Morrison Employee Reviews

good place to work.
Machine operator/ Kit Asembler (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAMarch 14, 2016
good place to work. I would like to have a chance for more money. I also would like to work more hours. I also need benefits.
Pros
gives me work skills
Cons
not enough money
food service
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 1, 2016
CLOCK IN , GET STARTED ON MY DAILY ROUTINE food server, cafeteria worker, cleaning,MOPPING,cooking, serving to patients
Opportunity
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Morrison gave me many opportunities, also led me down a informational job to learning more and more. Gave me freedom to help and manage places. Working same ours and conquering all that was needed
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Pay
Exciting challenge everyday
Senior Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 23, 2015
I had the pleasure of serving the general population of Fairfield county in the manner of teaching and training. Its amazing to see day to day transformation in peoples lives based on the materials and classroom management we used to help educate from the high-school population to adulthood.

The Morrison group won company of the year and program partner of the year for 3 years consecutively based on our performance with and evaluation from the workplace Inc, staff and clients.
Pros
exceptional stable place to work
Cons
no health care insurance coverage
Productive and Educational work place
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Denver CoJanuary 21, 2016
Coworkers are great everyone works hard! Management is supportive. The hardest part of the job is working short staffed.
benefits
Morrison
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLDecember 12, 2015
Great Company and excellent management; great opportunities
co workers are amazing, very proffesional
the most enjoyable part is to be able to serve the patients and provide a happy environment
Midwest needs some serious help...
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IANovember 10, 2015
Corporate leadership in Chicago.....they talk to you like your a lesser form.of life. In some instances they don't talk at all to hourly employees . The arrogance is sickening....
I was in senior management, worked nearly a year with the company, had 9 kitchens 2 seperate campuses, and no training on my position, no training on any paper work, never attended any Morrison training of any type. I sure did get threatened and reprimanded over and over about my job needing improvement though! In fact I was put on a performance improvement plan without HR'S knowledge! How does one be put on an improvement plan that has never received proper training? I love compass and have a many friends that work at compass. However I have been left with some serious discontent on how they are allowed to treat others and get away with things like this just because they are corporate regional directors.
Pros
Decent salary, and medical benefits
Cons
Rude, unprofessional, corporate management. No training.
pay
C.A.(Server) (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 17, 2015
The pay was beyond excellent, but management lacked on communication. I would like to go back to this company as long as rules and regulations are followed by ALL team members
Career Goals
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 20, 2015
Pursuing a position In Workforce that allows me to use my abilities and skills gained. I am very dependable and professional worker with a thirst for knowledge and a strong desire to develop new skills.
Food and Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GASeptember 20, 2015
Its a good place to work and the majority of the employees are wonderful to work with. It is a place that takes a while to move up in but they do try to promote from within.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Short breaks or so they seem to us.
unorganized with knew takeover.
Nutrition Aide (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GASeptember 19, 2015
Thought it was going to be great , once again management failed. big time Didn't stick to their word. Nothing good came about transition.
Pros
job security
Cons
less breaks not keeping their word. once again.
The day at Morrison
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 13, 2015
A typical day at work was to start the process of rolling up silverware, matting trays, and mixing CIB. I learned a lot about different personalities, diets, and even becoming a night supervisor. Management was very unstable while working there they went through 3 different managers so things were always flexible. My coworkers were very helpful with my training. There wasn't any hard parts of my day. I love to make all my patient smile and even the nurses and doctors too.
Pros
Long Break
Cons
No healthcare Pay for lunches
Great training programs
Director of Food and Nutrition Services (Current Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 5, 2015
Great company to work for, with more training than any other company I have worked for. Lots of opportunities to grow!
Communication can be slow in some divisions, but overall the company appreciates talent and hard work.
Productive and Fun to work at.
Server and Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 12, 2015
I learned the essential tasks on becoming an exceptional server to satisfy the needs of the residents. The enjoyable part of the job is working with team members who are willing to help to ensure the productivity of the facility.
Pros
Free Lunch, Benefits, Nice People, Great Atmosphere, Professional Demeanor
Cons
once a year we have a picnic and get a lot of free gifts from the hospitas, and Morrinson give a Christmas party with gifts and a luchen.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Gadsden AlJuly 8, 2015
I organize paper work look for allergies, Build trays and delivery to patients room in a timely manner, I train other hostess that come to work for our hospital, If you are nice and have a smile, people can over look if you forget to bring their coke or coffee, I am older than all my coworkers but I get along with all of them. They teach me and I teach them. We work 12 hour shifts and we are like family including management, I would say the hardest part is when some one calls off we have to work more than one floor, The most enjoyable part of my job is the week-ends our manager bring lunch and we all eat in the Mirror room, and do our paper work and roll silverware. I enjoy December, because I get the biggest check at the end of the year for missing the least amount of days.
Pros
discout on Hotels and rent a cars christmas bonus at end of year/
Cons
12 hour shifts, we did do 8 hrs shifts
Being productive in order to get jobs done with in the time lines
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 27, 2015
Meeting with Builders, Homeowners & Contractors for New Homes & Remodeling. Meeting & Maintaining Budgets. Having job completion with in timelines and satisfied homeowners.
Pros
satified customers meeting their needs and budgets
Cons
time mangagement
teamwork
Prep (Current Employee) –  Templeton, CAFebruary 7, 2015
I learned every day that if you work in a team work is better that work by yourself because all my co-workers and I have a good time at work and better productivity.
The hardest part of the job is when the account of patients get high because is more rush.
The most enjoyable part of the job is because I love it, and I would like to find another job like this but with better pay and benefits.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
short breaks and expencive benefits
Excellent work/life balance
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PaAugust 25, 2015
Very good place to work if you enjoy people and are looking for a good balance between work and personal life. It is like a family atmosphere.
Great knowledge gaining job
Patient Chef (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 24, 2015
Having the opportunity to work in a healthcare related food service job was a new challenge. It was great to learn about different dietary standards and grow into a better chef
Excellent workplace
Utility Porter (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 21, 2015
Great workplace with a variety of different opportunities to buildup in different positions to meet the same needs for patients.
Pros
Lunch Program for employees
Benefits