Morrison Management Specialists Employee Reviews in United States

Morrison: Visionless and lacking in Leadership
Director (Current Employee) –  AnonymousAugust 4, 2016
Morrison has little concern for its employees and the people they serve each day. Unorganized and void of any real human resources department, this is not the best company to build a career upon. If you truly care about quality, people and ethical business practices, look elsewhere. If you are looking to gain experience, or need an intro job, it will suffice.
Pros
Growth and Networking
Cons
Low wages and long hours
Not an employee friendly company
Director of Food and Nutrition Service (Former Employee) –  Haymarket, VAJuly 17, 2016
There was no training provided for people going into new positions. When questions were asked most times i was told to call someone else because my direct manager did not know the answers.
There was no concern for employees only the bottom line.
Fun, strong sense of teamwork.
Salad Prep (Current Employee) –  Morganton, NCJuly 9, 2016
When you walk in the door to the kitchen, you're happily greeted by your coworkers. Everyone's always cheerful, even in the stressful situations when someone needed calls out sick. Everything I know about cooking, I've learned from the Executive Chef at Grace Ridge. I joined the kitchen alongside him in March of 2013. I've worked there for 3 years and I've loved every moment of it. I always recommend people I know to apply for a job there.
Pros
Free meal per shift, good breaks, fair managers
Cons
Occasional bad employee
Great work environment
Treasury Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 28, 2016
Great people to work with always very helpful patient. Learned a lot about Microsoft excel formulas and spreadsheets. Management staff were great to work for always made time to answer and questions.
Pros
Paid Lunch break
Cons
work not challenging
Great company
Office Manager/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAApril 9, 2016
Worked with Morrison in several areas, i.e. corporate office in several positions then moved to the field in a local hospital

In around 6:30a - typical day in last position
café opens - give drawer to cashier
count bank to confirm close out from the night
if needed prepare bank deposits for armor truck pickup
pick up paperwork and begin report for patient meals
financial reporting from previous day to include patient meals, cash reports, cost of good sold, post all numbers in system by 10a
Ensure all computers, time clock and cash registers are up and running properly. Fill in if employee is out - retail area.
Check safety board to ensure all information if updated (weekly)
post payments for vendors; update employee files as needed
other duties as assigned.

Enjoyed the work, the variety of duties, learning new things, working with people.
Hardest - N/A but things can get a little busy.
Management - sometimes communication gaps but overall manageable
Created great relationships and believe they will last beyond
Pros
partial payment on lunch, flexible lunch hour
Very rewarding and challenging
Management Travel Support (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2015
A typical day at work is very busy, I have learned a lot about Morrison programs and financial management. I have enjoyed getting to know a diverse group of managers. The hardest part of the job is the uncerrtainity of contract managment. The most enjoyable part of the job is all the opprtunities that are available throughout the organization.
Pros
Vast opportunties for employment across all sectors of the company.
Cons
Uncertainity of contract management.
Multi-tasking at its best!
Assistant Director of Dining Services (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 2, 2015
This job consists of 5 jobs in one. It is very hard to be productive and accomplished when there are so many factors that prevent that. I always feel that I am spinning my tires.
Pros
Free meals
Great company to grow with
FOOD SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  PAApril 27, 2015
Morrison Management Specialists is a great company to work for, The company loves to cultivate talent from within,build on strengths and improve weaknesses that can make for a solid career.
Great place to intern
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2015
- Very nice management team
- Learned a lot while interning
- Coworkers are there to help
- Nothing really difficult in terms of job
- High visibility of work done
- Get to interact with senior management
Great place to gain experience and grow
Assistant Director of Dining Services (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIFebruary 2, 2015
Morrison can help you get where you want to go and has the resources to teach you. Work life balance is hard to achieve however.
No support from rdo
FOOD & NUTRITION DIRECTOR/EXECUTIVE CHEF (Former Employee) –  MEMPHIS,TN.October 14, 2014
I worked for Morrison Health care for over six years and had some good and bad experiences with this company. I was hired in has Executive Chef and moved up to Food & Nutrition Director in West Memphis,AR. The hospital eventually closed due to financial problems. I was told by my RDO at that time I would be placed at another hospital while I could post for another position when it became available. But when the hospital closed I was laid off instead. I felt betrayed and lied to by my RDO.When I needed his support he was never available. This was a Fee account and his only concerned was getting the hospital to pay its bill. Whenever I asked him for help with employee issues he only added to the problem with bad advise. My RDO never understand the issue of this account because he seldom came to the hospital; unless it was to pick-up a check for payment.

