Morrison Management Specialists

Morrison Management Specialists Employee Reviews

Multi-tasking at its best!
Assistant Director of Dining Services (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 2, 2015
Pros: Free meals
This job consists of 5 jobs in one. It is very hard to be productive and accomplished when there are so many factors that prevent that. I always feel that I am spinning my tires.
GREAT COMPANY TO GROW WITH
FOOD SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee), PAApril 27, 2015
Morrison Management Specialists is a great company to work for, The company loves to cultivate talent from within,build on strengths and improve weaknesses that can make for a solid career.
Great place to intern
Finance Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2015
- Very nice management team
- Learned a lot while interning
- Coworkers are there to help
- Nothing really difficult in terms of job
- High visibility of work done
- Get to interact with senior management
Great place to gain experience and grow
Assistant Director of Dining Services (Current Employee), Monroe, MIFebruary 2, 2015
Morrison can help you get where you want to go and has the resources to teach you. Work life balance is hard to achieve however.
NO SUPPORT FROM RDO
FOOD & NUTRITION DIRECTOR/EXECUTIVE CHEF (Former Employee), MEMPHIS,TN.October 14, 2014
Pros: good opportunity
Cons: no job sercuity
I worked for Morrison Health care for over six years and had some good and bad experiences with this company. I was hired in has Executive Chef and moved up to Food & Nutrition Director in West Memphis,AR. The hospital eventually closed due to financial problems. I was told by my RDO at that time I would be placed at another hospital while I could post for another position when it became available. But when the hospital closed I was laid off instead. I felt betrayed and lied to by my RDO.When I needed his support he was never available. This was a Fee account and his only concerned was getting the hospital to pay its bill. Whenever I asked him for help with employee issues he only added to the problem with bad advise. My RDO never understand the issue of this account because he seldom came to the hospital; unless it was to pick-up a check for payment.

