Morrison & Foerster LLP

Morrison & Foerster LLP Employee Reviews

High end law firm with very important clients
Conference Center Specialist (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Happy Hour Events within the firm.
Cons: High turn over rate
A typical day at work consists of greeting esteemed clients and making their experience a pleasant and productive one. I successfully meet the clients and attorney's requests for all they need regarding copying, scanning, printing, rearranging the room layout, catering, and so forth.

I enjoy working with other departments, especially the IT department, because technology is very particular and I get to learn a lot on a daily basis.
Take away from Staff
Project Portfolio Committee Facilitator (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Cons: low incentives
Every penny to develop staff is taken away in order to give more to Revenue generators. Long term staff bonuses, incentives and retirement benefits have been eliminated in the last 5 years. There is zero to a 1% growth opportunity.
Great place and company to work for.
Desktop Analyst (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Morrison & Foerster is a great place to work for, they are very accommodating to their employees.
good place for working mothers
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: was able to have a flexible work schedule
Cons: low moral
busy mornings, I've learned to multi-task between answering phones, greeting clients, and billing. Micro-management. Co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part of my job was making sure there was meeting room space for all internal and external client meetings. The most enjoyable part of my job was being the go to person making sure everything ran smoothly and adequetly.
Legal Secretary at Morrison & Foerster LLP
Legal Secretary (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 22, 2014
Pros: relaxed and fun envirnment, great benefits and training
Cons: long hours, stressful projects
Morrison & Foerster is one of the largest and well-respected corporate legal firm in the world. I very much enjoyed being part of an amazing group of intelligent women and men at all levels. A typical day would consist of a lot of work. We are a very client-oriented firm and although there was always much laughing in the hallways, work was the priority.

In rhw 26 years that I worked that, I learned everything I now know aobut being a legal secretary, a trusted assistant, loyalty, humility and friendship.

The hardest part was the amount of work. Understanding different points of view on the same project. Keeping calm and following through. Dealing with all of the local rules for all of the different courts and making sure that all work was done following standards of the firm and the court system.

We did have monthly parties for staff and attorneys, snacks and alcohol at 5:30.

We had weekly events for a month regarding diversity, gay pride month, black, history month, etc, with guest speakers..
Productive and the workplace was perfect
Corporate Litigation Legal Secretary (Former Employee), 1290 Avenue of the America, New York, NYMay 12, 2014
It was very busy and challenging and that was great for me. Also, the Pro Bono counsel was a wonderful person to work for. She loves my ideas and it helped out to make the work easier.
Great Firm and People
LITIGATION PARALEGAL (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAJanuary 12, 2014
- Assist in all phases of civil litigation
- Cool environment in Silicon Valley, great people
Great culture
Director, Business Development (Current Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 18, 2013
Pros: collaborative environment
Cons: thank you is not a common phrase
MoFo is a great place to work for a marketer. The marketing team is first rate and the firm promotes a culture of collaboration regarding business development.
Fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Firm Wide Patent Training Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 20, 2013
A typical day at work requires analyzing and assessing needs to develop relevant and specific solutions for varying levels of professionals from partners of the firm, legal support staff, and outside clients. It is always challenging, but also extremely rewarding when projects come to fruition.
Wonderful.
Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 24, 2013
A great firm and a wonderful place to work. A great firm and a wonderful place to work. A great firm and a wonderful place to work. A great firm and a wonderful place to work.
Typical Large Law Firm Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 18, 2012
Cons: subject to severe benefit cuts and workload excess
Essence of job drastically changed due to outsourcing and administrative cutbacks. Job satisfaction depenend on practice group
Productive, fast paced, deadline oriented.
BILLING PROCESS ANALYST & TRAINER (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 21, 2012
Pros: yearly bonus and raise on salary
Cons: often work through lunch at my desk
I enjoyed working at Morrison & Foerster as management are extremely nice, but mostly because of their foresight to see a persons abilities and strengths, and help them move in the direction that will work best for both them and the company. I enjoyed creating training documents and problem solving, aswell as learing Elite and other systems. The hardest part of the job would be the heavy work load and deadlines, but I prefer a heavy work load and to be kept constantly busy.
Great, stable Firm
Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 4, 2012
MoFo provided a wonderful learning experience. This is where I started my legal career and they provided everything that was needed to succeed. They took good care of their employees.
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 8, 2011
Morrison & Foerster is a great place to work. The pay and the benefits are good

About Morrison & Foerster LLP

With more than 1,000 lawyers in key finance and technology centers internationally, Morrison & Foerster offers clients comprehensive, – Read more

Morrison & Foerster LLP Salaries