Morris Hospital Employee Reviews

Applied in April, heard back in October!
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILFebruary 26, 2017
Applied for a selective field in hospital setting in April and only in October finally got a reply, via email, acknowledging my application and that the position was filled. That is sad. Upper management operates in a bubble. This facility will not survive with the current culture. Diversity of staff only encourages growth, opportunities and challenges. Same-old same-old does just that - stops growing and achieving. What does Morris Hospital strive for? Putting up a fence around itself or opening doors to make itself awesome and reknowned, to stand tall?
Want exemplary experience with chump change pay
Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge (Current Employee) –  Morris, ILJanuary 14, 2017
Dont waste your time submitting an application for security dept. $15 hr pay. Lol. Joke Target pays more than that. They have champagne taste and want to pay you beer $$.. someone could have 20 yrs police experience and think a degree trumps experience. College kids are overrated and educated midgets.
Pros
Good.people
Cons
Low.pay, no advancement, false promises
Clean, friendly, supportive environment
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILJanuary 10, 2017
Very clean facility, friendly environment with emphasis on quality and teamwork. I had frequent interactions with many employees in almost all departments and was always impressed by the helpfulness and cheerfulness I encountered. Worked there for almost seven years before moving out of the area, but often wish I was still there.
Pros
Clean, friendly environment
Cons
Many processes are in need of updating
Don't work in nutrition
Nutrition Services (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILOctober 5, 2016
Do not work in nutrition services. Management is poor and will lie to your face. High turn around. Too much work piled on for too few people. The list goes on. Although, the kitchen staff is a great bunch, they help make the days a little more enjoyable. And the benefits aren't too bad. But don't count on transferring to another department or hoping to move up. You're pretty much stuck where you're at unless you know someone.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, poor management
Morris Hospital is run as if it were a Cult.
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Morris, ILJuly 27, 2016
If you were not born, raised and now living in the community, you are not welcomed into their Cult-like environment.
Administration and some managers are professional liars. They look you straight in the eyes and lie.
I do have to say that most co-workers are great to work with, but beware of day shift personnel being friendly and then have a target on your back. A lot of issues in many departments. Managers and Administration do not care about your personal well being and concerns in the departments. They do not want to hear it, although it is recommended you go to your manager first regarding any concerns, then you are looked at as making waves, instead of trying to implement a better work flow.
You either shut your mouth, or "Get off the bus." as one Administrator states, verbatim.
I would not recommend working for this company.
Do not go over your managers head, or yours will be cut off!
Many new RN recruits are gone between their 90 day probation period and 6 months. This is an indication that there is something severely wrong. Morris Hospital recently lost staff members that were employed many years, due to poor Administration and Management problems, and scheduling issues.
Be prepared to not have many weekends off for family. Staff has to find their own coverage to have a scheduled weekend off, according to hospital policy. No vacation days allowed on weekend, unless you find your own coverage.
Pros
Most co-workers are great through out the facility.
Cons
Administration and some managers do not care about you personally.
Hospital work is unique.
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILMay 5, 2016
Everything you do supports families and patients when they are at their most vulnerable. It really is a very special type of work. Hospital workers can also take pride in the fact that "hospitals are the backbones of communities, and what you do directly supports the community.
Pros
Rewarding and satisfying career working in a hospital. Having a positive impact on patients' lives
Cons
It is difficult to watch patients struggle or die in the hospital.
Small hospital - small minds
Medical Technologist (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILNovember 28, 2015
Small community hospital - where everyone knows everyone. And if you are not from the area, you will not fit in. Always an outsider looking in. Human Resources does nothing with complaints, goes through one ear and out the other. No room for advancement , only those selected or in the clique allowed to advance. Upper management needs re-organization and a clean sweep.
Pros
Benefits, Pto
Cons
Short breaks (timed w/ lab manager looking over you), very judge mental closed minded team

Comment – December 3, 2015

i agree with this comment! This place is so small minded! Management needs a sweep of the house!

