Morrison Healthcare Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
cook 2 (Former Employee), Palm Springs, CAJuly 14, 2015
My last workplace, a large kitchen in a hospital , is always hectic. Everyday a staff of about ten cooks, plus a dozen servers, is always running around busily to prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner. Added to that are outside events to be catered and requested specials from patients. I am the dinner cook for 250-300 patients. Once I start, I know exactly what to do, and I'm so focused on what I'm doing that I'm not aware of how fast the day goes by.. My boss stated that I'm one of the few employee he trusts to do a job well, so he doesn't have to micromanage my job performance. I'm especially proud of his confidence in me and that kept me from getting too complacent in my position - we have discussed possibilities of my promotion. I'm also grateful to be involved in many catering jobs - which are great learning experiences. The company also sponsored me to get a ServSafe certification and gave me lots of opportunities. The best thing is that I'm doing what I like and I'm actually good at it.
Excellent Company to work for
Morrison Community Living (Current Employee), NC, SC, Tennessee, FloridaJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Training for any position oppurtunity for great education
Morrison is an excellent company to work for. I am looking for a permanent position in the Florida area which is not available for me at this time. I have worked for Morrison for almost 15 years of service with them training me from a catering associate to a director position. Traveling is great with learning new ways that different states eat. This has helped me develop a new look on food items to introduce at different areas in the US.
Great quality of life and place to work
Retail Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 6, 2015
Great quality of life and place to work. The company offers extensive education to employees and many opportunities for advancement.
Due to me wanting to be a nurse i love to work in healthcare an helping others
Food and Nutrition (Current Employee), Thomasville, NCJune 16, 2015
Pros: being in healthcare, benefits, working with people, more career oppertunites, nutritional health
Cons: no holiday pay, starting salary
I love working in the healthcare environment that includes helping others. At Morrison we value out patients an customers to ensure that they have great an nutritious food. Working for Morrison has showed me a lot an taught me a lot of nutritional an fun facts that is related to food an the importance of health in everyday meals. Sometimes it can be a challenge like any job when some days are more steady than others, but the most important thing is serving wonderful customer service.
Good Place to Practice, but no career
Retail Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 13, 2015
it was a good place to do some great cooking and really flex some creativity, but management did not have much interest in advancing anyone. there was a big line between managers and staff and they often drove people away with broken promises. but still a great place to work on your skills and try some healthy new approaches to cooking.
Great place to work If you want a good culture
Financial Analyst (Intern) (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 10, 2015
Pros: Feed you quite often
-Great management
-Spacious Offices
-Best culture around
-Friendly coworkers
-Enjoyable interaction with management
-Office jobs tend to be long days
-Schedule is very flexible depending on management
-Do great work and the company rewards you quite often
Depends on your account and location
Retail Manager (Current Employee), Paramus, NJMay 20, 2015
Pros: Pay, Benefits, Training
Cons: some accounts are tougher than others
Compass Group offers a wide variety of tools for managers to learn and become better. They are a great company to become a part of but your overall satisfaction will come through in your account. You have to find the right account with motivated people and lots of support from your client. Bad accounts can slow you down and it takes time to find out where you fit.
will never refer
Dietary Aid (Current Employee), Riverdale, GAApril 28, 2015
management is not adequate, benefits are terrible, workers receive no respect, wellness hours are supposed to be used for sick time but rarely given
Diverse and Productive Kitchen in a Healthcare Environment
Catering Associate (Current Employee), St.Louis,Mo.April 2, 2015
Pros: Down time, Free fountain drinks
Cons: Management, Job security
Serving Patients on a daily basis for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.I make sure all Patients and nurses needs are meet in a timely manner. Hardest part about my job is, trying to stick a set routine while being interrupted by phone calls from nurses and patients. I have learned how to have a lot of patience, especially for 12 hours. I really enjoy having a bond with my patients and nurses on a professional level. Management could be a lot better.
Great company to work for
St. Francis Hospital/ Executive Sous Chef (Current Employee), Hartford, Ct.January 17, 2015
Pros: ..
Cons: ..
Great company to work for, good work/life balance. . .

....

Loved working here. Extremely "people" oriented.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaNovember 18, 2014
Each day was different. Often had deadlines but loved the challenge. Arrived very early and reviewed email for the first hour and then set about the work as prioritized.

Had a very fun, professional and supportive team of professional administrative assistants. We all helped one another and had extremely good relationships.

The hardest part of the job was managing stress and the most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with a lot of people and facing many challenges.
Productive work place and everything you need to have a good night out.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Batesville, MSNovember 4, 2014
Pros: free food for employees
Cons: no diversity in the menu
Very intense with culture three floors of party style fun and by working there I met a lot of people.
Great team building and advancement opportunities.
Assistant Operations Director (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 3, 2014
If you a chance to work for this company, do it! You will grow professional and will help you advance your career.
Morrison Healthcare
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLJune 9, 2014
Pros: salary and patient satisfaction
Cons: concerted team effort
good company to progress in
most enjoyable part is benefits and customer satisfaction
hardest part is team effort
Awesome place to work
Assistant Director/Training Specialist (Current Employee), Southeast RegionMay 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Room for advancement, great atmosphere, teamwork expected. Usually worked Monday through Friday, some weekends depending on events and scheduling. Management promoted from within. Enjoyed working, training staff and visiting with patients and family members.
Productive day at work
PATIENT SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not place to grow.
Start early everyday, I have to get all the nutritional values, recipes for the menu of the day and then do the ordering and inventory. Work for this company I got the opportunity to learn more about P&L, budget, Food cost and follow P&P. The managment team were good experienced people that I learned so much. Like in every work place challenge is part of everyday typical day at work but get succees is the most enyoyable part of my job.
Retail / Catering Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 10, 2013
Pros: free lunch program
Cons: long hours
I had a 10hr work shift I learned financial skills and customer service my management team was well rounded my co workers were excellent they provided great customer service the hardest part about the job was the extra long hours but that didn't really bother either cause I love what I do
great benefits
Executive Chef (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAOctober 10, 2013
A lot of policies and procedures to learn. Also lots of educational classes to help you grow.
Overall, a great experience!
Administrator (Current Employee), Logan, OHJuly 14, 2013
Pros: ability to make decisions that can impact and contribute to best interests of the organization.
Cons: no benefits
A typical day at work is rewarding.

I have learned the essence of enjoying the work and responsibilities on a daily basis.

I am senior level management. I am responsible for the daily operations of the organization. I have retained the original department leaders from the time of opening in 2004.

My co-workers are dedicated and compassionate.

The hardest part of the job is truly losing a resident in which has become part of the family at the facility.

The most enjoyable part of the job is without a doubt the resident's who reside in the assisted living facility.
Avancement Opportunity with training
Retail Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Davenport, FLDecember 16, 2012
Pros: stability
Cons: long hours
I enjoyed working for Morrison Healthcare.Co workes were great, open door policy and upper management seemed to really care.