Morris Group, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Innovative, growing company with a family-oriented culture
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTApril 21, 2016
Company culture is what really defines an employer of choice. This is an organization that genuinely cares and expresses an interest in their employees.
Pros
Supportive management, Learning encouraged and training opportunities available, Safety conscious employees with collaborative attitudes
Good Company with a Long History
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 12, 2015
Morris Great Lakes is a Division of Morris Group Incorporated (MGI). MGI is a privately held company founded in 1947 as a Machine Tool Distributor.
I would not work for them again
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTDecember 19, 2014
Robert E. Morris charges a hundred-twenty an hour for maintenance services, and yet Robert E. Morris pays the maintainers sixteen an hour. The maintainers are the ones risking their lives on the road for hours on end each day regardless of road conditions. One of the maintainers in particular was still making less than seventeen an hour after six years of service. The maintenance personnel, for the most part, are a bunch of disgruntled former mechanics. Instead of providing company vehicles, you drive your own. They pay some vehicle expenses but it doesn't cover turning your personal vehicle into their work vehicle. With all of the tools and parts you are required to keep in the car, your trunk is no longer your own. You end up spending a lot more money on gas on your personal time lugging their stuff around because who wants to constantly remove, and load a hundred-fifty plus lbs worth of Robert e. Morris stuff every time you want to go food shopping. Does the vehicle allowance cover detailing your interior after months of returning from jobs with your clothes filthy of hydraulic fluid? No! Training? A joke. Evaluations? Another joke. When I was hired, they assured me no more than twenty five percent of my time would be overnight on the road. That was a not true. During my tenure there I changed my residence from part of my geographical territory to another part of the same geographical territory and they had the nerve to ask me why I didn't consult with them before moving.
Senior Accountant
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTOctober 26, 2012
 Support the VP of Finance for the largest machine tool distributer in New England
 Prepare and direct the preparation of audits, financial statements, and various fiscal reports
 Maintain various financial reports including; balance sheets, general ledgers and P&L statements using GAAP guidelines
 Review accounting documents to ensure accuracy of information and calculations
 Organize and prepare month end close duties for accounting group
 Preparation of monthly budgets and analysis of differences
 Fixed Asset processing and reporting
 Analyze machine sales and cost by forecasting monthly profit to management
 Monitor reserve accounts and short term fund investments
yes it was a productive but not fun
welder,carpenture, (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 9, 2012
Some day i wonted to quit do to some of the people that i work with but i learned alot
Pros
predem
Cons
break at 9 an 12