Morrison Employee Reviews

Nutrition Care Manager
Nutrition care manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 8, 2016
Loved my residents and ability to touch their lives both clincically and the ability to influence the diets and making sure they were getting the diets I prescribed. The healthcare team was awesome and adopted me into their family.

Always ask about how many hours you're expected to work. I assumed it would be ~40 hrs a week based upon the recruiter's conversation, as I was payed just a little higher than a clinical dietitian, but turned out to be a minimum of 50hrs/week. Expect to work late and cover shifts of diet aids, do dishes, and have your menu changed constantly, and come in on your days off. The work-life-balance did not happen. It is also very difficult having a dining service director be your boss, and no healthcare professional over you who knows and understands your work load. The expectations are unreasonable for the salary. It felt more like being a foodservice supervisor on the line than a dietitian manager.
Pros
Good clinical and management experience.
Cons
No work-life balance. Morrison Community living is a business, so they will always choose the account over you.
Morrison
Senior Living- Masonicare (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTNovember 7, 2016
Morrison's focus is on Customer satisfaction and it shows. They also value they managers work/life balance. They typically seek great talent, with helps you learn and grow with the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was the Residents we served.
Pros
Great oppertunity for a work/life balance
Extremely overworked and undercompensated staff.
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 9, 2016
Salary pay for 60 hours a week. Still no benefits after 105 days. The staff was friendly but the hours and lack of benefits were not worth it. I was looking for healthcare benefits not bonuses, company outings, and snacks. No 90 day reviews and no job security.
Pros
Donuts every Friday, Cardinals outing, free tickets to events
Cons
Benefits promised but not produced, no job security
Lots of good people to work with.
Catering Associate (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCJuly 5, 2016
A typical day at work is BUSY. it can be overwelming but is definetely fast-paced.
I have learned how to manage time very wisely and efficiantly. you learn to work well with others, and how to perform new tasks on a daily basis.
the management at morrison can be a little...sparatic. you are fending for yourself in most cases. but when they are avaliable they will try to help in almost anyway.
The coworkers are my favorite, I have gained a lot of new friends. you reallly have to work well with others, especially while working in a kitchen.
The hardest part of the job is lack of help when someone calls out or needs a replacement for the day, it is pretty much left up to about only 3 people to do it, because noone else will.
the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing patients, sometimes all the need is someone to talk to and although you cant spend much time in their room, they do see you quite a bit during the day.
Pros
30min.- 1 hr. UN interrupted lunches, knowing alot at my job
Cons
lack of employees, getting called in on day off or early ALOT!
love the work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 21, 2016
Great work environment, amazing management, love working with the public, a typical day at work is coming in and turning on everything and stocking up for the work day.
Great Benefits
Nutritional Advisor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GANovember 30, 2016
Great environment here and kind customers and great benefits. Unfortunately I was forced to leave this job because I was 2 years overdue on my annual evaluation.
The company could be better.
Kitchen lead (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 13, 2016
I think they should give better opportunity for growth and advancement. I feel that the HR staff is very unorganized, the policies change all the time without proper notification. The Directors need better training on how to handle the employees.
Very comparable place to work it
Food Service worker (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 15, 2016
Just want to continue working for Morrison or Compass group I'm trying to go to Tampa General hospital I should I say transfer, I enjoy working for comps and I'm looking to retire with the company I want to relocate so I'm hoping that they will hire me in Tampa I work now and the outtake area and I want to continue doing outtake are working on the food service line or I even try the deli
Pros
The food there is awesome that they allow us to have five dollars towards freaking lunch
Cons
I'm not sure what you want to me to explain
Hard work
Cater To You (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 17, 2016
This place was okay. A typical day at work was that you go to different floors and take orders for three meals. load the food cart with different diets. The management was okay, not great. the hardest part was pushing heavy food carts.
Pros
Discount lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Awesome work environment
cook (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 20, 2016
Always learned something new about the food service industry. Great company for advancement. Management staff was very informative and willing to teach and help.
Productive and helpful workplace
Entrepreneur (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 24, 2016
The teacher with this group is very understanding and flexible. She's helpful and if you don't understand something, she goes out of her way to help you. The group takes you in and treats you as if you're family and it is a very warm and welcoming workplace.
Worst Management Team Ever
Patient Services (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 12, 2017
They really dont care about the workers..I have never worked for such a horrible company..im ready to find better.I would not recommend this company to anyone
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No holiday pay
worst company to ever work for.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 6, 2017
Morrison wasn't understanding of the most traumatic events. They treated us as if we were robots. By far the worst company/job I've ever held. I was ready to get out on my first day.
The Values are not for the employees- awful in unit conditions
Nutrition Care Manager & Dietitian (Former Employee) –  PANovember 7, 2012
The Company has a strong emphasis on their values/culture and required a lot of training ongoing in this area. However this system is to be passed on to the customer/client/patient even at the expene of the employee. I suppose if you have a good unit, you may be well treated. My unit was run otherwise- overworked and manipulating. Just not possible to get the amount of work done and infringed upon personal time (no work/life balance)!!!!
The company's overall goals are positive but in unit management supersedes! HR is located in North Carolina and the director is your HR Rep which is not a good model!
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no breaks, too much work, minimum raises.
Productive and Educational work place
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Denver CoJanuary 21, 2016
Coworkers are great everyone works hard! Management is supportive. The hardest part of the job is working short staffed.
benefits
Cons
Midwest needs some serious help...
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IANovember 10, 2015
Corporate leadership in Chicago.....they talk to you like your a lesser form.of life. In some instances they don't talk at all to hourly employees . The arrogance is sickening....
I was in senior management, worked nearly a year with the company, had 9 kitchens 2 seperate campuses, and no training on my position, no training on any paper work, never attended any Morrison training of any type. I sure did get threatened and reprimanded over and over about my job needing improvement though! In fact I was put on a performance improvement plan without HR'S knowledge! How does one be put on an improvement plan that has never received proper training? I love compass and have a many friends that work at compass. However I have been left with some serious discontent on how they are allowed to treat others and get away with things like this just because they are corporate regional directors.
Pros
Decent salary, and medical benefits
Cons
Rude, unprofessional, corporate management. No training.
Family friendly
Production Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXJuly 1, 2016
Management tried accommodate family needs and employees wishes. Not everything can be helped, but they seemed to genuinely care for their associates.
Productive and fun workplace
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 7, 2016
The team was well trained worked as a team. The supervisors were caring and clear with their expectations. I enjoyed the opportunity to interact with the patients. The hardest part was if a patient died.
senior are nice but thats about it.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAAugust 24, 2016
Nothing good to say ... everyone has a different opinions about it just a regular day at work just doing the same thing pretty much every day same routine
Pros
free lunch if while at work
Cons
brakes suck
busy
Food Server (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 28, 2016
It's always busy. Keeping busy in the kitchens. Making sure the patients are served on time. Keeping the kitchens clean for the next meal service, throughout the day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morrison. Our community is ready to answer.