Esteemed, privately-held, mid-sized multi-state mortgage lender located in Central San Diego has a groundbreaking opportunity for a dynamic, strategic-thinking Director of Human Resources. This exciting, newly created position is responsible for heading HR initiatives, guiding a department of HR professionals, and offering high quality, experienced leadership, service and support to the Management Team as well as all levels of our growing organization.
- 10+ years experience in Human Resources with at least five of those years having performed at a Director or Manager level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or closely related field; equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Senior Professional in Human Resources Management (SPHR) certification.
- Excellent computer skills (advanced Microsoft Office and ADP/HRB Systems).
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE):
- Oversee all aspects of HR including:
o Recruiting (talent acquisition & management)
o Employee relations
o Compensation (performance management)
o Training (professional development of staff)
o Policies and procedures (design, implementation and standardization)
o Benefit administration
- Ensure the Company is in compliance with Federal and State regulations. Seek legal counsel when necessary. Remain current with employment laws and regulations for multiple states, especially those pertaining to the state of California.
- Demonstrated capability to lead, mentor and coach Human Resources team.
- Foster a culture conducive to engaging employees.
- Strong relationship building skills promoting partnerships with the leaders of the business, staff and vendors.
- Support organizational mission, vision and culture.
The ideal candidate will exemplify high standards of customer service and support, maintain confidentiality, and have integrity. Additionally the incumbent will possess a strong work ethic along with excellent communication skills – both verbal and written, be team-focused, and proactive.
Qualified and interested applicants please submit your resume as a PDF attachment along with a cover letter stating your salary requirements. We offer a rewarding and challenging work environment along with a competitive salary and excellent benefits package. EOE