Morongo Unified School District Employee Reviews in United States

Great experience in honing in on my communication schools...met many good people.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  29 Palms, CAJune 24, 2015
As a substitute teacher for the Morongo District, I have to say that my day to day life in this position was most enjoyable but the pay varies and it's hard to budget. Great as a side job.
Money + annoying = not worth it!
AVID Tutor (Former Employee) –  29 Palms, CAAugust 5, 2014
Get to work get yelled at for being late even if on time, set up group placements, be told it is wrong with know inclination of how to adjust, begin doing work that co-workers should be aiding with. I learned that no matter how hard you try, there is still the potential of not making everyone happy, of not being able to do what is asked of you, even if you want to. The management at one school was phenomenal he really understood when there was a tutor who had a complaint and did everything in his power to assist and make things better for everyone. Where as at the other site the supervisor was terrible, she never considered your opinion, in your eyes you were her thing to play with, she would hang hours at the drop of a hat, scream at you in front of your co-workers and the students who were supposed to respect you and listen to you (how can that occur if the person in charge is disrespecting you and intentionally down playing your role) you cannot. Hardest part of my job was showing up, I dreaded go to work because I had deal with people that made my job more difficult than it already was as well as constantly being hit with obstructions that made it impossible to do the job. I only made it through the day because I knew I was making a difference in the students learning which added to their potential of success (of course the pay was nice but not nearly as important as those kids were) It was painful having to resign, because I really understood those students when no one else did, they trusted me, they honestly believed I could help them (even outside of their classes, they  more... appreciated my advice on everything, they even told me I make coming to school that much easier).  less
Pros
helping students realize their potential
Cons
everything else!
Very Rewarding career
Teacher, Special Education, Severly Handicapped (Current Employee) –  Yucca Valley, CAAugust 3, 2014
I work with a difficult population of students. Their needs vary widely from student to student and day to day. Most students arrive in my classroom having been told that they could do nothing, and would amount to nothing. Usually, by the time they leave, they discover that they are capable of doing a great deal to live as regular human beings. Their attitudes towards themselves and others change. They learn to think for themselves, solve everyday problems, and assume responsibility for their lives.
Pros
steady paycheck, good benefits.
Cons
extreme stress when "behavior disorder" students come into the class, or we experience a teacher shortage.
My coworkers were wonderful to work with, they all went out of their way to help each other.
Instructional Aide / Health Tech (Former Employee) –  29 Palms, CAJuly 3, 2014
Morongo Unified School District has a family like feel. Everyone that I have worked with, enjoys working with children and with each other.
Traveled and worked with nice people
Library Media Assistant (Former Employee) –  29 Palms, CAMay 28, 2014
- Load up books, bring them to schools, stock them, and discard outdated texts
- How to do inventory
- I liked my supervisor
- Good
- Somewhat monotonous
Fun place to work
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Palms, CAMay 5, 2014
This company is a union company hard to get on but once you are there you are a keeper the postion i had was seasonal and the only reason i left was because i found a full time job, the kids are great and the staff is amazing, compensation is based on education which is great however for instructional aide its only part time
Nice place to work
Campus Supervisor/ Substitute (Former Employee) –  29 Palms, CAFebruary 17, 2014
Through my 5+ years working for MUSD I learned a myriad of different things. How to cooperate with school aged children/adults. I learned about all operations that go into an efficient running district, from warehouse, custodial, maintenance, grounds, instructional aids, to HR. I can happily say this was a beneficial place to work and grow.
Pros
salary
Cons
union deductions
Great place, great people
Lead Benefits & Payroll Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Yucca Valley, CASeptember 25, 2013
I miss working there so badly but unfortunately life moved me miles away and the commute wasn't even a possibility.
Fun people to work with and good place to work.
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  29 Palms, CAAugust 1, 2013
I would prepare the night before alternative activities and implement them with the children I worked with. I would read with children and help them with their math.
good cook job for the kids
Nutritional Service Worker (Former Employee) –  29 Palms, CAMay 6, 2013
working in the cafeteria for the elementary school and high school gives a opportunity to work on customer service and challenge your prep line skills
Pros
good environment and coworkers
Cons
annoying kids
Productive and fast paced
Instructional Assistant - Special Education (Current Employee) –  Palms, CADecember 7, 2012
You are at the school campus for 3 hours a day. You assist the teacher with anything he or she needs such as copies, filing, grading, etc. when not doing that you are assisting students with any type of class or homework.
Regular
A.V.I.D tutor (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAJune 2, 2012
The ladies that worked their were nice. I did not learn much form the company, but they do compensate their worker well. From working at the school district it made me realize that is not what I want to do for the rest of my life.