Morrison Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

don't go there
Asst. Foodservice Director (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXJune 15, 2016
worst job I ever had. No upper management support what so ever. worst management I've ever had the misfortune of working with. Hardest part was actually forcing myself to go in each morning.
Pros
Cons
don't bother
A good place to meet new people everday
Food Service Worker/ Barista (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 6, 2016
I loved the work place environment because it was inside one of Charlotte's biggest hospitals called CMC and it allowed me to get more of a better understanding of a hospital everyday routine.
Pros
talking to patients and co workers relations towards each other
Cons
The management team were very unbalanced because of lack of communication
People call out at least once a week.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Wrentham, MA 02093May 24, 2016
No sense of community, gets really hot, hours give you no time for life no one likes their job there. A typical day at work is the line starting late which means your deliveries are late. All I learned was to have patience, and to make quick decisions for fastest routes. The managers are either way too lenient or way too strict no good balance. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the hot, no regulated temperature and the dish room just made it worse with all the steam. The most enjoyable part of the job was going home.
Pros
free food from the line
Cons
not big on teamwork
No Chance to advance
Chef (Former Employee) –  Newport, ArApril 29, 2016
Great team to work with. I enjoyed the enviroment. Manage turned a blind eye to what was really going on in the kitchen. The hardest part of working there was complying with standards that I did not agree with.
Wonderful workplace
CASHIER/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 12, 2016
Excellent workplace for young adults I learned very well customer service skills and how to communicate with others and work with a team
Great Place to Work
System Patient Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOApril 8, 2016
It is a great place to be. I have learned a great deal. Every day presents opportunities to grow and develop. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping patients
Challenging and rewarding
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 11, 2016
Oversees systems and processes to ensure that the strategic and operational objectives of the facility's patient services program are accomplished.
Great and Fun company
Food service worker (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 24, 2016
From day 1 people were friendly amd helpful. A lot of great opportunities and training for development. Strong leadership and work to life balance. They have good recognition programa and even pay wellness bonus at the end of the year if you had good attendance. My managers were kind and understanding. They were organized and created a team work atmosphere.
Pros
wellness pay and lots of growth opportunities
growing company
Patient Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 8, 2016
Therre is a lot of great people working there.
Always changing and interesting
Co-workers are great
Management has changed, not for the better
Interacting with patients and customers is the most enjoyable part of the job
The most difficult part of the job is being short staffed so often
Pros
Vacation time and flexibility
Cons
client expectations
Poorly Managed Company
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 10, 2015
Morrison Healthcare is a Management Company. Contracted to manage Food and Nutrition Departments for many Hospitals. My job was to do Daily Inventory and Purchasing of Food and Beverage for a large Medical Center. Managed several employees that received and put away the Food and other Supplies that were delivered. After I was hired, I was sent out of State for Training and got to meet the CEO. Menus and Recipes constantly changed. Poor Food Reviews by Patients. Food was not prepared in a timely fashion. Director was Fired and others quit. Management was Unprofessional. I do not recommend Morrison Healthcare to anyone.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Long Days, Management
Good experience, not a career type company however.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 30, 2015
This job is great to gain lots of experience in management, clinical services, marketing, and client relationships. However, life work balance is terrible and you work long, stressful hours. Starting salary is competitive but raises and bonuses are minimal to non existent.
Pros
free lunch, network of support, excellent resources
Cons
long hours, stressful, do not feel valued.
Morrison was a rewarding experience
Food and Nutrition Cook (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNNovember 2, 2015
I enjoyed the comradery between the coworkers and the customer service we provided for the patience and their families.
Pros
Interaction with customers and the ability to be creative
Cons
Low monetary comphensation for the work load
large company with small salaries
Barista (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 29, 2015
The company is typical for america. A large company where the top 2% of employees make money, but I met 10+ employees who had been with the company for over 10 years and still didn't make a living wage.
Pros
easy job
Cons
no place to go. like ice skating uphill.
Somewhat fun
Catering Associate (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 19, 2015
The best part about working for Morrison is the ability to see a smile on the patients face. Management is supportive and helpful when you need it.
Pros
My manager works well with scheduling needs. You're recognized when you do great things.
Cons
We don't get holiday pay. The only overtime you can get is around the holidays.
Great Company with good benefits
EXECUTIVE CHEF, REGIONAL RETAIL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  AlabamaOctober 12, 2015
Overall Good Company with Good People. Great Benefits, Good Pay, 5 weeks paid vacation for new managers. Good Training programs
Adaptablity
PATIENT SERVICES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 5, 2015
My work day usually begins with saying "Good Morning" my fellow co-workers. My first stop is my supervisor's office to check on how the morning is progressing. After the morning check-in with the supervisor, I proceed to my office and check e-mail. I also make rounds to different units to ensure quality. The supervisors and myself have two daily meetings (Morning & Afternoon) with staff to address issues, give information, and provide accolades. For the most part, I really enjoy my co-workers. They are "different", but in a good way: everyone has something to learn and/or teach. One of the hardest parts of my job is staffing: it takes an adaptable and compassionate person to work with patients. Another hard part is when there is nothing you can do to cheer the patients up. I love to visit with the patients and hear them talk even if it's not good concerning our department. The thing is they know we care enough to address and solve the problem. It is challenging, but hey who doesn't love a challenge.
Flexible scheduling for PRN
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 5, 2015
Good position for clinical experience; fast-paced with high acuity patients at certain facilities. Competitive pay, clinical nutrition manager easy to talk with and accessible.
Pros
Flexibility, free meals
Cons
Not enough dietitians staffed for patient load
A very demanding and fulfilling place to work.
Lead Patient Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYSeptember 17, 2015
I have learned that it is imperative to be able to communicate properly to all levels. It is very important to be able to multi-task and complete task in a timely matter
Great Company
Excutive Chef (Current Employee) –  Davenport FLSeptember 11, 2015
Love working for this company. They treat their employees well and with good compensation. Upper management treats their management with respect.
This location is a by the book account.
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VASeptember 10, 2015
As with every company,there are good days and bad days, but the good days are truly great. The workers pitch in and help when ever need and that really make a supervisor feel that they have a great influence. Over the paste few years i have been able to learn more about the company than i possibly would have in a normal "cook" position, and I hope to be able to grow within the company.