Mortgage Investors Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

User's
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 9, 2016
Use to work there they give you BAD leads to call Or the homeowner has ask million time to TAKE ME OFF THE LIST they never DO! Had a VIET CON they had us keep calling,told me he KILLED us stop calling,3 nights later girl next to me called him.They say its a BANK you dress nice like church but if you do not get LEADS your FIRED!They kept my NEW cool the had my dinner in it after I was told to go see boss in front.FIND all the other worker's that have been there ask them?
Pros
owner is USMC
Cons
THE WHOLE PLACE AND BOSS'S
Exciting Work enviornment with opportunity to grow with company
Assistant Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJune 22, 2016
Working at Mortgage Investor's Corp was very interesting because I assisted Veteran's refinance there home loan. All Vet's had tfo l ,
Pros
Long lunches, great management
Cons
short breaks
Co-Workers/Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLNovember 13, 2015
I loved this job as the coworkers and management made it fun every time we set an appointment we got to play a game of some sort to win extra money
Mic
Assistant Vice President Funding (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 26, 2015
Overseeing day to day operations of the funding department including the supervision and training. Review signed closing documents, calculating funding amounts for loans submitted for funding. Approved wire request submitted to the Warehouses Banks. Developed, produced and reviewed reports for loans funding Daily. Researched and Identify funding/compliance issues. Communicated regularly with management regarding daily funding and weekly settlement totals.
Pros
co-workers and Management
Cons
Company closed
Productive and fun place to work with training.
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 3, 2015
Able to perform duties professionally with great training and co-workers assistance. Set appointments for Loan Officers. Awesome job.
Pros
Ability to clock out for lunch and get training.
Cons
Receiving awards for job performances.
Telemarketing
Assistant Loan officer (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 4, 2015
Fun atmosphere, but no job security. Management was difficult at times and so was making commission. The best part was the daily spiffs and the games
Productive & fun workplace
Closer/Funder (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 6, 2015
It was a fast paced workplace. Accuracy was a must. However, it also had it's fun & relaxed times. When busy, the hours were long sometimes 12 to 16 hours daily.
Pros
Often treated to lunch for all employees especially at holidays
Cons
Healthcare insurance was pricey and didn't have good coverage
Most unprofessional job I have ever had.
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 23, 2015
While making phone calls to set appointments, the management played music so loudly I could not hear the people I called and they could hear the music which varied from R&B, country, rock and roll to rap (which included the most vulgar language I have ever heard in a place of business). There was dancing at the desks. If a person was late to work, they were instructed to go to the front on the platform where the manager was and compelled to sing.
Pros
it was close to home.
Cons
ridicule of employees. loud. unprofessional.
Productive but routined
Customer Service/Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 17, 2014
Set appointments for loan officers to reach VA mortgage holders in refinance; Spiffs were a big plus for making more money each and every day
Great Company
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 27, 2014
Great Company to be employed by great benefits and support team was excellent
Pros
great work place
Past past enviroment
Quality Assurance/Assistant Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 20, 2014
A typical day at work would be obtaining documents required for loan approval, and review file to ensure accuracy before submitting to underwriting. The hardest part of the job was coming in at 5am and working weekends.
Pros
friendly workplace, flexible lunch times and breaks
Cons
long work hours, work saturdays and every other sundays
great place to work with great compensation and benefits
National Authorization Director (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 8, 2014
a typical day started with a sales meeting to provide encouragement for the day ahead.
Very busy assisting loan officers with in home sales presentations as well as tech aspects of streamline refinance.
Hardest part of the job was keeping up with all mortgage laws in different states.
Management always assisted in any issue and were open if needed.
co-workers all worked very hard and had respect for one another.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being in an environment where all your hard work was noticed and appreciated.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
long hours and mandatory 6 day work week
Fast paced enviroment!
Information TECH (Former Employee) –  TAMPA, FLSeptember 19, 2014
Good Paying job but not to much of my kind of environment. No one was professional and their was always drama between co-workers.
Very Enjoyable workplace and coworkers
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 31, 2014
I had a lot of fun working for this company it always had tools to help you learn and advance while keeping it fun and energetic.
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 7, 2014
It was a fun environment , with excellent benefits. Management was decent, we worked an 8 hour shift 6 days a week and made good money.
The job was great for the 3 1/2 years that I was there.
Assist Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 3, 2014
I worked hard every day and worked double shifts at times. The atmosphere was good. I learned how to convince all types of people that they were better off to make the appointment and view their options with our Loan Officer as they were the experts in the field of re-financing.

My co-workers both day and night shift were great. Some of us are currently planning a reunion on Facebook!

The most difficult part of the job was when we went from talking to approximately 1 - 2 veterans that were irate per month to dozens of irate customers/veterans per month; still you would be working to de-escalate the situation and schedule an appointment/re-schedule another appointment for the veteran/veterans with our Loan Officer.

Despite the irate customers, I would say the the best part of my job besides some excellent people to work with was the fact that I helped our veterans who served our country save money!!! ;o)
Productive Company
Assistant Loan Officer-sales (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 2, 2014
Contacted potential military veterans on phone to see if they qualified for the mortgage rate reduction program we were offering.

I learned about the different kind of mortgages that are available,how interest rates can be fixed or adjustable and how a mortgage rate can be reduced.

Management could have been trained more in how to deal with people. There were no management training classes.

The hardest part of the job was the long work week six days a week with one day off.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping veterans lower their mortgage rate and my co-workers.
Hard working environment
National Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 15, 2014
I rate my experience as exceptional. I learned from the best in sales and mortgage professionals.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
worked 7 days a week
Productive and fun work place.
Quality Control Auditor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 20, 2014
Very laid back enjoyable company to work for. The Owner is very generous to his employees.
Pros
flexible work schedule, free coffee. nice holiday raffles.
Cons
job security not guaranteed.
Unprofessional atmosphere, Ghetto, trashy, inexperienced employees, circus show
Customer Service Representative/Post Closing (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 15, 2014
The only reason I gave this awful excuse for a corporation 1 star in every field is because this system wouldn't let me leave the field's empty. Glad that this hell hole company closed. Employees were unprofessional and the majority of them had absolutely no mortgage experience. They only hired permanent employees who knew upper management or another permanent employee. Older employees were petty and ignorant.
Glad it's over. Good riddance....
Pros
they went out of business... yay!!!!
Cons
scamming and deceiving veterans. unprofessional management and employees