Mortenson Construction Employee Reviews

Very unorganized and not enough work
Traveling Wind Technician (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 17, 2017
Traveled the United States, and this company was very unorganized, didn't have the tools to do the job, and paychecks were short or couldn't cash because they didn't get the direct deposit set up correctly.
Cons
Producrive and fun work enviornment
Handyman (Former Employee) –  Uvalde, TXAugust 14, 2017
Mortenson is a great company to work for. Their safety requirements are great. The staff and company are encouraging and positive. They constantly give you breaks and keep you hydrated
Always have work
Laborer Worker (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 9, 2017
They are never without work, you will get 40 hours even in the winter. They take care of their employees. However, they don't always give you a chance to grow.
Great place to work.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Based out of Minneapolis, MNJuly 29, 2017
Great place to work. Work is fun, work is hard. Sometimes working long hours. Don't get paid when its bad weather. Promised one thing and given another.
Cool place
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Uvalde, TXJuly 24, 2017
It's good to start with the company when there is nothing else or jobs don't want to hire anyone this company will and won't let u down that's the thing there there about family
Pros
Good food
Cons
Safety first
cutthroat in the solar field
Mechanical solar construction (Former Employee) –  McCamey, TXJuly 18, 2017
Although I liked my position and my pay I will have to say in the solar construction area of mortenson construction management sucks. Moving up the ladder unfortunately is not based on merit of hard work but more on whom your friends or relatives with or whom your sleeping with and God forbid you shine in your position and make someone look bad, you then become a target for termination.

I was a victim of retaliation by my own team supervisor and HR totally backed up the vindictiveness.

If you need to make a decent amount of money in a short amount of time you can do that here. However, just stay focused on getting paid because the amount of incompetent people that move up due solely to whom they know or having relations with will leave you shaking your head on a daily basis.
Pros
decent pay, great OT and benefits
Cons
retaliation, horrible on field management and horrible HR complaint department
I enjoyed the experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Ida Grove, IAJuly 17, 2017
I enjoyed working on the satellite location for the wind farm construction. I learned a lot and enjoyed the people I worked with. We had fun events such as softball games and going to the local pool.
Lots of work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mc Camey, TXJuly 10, 2017
Better hydrate yourself, the weather can really affect the way you work. These guys are big on safety, which shows how much they care about their employees.
Very good company to work for
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  O'Neill, NE, primghar iowaJuly 10, 2017
Love this company love how safety is number one love how you feel like a family ! Benefits early good company work for just love them and all around way
Great company.
Carpenter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 9, 2017
Job was fun just for the pure fact of it being construction. People were always a job to be around because we always made the days fun. Boss's were enjoyable to be around and work was always fun.
great
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, SCJune 22, 2017
Great company to work for. I learned a lot of different things while working with this company and I also learned about the bussiness of solar power. great experience with great people.
Mortenson was great to me as temporary worker
Electrician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 21, 2017
I had a great experience working for Mortenson as a temporary Electrician. The pay was excellent and I had time off when needed. Would work for them again!
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Some Supervisors hard to deal with
nice work environment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Rosamond, CAJune 18, 2017
It was a pleasure to work for Mortenson Construction. A very nice work environment. Very good leadership at Mortenson. They provided a very safe work environment for their employers.
Good company but you better be willing to sweat
Rigger/Operator (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 13, 2017
Awesome company with awesome pay and benefits room for advancement and pay incentives to improve solid management and awesome employees to work around I really enjoyed the couple of projects I was on
A good company to work with they treat people's like their family
Forman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTMay 17, 2017
I've been work for them almost 2years, they are not bad company or people to work with, but anyway I get promoted so easily to become a Forman to work hard and be example for my go workers..
Pros
Sometimes we get free lunches..
Cons
We have EMT to takecare our go worker
Great people to be around with and work with. Great safety culture
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brackettville, TX and Uvalde txMay 12, 2017
Was always treated fairly. I loved working around all the people there. Foremans were always showing that they cared for everyones safety and well being. On and off the job also. Would love to be a part of this team again
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not enough daylight time to work
productive and fun enviornment
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Milford, UTApril 21, 2017
I really enjoyed working with Mortenson for the most part. The people you work with become like family because you are with each other so often. I learned allot while being there as well. if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have never got to achieve the operating skills that I have. the hardest part of the job would have to be getting through the week. long hours and 6 days a week but in the end it was definitely worth it!
Pros
Hours, benifits, meeting new people
Cons
personal pay
Excellent work environment big on safety
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 21, 2017
I really enjoyed working with this company, the atmosphere was always pleasant, the foreman were vert helpful and attentive. I learned a lot of valuable skills while working with this company.
Pros
Big on the safety of their employees
Hours were good but no compensation for workers or work environment
Operator (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTApril 20, 2017
Working for mortenson was good for hours and money but very biased when it comes to workers opinions or resolving problems throughout management. I felt like everyone was against each other to build relationships with management in order to get promotions.
Na
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  TxApril 20, 2017
You meet alot of people everyone helps out eachother brother and sister keeper.you learn alot of different things .you also learn about safety alot. Hazards you have alot of opportunities to learn different. Kind of jobs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mortenson Construction. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2