Busy urgent care clinic
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Morris, ILOctober 15, 2015
In the urgent care we care for sick and injured patients, and also provide sports physicals to athletes. We see anywhere from 15-50 patients daily, depending on the day and season. The staff I work with is a very hard-working, dedicated group of individuals; including RNs, physicians, laboratory technicians, radiology technicians, and registration staff. Together we provide the best care possible to our patients.
Pros
My co-workers make my job more enjoyable
Cons
short breaks, if any
productive and fun workplace
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Morris, ILOctober 6, 2015
My position is challenging and awarding at the same time, I enjoy knowing i'm doing something worthwhile; as well as helping with surgeries.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks, crowded work space
Great Group of co-workers ever
RN (Current Employee) –  Morris, ILJune 3, 2015
I really enjoy my job at Morris Hospital, and have learned so much since I started back in 1998 (Way to much to mention). Everyday I go to work I still learn something. This field of practice is constantly changing, but thanks to the wonderful management and my awesome co-workers the changes come with ease.
Most days I am in the labor & delivery unit so participating in the birthday of new life is priceless. Being apart of the joy and happiness of new family has kept me in this business for so long, although sometimes the outcome can also be devastating, which obviously is the hardest part of this profession, and it really teaches us how precious and fragile life is.
All of our life experiences are just one more chapter in our life, whether good or bad they are what make us who we are, and I think we choose a profession to enhance our life and make our book a better read.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Holidays and weekends
Even though I left, I miss the people
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILMarch 20, 2015
typical day is like taking a walk at the beach, I have learned to take it in stride. Management had there quirks, but the people there were cheerful. the hardest part of the job was staying awake for the drive home.
Pros
starting over
Cons
being awake for my commute
Small Town Hospital
Transcription Supervisor/Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Morris, ILNovember 10, 2014
It is a nice place to work. Job includes holidays and weekends. I learned a lot about implementation and applications here.
Nutrition Services
Former Nutrition Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nutrition ServicesAugust 31, 2014
I had the greatest co-workers, who made it a reason to come into work everyday. The Manager is horrible, your called into the office for stupid reasons, and they throw co-workers under the bus and put the blame on the co-workers when in all it was management that was at fault. This has been brought up to Human Resources on numerous occasions(from previous and present employees) regarding management in that department and we as employees don't get heard it gets swept under the rug. And there is no advancement from this department either, You can apply for all other positions and you don't even get a response from the department that you applied at if even it was a denial instead you get nothing.
Pros
Working with great Co-Workers
Cons
I think the healthcare is ok but expensive, and management stinks
every day was something new
Radiology Department Transporter (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILAugust 18, 2014
Transporting patients from hospital to department for testing was difficult. Some were combative while others were very sick and fragile. Always needed to be compassionate and understanding of their condition. Technicians were great to work with. Willing to help you when necessary.
Pros
great staff, very helpful
Cons
sick people
First job as a new graduate RN
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILAugust 11, 2014
Morris hospital is a community hospital. The staff there have worked together for ages. So have their families, and their families before them. Coming in as someone not from Morris, I was not warmly received. I was able to take in a lot of different experiences as I was the first to volunteer if another unit needed extra help. Cliques were the ultimate downfall of my career at Morris- I just didn't know the right people and I wasn't from the right town.
Pros
Varied experence throughout the hospital.
Cons
See above
great co workers
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILJuly 25, 2014
it was alot of fun and i learned alot and wish i was still there
Productive and well managed, feels like a home
Patient Service Representative & Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Morris, ILJune 2, 2014
My typical day of work is managing the other 5 employee that are on staff that day, along with registering and scheduling patients for appointments. I also handle any communications from the other departments to my department.
Friendly environment to work with
Building Services (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILNovember 21, 2013
Basically maintained cleanliness around hospital. Learned to use machinery, someone would not normally use. Management was responsible and reliable. Maintain cleanliness can be difficult due to the demand on work staff or patient count. I enjoyed the other co workers.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
no room to advance
Wonderful benefits but awful managing
nutrition services (Current Employee) –  Morris, ILApril 1, 2013
I enjoy my work but the management staff in the nutrition services department seems to like to cause drama between the staff. They pick their favorites and if anyone says anything to them about the way one of them conducts themselves at their job it becomes a problem with the person reporting the problem. The HR staff has been notified on many occasions by different employees and they tend to favor the management. I have been there over 6 years and am among one of the employees that have been there the longest. The turn around is ridiculous.
Pros
insurance benefits and vacation benefits are fantastic
Cons
not a very pleasant atmosphere sometimes.
don't work in food service here
dietitian (Former Employee) –  Morris, IlMarch 21, 2013
The kitchen had many hard working individuals who were not recognized for the great jobs they did. The manager was always looking to find fault with the work you did and felt that you were being confrontational when you had any new ideas to improve your work.
Cons
terrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morris Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8