Mortgage Advisory Group is a highly successful, full circle mortgage broker and banker leader in the Pacific Northwest. Our top-notch customer service is the core of our outstanding reputation in the mortgage industry. We pride ourselves on extensive knowledge of mortgage loan programs as well as our state-of-the-art business processes, facility and equipment that help us deliver high-value services, quickly and accurately. At the heart of Mortgage Advisory Group is our team of mortgage professionals, everyone of them empowered, well-trained and equipped to provide world-class service. We don't rest on our laurels, though. We're always on the lookout for improvements, implementing changes wisely wherever they're warranted. From our senior leadership to our new recruits, we're dedicated to serving our client's needs today, and for years to come.
Join Our Team! Mortgage Advisory Group has an immediate opening for a highly motivated, top quality candidate for the position of Quality Control Manager.
Under the supervision of the VP of Compliance, the Quality Control (QC) Manager plans, coordinates, and directs a quality control program designed to monitor MAG’s employee’s execution of company procedures and policies in addition to measuring compliance with and application of established regulations and applicable lending-related laws. The QC Manager will manage the Company’s designated Loan Quality Control contractor who performs an independent review and risk based assurance relative to the Government Sponsored Enterprises’ Loan Quality Initiative (GSE LQI) program created by Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, and VA. This person will supervise QC personnel, to ensure that all aspects of the Company’s QC Program are achieved and conform to the requirements of the GSE LQI. A high level of confidentiality and integrity must be maintained as well as independence from MAG production staff in order to achieve objectivity in audit conclusions and recommendations.
- Develop and maintain the Company’s QC Program in accordance with Federal Regulations, State Laws, and Secondary Marketing Guidelines.
- Manage the pre-funding and post-funding QC audits that are performed by the Loan Quality Control contractor ensuring that QC testing sampling results represent at least a 95% confidence level and plus or minus 5% precision rate.
- Develop and manage a quarterly audit that tests the quality and reliability of the Loan Quality Control contractor’s third party review. This audit will include a 10% sampling of the loans reviewed as well as mortgage loan documentation including: collateral value, borrower identity and eligibility, credit worthiness, capacity and debt-income ratio calculations, assets and reserves, completeness and correctness of documentation, data integrity, and regulatory compliance.
- Manage and maintain the exception tracking reports received from the Loan Quality Control contractor’s third party review as well as the quarterly audit testing for follow-up of loan documentation, compliance, and underwriting policy exceptions. This includes disseminating the findings report to the appropriate department for management response while ensuring that management responses contain corrective action that is specific and measureable.
- Manage the reporting relationship with secondary marketing investors by ensuring an appropriate review is conducted periodically in conformity with secondary market guidelines.
- Manage day-to-day QC operations including motivating, coaching, and evaluating assigned staff.
- Manage the preparation of reports and correspondence to management that will be held on a monthly basis. Such reports will include analysis of violations of regulation, errors, omissions, non-compliance with investor guidelines or underwriter conditions.
- Manage the HUD Neighborhood Watch data.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all company policies, government regulations, investor guidelines, and compliance requirements involving residential mortgage lending. Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of different loan types used in residential mortgage lending.
- Monitor pending or proposed changes to rules, regulations, or laws with regards to GSE LQI initiatives and disseminate information to management.
- Research laws and regulations when special requests or unique circumstances arise.
- Participate in compliance training and continuing education to maintain proficiency in the laws and regulations affecting the financial industry.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM: The following education and work experience requirements are essential for successful job performance.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in business administration or equivalent supplementary education with related work experience.
- Experience: Has at least 5 years experience in residential mortgage lending.
- Working knowledge of loan documentation.
- Working knowledge of state and federal residential mortgage laws and regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate to a diverse group of individuals with diplomacy.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office including, Outlook, Excel, Word, and Adobe Acrobat, and the ability to learn new software applications as required.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, use discretion in decision making, and handle confidential information.
- Organized, detail-oriented, resourceful, and an excellent problem-solver with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast pace environment.
- Professional appearance and punctuality.
- Available to work overtime as needed.
- Has 6 + years experience in residential mortgage lending.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas in the mortgage industry; quality control/quality assurance, loan compliance, auditing, or underwriting.
- Thorough knowledge of loan products including: FHA, VA, USDA, Reverse Mortgages
- Experience working in Ellie Mae’s Encompass, Bankers Edition.
Mortgage Advisory Group offers an excellent benefits package, containing:
- Medical, Vision and Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- AFLAC benefits available
- Legal Insurance available
- Monthly company lunch
- Partnership discounts
- Additional benefits to recognize a job well done
The is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5 pm.
For your experience to be considered, please submit a resume in Word or PDF format through the company website at www.mortgageadvisorygroup.com. No phone calls/faxes/walk-ins please.
Mortgage Advisory Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Your Future is Our Focus!
Mortgage Advisory Group’s top-notch customer service is the core of our outstanding reputation in the mortgage industry. We pride...