Morristown Medical Center Employee Reviews

Excellent Acute care experience provided
Senior Charge Nurse/Preceptor/Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Morristown, NJJune 26, 2015
Pros: Recognition and support is very uplifting
Unique med-surge experince. It keeps the mind of the nurses working in this unit active and up to date with the challenges of medicine.
a very good learning experience
Clinical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Morristown, NJJune 17, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: na
Order and process incoming blood samples and body fluids
 Answering phones, fax test results to doctors and different departments
 Label specimens, aliquot samples as required and distribute them to different department
 Maintaining a well-stocked, clean and neat workplace
 File requisition, track and store blood samples
 Sterilization of instrument and workplace
 Maintain and prepare Laboratory procedure manuals to comply with CAP survey requirements for Laboratory accreditation
Highly Productive
Unit Representative (Former Employee), Morristown, NJMarch 10, 2015
Pros: great management
Cons: have to work regardless of bad weather or holidays
A typical day is usually very busy. Positive, dynamic environment allows for a great learning environment. You get to rub shoulders with highly motivated and educated co-workers and you get to learn something new everyday.
Fun workplace.
Certified pharmacy technician (Current Employee), Morristown, NJFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: helping people when they are frustrated with their health.
Cons: loosing patients.
I love my job and I regret having to leave!

While employed with Morristown Medical, I was trained in Critical Care Units, i.e., Oncology, Neonatal, Pediatrics.

I feel the top level management goals have made Morristown Medical one of the top rated hospitals. This is another reason I regret having to leave.

Departmental management has always been upfront and fair. I have found that my co-workers over the years have been extremely knowledgeable and care about the job as much as I do.

The hardest part of the job is sometimes the shift work can be a challenge in balancing work and life.

The most enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers and people I have met through my employment with Morristown Medical.
Very productive, efficient and loving work environment
Unit Representative and Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Morristown, NJJanuary 12, 2015
I have worked at Morristown Medical Center for all four years of college. I work during the summers and winter breaks and am always welcomed back with open arms. A typical day at work consists mainly of secretarial tasks such as entering physician orders into the computer for patients, keeping track of paperwork/charts, communicating with other departments throughout the hospital for doctors/patients, etc. The nurses and doctors I work with are wonderful. They are all very respectful and gracious as is the management.
Good Team work and high morale among nurses
Registered Nurse, BSN (Current Employee), Morristown, NJNovember 12, 2014
Pros: continuing education 5000/year, abel to finished masters degree
Cons: not able to take days off on requested days
Management encourages you to pursue and continue clinical ladder to a master's or DNP level.

