Mortenson Construction Employee Reviews

Safety and family culture very good at Mortenson
Quality Control Inspector-Foreman (Former Employee) –  Lemoore, CASeptember 21, 2016
Very good on safety and building a family culture !! Training very good before getting out to job sight !! Working hard and possible advancement up the ladder if doing a great job !!
Pros
High on safety culture
Cons
Communication between Supervisors and Foremans needs improvement
work long hours
Line Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Ida Grove, IASeptember 12, 2016
Company is very concerned with Safety. Do work long hours. Pay could be a little better and more employees are needed. Traveling is a must
good company to work for
QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Milford Ut.September 2, 2016
Management was easy to work with. Started out doing bend and stretch. Then head out to job site. Complete JRS and start work.
Pros
good work enviorment
Cons
Job never lasted long enough.promised to be sent to next job never happened.
Will discuss on request.
Project Clerk/Physical Security for Base Access (Former Employee) –  Kings Bay, GASeptember 2, 2016
• Physical Security working with NAVFAC, SWFLANT, NSB Base Security, JPass and RAPIDGate for NCIC background checks, and badging for multiple subcontract employees for Naval Submarine Base, Kings Bay, GA. Obtain job related vehicle, camera and radio passes.
• Work with personnel to compile (and track) all information needed for their FAD investigation to the NSB Security Officer into JPass to obtain security clearance for Kings Bay Sub Base.
• File and maintain written and electronic documentation and correspondence.
• Responsible for maintaining Spec & Drawings distribution with NDA’s.
• Establish and coordinate vendors and suppliers, (including equipment rentals).
• Provide maps and directions for visitors to the site; new employees, delivery personnel.

Please contact for additional information.
Best of the best
Journeyman Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 30, 2016
They are the biggest and best contractor for a reason. Best management and safety oriented company. Big opportunity to grow and advance.
Wind turbines
Certified Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Geuda Springs, KSAugust 23, 2016
I took my first wind turbine job with Mortenson in 2015. I became a forklift operator. I loved it!! I enjoyed getting up and going to work everyday. I loved everyone I worked with.
nice place to work
Electrician (Former Employee) –  McCamey, TXAugust 23, 2016
this is a company that cares about employees safety. the superiors are well train and respectful. Safety celebrations are issue on a monthly basis, raffles with good prizes are given if everyone works on a safely on a daily routine.
productive fun workplace
Welder (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 11, 2016
one of the best companies that I have ever worked for, great work culture and quality craftsmanship and great safety culture
Day to Day
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 10, 2016
Make sure the job site is cleaned and organized to the day. Help with what ever needs to be done for the day and to ensure safety regulations are met
Operations
Operator/Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTAugust 1, 2016
Everything was ran pretty smoothly. Managment was decent and polite. We stretched every morning to take care of our bodies. We stated guidelines in the morning to assist us in remembering them through out the day.
Fast paced outdoor job
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 16, 2016
This position taught me a lot about construction sites, tools, heavy machinery. It was also a great position that built my strength physically. It was an all year job, so it taught me how to prepare myself in winter and summer as far as dress codes, eating habits.
Safe and efficient company.
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Milford, UTJuly 1, 2016
Good place to work. very safe and friendly environment. Easy to express ideas. they do construction all over the U.S. Lots of rules and regulations.
Safe enviorment
Operator (Former Employee) –  Ft. Stockton, TXMay 12, 2016
My time at Mortenson, safety was the last thing on my mind. I didnt have to worry. The safety program is well organized, always ensuring the well being of all employees.
safety is number 1
Journeyman Brick Layer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 11, 2016
very safety minded good equipment fair in all aspects foreman's are fair and help whenever asked all around good people in all departments
safety and training first
Heavy equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 15, 2016
Mortenson always hires qualified staff and employees.They made sure you had the right training for your job.Good equipment and tools
Pros
there safety team is second to none
Cons
layoffs at no fault of there own
Poor Management
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Plainview, TXApril 2, 2016
I have worked for this company going on 2 years. Never have I ever called in sick, not shown up for work or take my rotation. However, this time around I needed my rotation to take a class to better me as an employee. The day after my class was over I was laid off. Although the employee that hit a truck with his forklift is still working. I have called all supervisors and contacts for each and every job to see if they needed me and have been told No not at this time. But learning in the process, the guy that got drunk and quit his job, has been hired back and working, the guys that were still working this recent job and not laid off have been transferred to these other jobs. The guys that say they are not going to one job but end up being sent to another job, all the while I have called all of these jobs and have been told nothing going on till May or so. I have now been laid off for 2 months and have been faithful in calling to get back to work and still keep finding this to be the situation
Cons
Loyalty and communications.
Wonderful place to work!
Client Devices Intern (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNMarch 24, 2016
I worked for Mortenson as an intern and I loved every minute of it. Even though it was a labor-intensive job without a lot of variation to what I did from day to day (which was perfectly fine, I knew what I was getting into when I took the job) I looked forward to coming in to work every day. The people are wonderful, and the way the company is run is fabulous.
Pros
Cafeteria, Coworkers, benefits
Thoroughly a FIVE Star Company!
Electrical Crewleader (Former Employee) –  McCamey, TXMarch 22, 2016
This company's number one priority is safety! They received a well deserved recognition award for it. They have excellent and hard working management leaders, great compensation and benefits!
Satisfying workplace, very professional.
Laborer/Operator (Current Employee) –  Stamford, TXFebruary 24, 2016
Overall satisfying company to work for. Able to work and improve your position quickly along with receiving certifications while employed.
Will do well if you work hard
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 15, 2016
If you put in the work with this company you can go far, but you have to be willing to drive for hours if you are transferred to another jobsite.

4.2