Mortgage Investors Corporation Employee Reviews

It was something totally different than what I have ever done
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33612July 18, 2017
we helped veterans refinance their mortgages to a lower rate. It really made me feel worthy of helping them because a lot of them were injured badly, so it made me feel I was really helping them.
Pros
nice christmas parties
Cons
nice co-workers
CEO who rewards Employees
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 13, 2017
This place of employment was one of my favorite places to work. I enjoyed the challenges and the perks that was given to employees to let us know what a good job we were doing.
Pros
Financially Rewarding
Cons
Possibilty of Layoffs
A typical day at work
VA & FHA Loan Closer (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 3, 2017
Provide data processing for correction of Mortgages being refinanced with both FHA and VA loans. We had to do data entry, corrections and processing in a timely manner.
work
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 13, 2017
learned alot
had to use own car and gas
had to drive far with little results
no work life balance
not for me
wouldnt want to work in that capacity again
Not employee friendly
Document Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 23, 2017
MIC is a money making machine. One outstanding product. The company is an assembly line process for a VA ARM Refinance Loan. Very strict work environment. Mandatory overtime hours and the work week was 6 days. It was not uncommon to work 15 hour days without a lunch break. They offered benefits but made it very difficult to use them, doctor appointments, vacation days or PTO. But if you didn't mind working hard long hours, the pay check was excellent.
Pros
large pay checks
Cons
no personal or family life. Long hours.
Work for free
Assistant Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 17, 2017
Generated sales and was not compensated for $100k + sales. Would generate new mortgages and then they would take that and hand it over to someone else.
Pros
Experience
Cons
No compesation
too many secrets
Appointment setter (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 12, 2017
we were all laid off within a day. The company was losing business however we were assured that we would all be fine and that we were only going through small changes however that was not the case and the entire department was laid off
User's
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 9, 2016
Use to work there they give you BAD leads to call Or the homeowner has ask million time to TAKE ME OFF THE LIST they never DO! Had a VIET CON they had us keep calling,told me he KILLED us stop calling,3 nights later girl next to me called him.They say its a BANK you dress nice like church but if you do not get LEADS your FIRED!They kept my NEW cool the had my dinner in it after I was told to go see boss in front.FIND all the other worker's that have been there ask them?
Pros
owner is USMC
Cons
The whole place and boss's
Exciting Work enviornment with opportunity to grow with company
Assistant Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJune 22, 2016
Working at Mortgage Investor's Corp was very interesting because I assisted Veteran's refinance there home loan. All Vet's had tfo l ,
Pros
Long lunches, great management
Cons
short breaks
Processing Team Leader
Processing Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 6, 2016
• Responsible for data input and auditing of VA government loan closing packages
• Reviewed for accuracy loan closing packages of other clerks before submission
• Prepared and coordinated all required information and documentation for closing attorneys
Co-Workers/Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLNovember 13, 2015
I loved this job as the coworkers and management made it fun every time we set an appointment we got to play a game of some sort to win extra money
Mic
Assistant Vice President Funding (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 26, 2015
Overseeing day to day operations of the funding department including the supervision and training. Review signed closing documents, calculating funding amounts for loans submitted for funding. Approved wire request submitted to the Warehouses Banks. Developed, produced and reviewed reports for loans funding Daily. Researched and Identify funding/compliance issues. Communicated regularly with management regarding daily funding and weekly settlement totals.
Pros
co-workers and Management
Cons
Company closed
Productive and fun place to work with training.
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 3, 2015
Able to perform duties professionally with great training and co-workers assistance. Set appointments for Loan Officers. Awesome job.
Pros
Ability to clock out for lunch and get training.
Cons
Receiving awards for job performances.
Telemarketing
Assistant Loan officer (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 4, 2015
Fun atmosphere, but no job security. Management was difficult at times and so was making commission. The best part was the daily spiffs and the games
Productive & fun workplace
Closer/Funder (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 6, 2015
It was a fast paced workplace. Accuracy was a must. However, it also had it's fun & relaxed times. When busy, the hours were long sometimes 12 to 16 hours daily.
Pros
Often treated to lunch for all employees especially at holidays
Cons
Healthcare insurance was pricey and didn't have good coverage
Most unprofessional job I have ever had.
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 23, 2015
While making phone calls to set appointments, the management played music so loudly I could not hear the people I called and they could hear the music which varied from R&B, country, rock and roll to rap (which included the most vulgar language I have ever heard in a place of business). There was dancing at the desks. If a person was late to work, they were instructed to go to the front on the platform where the manager was and compelled to sing.
Pros
It was close to home.
Cons
Ridicule of employees. Loud. Unprofessional.
Productive but routined
Customer Service/Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 17, 2014
Set appointments for loan officers to reach VA mortgage holders in refinance; Spiffs were a big plus for making more money each and every day
Great Company
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 27, 2014
Great Company to be employed by great benefits and support team was excellent
Pros
Great work place
Past past enviroment
Quality Assurance/Assistant Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 20, 2014
A typical day at work would be obtaining documents required for loan approval, and review file to ensure accuracy before submitting to underwriting. The hardest part of the job was coming in at 5am and working weekends.
Pros
Friendly workplace, flexible lunch times and breaks
Cons
Long work hours, work Saturdays and every other Sundays
great place to work with great compensation and benefits
National Authorization Director (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 8, 2014
a typical day started with a sales meeting to provide encouragement for the day ahead.
Very busy assisting loan officers with in home sales presentations as well as tech aspects of streamline refinance.
Hardest part of the job was keeping up with all mortgage laws in different states.
Management always assisted in any issue and were open if needed.
co-workers all worked very hard and had respect for one another.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being in an environment where all your hard work was noticed and appreciated.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
long hours and mandatory 6 day work week