Designs, develops, revises, and maintains web-based courses, instructor-guided online courses, webinars, and other distance learning programs using sound instructional design principles geared to the distance learner. Facilitates classroom and instructor-guided online courses and webinars as required. Designs, develops, revises, and maintains classroom-based instructional materials as well as education publications. Provides instructional design recommendations for other educational programs, including designations, offered throughout the association. Keeps current on new educational technology and continually reviews current processes in order to evaluate programs and recommend improvements. Maintains product information displayed on CampusMBA and MBA websites.
1. Designs and develops new web-based, print-based, instructor-guided online (blended), and classroom-based course materials using instructional design methodologies. Project manages the development and revision of educational content, including setting and meeting both time deadlines and budget requirements. Course development responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing needs analysis, creating learning objectives, designing and developing course content and corresponding assessment items, and creating, selecting, and incorporating print or web graphics into course as appropriate.
2. Maintains and revises all educational materials created and developed for use by and distribution through CampusMBA programs and product lines, including publications.
3. Manages all instructional design aspects of blended learning programs, including vendor relationships.
4. Updates product information on CampusMBA and MBA websites. This includes updating news features, graphics, gifs, and other information.
5. Provides instructional design guidance to other educational programs/products offered throughout the association.
6. Actively pursues consultant relationships, including seeking out instructional designers and subject matter experts; negotiating contracts; monitoring work progress; ensuring work quality; and ensuring payment of fees.
7. Conducts needs assessments and gap analysis to determine course needs and to define user profiles. Includes an analysis of existing curriculum to ensure it meets MBA’s customers’ needs.
8. Evaluates textbooks and courses from outside educational suppliers. Evaluation includes an analysis of the appropriateness for MBA’s target audience based on such factors as: content, price, instructional level, and design. Recommends efficiencies in production and delivery of all distance learning courses, specifically recommending how emerging technologies can improve the quality and delivery of instruction.
1. Prepares Requests for Proposals for Department-related projects, as needed.
2. Responds to customer inquiries regarding MBA educational programs and services.
3. Assists in exhibit sales for MBA conferences held throughout the year at various locations around the country.
This position description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other functions, as assigned.
NOTE: It is anticipated that an insignificant percent of time for this position is devoted to "lobbying activities" as defined under the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993.
Five or more years’ instructional design experience along with excellent writing, editing and communication skills is required. Must be able to produce quality work within tight time frames. Creative thinking skills and demonstrated innovative approach to problem solving a plus. Proficiency in Microsoft Office required. Experience with HTML and web graphics software is required. Experience using a learning management system is required; experience as a system administrator or instructor in the Blackboard Learning Management System is preferred. Bachelor's degree is required; a Master’s degree in Instructional Design/Technology or Education preferred. Prior association experience, and familiarity with the mortgage lending industry, particularly the commercial/multifamily mortgage lending industry, is strongly preferred. Some travel may be required.
To apply, follow this link: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=MBA&cws=1&rid=141