etc.
productive and fun place to work at with great people
Casino Marketing Host (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAMay 22, 2013
Providing services to our VIP guests based on qualifications such as hotel and meals accommodations, limo service, cruise, etc. A proven track record in developing players, increasing sales in restaurants, hotel accommodations, and major events.
Pros
***********
Cons
na
Productive, Exciting Mulit-task Enviroment
Casino Host (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CaliforniaMay 21, 2013
Working independently & make decisions without constant supervision. Promote casino promotions/events, performing administrative duties, scheduling, working with ACSC and LMS system making hotel reservations for our VIP guest; issuing vouchers; make appropriate decisions regarding complimentaries by evaluating the gaming activity of individual players such as recorded play, earned point’s, comp availability, & guest profitability. Take proactive measures to ensure customer satisfaction. Learned the ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment while remaining focused & effective, Strong customer service & conflict managment skills. Great co-workers. Enjoy every part of my job duties in the casino field & most enjoyable the daily enteraction with guest
Pros
great atmosphere; friendly employees; fast paced
Cons
travel distance
Auditor II (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAMarch 6, 2013
Honestly, this place is a great place to work. I would have stayed longer if I wasn't a stay at home mom. The people are great, and its a fun place to work. The only reason I gave it 3 stars for work/life balance is because since the casino is open 24/7 you will most likely be working every single holiday since thats when its the most packed. The pay is ok, but I love that we got paid every friday instead of biweekly. I really did enjoy it here.
Pros
great people, cheap lunch
Cons
work holidays
Had great benifits
Dual Rate Table Games Supervisor/ Dealer October (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CaliforniaFebruary 1, 2013
Even though I was terminated without cause, this casino was a good place to work. Fellow employees were all supportive, as well as my immeadiate management. The only person who was not totaly professional was the HR representitive for Workers comp. She saw to my termination with zeal. She not only lied to me on several occasions she was often times rude. HR created a false job description so that they could terminate my employment because my injury caused a great deal of workers comp dollars to take care of.
Pros
paid for insurance for employee after one year, start accruing sick time, personal time off and vacation days right away.
Cons
no legal reprisal as they are a tribal employer, and can terminate without cause.
Love working here, great people, but cant advance!
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CAMarch 23, 2012
I love my job and interacting with customers. I get along great with everyone, but I cant advance here. I have been stuck in the same postion for 5 years and I need to move on. I want something I can grow and learn more in.
Pros
co workers and people here are great.
Cons
lack of communication with management and stuck!

4.2