Morrison Management Specialists Employee Reviews

Love the residents
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  IowaAugust 20, 2013
Morrison has no idea how to communicate with their employees. You won't see the RDO until they want to yell at you.
Not a good environment for growth. I dread when upper Morrison show up.....they get rid of the management that cared and did their jobs well.
benefits
Cons
You are looked down on
Great work environment always room for advancement
Patient/Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 5, 2012
There is much room to move in the company. I moved quickly with this company from a regular hourly employee to a salaried employee with in a year. They noticed my skills and work ethic and felt that advancement was necessary.
Multi-tasking at its best!
Assistant Director of Dining Services (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 2, 2015
This job consists of 5 jobs in one. It is very hard to be productive and accomplished when there are so many factors that prevent that. I always feel that I am spinning my tires.
Pros
Free meals
No support from rdo
FOOD & NUTRITION DIRECTOR/EXECUTIVE CHEF (Former Employee) –  MEMPHIS,TN.October 14, 2014
I worked for Morrison Health care for over six years and had some good and bad experiences with this company. I was hired in has Executive Chef and moved up to Food & Nutrition Director in West Memphis,AR. The hospital eventually closed due to financial problems. I was told by my RDO at that time I would be placed at another hospital while I could post for another position when it became available. But when the hospital closed I was laid off instead. I felt betrayed and lied to by my RDO.When I needed his support he was never available. This was a Fee account and his only concerned was getting the hospital to pay its bill. Whenever I asked him for help with employee issues he only added to the problem with bad advise. My RDO never understand the issue of this account because he seldom came to the hospital; unless it was to pick-up a check for payment.

I felt alone and had on support in the last 8-10 months working at this hospital.
Pros
GOOD OPPORTUNITY
Cons
NO JOB SERCUITY
Good Company to work for
Executive Chef, Honey Hill Care Center (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 16, 2013
Staff meetings. orders, inventory and sanitation
How to deal with Union Employees
Good management,always teaching
Good decent workers
Managing staff
Relationship with Co-workers
Pros
40 hour work weeks
Cons
Union staff
Great company to grow with
FOOD SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  PAApril 27, 2015
Morrison Management Specialists is a great company to work for, The company loves to cultivate talent from within,build on strengths and improve weaknesses that can make for a solid career.
Clinical Manager overseeing all operations of the diet office as well as carrying a patient caseload in a long term care environment
Clinical Nutrition Manager (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 20, 2012
A typical day was again performing various duties: I had a patient caseload so I needed to go see clients each day and chart on their nutrition status; I also had to oversee patient trayline and/or conduct test trays on occasion. I was an assistant to the Foodservice Director, producing daily and weekly reports and analytics. The management was very detailed on how they liked things done and we had a challenging client to satisfy so I gained worthwhile experience in client relations and sales. My co-workers worked well as a team. The hardest part of the job was satisfying sometimes unrealistic expectations and demands. The most enjoyable part of the job was that the management did recognize a job well done and that did feel good.
Pros
performing various duties each day to keep things interesting
Cons
satisfying a client with unrealistic, and at times, unachievable, goals
Great place to intern
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2015
- Very nice management team
- Learned a lot while interning
- Coworkers are there to help
- Nothing really difficult in terms of job
- High visibility of work done
- Get to interact with senior management
I'm amazed at the person I've become
Patient Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2012
I have learned so much about the food service industry! I have been constantly challenged and pushed to be better. I respect that I have been pushed to constantly rise to the next level.
Poor management
Chef (Former Employee) –  USAMarch 7, 2014
I worked as a sous Chef the management i worked with was terrible some people were treated poorly and with no respect if you were friends with the director you were good but if you were your own persons they treated you like an animal . you were expected to work 12 to 14 hours a day and were told that you were not hired to a 8 hour a day job they wanted you to have no life like them and be miserable i guess misery loves company. And as a manager you were told to treat hourly employees like dogs i felt bad that i had to do this , The only thing that is good about the company the benefits were very good the pay was okay but if you figured the hours you put in you were just above minimum wage it Wasn't worth it plus the management were very nervous and could not handle pressure and they took it out on you I'm glad i do not work for them anymore i feel better mentally .
So think twice about taking a job from these people if you Don't mind being treated like a slave then take the job but you won't be your own person anymore...
Pros
super benifits the best
Cons
Horrible upper managementt
productive, management support - excellent
A Contract Management Services (Former Employee) –  Brush, COMay 31, 2012
Training and management support is superb, extensive travels, training - excellent
Pros
training, paid relocation
Cons
no permanent facility assigned, travels 50%
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KansasMay 23, 2012
Management cannot be trusted. Management talk about coworkers. No information on pay stub about earned wellness day or vactions time. Doesn't get pay stub half the time.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no time for breaks.
Great place to gain experience and grow
Assistant Director of Dining Services (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIFebruary 2, 2015
Morrison can help you get where you want to go and has the resources to teach you. Work life balance is hard to achieve however.
Enjoyable and great place to work and grow
Lead/Telephone Operator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 18, 2013
I enjoy working at Morrison (Children Hospital Pittsburgh, Pa)
I learn that my day at work can go from 0 to 100 and a blank of an eye, I love to stay busy you really never know what you're walking into. I start my day off. Upon arrival checking with the Management team for any call-offs or product shortage and if it may relate to the current day routine. In extreme cases the Lead will be except to maintain any station necessary proper customer needs. Assist Manager in Daily Line up meeting. Main responsibility of the lead is to assist the Management in any constructive and positive manner. The main goal and hardest part is assuring the proper maintenance of the entire Cafe, Lobby Kiosk, and Basement Kitchen if necessary. Keeping the department cleanliness and sanitation levels to complying accordance with Health Department and Steritech. I enjoy really my coworkers and the support they bring each and every day. I enjoy making the patient and parents stay as comfortable and less stress as possible. Great place for growth. The workers here are like family.
Awful place to work all around
Executive Chef / Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 13, 2012
Lived at work where no one cared about anything and they never showed up. Lazy boss with no knowledge of the food industry.
I learned a lot about management.
Executive Chef R&D (Former Employee) –  AtlantaOctober 24, 2013
Very hard to advance in a male dominated environment. I enjoyed being in the kitchen.
Pros
Paid Travels.
Cons
To much computer work.
an ok place to work
Director of Plant Operations and Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYOctober 7, 2014
some supervisors in the company do not know anything about other operations.
Pros
pay
Cons
contracts
Great sound ideas that pave the way for a great vision of the future.
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 18, 2013
Great sound ideas that pave the way for a great vision of the future.
Fast paced and fun place to work
Retail & Catering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 11, 2014
I enjoy this job most of the time I am there but it can be very hectic and stressful.
Contract Food
Regional Support Director (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 23, 2014
Not much job security. Job is highly rewarding as far as heling people and growing a love for food.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morrison Management Specialists. Our community is ready to answer.

Morrison Management Specialists Reviews by Location