Morrison Employee Reviews in United States

Extremely overworked and undercompensated staff.
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 9, 2016
Salary pay for 60 hours a week. Still no benefits after 105 days. The staff was friendly but the hours and lack of benefits were not worth it. I was looking for healthcare benefits not bonuses, company outings, and snacks. No 90 day reviews and no job security.
Pros
Donuts every Friday, Cardinals outing, free tickets to events
Cons
Benefits promised but not produced, no job security
Great experience.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby, CTMay 27, 2016
this company was great to work for was a great experience especially for those looking to get summer jobs with good pay. Assisting with teaching young adults about professionalism in a corporate settings, team building, social media training and interview skill. Daily activities planned to help them become job ready
Pros
reasonable pay
Cons
got paid weeks after the session was over
Hard work
Cater To You (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 17, 2016
This place was okay. A typical day at work was that you go to different floors and take orders for three meals. load the food cart with different diets. The management was okay, not great. the hardest part was pushing heavy food carts.
Pros
Discount lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Lots of good people to work with.
Catering Associate (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCJuly 5, 2016
A typical day at work is BUSY. it can be overwelming but is definetely fast-paced.
I have learned how to manage time very wisely and efficiantly. you learn to work well with others, and how to perform new tasks on a daily basis.
the management at morrison can be a little...sparatic. you are fending for yourself in most cases. but when they are avaliable they will try to help in almost anyway.
The coworkers are my favorite, I have gained a lot of new friends. you reallly have to work well with others, especially while working in a kitchen.
The hardest part of the job is lack of help when someone calls out or needs a replacement for the day, it is pretty much left up to about only 3 people to do it, because noone else will.
the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing patients, sometimes all the need is someone to talk to and although you cant spend much time in their room, they do see you quite a bit during the day.
Pros
30min.- 1 hr. UN interrupted lunches, knowing alot at my job
Cons
lack of employees, getting called in on day off or early ALOT!
Poor hours and a lot of work for short time to finish
Dish washer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 27, 2016
Very poor job , fast pace job and dont work with school schedule. Something they should do for the minimum wage they only pay.
Pros
Breakfast
Cons
Poor hours, wont work with school
Contract was done cutting too many hours from budget
Patient Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 17, 2016
Hiring qualified applicants is the hardest part of the job. The team is the best part of the job and always negativity from senior management and upper management of contract.
Pros
people
Cons
applicant base
Awesome Company
Catering/Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 11, 2016
Absolutely a top notch A+ organization with great on the job training and support. Ability for advancement is great you can always find open jobs through there job site
Family friendly
Production Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXJuly 1, 2016
Management tried accommodate family needs and employees wishes. Not everything can be helped, but they seemed to genuinely care for their associates.
Large company
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 13, 2016
Much opportunity to grow within the company, systems were easy to use and standards were very clear to follow. I met and worked with some quality individuals during this time.
Learned so much.
Starbucks Manager subway manager (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXApril 7, 2016
I learned so much at this job it was my very first one. I learned al postions. Deli, bakery, decorating cakes, produce, floral. It was one of the best places I've ever worked.
Nutrition Care Manager
Nutrition care manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 8, 2016
Loved my residents and ability to touch their lives both clincically and the ability to influence the diets and making sure they were getting the diets I prescribed. The healthcare team was awesome and adopted me into their family.

Always ask about how many hours you're expected to work. I assumed it would be ~40 hrs a week based upon the recruiter's conversation, as I was payed just a little higher than a clinical dietitian, but turned out to be a minimum of 50hrs/week. Expect to work late and cover shifts of diet aids, do dishes, and have your menu changed constantly, and come in on your days off. The work-life-balance did not happen. It is also very difficult having a dining service director be your boss, and no healthcare professional over you who knows and understands your work load. The expectations are unreasonable for the salary. It felt more like being a foodservice supervisor on the line than a dietitian manager.
Pros
Good clinical and management experience.
Cons
No work-life balance. Morrison Community living is a business, so they will always choose the account over you.
Awesome work environment
cook (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 20, 2016
Always learned something new about the food service industry. Great company for advancement. Management staff was very informative and willing to teach and help.
No easy work.
Lead Customers Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 31, 2016
A local call center business. High level of stress job that very rewarding. Team work is their best training tool. Family owned.
Food Service
Food Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAApril 16, 2016
Greet customers, present the food to customers, always thank them. Sometimes cook the necessary food. Follow the rules. must have the proper shoes
its and okay job it pays the bills
Food & nutrition Services (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 13, 2016
The advancement is not encouraged also the raises are very little and the managers do look down on you when you try to advance
good place to work.
Machine operator/ Kit Asembler (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAMarch 14, 2016
good place to work. I would like to have a chance for more money. I also would like to work more hours. I also need benefits.
Pros
gives me work skills
Cons
not enough money
Opportunity
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Morrison gave me many opportunities, also led me down a informational job to learning more and more. Gave me freedom to help and manage places. Working same ours and conquering all that was needed
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Pay
Exciting challenge everyday
Senior Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 23, 2015
I had the pleasure of serving the general population of Fairfield county in the manner of teaching and training. Its amazing to see day to day transformation in peoples lives based on the materials and classroom management we used to help educate from the high-school population to adulthood.

The Morrison group won company of the year and program partner of the year for 3 years consecutively based on our performance with and evaluation from the workplace Inc, staff and clients.
Pros
exceptional stable place to work
Cons
no health care insurance coverage
food service
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 1, 2016
CLOCK IN , GET STARTED ON MY DAILY ROUTINE food server, cafeteria worker, cleaning,MOPPING,cooking, serving to patients
Productive and Educational work place
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Denver CoJanuary 21, 2016
Coworkers are great everyone works hard! Management is supportive. The hardest part of the job is working short staffed.
benefits