Morrison Supply Company Employee Reviews

Not that great
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2017
Poor management. Secretive. Micro managing to a T. Good people but management is selfish and does not show trust in their employees. Not a happy environment.
Pros
good customers
Cons
poor management
Issues on a daily basis
None (Current Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXOctober 21, 2017
Mismanaged company with no training & no raises. Issues on a daily basis that never get addressed. Water Gardens decisions are misguided and clueless.
Pros
PTO and Co-workers
Cons
No raises, One Vision - Morrison is not Fortiline.
Express Pipe & Supply
Warehouse Worker/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAOctober 9, 2017
Horrible management. No organization, no clear direction and no training to understand expected​ as hired job requirements. Sadly, very understaffed branch made majority of essential job tasks to be left unfinished which created even more problems and tremendous stress.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
Everything. Where do I begin?
Great company with clear expectations
Driver (Former Employee) –  Azle, TXAugust 23, 2017
Good company, just not near enough drivers to handle a location. Clear work expectations; not a hard, stressful job, but need to be able to lift heavy things and know how to react when driving.
Pros
Benefits and ease.
Cons
Understaffed in the driving department.
Wasted Time
Sales (Former Employee) –  East TexasAugust 22, 2017
You are promised the world, but management will mislead you. No job security, no training, no goals, and managers really don't care about employees. you are just a number.
A typical day at work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 15, 2017
Pulling order and double checking for accuracy before they are delivered to customers. Shipping and receiving checking to make sure all product is accurate and in good condition.
Morrison Supply was a great place to work.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 10, 2017
A typical day at Morrison was a very busy day full of answering calls, shipping out product, receiving new product and organizing all paperwork (invoices etc.) I learned a variety of things at Morrison. I had never worked in a plumbing/hvac supply atmosphere before and leaned a lot of product knowledge. I also learned more customer service as I helped many order special product they needed. I learned how to efficiently move through the computer program for invoicing and the daily cash box. The management was very supportive, yet gave me room to work things out on my own. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to a mostly male atmosphere and learning all the different components of plumbing and hvac (which I still do not know all of them). The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with and getting to know the people that came in all the time.
Pros
Raises and bonuses were great. I learned a great deal.
Cons
My office was not carpeted, it was very close to the warehouse, mice
fun place learn alot
Office Manager/Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 20, 2017
learned a lot about the plumbing industry it is a very competitive industry to be in but a lot of money can be mad if you work hard. My boss worked hard and he was great
good stedy job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 26, 2017
It is a nice laid back steady paced job, with friendly employee's who make you feel at home. The occasional cook outs and other company activities are a great moral booster.
Competitive
Builder Sales (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXJanuary 2, 2017
I enjoyed working with Morrison Supply. It was a fast paced environment and I learned alot about the custom home building industry.
Poor Upper Management
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  ShreveportSeptember 26, 2016
Hired in July fired in March. Zero help the whole time I was employed until late the last month. Walked into store as branch manager found over 100,000.00 dolars.worth of inventory missing was targeted by regional manager immediately. Took him 9 months to figure out a way to terminate me. Upper management realized he was unstable after my dismissal. Sad situation for all.
Benefits
Cons
Poor managenent in the field
Office Manager
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJune 27, 2016
Oversaw and maintained efficient acccount management, customer service and monetary tranactions. I took care of the money drawer.
Cons
Had trouble get raises that were promise
Not a respectable business to work for, dishonest.
Showroom (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 19, 2016
Empty promises, antiquated system of business procedure and practice. Management inept. Employees did not take care of customers and customer needs.
Pros
Cons
Unreal expectations
outstanding workplace
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 30, 2015
Everyone that works at Morrison Supply Company are outstanding people that get the job done. The hardest part of the job is learning all the different terms for the parts and equipment.
Pros
Work Environment is amazing
Fast past
Regional Credit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 22, 2015
Fast past, growing company; trying to downsize staff numbers, but keep up with growing demands of expanding the company in the market place.
morrison supply
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 22, 2015
I learned a new work environment as far as working for an a/c department. Not a bad opportunity just needed the money so I had to take the job offer at Orgill so I can move back to Sherman, Texas
Debbie was great to work with
WAREHOUSE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  san antonioMay 29, 2015
has been over 10 years, changed management and owners. not fair to grade them after all this time. had lots of young inexperienced workers there.
Busy Environment
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, Tx.May 14, 2015
With Morrison you will never be without something to do and this is one of the things that I have appreciated about being there. Morrison works as a team, we get thru everything, big or small, together. I have had the opportunity of moving around in the company to strengthen my quality of experience with the company to help provide growth in other areas.
Pros
Morrison is a great company to work for
Cons
Expanding the company is top priority and tends to get in the way of employee appreciation
Good place to work, lots of long term employees
Credit (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 28, 2014
Good place to work to gain experience. A typical day is pretty busy, would like to see work more evenly distributed. There is a lot of wonderful, hard working people in this company.
Pros
Very flexible & work with your schedule.
Cons
Little to no advancement.
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 28, 2014
I've learned allot and self discipline within the company, I have also have developed a reputation with the sales personel.