Morrison Management

Morrison Management Employer Reviews

a company to work for if you like a challenging environment
Executive Chef - Sous Chef (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2014
Pros: upward mobility
Cons: work life balance
if you like a job where work is the thing you like to do most this company is for you.
fairly demanding of your time.
on the plus side if your devoted you can thrive here
It was an okay company to work for
Patient Service Manager II (Former Employee), Lake Forest, ILMay 23, 2014
Very busy daily, new innovatidve meal delivery systems, management not as supportive, love the interactions with the patients.
A GOOD PLACE FOR ADVANCEMENT
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAMay 5, 2014
Pros: world wide company
Cons: rules are very strict
A VERY DEMANDING PLACE.WITH THE RIGHT PEOPLE IN THE RIGHT PLACES A PERSON CAN DO WELL FOR THEMSELVES.
MY FIRST JOB OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL
Payment Processor (Former Employee), BALTIMORE MDSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: free food and experience
Cons: not enough money
IT WAS VERY FAST UPBEAT PLACE
I LEARNED HOW TO RUN A CAFE
MY CO-WORKERS WAS NICE AND THE HARDEST PART WAS STANDING FOR 8 HOURS THE ENJOYABLE PART WAS THE CUSTOMERS
I loved the company just to far away from home
Dining Room Manager (Current Employee), Brookline, MAAugust 20, 2013
I love working with my Seniors and everyday is a fun with them. I enjoy my employees very much.
Catering Associate
Catering Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 18, 2013
* 12 hour work days

* I learned how to assist dietitians with adjusting and providing every patient their prescribed diet considering their menu preferences and honoring their cultural backgrounds

* I gained skills by working with fellow co-worker in the kitchen and learned new cooking and serving skills in the hospital setting

*The hardest part – more... of the job was seeing the sick patients and not being able to help them more.

*The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the patients during their hospital stay, brightening their day with their favorite nutritious foods, and seeing the difference I made while caring for the patients and the inter-disciplinary team.

* I love working with people as a group, or independently. I am a strong, motivated, energetic person who is passionate about nutrition. – less
Liason between contract company and facility. Majority of my time was trying to get monies for a rennovation that was 20 years past due.
Director of Culinary (Former Employee), Bullhead City, AZJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: building a quality staff who adapted my concept of enjoying their jobs, produced 7 employee of the years, director of the year 5 years, completion of new cafe, kitchen and meeting space.
Cons: constant turnover of upper management and budget cuts, my job for the contract company is to make as much money off of the facility as possible, my job for the facility is to pay as little as possible.
Hired, trained and retained staff of 28. Increasing sales and patient satisfaction. Implemented program that soon was adopted by facility to have a positive attitude in dealing with your customer base and your job. Developed 4-staff members who went on to become managers for contract compnay. Most difficult issue was budget cuts, already running below – more... budget, then ask to cut even more. Dealing with the constant turnover of upper management, 26 direct reports in 9 years. – less
Contract Food Service in what can be a rewarding enviroment.
Assistant Director (Current Employee), Oakland, CADecember 22, 2012
Pros: the days go by very quickly, there is always plenty to do, it's fun to work as a team on a day to day basis.
Cons: i work a lot of holidays, nights, and weekends. i am looking for more compromise on this issue in a new postion.
I am the opening manager at my work. My job always starts at 5 am sharp and typically deals with scheduling issues. We are a union house so covering each position needed that day is critical for the day to run smoothly.

I am also the catering manager so my catering person needs to be briefed about the morning breakfasts and afternoon lunches.

I am – more... responsible for cash handling since we are a large retail operation as well as a Children's Hospital.

I am the coordinator, with the cooks, for the menu for the day as well. What will we be doing? What may be the issues with the days production? How do we want things to look and taste?

Often, a lot of hands on work is required in my position. I don't spend a lot of time in my office. It is way too busy at my place for that.

You learn how to manage a difficult to manage crew in my job. I have learned how to get what I need and want form people where you cannot necessarily use a "hard" management style. It is critical to learn to manage people with a lot of different attitudes regarding the work place and where they ft in it.

I do love to work with my catering clients and my customers. The patients parents are often fascinating and inspiring as well. And finally, I really enjoy my management team. Everyone is uniquely talented and all of us bring diverse but important skills to our jobs. – less
dont go for management
Executive Chef (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 23, 2012
Pros: free meals, gaurantee paycheck
Cons: bad management, wasteful company with senior management, lower guys dont count
If you want to have a family life dont even think about going for management especially in a kitchen setting, I worked 13+ hours a day with a lower salary than most managers starting out with very little raises.
A place for growth if you are head strong and a hard worker.
Office Coordinator/ HR (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2012
Pros: free lunch!!!
Cons: not enough pay unless you are salaried unfortunately
I have been with the company since May 2011, and received my 1st promotion only 6 months in. I love what I do and I adore my team. Of course from time to time you run across those who do not pull their weight or are not your desirable team player, but they have a lot of jewels. Both young and old. Management is pretty fair, however they could be a little – more... more stern on slackers. My most enjoyable part are our monthly chat sessions. What you would expect to be a boring discussion on what you should already know turns into a fun exciting learning game or activity. Benefits are good and the perks are ok too. Oh, and dont let me begin on how good the food is <smiles>. I know this sounds like a cheesy commercial but its straight from the heart. Truely a great place to work and grow along the way. – less
fun working in the hospital bringing the food up to the patients
Catering Associate (Former Employee), Irvine CaAugust 22, 2012
Pros: free food provided by the cafeteria
Cons: short breaks and interupted lunches
comunicating with patients for what they wanted for breakfast lunch and dinner. Communicating with Diatician to ensure correct diet is given for diabetic or other patients with special diets.
Very faced paced
Food Service Director (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 17, 2012
Working for Morrisson's was an experience that I will hardly forget. Being a FD at a very big University. We had three off site kitchens to manage along with a very extensive catering department.