Team work is the best and a magnet recognized hospital.
I learn a lot of evidence base practice information.
Quality Service
Clinician (Current Employee), New JerseyOctober 24, 2014
A typical day is filled with professionalism and quality care. My patients bring joy to my job, but the politics is where i struggle.
Fast paced department
Unit Educator (Current Employee), Morristown, NJOctober 1, 2014
Pros: self scheduling
Cons: lack of breaks frequently
Fast paced department, pleasant coworkers.
The schedule is flexible with only 3 weekend days a schedule.
One of the best hospitals to work for in New Jersey
Vascular Technologist (Current Employee), Morristown, NJAugust 31, 2014
Morristown medical center is a great place to work. It is considered one of the best hospitals in all of new jersey.
a great learning experience
Unit Representative (Current Employee), Morristown, NJJuly 9, 2014
Pros: learning from very qualified health care professionals
Cons: working on holidays and weekends
A typical day consists of dealing with multiple tasks under time constriction, therefore, keeping yourself calm under pressure can do wonders.
Time management, working under pressure, dealing with people during their most vulnerable moments, and working with other health care professionals can not only teach you great work ethics but also helps improve you as a person.
BEST HOSPITAL IN NEW JERSEY
Certified Pharmacy Technician III (CPhT) (Current Employee), Morristown, NJJune 28, 2014
Morristown Medical Center is the best hospital to work for in New Jersey
Management is unfair and often non-existent
Business Coordinator (Former Employee), Morristown, NJApril 26, 2014
During my nine years with this company my job description changed approximately nine times and there was no support from management. There were three different managers during my tenure and I do not feel I had support.
Forthcoming
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Morristown, NJMarch 1, 2014
My work experience was primarily focused on intensive care units with pulmonary disorders.
management
Support Specialist I (Current Employee), Morristown, NJJanuary 20, 2014
the organization is good to its employee but management can be some problems
a typical day
Support Specialist I (Current Employee), Morristown, NJJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: close to home, i enjoy the hospital environment
Cons: only pd
My daily essential Functions includes:
Provides primary technical end user support of personal computer workstations and associated peripherals. This may include diagnosis and troubleshooting of all organizational software, hardware and Operating Systems. . My hours may be modified at the discretion of Client Services Management as necessary to provide 24/7 customer support.
Other functions include Knowledge of the Windows Operating Systems Working knowledge of healthcare terminology Repair, maintenance, instillation of computer hardware and related equipment. The skills required for this type of position include problem solving and communication skillswith all members of the IT support team and medical personnel.
Foundation for MMC was very rewarding
Administrative Assistant to Director and Manager (Former Employee), Morristown, NJDecember 10, 2013
Pros: great group of friends and co-workers
Cons: policies and procedures were not always adhered to
Majority of 26 employees were terrific, learned a lot, retired and moved to Jersey Shore
This could have been a great job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Morristown, NJNovember 11, 2013
Pros: coworkers
Cons: management
coworkers where supportive and did everything they could to assist me in this position. Management needed training. General atmosphere was tense and staffed worked in fear of managements next outburst.
It is a great hopsital to work for.
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee), Morristown, NJNovember 7, 2013
There are great health benefits. There are many educational programs available to advance yourself.
Productive and Fun work place
PD Unit Representative (Former Employee), Morristown, NJOctober 29, 2013
I took care of 2 units the Acute and Chronic side. As soon as I got in I would have to update the inpatient list, make 5 copies (for Social worker, Manager ,1 for charge nurse of acute and 1 for chronic charge nurse). Call transport make sure that we're in the same page with patients arrive date and time. Then I call dietary and make sure that we're in the same page as well and everybody receive there breakfast, and lastly I call the patients floor to make sure that the patient is ready to come up to Hemo and theirs no changes (like doctors orders, tests, or their physical states). Once that is all done we have a mini meeting with both charge nurses, social worker, and manager or supervisor letting them know what patients expired, what patients were admitted, or discharge. If I have any complications with patient refusing to get treatment, eating, patients have no orders for treatment this is the time I bring it up. I check the patients attendance make sure everybody showed up otherwise I call home or nursing home just to make sure there ok, and if they say that they over slept and I have a open slot, then I will explain to the charge nurse the reason why patient missed appointment and ask if it would be ok to put the patient in that slot. Enter all doctors orders for patients and print out labels prepare baggies with tubes and labels, drop blood specimen to the lab, pick blood from blood bank for transfusion, go to pharmacy for medication (only if volunteers wen't available). Update the states and charge for treatment. If patient was from another facility and was getting treatment – more... in our unit I would print a form and fill it out with the patients original treatment facility and put it in front of chart so when the patient would get discharge the floor could fax the facility the discharge paperwork. Check for patient results that the doctor ordered. Order dietary and transport for tomorrow patients that are admitted. Fill paperwork, Put charts away, if patient was discharge I dismantal the chart. Call doctor's office for updated History and Physical. Get transplant paperwork and tubes ready for draw, call company for more containers, and much much more. But I loved working there being busy is a good thing it makes time fly. – less
Fun place to work
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), Morristown, NJOctober 14, 2013
As a Phlebotomist, you will collect blood from various wards of the hospital. you will collect blood from elderly people and children. the shifts start early in the morning from 5 AM or 3 AM.