Morris Communications Employee Reviews in United States

executing Server Refresh Project of All Morris Communication Business Markets spread over 55 Locations
Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 6, 2016
Morris Communications is a leader in media with high-quality brands that provide community news, information, advertising, entertainment and related content through diverse digital channels and distribution outlets. Server Refresh Project includes Upgradation of IT Infrastructure including, Server, Network, Storage and Associated Software. It includes Exploring current business requirement with scalability, choose the right solution and Design the Solution. Finally Implementation of Upgraded Infrastructure and Application migration.
Don't do it...
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 20, 2015
I was in as a temp with a promise to become a full time member of the staff. The lies piled up and they got rid of a ton of us in one swoop, nearly leaving me homeless. They don't care about their employees, and there is ZERO job security.
Great place to Work.
Office Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 1, 2015
Since this information is public, I chose not to discuss. My only comment is that this is a great family atmosphere to work, but since there is very limited turnover, advancement opportunities are few without relocation.
Productive workplace
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 13, 2014
A typical day at work would start with scanning and saving client personally information for the Credit Department, then I would start working one of my three regions: calling clients to speak with Accounts Payable to get payment status for past due invoices and if a client did not have copies or requested copies of invoices, statement, or tear sheets I would send to their attn.

I learned how to deal with different personally. Example: I could call one client and get a good reaction after informing there are past due invoices on their account, I may even get a payment and form a relationship with the client making them feel secure in our company.

Management was well, making sure I was okay with the work load and that I had everything I needed to work with as for helping the clients.

My co-workers were good, we all worked well together. Helping each other form answering questions to helping print invoices to send to their clients

The hardest part of the job is dealing with clients and their rude attitudes sometimes. All clients do not like to hear they have a past due balance on their account; some clients would hang up the phone in my face. My job was to figure out how to get that client comfortable with me and to assure them I have their best interest at heart.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when I have went above and beyond for my client. Providing their entire request (needs/wants) and at the end they praise how much of a help I was to them.
Pros
the pros of working with this company was the health benefits, i did not have health insurance at my last job.
Cons
the cons of working at this company is just the parking lot, due to the location there is not enough parking space
Decent overall but serious management issues at times
Morning Show Co-host (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 7, 2014
The great thing about working for Morris is that you are generally free to make your own hours when needed. Obviously, you'll need to be there for your shift and any remote broadcasts, but most of management is not all about face time, which allows you to get out and enjoy the community. Like most radio companies, there are added perks of tickets and access to things that many others do not have.

There are some serious management issues at my branch. One man belittles employees, snoops through their things, makes clearly bad decisions and doesn't pull in the numbers that his station should be, and seems to get away with it.

The general manager is a nice man, but is splitting time between two towns that are 8 hours apart by car. He spends 3-4 days per month at the branch I work at and the rest in the other city
Pros
entertaining work environment, tickets and access to local events
Cons
some management issues, technology is supremely subpar, promotions are not equally funded among all the stations
Productive work place
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 24, 2014
I enjoy how my department at Morris works with my schedule. As long as you get your eight hours in you are good to go. This is very beneficial to those who have children. The monthly deadline for publications is also a plus too.The staff is pretty friendly.
Pros
flexibility with work hours
Cons
wish it paid more
I have always enjoyed my newspaper work. This last experience had high moments but I was convinced it is time to try something new.
Publisher (Former Employee) –  Thomson, GaMay 25, 2014
Was not allowed to do what is right with employees. Too many chiefs had a hand in what went on with daily operations. Better teamwork by the home folks could have resulted in great revenue gains.
Pros
putting out a quality product which i always had something in print.
Cons
too many chiefs with no stake in the outcome.
Good coworkers and learning opportunities
Internet Marketing Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 23, 2014
I think a work environment should grow the employees, and my time at Morris really did. Skill wise, I learned a great deal about Social Media management for businesses and grew to thoroughly enjoy it! While in charge of the fulfillment for Daily Deals, I was able to more develop my organization skills and communication with staff at the different papers Morris owns. My coworkers were great, and really added to the work environment. I think the hardest parts of the job were (1)training the clients who didn't know much about social media, on their new social media platforms and how to utilize them effectively and(2)making sure the sales staff were communicating clearly with their clients about what they were actually purchasing, whether it be a website, social media or a mobile site.
Great workplace
Customer and Retention Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 27, 2014
I really enjoyed working at morris communication. On a typical day I was taking incoming calls in reference to newspapers in several different states. I also made outbound calls to loyal and new customers to make sure they were satisfied with their subscription. Managment was very fun and exciting and always came up with new ideas to keep the moral up in the workplace.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
working every holiday
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 12, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the internal and external customers to resolve billing, payment, and credit worthiness issues.
Constant Turnover
Multimedia Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 1, 2013
I worked for Morris in three cities. The pay is good, but the stress of meeting unrealistic budgets is not worth it. Management has their favorites and looks out for them. Print media is a sinking ship.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
unrealistic budgets, lots of stress!!!
nice people, unskilled
CSR (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 27, 2013
Being told what to do by unskilled people, low sense of job security
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 16, 2013
Working at Morris was a place I enjoyed being at. When I left I was looking for advancement that I wasn't able to get at the time. I worked under great management and enjoyed who I worked with.
Sales Associate.
Retention Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 22, 2013
The typical day consist of cashiering and merchandising. I've learned the value of customer courtesy. The management was never really available unless needed by staff for serious issues. The hardest part of the job was keeping the money the company paid you, your money because there is always something to buy! The most enjoyable part of the job is the discount.
Great enviroment to work in.
Team Captain & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 12, 2013
Would reccommend to anyone. Great friendly atmosphere to work in.
Productive, fun work place with good loving people.
Statistician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 29, 2013
A typical day is to take care of the customers, enter data. File once in a while.
Management is very kind, and laxed which makes for a productive day.
I love my co-workers, there my family.
Hardest part of this job, id keeping up facing I will not get a raise at all.
Working with my friends.
Pros
everyone seems to get along
Cons
no pay raises in 4 years, had to tak a cut in pay just to keep job.
Company adrift
Sales (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 9, 2013
Company has been having a tough time the last five years or so and current executive management seems incapable of leading company out of its problems.
Pros
some dedicated mid-level co-workers
Cons
pay cuts, elimination of benefits
Working here.
Graphic Design/ Contractor (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 4, 2013
Right now I am just a contractor. I am seeking a full time position.
Professional work setting
Customer Business Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 25, 2012
The job required much patience and the ability to relate to customers in various ways.
Vice President, Director National Adv Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2012
Lot of room to create. Always looking for ways to improve their products and help the customer
Pros
smart people
Cons
the economy and web damaged print