Morris Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Hospital work is unique.
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILMay 5, 2016
Everything you do supports families and patients when they are at their most vulnerable. It really is a very special type of work. Hospital workers can also take pride in the fact that "hospitals are the backbones of communities, and what you do directly supports the community.
Pros
Rewarding and satisfying career working in a hospital. Having a positive impact on patients' lives
Cons
It is difficult to watch patients struggle or die in the hospital.
Small hospital - small minds
Medical Technologist (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILNovember 28, 2015
Small community hospital - where everyone knows everyone. And if you are not from the area, you will not fit in. Always an outsider looking in. Human Resources does nothing with complaints, goes through one ear and out the other. No room for advancement , only those selected or in the clique allowed to advance. Upper management needs re-organization and a clean sweep.
Pros
Benefits, PTO
Cons
Short breaks (timed w/ lab manager looking over you), very judge mental closed minded team

Comment – December 3, 2015

i agree with this comment! This place is so small minded! Management needs a sweep of the house!

Enjoyable Work Environment
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Morris, IL 60450April 5, 2016
I enjoyed working at Morris Hospital; it was an enjoyable work environment. It helped learn how to work with others and in a fast paced environment.
Busy urgent care clinic
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Morris, ILOctober 15, 2015
In the urgent care we care for sick and injured patients, and also provide sports physicals to athletes. We see anywhere from 15-50 patients daily, depending on the day and season. The staff I work with is a very hard-working, dedicated group of individuals; including RNs, physicians, laboratory technicians, radiology technicians, and registration staff. Together we provide the best care possible to our patients.
Pros
My co-workers make my job more enjoyable
Cons
short breaks, if any
Great Group of co-workers ever
RN (Current Employee) –  Morris, ILJune 3, 2015
I really enjoy my job at Morris Hospital, and have learned so much since I started back in 1998 (Way to much to mention). Everyday I go to work I still learn something. This field of practice is constantly changing, but thanks to the wonderful management and my awesome co-workers the changes come with ease.
Most days I am in the labor & delivery unit so participating in the birthday of new life is priceless. Being apart of the joy and happiness of new family has kept me in this business for so long, although sometimes the outcome can also be devastating, which obviously is the hardest part of this profession, and it really teaches us how precious and fragile life is.
All of our life experiences are just one more chapter in our life, whether good or bad they are what make us who we are, and I think we choose a profession to enhance our life and make our book a better read.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Holidays and weekends
Even though I left, I miss the people
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILMarch 20, 2015
typical day is like taking a walk at the beach, I have learned to take it in stride. Management had there quirks, but the people there were cheerful. the hardest part of the job was staying awake for the drive home.
Pros
starting over
Cons
being awake for my commute
First job as a new graduate RN
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILAugust 11, 2014
Morris hospital is a community hospital. The staff there have worked together for ages. So have their families, and their families before them. Coming in as someone not from Morris, I was not warmly received. I was able to take in a lot of different experiences as I was the first to volunteer if another unit needed extra help. Cliques were the ultimate downfall of my career at Morris- I just didn't know the right people and I wasn't from the right town.
Pros
varied experence throughout the hospital.
Cons
see above
Nutrition Services
Former Nutrition Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nutrition ServicesAugust 31, 2014
I had the greatest co-workers, who made it a reason to come into work everyday. The Manager is horrible, your called into the office for stupid reasons, and they throw co-workers under the bus and put the blame on the co-workers when in all it was management that was at fault. This has been brought up to Human Resources on numerous occasions(from previous and present employees) regarding management in that department and we as employees don't get heard it gets swept under the rug. And there is no advancement from this department either, You can apply for all other positions and you don't even get a response from the department that you applied at if even it was a denial instead you get nothing.
Pros
working with great co-workers
Cons
i think the healthcare is ok but expensive, and management stinks
every day was something new
Radiology Department Transporter (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILAugust 18, 2014
