Morrison Healthcare Employee Reviews

Really good company
Associate Director Nutritional Services (Current Employee) –  LaGrange Ky.May 23, 2017
Really good company to work for. If you put in the work, it will be recognized and rewarded. In the past 7 years I have been promoted from purchasing supervisor to retail supervisor to retail manager. After two years in that position I was promoted yet again to associate director at Baptist Health in LaGrange, Ky.
See alot of sports venues
Breakfast Chef (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 21, 2017
I've catered alot of special events over the pass 2 years. Super Bowl, Classic Car Show, Concert, meeting chef's from all over California. The people and organizers are great.
Pros
Special event
Cons
Alot of travel
Not a good working enviornment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 19, 2017
Just not a good working place overall , job doesnt have good communication skills , they don't give raises yearly like most jobs , just overall a terrible place to work
Productive coworkers/management were few and far between
Server (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COMay 14, 2017
If everyone showed up for work the day went by alright. I did learn to appreciate those that do put in effort and actually care about the job and fellow coworkers. Management was lacking, however Morrison was in a tight spot at the location (Villas At Sunny Acres).

The hardest part of the job was having to basically run everywhere in order to get things done in a reasonable time. Although it was in a nursing home so running was not recommended so i learned to walk very fast. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the fellow employees who gave a darn about the job and knowing i could rely on them.
Terrible
Dietitian (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 7, 2017
Director runs department based on their own preference. No oversight from corporate that values are carried out on a unit level. Supported by HR in not following company policies. No work/life balance. Evaluation program is terrible. Find out what goals you will be held accountable for meeting 6 months or more into the evaluation year. Evaluation left subjectively up to manager, not measurable and goal based
Pros
many resources
Cons
no work/life balance, long hours, hr, unit level managers not held accountable to follow company standards
Management Great to work with
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 5, 2017
In a nut shell i like and respect management who can communicate and lead
Chef is ok, assistant manager ok, supervisors lack. hard to get help Dietitians do not set any examples like washing hands and putting on hair nets when walking through the kitchen
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
Close than open
Good for first career
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 26, 2017
As an entry level clinical dietitian, Morrison offers great work-life balance. Hours are reasonable. Great opportunities for continuing education and keeping current with latest research and recommendations. Not much opportunity for pay raise or promotion, unless you apply for positions at other sites.
Horrible Company to work for!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 25, 2017
The management team at my location was so horrible and unorganized. The team are unequipped and lazy handled their job duties and employees. I will never work for this company.
Leaders in Healthcare Food Service Industry
Food Services Office Manager - Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Tampa General Hospital Tampa FlApril 19, 2017
Morrison is one of the best places to work. I am enjoying my time and professionalism of all the people that I am working with: Sous Chef, Chefs, Managers, Corporate Specialists. Is a great team. The internal support to make good things happened is fantastic. All employees are sure they have a place to start an endless career. We keep a close attention to provide the right food for patients and their families.
Pros
Great benefits, courses and training, strong business culture
its very stressful and they dont give you promotions.
Cashier/Food Service (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 10, 2017
my typical day at is a ok day.
what I learn about my job is that never rely on a company that don't have your best interest at heart.
the managers don't act like managers.
Good
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, NCMarch 29, 2017
Good place to work. I truly enjoyed working there and I hated to leave. Good employer with exceptional work environment. I enjoyed my coworkers and the team.
Easy work and good management
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Petoskey, MIMarch 21, 2017
Every day seems to be different. If you are good at what you do, then you will get placed in multiple jobs and have good hours normally. The work is not hard, but there were some people who were hard to work around. If you bring a good attitude, it will be a good environment.
growth within company
Senior Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60624March 15, 2017
I'm considering leaving because it seems to have gotten off track with some of the units it manages. There is not enough coverage within the units to operate it effectively
Average
Registered Dietitian (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 7, 2017
Average clinical dietitian job. Not much support from corporate. Work life balance could be better and compensations is fair to poor. Opportunities for advancement are minimal.
Great entry level job
Clinical and Bariatric Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Experience highly variable on hospital
Overall great company.
Good benefit
Modest salary
Would not plan on working here the rest of my life as there is little
pay increase or options to become a specialized dietitian
Pros
Free lunch
Helped with bills
Server (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 11, 2017
The co-workers were great, however the work load was horrendous. It was hard to meet deadlines and often had to work off the clock. When hired was told I would have 20 patients max, actually had 31.
Pros
Great patients and co-workers
Cons
Horrendous workload
Easy, straight forward job
Front Line Cook/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 9, 2017
Very easy work if you have a culinary back ground. Not recommend for entry level job seekers. Open kitchen so everything is in plain view of the guest. Nice and friendly staff.
Pros
"Free" lunch, freedom
Cons
Open kitchen
My experience
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJanuary 6, 2017
The shifts started at 7 and I didn't learn much except for how a kitchen runs. The management wasn't so great but my co-workers really were what made it worth staying and working there
Pros
$6 credit was given to employees to use at hospital bistro
Cons
they took out like a few cents of out every hour we worked for the $6 credit (optional), management was nad
Clean and fun environment
Dining Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 3, 2017
It was fun working there because everyone got along and treated eachother with respect . We joked around but still got our job done .
steady past, all ways work to do. great people.
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 30, 2016
a typical day at work would all ways start of good with greeting from everyone. saying good morning, or good after noon does start the day with a smile. ill first wash hands, then look at my work flow for the day. some days things can be fast past or it can go very smoothly. when things do get tough management is always ready to lend a helping hand. the hardest part about the job is is keeping up. you have to learn how to multitask, or learn what would be more important and put less important things back a little.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morrison Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.