I felt alone and had on support in the last 8-10 months working at this hospital.
Pros
good opportunity
Cons
no job sercuity
Productive Workplace
Food Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAOctober 9, 2014
A typical day at work can be very busy with some downtime to keep the place clean and orderly.
I've learned several things in the past 8 years I've been there;
I've operated a non-computerized register and a computerized register, expanded my cooking skills, and counting the register at the end of the day. Most importantly I've learned how to rotate stock and proper temperatures and storage of product.
Current management takes interest in employee's and customer input on changes and product offered.
All coworkers have their differences, however we work together as a team.
The hardest part of the job is temporarily running out of product until delivery day.
Most enjoyable part of the job making customers happy.
an ok place to work
Director of Plant Operations and Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYOctober 7, 2014
some supervisors in the company do not know anything about other operations.
Pros
pay
Cons
contracts
Fast paced and fun place to work
Retail & Catering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 11, 2014
I enjoy this job most of the time I am there but it can be very hectic and stressful.
Poor management
Chef (Former Employee) –  USAMarch 7, 2014
I worked as a sous Chef the management i worked with was terrible some people were treated poorly and with no respect if you were friends with the director you were good but if you were your own persons they treated you like an animal . you were expected to work 12 to 14 hours a day and were told that you were not hired to a 8 hour a day job they wanted you to have no life like them and be miserable i guess misery loves company. And as a manager you were told to treat hourly employees like dogs i felt bad that i had to do this , The only thing that is good about the company the benefits were very good the pay was okay but if you figured the hours you put in you were just above minimum wage it Wasn't worth it plus the management were very nervous and could not handle pressure and they took it out on you I'm glad i do not work for them anymore i feel better mentally .
So think twice about taking a job from these people if you Don't mind being treated like a slave then take the job but you won't be your own person anymore...
Pros
super benifits the best
Cons
horrible upper managementt
An educational experience.
Supervisor of Subway at Floyd Medical Center (Former Employee) –  Rome GANovember 5, 2013
While in charge over their subway franchise I worked with a small group of great people. I had the chance to get to know many of our customers since we served the same group of people every day. I learned a lot about customer service. I would say the most challenging part of the job was that I had to report to three company supervisors, Morrison Management Floyd Medical Center and Subway corporate each some times having differing ideals on how the store was to be ran. It was challenging to meet the needs of all three at times but very beneficial to my experience. I was in charge of employee training evaluation and counseling. I also tracked all inventory sales and labor costs.
I learned a lot about management.
Executive Chef R&D (Former Employee) –  AtlantaOctober 24, 2013
Very hard to advance in a male dominated environment. I enjoyed being in the kitchen.
Pros
paid travels.
Cons
to much computer work.
Challenging environment
Executive Chef/Acting Director Food & Nutrition (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNSeptember 9, 2013
Early in with constant responsibility of a multi cultural workforce. Always something going on, with many responsibilities to juggle simultaneously. Challenging at times, but well balanced with rewarding opportunities to help others grow and better themselves.
A Senior Living Communittee Management Company
Director of Dining Services (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIAugust 31, 2013
Morrison specializes in providing food services for senior living communities across the nation. I have worked for Morrison since April 2012 and each account I have been in have been an adjustment. As a company, they provide you with the tools to be successful. I enjoyed each experience with my fellow management team and my hourly staff making sure to be the expert that Morrison asks their management to be.
Love the residents
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  IowaAugust 20, 2013
Morrison has no idea how to communicate with their employees. You won't see the RDO until they want to yell at you.
Not a good environment for growth. I dread when upper Morrison show up.....they get rid of the management that cared and did their jobs well.
benefits
Cons
you are looked down on

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morrison Management Specialists. Our community is ready to answer.

Morrison Management Specialists Reviews by Location