Transporting patients from hospital to department for testing was difficult. Some were combative while others were very sick and fragile. Always needed to be compassionate and understanding of their condition. Technicians were great to work with. Willing to help you when necessary.
Pros
great staff, very helpful
Cons
sick people
Wonderful benefits but awful managing
nutrition services (Current Employee) –  Morris, ILApril 1, 2013
I enjoy my work but the management staff in the nutrition services department seems to like to cause drama between the staff. They pick their favorites and if anyone says anything to them about the way one of them conducts themselves at their job it becomes a problem with the person reporting the problem. The HR staff has been notified on many occasions by different employees and they tend to favor the management. I have been there over 6 years and am among one of the employees that have been there the longest. The turn around is ridiculous.
Pros
insurance benefits and vacation benefits are fantastic
Cons
not a very pleasant atmosphere sometimes.
ok place to work for,didnt have much time to get to know overall management, department management so so at best doesn't really give you the training
Engineering Tech II (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILAugust 8, 2012
alot a nice people to work with, Overall management ok, department manager is mediocere at best,doesn't really give you the tools you need to improve your value, unless you bug him enough to give in.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
department head unreliable
Friendly environment to work with
Building Services (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILNovember 21, 2013
Basically maintained cleanliness around hospital. Learned to use machinery, someone would not normally use. Management was responsible and reliable. Maintain cleanliness can be difficult due to the demand on work staff or patient count. I enjoyed the other co workers.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
no room to advance
Management does not care about employees. Just to get their bonus!! Treat people UNFAIRLY!!!
Retail Cook (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILJune 19, 2012
Did enjoy my job. But, after a few months, I could see favorites. Other co-workers getting certain shifts and responsibilities where as co-workers who did their job were NEVER TREATED the SAME!!!
Pros
no pros!!!
Cons
no free lunches, emergency/personal situations were not considered!!!!
Productive and well managed, feels like a home
Patient Service Representative & Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Morris, ILJune 2, 2014
My typical day of work is managing the other 5 employee that are on staff that day, along with registering and scheduling patients for appointments. I also handle any communications from the other departments to my department.
don't work in food service here
dietitian (Former Employee) –  Morris, IlMarch 21, 2013
The kitchen had many hard working individuals who were not recognized for the great jobs they did. The manager was always looking to find fault with the work you did and felt that you were being confrontational when you had any new ideas to improve your work.
Cons
terrible management
Very unpleasant and unprofessional facility.
tech (Former Employee) –  Morris, IllinoisJanuary 22, 2013
This was probably the most stressful, hurtful, extremely unprofessional places I have ever worked. Very ignorant, small minded facility that only cared about word of mouth or how things appeared. The employees are bitter and vindictive and only out for themselves. They treat each other horribly not to mention the treatment of their patients. It seems the staff decides who is worthy of care. New management that could care less about lower level employees and that actually barely have any experience themselves and are not competent. This was a very discouraging and disappointing work experience. Seemed like nothing more than constant harassment, bad moods and an overall depressing and sometime hostile work environment.
Cons
no paid holidays, you pay yourself from paid time in. no overtime, or any room for advancement. constant cancellation of work shifts. no paid time off, once again you pay yourself!
meet different people every day
CNA (Current Employee) –  Morris, ILFebruary 12, 2013
I work the night shift The start of our shift we get report on our patients.I take vital signs,assist patients to the restroom.Do hygeine care,Answer call lights.notify nurse if notice of any change in patients.
Pros
meet different people
Cons
night shift
Small Town Hospital
Transcription Supervisor/Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Morris, ILNovember 10, 2014
It is a nice place to work. Job includes holidays and weekends. I learned a lot about implementation and applications here.
Productive and fun to work good team work
SALES PERSON (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILMay 21, 2012
Morris hospital is a great place to work team work nursing care personalities and pay rates are good
Awesome Experience!!!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILSeptember 6, 2012
The Best HIM Staff!!!! They were a very welcoming and encouraging team.
Pros
very knowledgeable and work together

2.8