Morris Employee Reviews in United States

Very great group of hardworking men and woman
Runner/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 27, 2016
Everyone is extremely hardworking and very positive throughout the entire office. Everything done is appreciated and considered with great value to our team.
Pros
work with school schedule
awesome team to work with.
Cleaning Crew Supervisor (Former Employee) –  yandi Sustaining ProjectJune 22, 2016
good and bad days at work, weather wise.
strong on health and safety
Time management to get rooms done and dirty linen sorted.
Succeed through teamwork
drinking enough water during the day to keep up your hydration.
I like to keep busy right to the end of the day
shower and relax after work before going to join work mates for dinner.
Pros
breakfast, crib lunch and tea provided
Cons
walking tracks, fitness groups, sports teams and games.
Good Experience
Payroll Clerk/Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, CAJanuary 14, 2016
My first time working in an accounting firm and I believe I learned a lot. It gave me experience that I need to move on in my career. I am very thankful for the experience and would work there again if needed.
A very nice place to work
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHJanuary 12, 2016
The CEO did make me feel like I was part of a family and I made a lot of very good friends in the 16 years that i was there.
My only complaint is the director of operation and the new manager
put in to place recently targeted me and foreced me out.
Terrible
Barista (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MANovember 18, 2015
i love outtakes gift shop don't get me wrong its just the management that really didn't have it going on... Management was terrible.
Pros
people
Cons
management
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2015
I throghoughly enjoyed my time at Morris Duffy. Cannot thank the partners enough for how I was treated. They actually care about their employees. Strange in this profession.
All the attorneys at the firm are great people
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  san francisco, caSeptember 19, 2015
The firm is medium sized and it's obvious the management has stressed that in selecting people to work at the firm that one of their priorities are people they would enjoy working with. This is unusual for any company.

The infrastructure needs some work as far as providing support for new hires in the support group.

Communications are an area of opportunity as far as feedback on job performance. The level of communication is wholly dependent on the attorney you work for, there isn't a process in place to ensure the feedback occurs otherwise.
Fun and fast pace
Closing Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GASeptember 6, 2015
I worked with a wonderful group of people. Watching someone go home with the new keys to a home had to be the best part. The days were long but the smiles on the new homeowners were worth it.
Pros
I was able to learn every aspect of the job and had great teachers
Cons
Extreamly long day
no comment
Foreclosure Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  laurel, marylandJuly 19, 2015
the job was a bit far for most of the staff but the company had no sympathy for lateness due to traffic on the main high way no matter how many people affected at one time.
Office Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 6, 2015
My day was very busy, had a lot of work to do. My workload varied. There was always something new everyday. There was lack of communication, but t was a good place to work.
Pros
Good Co-workers, always busy.
Cons
Lack of Communication
Great place to work with people who care
Senior Processor - Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 25, 2015
Flexible work schedules, advancement and development in position and promotes within. I started as Team Leader for the Hearings team, was promoted and supervised attorneys and non-attorneys in Service Release and scheduling hearings through the Florida court e-filing system. I worked well with various teams and understood and carried out the mission of the firm
Job Wasn't for me
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Lake Hopatcong, NJMay 22, 2015
I was promised a certain amount of hours that I never received. I was also promised proper training that never happened. Although, the doctor was amazing and was very knowledgeable.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
promises that were never met
Interesting office with lovely co-workers
Communications Coordinator/Client Services (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAMarch 18, 2015
A typical day at work began with printing and distributing schedules to all office personnel detailing the daily availability of all regional attorneys within our network. Daily duties included answering three lines for Divorce Lawyers For Men, screening potential clients, basic intake, and transfer to the appropriate attorney; taking payments; scanning documents; setting up new clients; closing out finalized cases; tracking all incoming call data via excel spreadsheet.
I learned valuable law office admin skills and software, as well as several legal terms and resources for those people who cannot afford representation.
My supervisor was a kind individual but very shy and introverted.
My co-workers were wonderful people and I cannot praise them highly enough; particularly the receptionist, paralegals and bookkeeper.
The hardest part of my job was hearing some of the sad and abusive stories from our potential clients.
The most enjoyable part of my job was nearly all of it, but setting up and closing out clients and working alongside other attorneys was very enjoyable.
Pros
beautiful office, interesting daily work, fun and relaxed atmosphere, supplemented hsa account
Cons
lack of communication between higher-ups and lower management, limited coverage high-deductible health insurance, no reviews, raises or opportunity for growth.
Overall
Office Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 27, 2014
The company itself is great! it's the people that make the companies moral go down. So people are rude, others are great t be around and work with. I feel as though everyday a new duty is being placed on me and I dont think that is fair at all.
Pros
free lunch ( sometimes), great location, metro accessible, great benefits
Cons
rude co-workers, pay is not great
Great office
Foreclosure Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 5, 2014
I followed up with files on foreclosure, called clients in reference to sales of foreclosures, also spoke with tenants whose homes were being foreclosed on and had no idea
Customer/ Client Service Oriented
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 6, 2014
This law office was a nice place to work. However, the number of closings continued to decline due to the fluctuations in the real estate market which lead to a stressful environment.
Great firm to work for and plenty of perks
Disburser, Post Closer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 3, 2014
Advancement to other positions was definitely a possibility as I started out as a Post Closer and went to Disbursing of files.
Pros
end of month lunches and after work get dinners were a perk. great benefits.
Cons
some individuals dragged their personal problems to work, their lack of productivity affected the team.
Deadline & Detail Oriented Paralegal
Legal Assistant / Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 2, 2014
Typical work environment in any department consisted of financial negotiations and accountability. timely legal filings and document review. All positions have required varying levels of administrative duties.
Large downtown Wilmington firm
LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 28, 2014
• Provided support for two attorneys in the areas of corporate and civil litigation and Chapter 11 Bankruptcy law
• Collected, analyzed and prepared data for reports and correspondence, and arranged depositions
Pros
this job taught me a lot about law
Cons
n/a
Fun
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 8, 2014
Great work environment and the people were wonderful to work with.