Morristown Medical Center Employee Reviews

What I learned
Nurse- Pre-Post-Op (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJAugust 13, 2017
They do not advance nurses that have many years of experience because they don't want to pay them?.. So in turn they lose great nurses, with great experience...just to save some money. Whenever they want to save money.. it always seems the Nurses are the ones who get targeted ...either they don't give us the hours, or the don't give us the position's we apply for and in turn advancement, but they will keep the Nurses, that don't work.
In the mean time they are letting go of really good, experienced nurses ........short sighted if you ask me
Pros
Really nice location
Cons
Inexperience managers
Very good Medical Center
Per Diem Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJAugust 10, 2017
Very large, hectic medical facility; also regional trauma center and major teaching facility. The Emergency Department is very and constantly busy averaging more than 200 patients daily.
Pros
hourly rate
Cons
short breaks
No opportunity for advancement
PACU Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJAugust 8, 2017
No opportunity for advancement. Many managers don't actually work and help. They constantly ask you to work or help extra hours. There is no growth. You do learn a lot from doctor's and other staff and good collaboration.
take everyday as a blessing
Environmental Aide (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJJuly 13, 2017
great place to work but if you very sensitive to how people speak and act stay to your self they is a small hint of racism there so also be ready for that thank you for your time
Pros
you will find out
Cons
where to start
Great hospital with lots of opportunity to change job internally
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJJuly 9, 2017
Great hospital but the unit I work is very stressful and fast paced unit. I would like to advance my nursing skills and if possible job with weekends and holidays off.
Pros
Many areas to move around. Stable company
Cons
Nurse per patient ratio, too many restriction on time paid off, stressful, night shift
Good place to work and keep to yourself
Unit Representative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJune 30, 2017
It is a good place to work but don't trust the people that work there. Focus on your job and complete it to the best of your ability. Don't trust NO ONE.
great place to work!
Registered Nurse, Surgical access unit (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJJune 16, 2017
I love working at Morristown. It makes me feel at home. Everyone is so warm and welcoming! I look forward to the days I have to work. Patient care is seen very seriously there and everyone puts their heart and soul into their work. I am very proud of my employer.
Great place to work and gain experience
STUDENT INTERN (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJune 10, 2017
I enjoyed interning with the community health center. I was with a health educator so I was able to gain confidence on public speaking. I also worked with the public health nurse and gained a lot of experience in that field.
Great internship experience
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJune 2, 2017
Had an excellent internship experience at Morristown Medical Center Excellent staff working well together to help patients. A great place to learn the ropes if given the opportunity.
None (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJJune 1, 2017
it is a great place to work at people are so friendly and like to helop out when is needed it great working for a big company like atlantic health systems
Depending on group you work for
Physician (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 20, 2017
Too much volume assigned to physicians
Understaffed
Unorganized
Poorly trained er residents and er attendings
Poor leadership and scheduling
Compensation is often manipulated
Pto is rarely granted even if contractually obligated
Worst scheduling ive ever seen in an institution.
Pros
clean hospital, good nursing and ancillary staff
Cons
Unmanageable volumes, dishonest payroll, poor management, poor scheduling, poor leadership
Good place to work but limited promotional options
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 15, 2017
Senior management at MMC and with AHS is very good as is the overall culture. Everything is patient focused which includes the care and feeding of employees.

Biggest overall issue has been staffing all across the board. Years back there were major labor cutbacks due to various economic and patient volumes. Unfortunately the volume of patients in the hospital and ER has gone way up over the years and each department is dealing with overwork and overstress issues.

With all the past cutbacks there are fewer opportunities to advance as you are waiting for someone to retire. But often the position is then split among existing staff.
Pros
Excellent work environment from the top down.
Cons
Short staffing, pressure to get more and more done.
UNIT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJApril 22, 2017
Good place to work, There is room for advancement in certain areas. Decent pay and benefits. Very busy. 100% patient orientated. Hours are flexible.
Pros
good place to work
Busy Tele floor
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJApril 18, 2017
I work on a busy telemetry floor. It can be stressful at times but some days are good and some days are not so good. Overall, it is a pleasant experience working at Morristown.
is a fun and safety place to work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJApril 4, 2017
the day is always busy with a new challenge to learn something new regarding how to take care patients,
the company always keep update with new learning skills and equipment
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  GeneralistMarch 24, 2017
Collaborate with peers and physician staff to improve the patient experience. Able to utilize my skills in various aspects of nursing in order to decrease nursing workload on various floors.
Pros
patient centered care, employee focused
Cons
becoming very "corporate" in nature
Great work environment
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJMarch 20, 2017
Great learning experience for an intern and greta place to continue a future career. New construction makes the vibe more comfortable and light and all staff members are ready to work and help out others in need.
Nice place to work
Secretary/Technician (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJMarch 19, 2017
Busy place but a nice place to work get to know the people you work with, patient care is amazing here it's my favorite part of the job hard part being on your feet majority of the shift
Good culture within my practice but overall culture is quite different
Adult Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  435 South Street, Morristown, NJFebruary 9, 2017
I have been employed by Morristown Medical Center now owned by Atlantic Health for the past 9 plus years. Through that time, I have seen a lot of changes in management, administration, and overall company structure. Atlantic Health is trying to remain competitive amongst other hospital systems while trying to also meet their bottomline. They are now a major corporation and the small hospital feel of Morristown Memorial Hospital has fallen away.

That being said, my geriatric practice still maintain the family like culture that once made Morristown Memorial Hospital an outstanding place to work. I am very fortunate to work with competent and compassionate colleagues both physicians and nurse practitioners alike. I have had wonderful mentoring and training and have evolved from a bedside RN to a Geriatric NP.
Pros
Outstanding work colleagues, good benefits
Cons
Poor compensation for NPs
Hospital
Coordinator, Program Management (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJanuary 24, 2017
Healthcare patient care in compliance with internal, legal, State, Federal.
Work very well with all the departments starting from patient care to finance.
Enjoyed working with the new technology projects and acquired new skills.
Pros
Standard set goals
Cons
block dates for vacation