Morrison Employee Reviews

Great enviroment
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 4, 2018
It does take time to get to know your fellow workers and how to operate things on your first week. Its hard but than you slowly progress into friendships and they become your second family.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
made friends
Lead Personnel (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 27, 2017
They always relay on couple of people, they over work the good employees. I would be doing 3 to 4 jobs a day, sometimes I came in at 4am didn't get off until 4pm or 8pm.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
over worked
I spend more time at work than with my family
Leader (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXDecember 24, 2017
Typical day can be easy and hard depending on the people you deal with, in my case I've dealt with some great people and some of the worse people I have ever met. The best part of this job has to be the people you work with.
Dishwasher
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 3, 2017
It's a good job with excellent managers it just the pay was low so I'll have to work longer hours through the week and weekend to be able to take care of myself and 5 kids and two grandsons
Pros
Easy laid back
Cons
The pay
hardest part of job
Brookwood Medical Center (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ALNovember 21, 2017
it wasnt a bad place just they wasnt paying you the money they suppose to be paying you, nor giving the hours but its not a bad job nor place to work.
Overworked and Underappreciated
Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 17, 2017
Just like most companies these days, Morrison overworks their managers. I just recently worked 40 hours in 3 days and my manager expressed that that wasn't enough for what was expected of me. Any company that wants you to work over 12 hours every single day isn't worth it.
Growth opportunity
Director of Food and Nutrition Services (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 25, 2017
A typical day requires teamwork for success.
I was able to develop stronger analytical abilities.
Management is strong and direct and support staff as needed.
The most enjoyable part of the job is team training.
review
Food Service Worker/Chef (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 18, 2017
• Prepared food items consistently and in compliance with recipes, portioning, cooking and waste control guidelines.
• Verified proper portion sizes and consistently attained high food quality standards.
• Planned lunch, dinner and bar menus, as well as special menus for in-house special events and catering.
• Positively engaged with customers, offering menu information
enviroment
Executive Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 8, 2017
No support. Left me hanging and then blamed me for all that was wrong. I would not recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a supportive place to work,
poor mgr
Food Service Worker 2 (Current Employee) –  Shamokin, PASeptember 6, 2017
this company is managed by those who do not know what they are doing and have no experience with proper staffing. They tend to staff positions with their friends not with those who know the jobs and do what they can to complete the job in a timely fashion. They cannot correct the payroll issues that have been pointed out such as deductions for meals and taxes to municipalities that you do not live in or work in. The managers can barely work the computers and order the items needed to perform the duties and produce the meals for the residents. There have MANY DAYS WHERE YOU WORK 8 TO 12 HOURS STRAIGHT WITH NO BREAKS OR MEAL BREAKS.. had to rate them at one star above since the program would not allow a 0 star rating
Pros
close to home very little travel
Cons
streefull enviroment LACK OF SUPPORT and guidance

Want to know more about Morrison?

Ask a question
This place was a joke.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 31, 2017
I worked at Arizona State Hospital through Morrison.

My manager was very inexperienced. I don't know how she got the job.

One of the supervisors would hang out with some of the workers. They would all work together, eat lunch together, etc. I thought it was highly inappropriate to fraternize with the employees. Of course, they got away with not doing any work while the rest of us worked hard. Manager was aware of the situation and did nothing.

They went through something like 3 drivers in as many months and I recently saw yet another job posting for this position.

Also, many of the workers at Arizona State Hospital, who were not employed by Morrison, were downright nasty.

Worst two months of my life. ( I wish I could give the manager's name here because she does not deserve to have a job.)
Pros
Lunch provided but usually poor quality food.
Cons
Management, one male supervisor his buddies.
very stressful
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 31, 2017
I worked the morning shift.very unperfessional.the employee didn't matter at all.i was cheated out of hours,. when I asked about the situation I was put off.
Pros
got a pay check
Cons
very stressfull
I wouldnt dare you to go..
Catering Assistant/Server (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXAugust 29, 2017
The managers are rude and did respectful..They are not fare at all and very selfish co-workers..They abuse they workers and don't take care of any of they..The patients was the best thing about that job..
Stressful and full of drama
Dietary Clerk (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 21, 2017
I have worked in this department since i was 16 and worked my way up through the department. I left as a Clerk, they could not balance around family. They hire lots of entry level workers and use so much training them. The management needs help with communication and favoritism.
Pros
My own office, independant, learned alot about dietary needs of patients
Cons
healthcare, pay, hours, long days, drama, negative environment
Great Expeirence to further my Customer Service Skills
Food Server Worker (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSJune 19, 2017
The job was great and offered excellent experience and benefits but the could have been more team work from management. The day to day operations of the facility there was multiple job descriptions without the proper pay or correct title from what was previously discussed or work.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Unprofessional Management Staff
Excellect people
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Boulder City, NVJune 12, 2017
There are Some excellent people here on the staff in the different departments and the residents are very fine to know as well. The bosses here are very fair to the workers and there are opportunities for you to gain experience to move ahead to other positions in the same department
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
Shortages of people at times
It just had those days
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 12, 2017
Never knew what to expect from Al. Every other day he had an attitude about something we were doing and it just brought everybody's energy down as well. "We can only be as strong as our leader".
good place to work
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  LondonMay 29, 2017
it was fun to work with the people. I learned to work in a team and also handle everything when there is short of staff. Management was helpful, if we get very busy they would come and help. the hardest part of the job was to co-ordinate with other department. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly, helpful team.
Great opportunity to get into the New Home Industry
New Home Sales Host (Current Employee) –  San Diego CountyMay 8, 2017
I have been in the industry for 10 years as a Real Estate Agent and decided to venture into the New Home Sales part of the industry. It is very different and I see the potential in the long run.
Pros
Sales Experience
worst job i ever had.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMay 8, 2017
Got bullied every day and Nobody did anything to stop it. I complained to mgmt and they just blew it off. I finally quit when the bully threw a slop bucket at my head.