Morrison

Morrison Employer Reviews

This was a very exciting job. I got to meet exciting people daily.
Food Services Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 11, 2014
Pros: the company is a great place to grow.
Cons: sometimes the buisness would get extremely busy.
My day consisted of providing customer service. I would work as a cashier and serve food when needed.
Fun experience for nutrition.
Catering Associate (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNNovember 2, 2014
Pros: education on nutrition.
Cons: did not have much time to speak with patients.
I worked under the dietitian. Gave the patients their diets, took their orders and handed out their meals.
very good place to work
Warehouseman (Former Employee), WeatherbySeptember 22, 2014
loading and unloading of stock for store,excellent management support working within an agreed time scale for vehicle turn around
Horrible
Culinary Intern (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 28, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: everything
If I could grade lower than a one star, I would. Being an intern at this establishment was horrific. Not only was the management and the organization just out of control, but it was the most disgusting kitchen I've ever walked in to. The Habits of the employees are so poor, you can see the lack of training instantly, or just lack of knowledge.
Nice place to work.
Cook (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIAugust 19, 2014
Pretty much the same thing every day at work. I have learned how to make puree diets more appetizing which took some practice.
challenging financial restraints
Office Coordinator, Patient Services, Retail (Former Employee), Bentonville, AR ; Fort Smith, ARJuly 31, 2014
Pros: global company with ability to grow, education opportunities, healthcare, and 401k
Cons: the restructuring of the company requiring 14 to 16 hour days, and weekends. this was a large strain on family and health.
The day typically began with a leadership meeting of all department heads discussing financial goals, the clients requests, and upcoming events. I would then meet with my team to relate pertinent information regarding meeting and assign duties for the day. Once my department ran smoothly I would check e-mails, scheduling issues, and financials for the – more... previous day. It would then be time to preform a quality check prior to meal service insuring proper portioning, taste, as well as visual appeal. This was done for all 3 meals. Inventory, ordering, e-mail checks and patient visitations were the end of the day along with managing HR issues, and documentation of the days events. Payroll, scheduling, and invoice management were weekly duties. My director was new in the position and was often fearful of her job and extremely stressed which made it difficult to approach her. My team was wonderful but we had high turnover rates due to low pay grades. The most challenging part of my job was the balance of home and work, financial constraints required us to use processed food products.The most enjoyable areas of this job were time spent with residence / patients. It was exciting to find creative ways to stimulate their appetites, manage their weight goals, and visit with them daily. Seeing their comfort and happiness was wonderful. – less
busy place to work but fun to come to
Assistant Retail Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 25, 2014
Cons: short breaks pay for lunch
busy busy busy almost 5000 pre day cooked for main cafe and worked in the heathly cafe
productive work place
Hostess (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: many days off, having to go in a freezer, going up and down an elevator.
Working for Morrison has been a very humbling experience. Serving different patients and hearing some of their stories has made me look at life very different. The best part of this job is meeting the patients. The toughest part of the job for me was getting close to one of the older patients and seeing them everyday and then being told they passed – more... away. Honestly I feel management could use a little more help as far as managing. – less
Morrison- Grill Cook
Lead grill cook (Former Employee), Houston, TxJuly 16, 2014
Cooked at the grill making fresh food in the Houston Medical Center at Texas Children Hospital. Worked mid- shift with great customer service. I learned to work fast, work with others and be creative.
Was Great
Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2014
Was a great job I'm really going to miss my coworkers
I enjoyed coming to work every day not one time did i dislike my job
Not Bad, Beats Minimun Wage
Dishwasher (Current Employee), Palm Springs, CAJune 3, 2014
Not a bad company it self, but managers ruin it. They contradict themselves constantly. there very selfish and always want to be right when they are not. but that's just management company can be good.
i worked for compass also known as morrison eurest
cashier (Former Employee), charlotte ncJune 3, 2014
Pros: co workers a
Cons: management ...short to no breaks
loved my co workers..management is horrible went through 4 managers in a year! management does sneaky uncover things i wouldnt encourage anyone to work for compass aka morrison aka eurest.
very productive,much overtme required
Supervisor (Former Employee), Hornell N.YMay 19, 2014
Pros: good pay for the area at that time.
Cons: long work days.
Worked many twelve hour days.
Good spirit of cooperation among employees.
Enjoyably stuff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), West Bloomfield Township, MIApril 26, 2014
Even tough everyday was busy day, staff would always get a lot of help and support. Great HR
non existent management
dietary aide (Former Employee), aldersgate, topeka, ks.April 3, 2014
Pros: great teamwork among the kitchen staff
Cons: no upper management, every day you have to ask who is in charge here???
My coworkers were great to work with, from the cooks and dietary aides. But management was hard to get a hold of if you had issues. You leave multiple voice mails with no response. The only time you would see them if they needed something, or to say negative things. Its hard to work around them when all they talk about is firing everybody.
talking with residents, and helping them.
Server (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 7, 2014
Getting to know the residents at Wexner Heritage Village, while maintaining service and productivity.
Be careful!
FSD (Former Employee), New JerseyMarch 6, 2014
Pros: actually, the pay scale is very good.
Cons: absolutely no support.
Management runs for the hills when something goes wrong, leaving the employee holding the bag! Parent company Compass is an excellent company with some of the best people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting, however, the subsidiary company Morrison, not good at all.
dishwasher
Dishwasher/Kitchen Helper (Current Employee), Rosemead, CAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: free some feed
Cons: break 30 mins
since i was hard work with great my co work in the kitchen/ delivery tray good time.... my boss is sound awesome!
happy fun an clean enviorment
Catering Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: got to meet new people
Cons: long nights
I loved my job it was fun I learned how to have patience the management eas great my co workers was very helpful the hardest part well there was not a hard part I enjoed every part
Fun Job
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), BaltimoreJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: pay, benefits
This job is a great job to move around in the hospital. The coworkers are great.

1 2 3 4 5