Morris Heights Health Center Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 7, 2017
Very busy work place managers try their best to fulfill employees and patient needs. working in the pediatric department has helped me learn more about how to work with children with autism.
Pros
Flexible hours
Normal
Business Associate (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 27, 2017
Morris Heights Health Center is a great company. In this company you are allowed to grow and everyone is always very happy and respectful. This is a family
Amazing for interships and employment
Medical Assisting Internship (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 26, 2017
good staff, flexible schedule, and you can gain a lot of experience before entering to a real job. you will learn alot about medical records and others office duties.
Productive Workplace
Medical Assistant Practicum (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 26, 2017
A typical day at Morris Heights Health Center was very productive and fulfilling. I learned many things while working. I learned about different test, different ways to do one task and the proper way to treat each patient. Management was well done. The hardest part of the job was trying to do everything perfectly, in order to maintain a smile on each patients face. The most enjoyable part of the job was adapting to different patients although there were difficult experiences, It is always good to see the different types of situations. Also, experiencing the different units such as Pediatric, Urgent care, Women's Health and Dental. Overall, it was a very good experience working in Morris Heights Health Center
Pros
Space, Free Lunch
so, so
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 24, 2017
Not the best place, not the worst. Pay can be a lot better for all they expect you to do. Upper management can use some help on how to have consideration and treat employees. But co workers become family, patient flow is not bad.
Outstanding Facility
Director of Revenue Integrity (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2017
I had the good fortune to work the talented staff at Morris Heights. Challenging environment. Senior leadership was very supportive of all recommendations and sought to garner results.
Pros
Great leadership
Cons
Contract ended
worse experience ever
Reach-Out Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 17, 2017
Other than my co workers. I have nothing good to say about this company. It was a very unfair company to work for. Lots of favoritism. The lack of management fairness, was a shocker for me.
Cons
Favoritism
Positive and fun place to work
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 27, 2017
MHHC was a great place to work, the staff are friendly and professional. The work environment is calm.The most enjoyable part was the activities that were planned.
Productive, providing patient centered care
Charge Nurse (RN) - Ambulatory Care (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 24, 2017
Working at MHHC is rewarding and fulfilling because we make a big difference in the lives of the people we serve.
There are 6 clinics and 20 schools, Behavioral Health and Extended Care Center.
The days can be busy depending on the site to which you are assigned. The workers are as diverse as the population we serve.
The hardest part of the job is trying to provide the highest quality care with limited staffing.
The most enjoyable part of the job to see the patients progressively learning how to live better, healthier lives.
Cons
Health benefits can be expensive
Great.
Intern/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 22, 2017
The workplace was very enticing and allowed me to gain a lot of experience as well.The pay was well but the environment was really dull.There was not much employee communication as well.
The day to day in the WIC program
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 30, 2017
Working with low income families to meet nutritional needs. Providing women, infant, and children with health and nutrition as well as breastfeeding support in the Bronx community.
Mhhc
Administration (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 24, 2017
Morris Heights is a great place to work. The structure of some departments can be a bit confusing. There are a lot of directors with little or no staff support. However, the patients are awesome and some of my colleagues are very supportive.
Pros
Employee Activities
Benefits
Stressful, non-supportive administration.
Treatment Adherence Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 21, 2017
I loved working with the patients daily, however there was pressure to always do better or you were informed our job was at stake. Management never gave evaluations on time, so our salaries were never increased.
If you're looking to gain experience....sure
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 17, 2017
I loved working for Morris Heights Health Center in the very beginning. A few months in I began to notice how unorganized that place was. I moved from one department to the next (administration) and it was even worse then the department I had started in. The directors, assistants are extremely rude, self-centered, and have no respect for any staff members below them. It took them over a year to give me a raise let alone a six-month evaluation on time.
Pros
Gaining Experience, Decent benefits
Cons
lack of organization, no respect between staff members
Not a good place to work in.
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 29, 2017
The company is fair with working hours, The benefits are great, But unfair with time off. There is no growth, No movement and the pay isn't enough with the amount of work we do. It's not a friendly environment, We are not allowed to speak to our co workers. Too much work and not enough people in the department, The department needs help.
Pros
Good working hours.
Cons
Not a healthy place to work in, very strict and stressful.
Ask
Medical Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 22, 2017
This is a non for profit clinic. Available to help with those who do not have health insurance. It is a good place to work for, the salary is not much .
need to further my scope of career
Business Associate 1 (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 6, 2017
I have learned at this job some new things for as for now there is no more room for growth there for me. so I am seeking a new work experience to which I can grow in.
Pros
good work hrs
Cons
no room for growth
Productive & exciting workplace.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 24, 2017
The staff was eager and patient to show the interns the correct way to do things. The patient were very accepting of the interns. The rotion between departments was educational and handled professional.
Pros
The location.
Cons
Too small of a breakroom.
A place dedicated to community
Social Worker /Behavioral Health (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 13, 2017
This agency, from top to bottom, is true reflection of the community it serves. MHHC takes pride in providing quality health care to those truly in need!
Great Work Environment!
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 11, 2017
I enjoyed it. I am a service volunteer that works with a team to help my community and try to make a difference in social issues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morris Heights Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval