Morongo Unified School District Employee Reviews

School leadership is good but district level leadership is lacking
Education Specialist - La Contenta Middle School (Current Employee) –  Yucca Valley, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Leadership is an issue in the district and I want to work with others to teach leadership skills. There is no opportunity for advancement for many who are not buddies with current district admin.

The school environment is decent to work in for a middle school. The culture at a middle school is ever fluctuating but the admin at the school works hard to make it a place kids want to be.
Productive place to work
Speech Language Pathologist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CANovember 22, 2017
Hated that there was no way to move up once you moved up. You had to wait for the turn of the year to be able to get a pay raise and the hours were not secure enough for an adult to work. It was a great environment though
Great!
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Yucca Mesa, CASeptember 2, 2017
Morongo Unified School District is a great district to work for. Friendly staff and personable administration make it a fun place to be employed. I recommend them as an employer.
productive
Custodian Substitute (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 29, 2017
a typical day of work and also i get to see all teacher before the leave for the day and i wolud love to work here full time if it is possabile cause i enjoy makeing the school staff happy
Pros
time mangement
Cons
fast pase
Decent place to work
Classified Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  29 Palms, CA 92277August 17, 2017
I like working with the kids. They're great! Nice teachers too.

Kids seem happy and teachers are friendly and staff is helpful.

Schools are are generally closeby.

Good place to work if you live locally.
Balanced work life
AVID Tutor (Current Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAJuly 16, 2017
Working as an Avid Tutor has allowed me to learn social skills that I previously did not have. I've learned how to handle different situations quickly and efficiently.
Substitute Teaching in the Morongo Unified School District
Certified Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Yucca Valley, CAJune 17, 2017
As a substitute teacher, exposure to opportunities to teach in a wide range of courses at essentially every grade level and in a wide variety of different educational institutions is guaranteed, and provides excellent teaching experience.
great
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAJune 15, 2017
great place to work with great co workers. Awesome managers and awesome schools. The IT department offers a lot of growing opportunities. I would definitely recommend working here
Pros
lots of learning opportunity
Challenging and fast paced
Consultant (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 15, 2017
Substitute Teaching has been enjoyable while I dealt with a family illness. I teach grades K through 12. This is something I enjoy doing temporarily, but not for years.
Its a job
Substute worker (Current Employee) –  In 29 palmsFebruary 9, 2017
It's a job and you do what you need to do each day.
Some workers talk stuff about other workers. Some worker are a blast to work with
Pros
Pick your hours
Cons
No work every day
Inviting workplace
AVID Tutor (Current Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAMay 29, 2016
I was hired later into the school year, but everybody was very welcoming and helped get me settled until I knew what I had to do and where to go. It also pays well for a full-time college student and they work around your schedule.
Review depends on what department i was working.
Okay to contact this Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAJuly 27, 2015
The warehouse at MUSD was ran very smooth and efficient. Management was respectful and always listened to ideas to make the warehouse run more effective.

Maintenance and Grounds were not run effectively. Many employees ran their own schedule and did not work a productive day. Management had a well versed knowledge of all trades but lacked leadership to effectively run his crews.
Great experience in honing in on my communication schools...met many good people.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  29 Palms, CAJune 24, 2015
As a substitute teacher for the Morongo District, I have to say that my day to day life in this position was most enjoyable but the pay varies and it's hard to budget. Great as a side job.
Money + annoying = not worth it!
AVID Tutor (Former Employee) –  29 Palms, CAAugust 5, 2014
Get to work get yelled at for being late even if on time, set up group placements, be told it is wrong with know inclination of how to adjust, begin doing work that co-workers should be aiding with. I learned that no matter how hard you try, there is still the potential of not making everyone happy, of not being able to do what is asked of you, even if you want to. The management at one school was phenomenal he really understood when there was a tutor who had a complaint and did everything in his power to assist and make things better for everyone. Where as at the other site the supervisor was terrible, she never considered your opinion, in your eyes you were her thing to play with, she would hang hours at the drop of a hat, scream at you in front of your co-workers and the students who were supposed to respect you and listen to you (how can that occur if the person in charge is disrespecting you and intentionally down playing your role) you cannot. Hardest part of my job was showing up, I dreaded go to work because I had deal with people that made my job more difficult than it already was as well as constantly being hit with obstructions that made it impossible to do the job. I only made it through the day because I knew I was making a difference in the students learning which added to their potential of success (of course the pay was nice but not nearly as important as those kids were) It was painful having to resign, because I really understood those students when no one else did, they trusted me, they honestly believed I could help them (even outside of their classes, they  more... appreciated my advice on everything, they even told me I make coming to school that much easier).  less
Pros
Helping Students realize their Potential
Cons
Everything Else!
Very Rewarding career
Teacher, Special Education, Severly Handicapped (Current Employee) –  Yucca Valley, CAAugust 3, 2014
I work with a difficult population of students. Their needs vary widely from student to student and day to day. Most students arrive in my classroom having been told that they could do nothing, and would amount to nothing. Usually, by the time they leave, they discover that they are capable of doing a great deal to live as regular human beings. Their attitudes towards themselves and others change. They learn to think for themselves, solve everyday problems, and assume responsibility for their lives.
Pros
Steady paycheck, good benefits.
Cons
Extreme stress when "Behavior disorder" students come into the class, or we experience a teacher shortage.
My coworkers were wonderful to work with, they all went out of their way to help each other.
Instructional Aide / Health Tech (Former Employee) –  29 Palms, CAJuly 3, 2014
Morongo Unified School District has a family like feel. Everyone that I have worked with, enjoys working with children and with each other.
Traveled and worked with nice people
Library Media Assistant (Former Employee) –  29 Palms, CAMay 28, 2014
- Load up books, bring them to schools, stock them, and discard outdated texts
- How to do inventory
- I liked my supervisor
- Good
- Somewhat monotonous
Fun place to work
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Palms, CAMay 5, 2014
This company is a union company hard to get on but once you are there you are a keeper the postion i had was seasonal and the only reason i left was because i found a full time job, the kids are great and the staff is amazing, compensation is based on education which is great however for instructional aide its only part time
Nice place to work
Campus Supervisor/ Substitute (Former Employee) –  29 Palms, CAFebruary 17, 2014
Through my 5+ years working for MUSD I learned a myriad of different things. How to cooperate with school aged children/adults. I learned about all operations that go into an efficient running district, from warehouse, custodial, maintenance, grounds, instructional aids, to HR. I can happily say this was a beneficial place to work and grow.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Union deductions
Great place, great people
Lead Benefits & Payroll Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Yucca Valley, CASeptember 25, 2013
I miss working there so badly but unfortunately life moved me miles away and the commute wasn't even a possibility.