MORRIS SCHOOL DISTRICT Employee Reviews in United States

Exciting place to work with skilled colleagues and precious students
Cafeteria Manager (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJAugust 11, 2015
As the cafeteria manager I was able to interact with both adult staff & students. This made for a terrific balance. I enjoyed managing the staff and working side by side with them. I also enjoyed providing healthy meals to all students & staff.

I also was employed as an assistant to the teacher managing the after care program (Sunset). Again able to help the students enjoy their afternoon by playing educational & recreational games, assisting them with their homework, providing creative crafts activities, music, dancing and overall fun.

In the summer I worked as a Summer Plus Counselor. Summer Plus is a summer day camp provided through The Morris School District. The first half of each day I was a personal 1:1 assistant to a student with special needs. The second half of the day, I assisted the Kindergarten teacher with 20 students. I love working with children and helping them learn each day.
Pros
Helping children & especially special needs children
nice to work
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  morristown njMarch 19, 2014
sometimes very hectic but enjoyable
science fairs
meeting all kinds of trades people
Pros
people
Cons
doing setups that run to close to be broken down fo another
An excellent place to work with adults and children
Teacher Assistant and Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJFebruary 3, 2014
Managing classroom of students, implementation of lessons, understanding curriculum, cooperation with teachers, parents and administration, The hardest part of the job is meeting the specific needs for each individual student. The most enjoyable part of the job is creating a positive work environment.
Pros
pleasant work environment
Cons
ten month work calendar
Enjoyable and Great place to expand my experiences
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJSeptember 5, 2013
I believe that the Morris School District is a wonderful place where I can advance my knowledge and skills in a classroom environment. All of the co-workers are exceptional to work with, and a typical day requires constant conversations with each other to make sure everyone is on schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the children, and the hardest part is getting the children focus after lunch time (especially in the elementary schools).
Pros
the work environment
great place to work
Maintenance & Repair Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJAugust 20, 2013
great place for advancement and develope those that are great with handy work and repairs.
Very Productive and fun work place
Substitute teacher (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJJune 10, 2013
I work as a Substitute Teacher and Teachers Assistance for five years. I love working in the Morris School district because the staff and the kids are nice. My typical day of work is working in a self contain class in a elementary school. My job is to teach the kids to teach the kids communication skills, how to interact with other kids, and of course teaching them the basic reading writing and math. The hardest part of my job is not having enough time to teach the kids. I love my job because I love when I see the kids retain the skills you taught them.
Pros
working in the district where i went to school at
Cons
not finding a full-time position in the district
Energetic, Fast Paced, Ever-changing School Environment
Bookkeeper/Secretary - Food Services Office (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJApril 13, 2012
It's a school district! So, you never know if and when budgets or financial hardships will affect your employment.
Pros
free lunches for food services staff, free health benefits, summers off.
Cons
it's a school district... see above.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MORRIS SCHOOL DISTRICT. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8