Morrison Management Specialists Employee Reviews in United States

Great company to work for!!
Director of Food & Nutritional Services (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NMMay 15, 2013
Excelent training, high level of diversity!! Never had an issue getting anything that I needed to perform my duties, Always had support. Was given freedom to grow the business!
Pros
great support, nothing hidden, everything is spelled out to you from the start!
Cons
job positions in alot of management positions require transfer.
No Support
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandMarch 16, 2013
Morrison offers no support to accounts that need it. Our RDO only visits once a month when our client has asked over and over again to see him more. Because he is never here our Director is free to do what he wants. He waters down what we are giving the client because he wants to make his bonus and everyone else can be damned.

When we hold functions and need extra help it's like pulling teeth to get some. The Regional Executive Chef said he would be visiting once a month but no one has seen him in over 5.
very different experiences depending on the account you are assigned
Clinical Nutrition Manager (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAMarch 15, 2013
Overall Morrison is a good company for entry-level positions, but it can be hard to advance. The vision is not consistent at all accounts.
Pros
accounts available around the world
Cons
you have a lot of bosses and they are not always in agreement
Awful place to work all around
Executive Chef / Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 13, 2012
Lived at work where no one cared about anything and they never showed up. Lazy boss with no knowledge of the food industry.
Clinical Manager overseeing all operations of the diet office as well as carrying a patient caseload in a long term care environment
Clinical Nutrition Manager (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 20, 2012
A typical day was again performing various duties: I had a patient caseload so I needed to go see clients each day and chart on their nutrition status; I also had to oversee patient trayline and/or conduct test trays on occasion. I was an assistant to the Foodservice Director, producing daily and weekly reports and analytics. The management was very detailed on how they liked things done and we had a challenging client to satisfy so I gained worthwhile experience in client relations and sales. My co-workers worked well as a team. The hardest part of the job was satisfying sometimes unrealistic expectations and demands. The most enjoyable part of the job was that the management did recognize a job well done and that did feel good.
Pros
performing various duties each day to keep things interesting
Cons
satisfying a client with unrealistic, and at times, unachievable, goals
professional environment ensuring excellent customer service
Assistant Director / Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 27, 2012
responsible for a production staff of 40 members which consisted of hot and cold food production. Responsible for food preparation for a 500 bed hospital and responsible for providing food to the cafeteria which generated an average of $7000 a day in revenue
Pros
professional environment
Cons
union account
I'm amazed at the person I've become
Patient Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2012
I have learned so much about the food service industry! I have been constantly challenged and pushed to be better. I respect that I have been pushed to constantly rise to the next level.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Field Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 23, 2012
Working with vendors and manager on setting up and implementing devices throughout units within the continental United States. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with different people on all levels within the compnay. I am able to travel to locations when needed to ensure all has been implemented.
Pros
work life balance
Great work environment always room for advancement
Patient/Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 5, 2012
There is much room to move in the company. I moved quickly with this company from a regular hourly employee to a salaried employee with in a year. They noticed my skills and work ethic and felt that advancement was necessary.
productive, management support - excellent
A Contract Management Services (Former Employee) –  Brush, COMay 31, 2012
Training and management support is superb, extensive travels, training - excellent
Pros
training, paid relocation
Cons
no permanent facility assigned, travels 50%
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KansasMay 23, 2012
Management cannot be trusted. Management talk about coworkers. No information on pay stub about earned wellness day or vactions time. Doesn't get pay stub half the time.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no time for breaks.
Beware!
Director (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 21, 2012
Compass as a whole is a very good company to work for, but my experience with Morrison was less than fair. There is little if any support from management. Even the client kept telling me that Morrison isn't giving enough support. I loved the client, but the negotiating skills of management flushed the contract down the toilet! One you loose the contract and are on the outside, there is no support for you. You're a number, that's it. At Morrison I learned that inorder to make it you have to know who's to kiss, when to kiss it and how to kiss it. Do 99 things right and they will hang you for that 1 mistake you made. The CEO of Morrison is a fantastic person along with some of the specialists I had the pleasure to work with, but I felt that they didn't even know the true story.
Pros
compensation, benefits
Cons
poor management.
Unnecessary "Busy" Work/form over function
manager (Current Employee) –  CAApril 17, 2012
they pile on all kinds of reports to be completed without any relation to benefit to the client. There is zero support from corporate for any situation. My manager met with me only twice in one year even though he was at the account 2-3 times per month. They are aggressively expanding, but don't know much about the areas into which they wish to grow.
Poor training and support
Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 28, 2011
Job responsibilities are not communicated, tools for success are not provided, promotions are given based on buddy system rather than experience, qualifications and performance. Managers are not given a good work-life balance and often burn out.
Pros
employed
Cons
long hours, pto discouraged