Morris Employee Reviews

Interesting office with lovely co-workers
Communications Coordinator/Client Services (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAMarch 18, 2015
A typical day at work began with printing and distributing schedules to all office personnel detailing the daily availability of all regional attorneys within our network. Daily duties included answering three lines for Divorce Lawyers For Men, screening potential clients, basic intake, and transfer to the appropriate attorney; taking payments; scanning documents; setting up new clients; closing out finalized cases; tracking all incoming call data via excel spreadsheet.
I learned valuable law office admin skills and software, as well as several legal terms and resources for those people who cannot afford representation.
My supervisor was a kind individual but very shy and introverted.
My co-workers were wonderful people and I cannot praise them highly enough; particularly the receptionist, paralegals and bookkeeper.
The hardest part of my job was hearing some of the sad and abusive stories from our potential clients.
The most enjoyable part of my job was nearly all of it, but setting up and closing out clients and working alongside other attorneys was very enjoyable.
Pros
beautiful office, interesting daily work, fun and relaxed atmosphere, supplemented hsa account
Cons
lack of communication between higher-ups and lower management, limited coverage high-deductible health insurance, no reviews, raises or opportunity for growth.
Hard and active job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  NewmanOctober 28, 2013
This job was very challenging cause you were always on Your feet for 12-14 hours a day. You were up in the middle of nowhere for 2 weeks and away from Your Family.
I learned to get the job done on a deadline and to the best of Your abilitys.
The hardest part of the job was being away from home for 2 weeks at a time, but i adepted to it.
Cause you were so far away from home it was important to be a good teamplayer and try to get along With Your workmates.
i liked the job cause you were always busy, always something to do and never had to stand around.
Pros
work provided flight, food and accommodation
Cons
long hours but salary was good
Small organization, exciting to plan, make decisions, execute and be successful
Creative Director (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 5, 2012
Fostered and established key relationships with VP Marketing officers, Marketing Managers of bank facilities - relationship building, responsive to client objectives, project management, creative and practical with response.

Strategies and designed creative concepts and executions of campaigns, motivated other art directors, accountable for outside vendors, designed kiosks and collaborated with vendors on production and installation.
Pros
interpersonal skills developed, advisor, team-builder, tactful and cultural awareness with foreign customers
Cons
creative skills were limited, material was very narrow band of work
All the attorneys at the firm are great people
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  san francisco, caSeptember 19, 2015
The firm is medium sized and it's obvious the management has stressed that in selecting people to work at the firm that one of their priorities are people they would enjoy working with. This is unusual for any company.

The infrastructure needs some work as far as providing support for new hires in the support group.

Communications are an area of opportunity as far as feedback on job performance. The level of communication is wholly dependent on the attorney you work for, there isn't a process in place to ensure the feedback occurs otherwise.
Exciting work enviornment
Foreclosure Processor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 8, 2012
Motivated, personable business professional offering versatile office management skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs. Strong problem solver, who readily adapts to change, works independently and exceeds expectations. Able to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines without compromising quality while experienced in:

- Records & Database - Office organization
- Spreadsheets/Reports
- Electronic Filing
- General Office Skills - Data Entry
Pros
free lunches hen we had a break
Cons
it was rare to get a break.
Overall
Office Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 27, 2014
The company itself is great! it's the people that make the companies moral go down. So people are rude, others are great t be around and work with. I feel as though everyday a new duty is being placed on me and I dont think that is fair at all.
Pros
free lunch ( sometimes), great location, metro accessible, great benefits
Cons
rude co-workers, pay is not great
Good place to work with minimal supervision.
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYAugust 16, 2013
A wonderful place for social interaction. Being a new business, the traffic was slower than expected. making sales very difficult. I really enjoyed my co-workers and the interaction with customers. There were a number of changes in management while I was there, but I found them to be supportive and available.
Pros
casual business dress
Cons
too many sales people in relation to customers
Great place to work with people who care
Senior Processor - Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 25, 2015
Flexible work schedules, advancement and development in position and promotes within. I started as Team Leader for the Hearings team, was promoted and supervised attorneys and non-attorneys in Service Release and scheduling hearings through the Florida court e-filing system. I worked well with various teams and understood and carried out the mission of the firm
Great firm to work for and plenty of perks
Disburser, Post Closer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 3, 2014
Advancement to other positions was definitely a possibility as I started out as a Post Closer and went to Disbursing of files.
Pros
end of month lunches and after work get dinners were a perk. great benefits.
Cons
some individuals dragged their personal problems to work, their lack of productivity affected the team.
Fun and fast pace
Closing Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GASeptember 6, 2015
I worked with a wonderful group of people. Watching someone go home with the new keys to a home had to be the best part. The days were long but the smiles on the new homeowners were worth it.
Pros
I was able to learn every aspect of the job and had great teachers
Cons
Extreamly long day

Want to know more about Morris?

Ask a question
A very nice place to work
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHJanuary 12, 2016
The CEO did make me feel like I was part of a family and I made a lot of very good friends in the 16 years that i was there.
My only complaint is the director of operation and the new manager
put in to place recently targeted me and foreced me out.
Large downtown Wilmington firm
LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 28, 2014
• Provided support for two attorneys in the areas of corporate and civil litigation and Chapter 11 Bankruptcy law
• Collected, analyzed and prepared data for reports and correspondence, and arranged depositions
Pros
this job taught me a lot about law
Cons
n/a
Great learning opportunity
Foreclosure Processor (Current Employee) –  Rosedale, MDJuly 10, 2013
I learned the process of Florida Foreclosures. Each day I draft Motion for Summary Judgments, Final Judgments and update the Client. I can assist with drafting Complaints or Affidavits of Indebtedness. The work environment is clean. The people are helpful and easy to work with.
nice place to work
Welder (Current Employee) –  citronelle, alDecember 17, 2012
it is a easy job if you are train well for the job. i learn different ways to weld in many positions. the hardest part is staying woke through the night.
Pros
free lunch and motel rooms
Cons
short breaks
Job Wasn't for me
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Lake Hopatcong, NJMay 22, 2015
I was promised a certain amount of hours that I never received. I was also promised proper training that never happened. Although, the doctor was amazing and was very knowledgeable.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
promises that were never met
no comment
Foreclosure Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  laurel, marylandJuly 19, 2015
the job was a bit far for most of the staff but the company had no sympathy for lateness due to traffic on the main high way no matter how many people affected at one time.
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2015
I throghoughly enjoyed my time at Morris Duffy. Cannot thank the partners enough for how I was treated. They actually care about their employees. Strange in this profession.
Customer/ Client Service Oriented
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 6, 2014
This law office was a nice place to work. However, the number of closings continued to decline due to the fluctuations in the real estate market which lead to a stressful environment.
Real Estate division was just starting up
Real Estate Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 25, 2013
Great boss in the Newark office, not very busy because the business was just starting. Was given great training and support from corporate.
Pros
attorney was great to work for
Cons
very slow because the business just wasn't there.
Office Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 6, 2015
My day was very busy, had a lot of work to do. My workload varied. There was always something new everyday. There was lack of communication, but t was a good place to work.
Pros
Good Co-workers, always busy.
Cons
Lack of Communication