MORTGAGE INVESTORS CORPORATION

MORTGAGE INVESTORS CORPORATION Employee Reviews

Telemarketing
Assistant Loan officer (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 4, 2015
Fun atmosphere, but no job security. Management was difficult at times and so was making commission. The best part was the daily spiffs and the games
Productive & fun workplace
Closer/Funder (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 6, 2015
Pros: Often treated to lunch for all employees especially at holidays
Cons: Healthcare insurance was pricey and didn't have good coverage
It was a fast paced workplace. Accuracy was a must. However, it also had it's fun & relaxed times. When busy, the hours were long sometimes 12 to 16 hours daily.
Most unprofessional job I have ever had.
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: it was close to home.
Cons: ridicule of employees. loud. unprofessional.
While making phone calls to set appointments, the management played music so loudly I could not hear the people I called and they could hear the music which varied from R&B, country, rock and roll to rap (which included the most vulgar language I have ever heard in a place of business). There was dancing at the desks. If a person was late to work, they were instructed to go to the front on the platform where the manager was and compelled to sing.
Productive but routined
Customer Service/Appointment Setter (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 17, 2014
Set appointments for loan officers to reach VA mortgage holders in refinance; Spiffs were a big plus for making more money each and every day
Great Company
Loan Officer (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 27, 2014
Pros: great work place
Great Company to be employed by great benefits and support team was excellent
Past past enviroment
Quality Assurance/Assistant Loan Processor (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 20, 2014
Pros: friendly workplace, flexible lunch times and breaks
Cons: long work hours, work saturdays and every other sundays
A typical day at work would be obtaining documents required for loan approval, and review file to ensure accuracy before submitting to underwriting. The hardest part of the job was coming in at 5am and working weekends.
great place to work with great compensation and benefits
National Authorization Director (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: long hours and mandatory 6 day work week
a typical day started with a sales meeting to provide encouragement for the day ahead.
Very busy assisting loan officers with in home sales presentations as well as tech aspects of streamline refinance.
Hardest part of the job was keeping up with all mortgage laws in different states.
Management always assisted in any issue and were open if needed.
co-workers all worked very hard and had respect for one another.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being in an environment where all your hard work was noticed and appreciated.
Fast paced enviroment!
Information TECH (Former Employee), TAMPA, FLSeptember 19, 2014
Good Paying job but not to much of my kind of environment. No one was professional and their was always drama between co-workers.
Very Enjoyable workplace and coworkers
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 31, 2014
I had a lot of fun working for this company it always had tools to help you learn and advance while keeping it fun and energetic.
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 7, 2014
It was a fun environment , with excellent benefits. Management was decent, we worked an 8 hour shift 6 days a week and made good money.
The job was great for the 3 1/2 years that I was there.
Assist Loan Officer (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 3, 2014
I worked hard every day and worked double shifts at times. The atmosphere was good. I learned how to convince all types of people that they were better off to make the appointment and view their options with our Loan Officer as they were the experts in the field of re-financing.

My co-workers both day and night shift were great. Some of us are currently planning a reunion on Facebook!

The most difficult part of the job was when we went from talking to approximately 1 - 2 veterans that were irate per month to dozens of irate customers/veterans per month; still you would be working to de-escalate the situation and schedule an appointment/re-schedule another appointment for the veteran/veterans with our Loan Officer.

Despite the irate customers, I would say the the best part of my job besides some excellent people to work with was the fact that I helped our veterans who served our country save money!!! ;o)
Productive Company
Assistant Loan Officer-sales (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJune 2, 2014
Contacted potential military veterans on phone to see if they qualified for the mortgage rate reduction program we were offering.

I learned about the different kind of mortgages that are available,how interest rates can be fixed or adjustable and how a mortgage rate can be reduced.

Management could have been trained more in how to deal with people. There were no management training classes.

The hardest part of the job was the long work week six days a week with one day off.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping veterans lower their mortgage rate and my co-workers.
Hard working environment
National Director of Sales (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 15, 2014
Pros: great compensation
Cons: worked 7 days a week
I rate my experience as exceptional. I learned from the best in sales and mortgage professionals.
Productive and fun work place.
Quality Control Auditor (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 20, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule, free coffee. nice holiday raffles.
Cons: job security not guaranteed.
Very laid back enjoyable company to work for. The Owner is very generous to his employees.
Unprofessional atmosphere, Ghetto, trashy, inexperienced employees, circus show
Customer Service Representative/Post Closing (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 15, 2014
Pros: they went out of business... yay!!!!
Cons: scamming and deceiving veterans. unprofessional management and employees
The only reason I gave this awful excuse for a corporation 1 star in every field is because this system wouldn't let me leave the field's empty. Glad that this hell hole company closed. Employees were unprofessional and the majority of them had absolutely no mortgage experience. They only hired permanent employees who knew upper management or another permanent employee. Older employees were petty and ignorant.
Glad it's over. Good riddance....
Not a real bad place to work. Decent compensation.
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 3, 2014
Pros: senior management showed personal care for employees.
Cons: office politics / racism, unfair treement due to unskilled lower management.
NEVER arrive too early ? NEVER wear RED ? NEVER look for a better position either outside or internally.
Kiss every ones butt who needs it kissed.
Didn't learn a thing about the subject areas that I was assigned .. only lower management was ENTITTLED to be educated.
Deal with your coworkers tripping over each other to kiss the bosses butt..
Try and complete deadlines around your bosses social schedule.
Do not show your complete skill level to your insecure immediate supervisor ... unless you want to be unemployed .... or you want credit to be assigned to her favorite butt kisser.... oh wait the company shut down and I'm unemployed anyway !
fun workplace
Sr. Loan Officer (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 17, 2014
as long as you got your work down the bosses were cool, they paid for me to get 20 licenses
Very productive, showed alot of enthusiasm and positive attitudes
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 11, 2014
typical day was very exciting until when the end came near.
I learned to expect the unexpected and to stay positive and full of excitement.
I enjoyed most of my co workers. We all got along and supported one another in a positive manner.
The hardest thing about my job was when deals were slow to achieve because most people have a hard time staying positive.
The most enjoyable part of my job was to know that for every achievement you will be rewarded.
Company that wll forever be missed by all.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 5, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: it shut down
MIC was my home. I started working there as a Appt Setter at the age of 17. No sales experience, nothing. Within four months, I was promoted to a Sales Manager. I trained all incoming and strengthened existing reps skills with setting appts for Loan Officers to come into the Veterans homes' to refinance their VA loans. Not only was a an 18 year old making $50,000+ in a management role, I was helping Veterans. This typical "Call Center job" inspired me to go to school to obtain my Bachelors in Communications Marketing and Sales.

Although I worked the 4-12am shift, I worked 12pm-12am six days a week because I ENJOYED who I worked with and what I was doing.
Fun atmosphere, Bad Corporate
Appointment Setter (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: pay, atmosphere
Cons: corporate management, rapport with customers
It was fun working here, managers were helpful and knowledgeable. However, corporate has a lot of secrets and bad business they didn't want workers to know about.

1 2 3

About MORTGAGE INVESTORS CORPORATION

Union First Market Bankshares is the holding company for Union Bank & Trust,¬†which operates approximately 100 branches in central, – Read more

MORTGAGE INVESTORS CORPORATION Salaries