MORRISON & FOERSTER Employee Reviews in United States

Dysfunctional, Toxic work place
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 1, 2015
Dysfunctional, demoralizing work place for a variety of reasons. Narcissistic personality disorder & BPD widespread. Very high turnover at all levels. This firm is not at all like their marketing materials. Avoid working here, even as a last resort.
Hardworking office setting with high maintenance employee needs
Office Services Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 21, 2015
Working at MoFo was enjoyable in the sense that everyone kept their heads down and did their jobs. My manager was very hands-off and allowed me to make decisions on my own as long as they benefited the office.

Every day was structured and scheduled. Knowing what I was going to do and when, was a reason why the job was enjoyable. The more prepared I was with my schedule, the more likely I was able to react to any new issues and/or situations that would be out of the ordinary. I learned most of my time management and schedule setting here at MoFo.

My co-workers were hard-workers who kept their heads down and did their jobs. Because of this office culture, they paid little attention to the intricacies of office management that I relished. I enjoyed how my manager allowed me to make the position my own and make necessary decisions to keep the office flowing in a productive manner. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with the maintenance of the office. Keeping on my toes and being several steps ahead of the curve, I was able to keep the office morale up by making sure the employees had little to worry about as far as the office upkeep was concerned.
Pros
set schedule and hands-free manager
Cons
high maintenance employees
Intense environment with diligent professionals
Paralegal Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2014
A typical day at Morrison & Foerster, LLP, (Mofo) involves a lot of assignments done under the supervision of some of the brightest and most educated people you will find. I really refined my proofreading abilities and I learned how to write business messages. Management was really encouraged me to take initiative, and helped me early on to establish good working relationships with senior personnel. My co-workers, especially senior personnel, were genuinely willing to show me the ropes and suggest solutions to problems I presented to them. The hardest part of the job was lack of office supplies, the most enjoyable part was the work and my colleagues.
A great place to work.
Legal Records Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2014
I would set myself up for what I was going to do that day, everyday.
I learned the File Surf Records Management System.
Management was really good to me.
Co-workers were good also.
The hardest part of the job was leaving.
The most enjoyable part of the job was you worked as a team and as a individual.
Pros
they feed you almost everyday.
Cons
i was a contract worker whose time ran out.
Productive and very busy
Patent Docket Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, caJuly 10, 2013
A typical day consist of checking emails, sending reports, docketing US mail, updating dates and data, filing documents and PCT's
Pros
good pay
Cons
too busy to take brakes and typical long days
Okay place to work
Accounting Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 19, 2013
Good group of people to work with. enjoyed the entire experience