I felt alone and had on support in the last 8-10 months working at this hospital.
Productive Workplace
Food Service Associate (Current Employee), Chambersburg, PAOctober 9, 2014
A typical day at work can be very busy with some downtime to keep the place clean and orderly.
I've learned several things in the past 8 years I've been there;
I've operated a non-computerized register and a computerized register, expanded my cooking skills, and counting the register at the end of the day. Most importantly I've learned how to rotate stock and proper temperatures and storage of product.
Current management takes interest in employee's and customer input on changes and product offered.
All coworkers have their differences, however we work together as a team.
The hardest part of the job is temporarily running out of product until delivery day.
Most enjoyable part of the job making customers happy.
an ok place to work
Director of Plant Operations and Maintenance (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYOctober 7, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: contracts
some supervisors in the company do not know anything about other operations.
Fast paced and fun place to work
Retail & Catering Supervisor (Current Employee), Hartford, CTMay 11, 2014
I enjoy this job most of the time I am there but it can be very hectic and stressful.
Poor management
Chef (Former Employee), USAMarch 7, 2014
Pros: super benifits the best
Cons: horrible upper managementt
I worked as a sous Chef the management i worked with was terrible some people were treated poorly and with no respect if you were friends with the director you were good but if you were your own persons they treated you like an animal . you were expected to work 12 to 14 hours a day and were told that you were not hired to a 8 hour a day job they wanted you to have no life like them and be miserable i guess misery loves company. And as a manager you were told to treat hourly employees like dogs i felt bad that i had to do this , The only thing that is good about the company the benefits were very good the pay was okay but if you figured the hours you put in you were just above minimum wage it Wasn't worth it plus the management were very nervous and could not handle pressure and they took it out on you I'm glad i do not work for them anymore i feel better mentally .
So think twice about taking a job from these people if you Don't mind being treated like a slave then take the job but you won't be your own person anymore...
An educational experience.
Supervisor of Subway at Floyd Medical Center (Former Employee), Rome GANovember 5, 2013
While in charge over their subway franchise I worked with a small group of great people. I had the chance to get to know many of our customers since we served the same group of people every day. I learned a lot about customer service. I would say the most challenging part of the job was that I had to report to three company supervisors, Morrison Management Floyd Medical Center and Subway corporate each some times having differing ideals on how the store was to be ran. It was challenging to meet the needs of all three at times but very beneficial to my experience. I was in charge of employee training evaluation and counseling. I also tracked all inventory sales and labor costs.
I learned a lot about management.
Executive Chef R&D (Former Employee), AtlantaOctober 24, 2013
Pros: paid travels.
Cons: to much computer work.
Very hard to advance in a male dominated environment. I enjoyed being in the kitchen.
Challenging environment
Executive Chef/Acting Director Food & Nutrition (Current Employee), Smyrna, TNSeptember 9, 2013
Early in with constant responsibility of a multi cultural workforce. Always something going on, with many responsibilities to juggle simultaneously. Challenging at times, but well balanced with rewarding opportunities to help others grow and better themselves.
A Senior Living Communittee Management Company
Director of Dining Services (Current Employee), Wauwatosa, WIAugust 31, 2013
Morrison specializes in providing food services for senior living communities across the nation. I have worked for Morrison since April 2012 and each account I have been in have been an adjustment. As a company, they provide you with the tools to be successful. I enjoyed each experience with my fellow management team and my hourly staff making sure to be the expert that Morrison asks their management to be.
Love the residents
Executive Chef (Current Employee), IowaAugust 20, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: you are looked down on
Morrison has no idea how to communicate with their employees. You won't see the RDO until they want to yell at you.
Not a good environment for growth. I dread when upper Morrison show up.....they get rid of the management that cared and did their jobs well.
Enjoyable and great place to work and grow
Lead/Telephone Operator (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 18, 2013
I enjoy working at Morrison (Children Hospital Pittsburgh, Pa)
I learn that my day at work can go from 0 to 100 and a blank of an eye, I love to stay busy you really never know what you're walking into. I start my day off. Upon arrival checking with the Management team for any call-offs or product shortage and if it may relate to the current day routine. In extreme cases the Lead will be except to maintain any station necessary proper customer needs. Assist Manager in Daily Line up meeting. Main responsibility of the lead is to assist the Management in any constructive and positive manner. The main goal and hardest part is assuring the proper maintenance of the entire Cafe, Lobby Kiosk, and Basement Kitchen if necessary. Keeping the department cleanliness and sanitation levels to complying accordance with Health Department and Steritech. I enjoy really my coworkers and the support they bring each and every day. I enjoy making the patient and parents stay as comfortable and less stress as possible. Great place for growth. The workers here are like family.
Good Company to work for
Executive Chef, Honey Hill Care Center (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTJune 16, 2013
Pros: 40 hour work weeks
Cons: union staff
Staff meetings. orders, inventory and sanitation
How to deal with Union Employees
Good management,always teaching
Good decent workers
Managing staff
Relationship with Co-workers
Great sound ideas that pave the way for a great vision of the future.
Executive Chef (Former Employee), Mobile, ALMay 18, 2013
Great sound ideas that pave the way for a great vision of the future.
Great company to work for!!
Director of Food & Nutritional Services (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NMMay 15, 2013
Pros: great support, nothing hidden, everything is spelled out to you from the start!
Cons: job positions in alot of management positions require transfer.
Excelent training, high level of diversity!! Never had an issue getting anything that I needed to perform my duties, Always had support. Was given freedom to grow the business!
No Support
Service Manager (Current Employee), Rhode IslandMarch 16, 2013
Morrison offers no support to accounts that need it. Our RDO only visits once a month when our client has asked over and over again to see him more. Because he is never here our Director is free to do what he wants. He waters down what we are giving the client because he wants to make his bonus and everyone else can be damned.

When we hold functions and need extra help it's like pulling teeth to get some. The Regional Executive Chef said he would be visiting once a month but no one has seen him in over 5.
very different experiences depending on the account you are assigned
Clinical Nutrition Manager (Former Employee), Douglas, GAMarch 15, 2013
Pros: accounts available around the world
Cons: you have a lot of bosses and they are not always in agreement
Overall Morrison is a good company for entry-level positions, but it can be hard to advance. The vision is not consistent at all accounts.

Morrison Management Specialists Salaries